Why cant dc use jakeem thunder instead of static shock?

why cant dc use jakeem thunder instead of static shock?

What's wrong with Static? He's a good kid.

DC wouldnt have to get the rights back

People know who Static Shock is. People don't know who Jakeem Thunder is. Even a blind person could had see why they prefer Static Shock over Jakeen Thunder.

Cause Static is more popular and their powers are completely different, outside of involving electricity.

I want a Jakeem Thunder comic though.

Mostly same reason Cyborg is used in the JL over literally any other adult(ish) black character: popularity from a cartoon.

Has Jakeem even been re-introduced yet?

no

Jakeem isn't really a very good self insert character. You can at least imagine yourself as Static Shock, shooting lightning at people and flying around, but Jakeem just controls a genie. Like he just stands there while Thunderbolt does all the work. Not as fun a character to imagine yourself as. Probably more fun to imagine yourself as Thunderbolt honestly.

they have nothing in common besides being black teenagers

This kinda. Jakeem requires a really talented writer to want to read about him. He's not really an action hero. Thunderbolt is. Jakeem's schtick also gets old after a while.

What is it with blacks and electricity powers?

Jakeem doesn't even have electricity powers, he has a magic genie

Because it's always shocking to see a useful black.

What is it with skeletons and bone powers?

Because they're basically nothing alike?

Not yet but you can kind of figure he was the great grandson mentioned in the Rebirth one-shot

Isnt Priest apart of a team working on Milestone and their characters

I was really sad with this page in the DC Rebirth. I hope the Justice Society story continues soon. I really want Johnny to be reunited with his grand-son and with Thunderbolt...

Can we get the big list of black supers with lightning powers?

>Black Lightning
>Static
>Black Vulcan
>Juice
>Soul Power
>Sparky
>Azari
>Lightning
>Volt
>Shango the Thunderer
>Thunder Fall
>Coldcast
>TASM2 Electro
Gets a little smaller if you don't count "we couldn't use Black Lightning" characters but there you go.