American author thinks Norwegian flag is Confederate flag

>The news tip a few days ago said:

>“Hi. Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying in front of a house in my Greenwood neighborhood. It is at the north-east corner of 92nd and Palatine, just a block west of 92nd and Greenwood Ave N. I would love to know what this ‘means’ … but of course don’t want to knock on their door. Maybe others in the area are flying the flag? Maybe it’s a story? Thank you.”

>It was from Rebecca Morris, who is an author of The New York Times best-seller true-crime books.

>So, of course, we drove to that corner.

>Darold Norman Stangeland lives at the corner house.

>“That’s a Norwegian flag,” he says. “It’s been up there since the start of the Olympics.”

seattletimes.com/seattle-news/both-have-crosses-so-norwegian-flag-mistaken-for-confederate-flag/

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE?

Could you imagine a German mistaking a Japanese Flag for a Nazi one.

As a member of the Sons of Norway I am appalled at her stupidity, but then, she is a pacific coast liberal.

kek europoors copying BASED confed flag!

change your flag norway, it's racis flag

Flying a Confederate flag is "maybe a story"? Don't loads of Americans in the deep south fly these flags? How is this person so sheltered?

the Norwegian flag is indeed copying the confederate battle flag! and nothing else :D

>Sons of Norway
>(wikipedia)a fraternal organization principally representing people of Norwegian heritage in the United States and Canada.
What is this feeling in my chest? Oh, right, it's fremdschämen.

not just the south, it's not out of place throughout the country, it's something of a rebel or rustic brand

Yes, they're all over the place in the South, especially outside the cities.

This story apparently happened in Seattle, WA. I guess the mere thought of a Confederate flag nearby gave some Starbucks liberal the vapors.

its chief concern is providing life insurance for that community

Doing god's work, Peru. Your best effort is really showing.

you people are cancer

Wai~

>As a member of the Sons of Norway I am appalled at her stupidity, but then, she is a pacific coast liberal.

God bless you, Peru

As a member of the Sons of Sweden I am appalled at her stupidity, but then, she is a pacific coast liberal.

>le 0% envious of le 56%

It was nice of them to form that organization for the last Swedes in the country.

Way to derail the thread America, now instead of making fun of America, they'll be making fun of America!

Hey man, it's a living and fon to due :D

As a member of the Sons of Portugal I think it's pretty funny that dumb Americlaps confuse our Nordic brothers with redneck confederates

lmao

Well, a lot of Americans believe the Dutch flag is an American flag.