Do you think the US president should be the sole

decider whether to deploy nuclear weapons?

Ok, let's say satellites detect a full blown attack on America from Russia with hundreds of ICBMs.

Who should be able to authorize the retaliatory strike? Hillary? Really? What if she refuses to push the red button?

Should there be regular mock trainings to see whether the president would really push the button? And should these trainings be so realistic that no one in the government actually knows if the scenario is real or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_(nuclear_war)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fail-deadly
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Russia would never dare attack America.

Obama crippled Putin and his shithole country.

two-man rule exists for a reason. there is no red button. CJCS can overrule the president

I think Kennedy got killed because he had a mob hearing in 59 as a senator and it was retaliation but it didn't help that he was super drugged out and had his finger on the trigger during the cold war. I think knowing that Trump is sober and sane is a big relief.

Hillary not entering the codes
kekekekekek
she lives for that

> implying Hillary would win

Kek

>Russia would never dare attack America.

Imagine this one:
>Russia launches an all out attack via ICBMS on America
>It's 3am in D.C., Hillary is fast asleep
>5min after ICBM launches detected, secret services and Navy commander with nuclear football storm in
>take Hillary and Bill to the nuclear shelter below the White House
>Hillary refuses to believe it is real, refuses to push the red button
>Hillary tries to call Putin
>20min after launch, Hillary has Putin on the phone
>Putin says she is imagining things no nukes have been launched, US should check its satellite system
25min after launch, Hillary calls IT techs to check if systems are alright
29min after launch, IT techs say need to check with Microsoft first
30min.... ICBMs explode all over the US, taking out all strike capabilities and all major cities and medium sized cities

5min after total annihilation: Hillary "Can we still strike back?" The answer is NO!

>Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Can't give anyone that much power, humans, all humans, can be corrupted.

You do realize you need three people to give the command to launch the nuclear arsenal, and two more people do actually do it?

Stalemate at best.

I loved how butthurt Obama was when he and Putin had that one press conference. the salty look on obamas face was priceless, wish i knew what was said before

Our boomer subs could flatten Russia irrespective of anything else.

ITT: people that think onky the president cant fire them.

Truth is, if the US is under an attack, the response is automatic, the silo crews can fire them.

The football is for when the US wants to attack first.

Hillary wouldn't even give a shit if it was real. She gets woken up at 3am, taken to the bunker, and then falls asleep again. She's safe so that's all that matters. Why bother saving a bunch of fags and niggers?

>implying that launching nukes requires the consent of any leader.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_(nuclear_war)

>Our boomer subs could flatten Russia irrespective of anything else.
Snowden has handed Russia the abort procedures for all American nuclear subs. There is nerve gas installed in all American nuclear subs in order to make sure that no rouge American captain launches nukes and ends the world. This gas can be released remotely. Russia will just push the gas button and that is that.

>Snowden has handed Russia the abort procedures for all American nuclear subs. There is nerve gas installed in all American nuclear subs in order to make sure that no rouge American captain launches nukes and ends the world. This gas can be released remotely. Russia will just push the gas button and that is that.

You have a quite vivid fantasy my friend.

>the silo crews can fire them.
No, they cannot. They need the launch command code to fire the missiles. Same with nukes.

----
On a submarine, both the commanding officer and executive officer must agree that the order to launch is valid and then mutually authorize the launch with their operations personnel. Instead of another party who would confirm a missile launch as in the case of land-based ICBMs, the set of keys is distributed among the key personnel on the submarine and are kept in safes (each of these crew members has access only to his keys). Some keys are stored in special safes on board which are secured by combination locks. Nobody on board has the combination to open these safes; the unlock key comes as a part of the launch order (Emergency Action Message) from the higher authority.

>decider

t. George Bush

I'm pretty sure there's a "dead man" system that automatically detects and launches missiles if an incoming one is detected. US, UK, and Russia all are triple strike land air sea nuke threats and I'm sure they can wake WHOEVER is president if there's an incoming missile.

>implying Russian nukes would do any harm to the US nuclear launch system
>implying nuking Russia would help in any way
>implying Russia would be stupid enough to launch a full on nuclear strike on the US
>implying Hillary on her period isn't the biggest threat to global security ever faced

No they don't.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fail-deadly

It's sad how much of a traitor you are towards your own country.

I don't think you need presidential approval to kill an ICBM attack on your country. For self-defense, there are automatic rules.

For attacks you need presidential approval.

>Obama crippled Putin and his shithole country.
You actually believe that. In the past 8 years Russia has updated their weapons technology. Their new boomer subs are impressive.

OPEC fucked oil prices then Obama fucked them even more by releasing Iranian sanctions.

The US has been waging an aggressive economic war with Russia. Just because they updated their nuclear arsenal is no indication of their stability as a nation. If anything them doing that is indicative of how unstable their country has become.

0_o Are you really that fucking dumb, Kennedy was killed because he was shutting down the Federal Reserve and disbanding the IRS. Kennedy already had the treasury printing the new money. Aka know as the Kennedy 5 dollar bills.

Typical right wing retard America hating Putin lover.

Think that was covered in Dr Strangelove.

>at one point
>likely

I wonder how they discovered this totally genuine information.

Obama is actually slowly sapping at Russia's economy, by making the war in Syria never-ending. Obama is hoping this will cripple's Russia economy more. It's basically the same strategy the USA used during the Cold War when Russia couldn't keep up with the arms race anymore, their economy just faltered.

The same plan is at work here, except it's more complicated.

Now that Turkey is switching sides, Obama is actually losing ground in the Middle East. An alliance of Russia - Turkey - Iran - Syria sounds like bad news for the European oil pipe too.

So, the next US president will inherit a clusterfuck of a situation in the Middle East.

Also, how long will Russia's population living on an average 300 bucks wage support Putin, knowing he's spending so much for these wargames, when they're living in poverty.

I imagine at some point, just like during the Soviet era, just being a military power and having nukes won't be enough, if your population lives in a shithole.

That's why Putin is investing in agents spreading negativity about the West, in the Western media. He wants Americans to lose trust in their system and maybe, who knows, go to civil war or attack their own institutions. Putin knows he has no chance in a 1v1 with the USA, considering the economy behind the military.

>For self-defense, there are automatic rules.
You can try to shoot down ICBMs, but that won't work. It is fucking hard to shoot down modern MIRVs.

The question is whether some missile commander in his bunker or some submarine captain can just launch its nukes on Russia without any command chain codes - the answer is no.

GAS THE KIKES

What is oil? What is 2015?

Stupid leaf not understanding how money works. Russians devalue their own money so it's cheaper to spend on weapons. You fucking new at this?7

Ballistic missile submarines are ordered to surface at periodic intervals to receive communications indicating that no change has occurred in the defense condition. Should the submarines be unable to receive the proper command and control signals indicating normal, peacetime conditions, their orders would be to launch their nuclear missiles under the assumption that command and control structures had been destroyed in a nuclear attack and that retaliation was therefore necessary. All available means of verification and all due caution would naturally be applied.

>if your population lives in a shithole
Kek. Gypsy
>wants Americans to lose trust in their system
Yeah. As if American politicians arent already doing enough of that. themselves.

Also Nice try jewshill

No it can't launch offensive nukes without presidential decisions.
But if a missile is coming to hit the USA they won't wait for the president to get the call, listen to the communication and then make the decision. That would just take too much time and it may be too late to react if you wait so much before taking down an offensive attack.

>Yeah. As if American politicians arent already doing enough of that. themselves.

They do it because they have freedum.

You don't even have the freedum to disagree with or criticise Putin. Or you end up like those Russian journalists getting killed by "unknown" shooters. :^)

No obviously fucking not. It's the only country that ever used them.
For there to be peace and balance in the world either USA doesnt have nukes at all or every significant country has them.

He's leaf, what do you expect.

The Russian economy is crippled you retards.

I know that pisses off you right wing America hating Trumptards.

>But if a missile is coming to hit the USA they won't wait for the president to get the call, listen to the communication and then make the decision. That would just take too much time and it may be too late to react if you wait so much before taking down an offensive attack.

Only the president can order nukes. If the president does not want to, there needs to be evidence for him to be killed to transfer the codes to the newly sworn in president. And you need at least the secretary of defence to confirm the counter attack.

>Only the president can order nukes.

I never said otherwise. You don't need to launch nukes to counter incoming nukes.

>Should the submarines be unable to receive the proper command and control signals indicating normal, peacetime conditions, their orders would be to launch their nuclear missiles under the assumption that command and control structures had been destroyed in a nuclear attack and that retaliation was therefore necessary.

No, just no. That is not how things work. A sub needs to get the launch orders for any nukes to be launched.

The US system tries to make sure that the people in command are safe enough to push the button. But if someone refuses to push the button, nothing can be done.

Your chart is a lie Mohammad. The Russian Ruble collapsed and hasn't recovered.

THANKS OBAMA!

Obama weakens America's enemies while strengthening the great United States and right wing retards hate him for it.

You can't distort reality, Shillary fan.

Russia was in trouble because of the oil price, but it is getting out of the ditch.

not pushing the button when hundreds of icbm's are flying to your country would be the best option.
the whole if we die everyone dies attitude is retarded.
the effects of more than 300 nukes at a time will cause a nuclear winter and end all life on the planet.
destroying life on earth isn't worth anything. period.

No it doesn't.

No one knows the nuclear capabilities of any nation. To pretend that you know exactly what the launch protocols are is fucking arrogant

You have been spewing complete bullshit this entire thread.

Again your wrong leaf. All Obama did was help the Russians do a build up. Just like what the Great depression aided the U.S. to devalue it currency so the debts would become miniscule. Are you seriously this retarded.

>GDP CONTRACTION """SLOWS"""

Yeah it's great that the Russian economy contracted 3.7%? WTF

And that their currency collapsed?

Seriously why do you hate America so much? You're always rooting for America's enemies. It's honestly sad how much Trumptards have been brainwashed to hate their own country.

You really are fucking America hating Putinlovers.

You're America's greatest liability.

Whats with the posters that start their posts in the subject line?

This.
If the POTUS went on a bender and decided on a whim to turn North Korea into glass, the RO would tell him to "go to bed Mr. President, you're drunk again".

We are talking the other way around. RO says "Mr. president, we need to strike now" and Hillary says "But think of all the children! Who can I eat if we kill all the children?!"

>>GDP CONTRACTION """SLOWS"""
I assume they only said shit got better in Q3 2009 then and not in the summer of 2009 when Q2 2009 GDP numbers came out?

It's for the banter. You kill America, you get killed back.

The funny thing is, some Europeans might survive the nuclear winter in the Alpes, in caves and shit.

Then they can't strike. They have to listen to her estrogen peaks.

Holy shit you just went full fucking retard.

THEIR GDP CONTRACTED IN 2015 YOU FUCKING RETARD.

Go home Mohammed.

Lmao no we don't. What a fantasy.

>Snowden
>private contractor employee
>access to nukes
Kek

Wtf are you shilling for. Seriously? Do you really think people believe your bullshit? What do you not understand. The Nigger helped the fucking Russians wipe out their debt for the military build up Putin started. Also made it possible for a cheaper labor force, And the Russians control 80% of the rare metals market. Obama helped increase the value of those holdings. Just like how prohibition made the mafia wealthy. Take it from a Jew, your wrong or your are a complete idiot, or your a shill. Also faggot this only hurts the people of Russia not the Government. Russia has sacrificed its people in the past.

He isn't

Also to deploy nuclear weapons other than getting the generals and cabnet on board you need to get congress to declare war officially

Now of course in an emergency the executive branch can act and then get congressional approval within ... I think 30 days... And of congress disagrees they all go to jail and face war crimes

>having your economy decimated is a good thing

Right wing retards will actually believe this.

Holy shit.

Meanwhile Obama booming the US economy is a bad thing.

You fuckers are euthanasia-level retarded.

>The Nigger helped the fucking Russians wipe out their debt

Russia didn't wipe out their debt. You're fucking retarded.

You're either a Russian shill or just another America hating Trump voter.

1. The econemy is booming
2. Globalism is in the macro global scale good for the planet

But what will happen is the western world standard of living will decline as we all even out over a billion Africans and 2 billion Asians

So if you want everyone on earth to live like a Bangcock sweatshop worker, then yeah globalism is great!

>is not

Is not booming

Sorry I just woke up

yeah, when all life, even microbial ones die off from radiation poisoning, we survive in caves somehow. that sounds really plausible.

Germans are so obsessed with the United States military because they have none themselves. Topkek

>yeah, when all life, even microbial ones die off from radiation poisoning

That is not how it works, dude. The idea is that if enough nukes go off, then you have a massive firestorm in the world, with lots of dust getting to the stratosphere, which results in a darkening for several years until that dust settles. This can lead to a serious lowering of temperatures and may actually end up getting the world into a severe ice age.
----
These larger firestorms were believed to cause nuclear winter conditions for as long as a decade, with summer cooling by about 20 °C (36 °F) in core agricultural regions of the US, Europe, and China, and by as much as 35 °C (63 °F) in Russia.[7] This cooling was produced due to a 99% reduction in the natural solar radiation reaching the surface of the planet in the first few years, gradually clearing over several decades.
----
Regarding the radiation fallout, you are not looking at immediate decay of radioactive materials as a result of nuclear explosions - a 1000 R/hr completely deadly area goes down to 1 R /hr after just 2 weeks.

Lastly, there is little in terms of radioactive fallout in e.g New York, despite a shitton of nuclear weapons tests in the past including of large scale over the ground testing of H-bombs.

If the power is absolute, it's to corrupg

no

German constitution was literally written by Americans
Germany is not a real state, it's an occupied territory with a provisional government

>Germany is not a real state, it's an occupied territory with a provisional government
We know that. Doesn't have shit to do with nuclear war.

literally "roll over and die"

i'm googling it right now. but it's so much text. will check if you are right thou. interesting stuff.

>Implying that SLBMs aren't enough to fuck Russia up
>Implying that nuclear armed B1s and B2s wouldn't be scrambled without an order from the president

MAD is still in play here, even if Hillary is senile and gets elected. I'm more worried that she'd initiate the strike. Each boomer can carry 24 Trident IIs, and each Trident II can hold up to 12 W88s.

There is a lot of controversy over whether a nuclear winter would happen or not. I personally don't buy it. Humans survived the Toba eruption, and being a VEI8, it made Tsar Bomba look like a firecracker.

As for the fallout, the poster that you are replying to is correct. Unless a place really gets monkey hammered with ground bursts, ground zero is safe for travel and cleanup after a week or two. Most of your heavy fallout comes from ground bursts. In air bursts, which is what most would likely be, most of the really nasty stuff stays in the air for a while, dispersing and decaying.

You nailed it. You're dead-on.

Putin's best allies are Trump and his America hating right wing retard followers.

>There is a lot of controversy over whether a nuclear winter would happen or not. I personally don't buy it. Humans survived the Toba eruption, and being a VEI8, it made Tsar Bomba look like a firecracker.

This might be one of the most retarded statements I've ever read on here, and that's saying something.

You think that because a few small groups of hominids survived a volcanic eruption 75,000 years ago, that today a nuclear war wouldn't have catastrophic consequences for billions of people on this planet?

The ECFR went on the record, saying they have underestimated Russia's military build up. All thanks to Obama. As a shill you suck. Even your overlords admit it. But yet you still shill your outdated bullshit.

Typical America hating right wing retards Trumptard Putin lover.

I know this triggers you. I know you hate to hear this because you HATE America, but America is the greatest military superpower the world has ever known.

>To pretend that you know exactly what the launch protocols are is fucking arrogant

that's exactly what you did here you stupid arrogant nigger

>what if she refuses to push the red button
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Hillary would LOVE to press it.

>Calls me retarded, then ignores the actual content of what I posted.

No nuclear winter != no catastrophic consequences. It means no nuclear winter. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want catastrophic consequences without nuclear winter, try a world where the power grid is down for good, meaning no refrigeration and little knowledge or ability of the general populace to preserve food without it. Try having to worry about the uptake of fallout by your crops. Try having none of the modern conveniences brought to you by fossil fuels.

Oh wait... A FUCKING LEAF

>america fucks up all of europe by constantly pissing at the ME (and thus creating things like the fucking migrant crisis) so russia 'has to focus there instead of europe'
>B-BUT WE'RE PROTECTING YOU AGAINST BIG BAD RUSSIA!
>we need to keep developing better and better weapons to defeat the evil russians!
>I know! we'll give those weapons we developed to islamic terrorists!
>oh, and don't forget, gotta support israel our greatest ally which is basically throwing a rock into a hornets nest
gee, thanks.

Consider it a wakeup call. When the oil revenues in the MENA run out, and it will, so will a lot of the food. Then the number of Muzzies trying to get into Europe will number in the tens if not hundreds of millions. You guys think a million in a year is bad? Wait until it is a million per month, or more.

Oh cheers, just kill assad already so we can have another muslim shithole with ruined economy instead of somewhat-working secular country.

This is right up there with
>deactivate the atoms remotely

Our satellites above Russia would detect a launch within 10 seconds b/c the heat plumes from known silo sites
Also generals can scramble bombers, but not order them to attack in the event she hesitates

If it were up to me, Assad would stay in power. You need strongman type dictators in that region to keep the shitty people in line. But my point still stands about this just being a mere wakeup call. Saudi Arabia already owns agricultural land in the US because it doesn't have enough arable land to feed its own people. Them holding it is dependent on their oil revenues, and those aren't going to last forever.

On top of that, the muzzies have openly stated their desire to take over the world. The problem is that they're a bunch of retardo inbred fucks (pic related) who would come in, take over, then a bunch of people would starve to death because they lack the mental acuity to run things with the modern infrastructure.

Your muzzie problems aren't 100% the fault of the US. We've helped it along, but there are other causes involved. It's a complex situation, and simplifying it does none any good.

Of course it would happen eventually, but maybe they would have chosen to invade africa or poo in loos because of their resources.
Literally the only thing we have to offer is superior technology and white mans/jews business practices that allow them to live in land with few resources and provide services instead.

But because US needed to wage war in practically every muslim country and then install weak pro-muslim state puppets it gets worse with every month and the attention is almost solely focused on europe (and eventually US)

It's probably going to happen sooner than you think. Central banks have royally fucked the oil markets up. As for why they're choosing Europe, it's because your leaders keep on offering them the gibs. Also, keep in mind that they're not all coming from places that the US has bombed.

At this point, I would fully support Europe mining its land borders, manning it with machine gun nests and sinking the boats coming over the med, men, women, children. This is because I know that what the future has in store is much worse, and it is better to nip it in the bud now.

>Typical America hating right wing retards Trumptard Putin lover.
Hardly, hate Trump. Believe he will throw the election. I do not trust the Russians. I happen to be an Analyst. I won't argue on the books America's Military looks strong, but not by much. Russia's build up was at a fraction of the cost. Thanks to their soft economy. You have no idea what you are talking about, you think your getting to me, your not. Your a disinfo agent with out a doubt. Who and What your shilling for, is the question.

> your not. Your a disinfo agent

LOL. An analyst would know when to use your and you're.

You're a 13 year old neet in your mother's basement. You analyze anime.

hahahahahahaahahahahaaaaaaa
yah so that's like for movies and stuff kid.

> your not. Your
My device knows no difference. So take that up with the programmers. Attacking a individuals credibility based on a grammatical error is juvenile. I do that also faggot. It's the oldest shill in the book. Now that your insulting me, you off your script. Leaf Proxy Ivan? What's the game?

> Leaf Proxy Ivan? What's the game?

Why would a Russian be shilling for America?

The Russian shills brainwash Trump voters to hate their country.

Citations need please.