Why was Austria completely dismantled after WW1?

Obviously they lost the war, but they didn't just have to give land and concessions like Germany, but were distroyed.
What was so special about Austrian Empire and why was it not enough to financially cripple them?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471705363464.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Czechoslovakia
youtube.com/watch?v=yiJPVZf9YP8
youtube.com/watch?v=V-c8J7lnMrw
youtube.com/watch?v=f29Vo_motiA&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471705363464.webm

It collapsed on its own in the wake of defeat. The allies just signed treaties with the tiny nations which emerged out of it.

They started it

too diverse
also afaik it had 2 monarch, an austrian and a hungarian. the austrian sent the hungarian on a vacation and while he was gone declared war on serbia (or smth like that)

also i'd say austria-hungary was more influential than germany was at the time

No, it had two Monarchs but they were the same person. He was Emperor of Austria and King of Hungary.

Did something like Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia really emerge on its own?

Treaty of Trianon worst day of my life.

>Large numbers of Czechs and Slovaks defected on the Russian front and formed the Czechoslovak Legion, organised by Milan Rastislav Štefánik (a Slovak astronomer and general of the French army). Masaryk went to western Europe and began propagating the idea that the Austro-Hungarian Empire should be dismembered and that Czechoslovakia should be an independent state. In 1916, together with Edvard Beneš and Milan Rastislav Štefánik, Masaryk created the Czechoslovak National Council. Masaryk in the United States, Štefánik in France, and Beneš in France and Britain then worked to gain Allied recognition. When secret talks between the Allies and Austrian emperor Charles I collapsed, the Allies recognized the Czechoslovak National Council in the summer of 1918 as the supreme organ of a future Czechoslovak government.
Came from diaspora by the sounds of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Czechoslovakia

*best

Milan..Milan... He was Jusuit yes?

>szlovák thinks he remained some kind of untouched special snowflake after thousands of years cuckening, and not just mixture of everyone who owned that land
*kek
You already have more than enough hungarian blood in your veins.

dunno about czsl but yugoslavia was a goal both croats and serbs wanted to achieve

similar to the prussian-austrian hegemony but alot smaller by comparison

its just a thing that was convenient to happen after Austrias defeat

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck the allies, they denied us Deutschösterreich. Fuck them.

youtube.com/watch?v=yiJPVZf9YP8

>hungarians still copies this autistic text over and over again even when it doesn’t fit anything
>he thinks slovaks have a lot of hungarian blood when even hungarians don’t have a lot of hungarian/ugro finnic blood

Well maybe you should have valued it more than a few square miles of France.

too strong

It was only for crippling our economy, because the whole industry was settled in Prague and we lost our access to the sea. Süd Tirol was just unfair and is still part of a heavy debate if we should get it back

Do you have a YouTube version?

What? Germany never wanted to expand into France. Quite the contrary

The Austrian Empire was dissolved because of nationalism. Croatians thought "uh, I guess we can go it alone". Hungarians thought "yaeahhhh, now we can fuck things up ourselves". Romanians thought "Romania!". Polish thought "We can have a state after all!"

And they were all wrong. The only rich country remaining are South Tyrol and Austria. If everyone had stuck together, WW2 could have been avoided and the communist takeover of Eastern Europe could have been avoided.

The country was a fucking powerhouse, no way anyone would let something like that stick around. Germany was spared becuase france wanted the land themselves

Because woodrow hated monarchy. It had to be destroyed and replaced with puppet democratic republics

Because diversity is weakness and they were too diverse.

>loose 1/3rd of your continental land mass
>have to pay reperations
>dissolve army
>loose colonies
>be occupied

>Germany was spared
>Germany spared
>spared

Bund?

You still exist don't you, fucking hell what more do you want?! this is why world wars keep happening, because you cunts are so demanding.

While I never liked Hitler and didn't wish he would have won WW2.

Man don't I wish sometimes, that the Germans won WW1...... No nazi, no USSR dominating eastern Europe, no cold war, no Israel....etcss

Man, why did they lose?

Was?

>colonize a huge chunk of the entire world's landmass
>oh noes Germany, you so demanding!

What kind of nigger bullshit is this even?

first you have to actually know why WW1 happened
and since this bard basically glorifies WW2 and only topics about it wihile ignoring WW1

Not really, we talk about WW3 too.

The central powers loosing WWI is responsible for basically every war afterwards.

Maybe there would have been other wars to take their place, but I really wish we could see what it would have been like.

>Burgerland

>What? Germany never wanted to expand into France. Quite the contrary

Yeah, right, because you dirty Germans WERENT frothing over Elsass-Lothringen or whatever incorrect name youbarbarians call it.

You aren't fooling anyone.

>still copies
In this case you are the autist. This is the first time when i commented szlovák or szlovák related things.

You were never independent and this brings obvious results. Like it or not, even if the retard way, we are brothers and sisters.

By the way we can annoy each other till the death but you should check the numbers. You, we and other related nations are about to die out. There is no point to hate each other. We are in the same boat and we have more common than differences.

>almost as useless as WW2 italy
>a powerhouse
Somewhere, sometime before the 20th century something went terribly wrong in Austria

It's actually spelled Burgenland (Land of castles)

2/3 thirds of it wasn't even Austria really. It couldn't last.

youtube.com/watch?v=V-c8J7lnMrw

It was wrested Germany as a result of WW1 you fool. Both lands where part of the HRE for centuries, people spoke german, but France had a very aggressive policy towards those lands in the 17th century

Please

>Burgerland awarded to Austria
What did they mean by this?

French hated the habsburgs and wanted to replace with an alliance of anti-german countries. As we can see, theie idea worked perfectly. The united Checoslovak, Romanian, Polish and Yugoslav forces were able to withstand both the German and Russian expansion into to the region.

With WW1 fucking their shit up it was only a matter of time. Fucking up Hungary though was a complete and utter mistake.

Wasn't on youtube, so I uploaded it

youtube.com/watch?v=f29Vo_motiA&feature=youtu.be

If you think German nationalism was too radical during the 19th or 20th century, French nationalism was so radical in the early 19th century that it created German nationalism by itself.

The BURGENLAND was part of Austria AND Hungary so they divided it. I know best because I live there

this is the longer version

>burgerland

Yea but it's different footage, the song is the only thing that's the same

Czechs wanted to isolate us from our Germanic brothers. Thankfully Austrians stopped their evil plans.

You live in a land OF Burgers? Such bountiful feasts you must have.

And you cunts rigged the elections. But I'm not even mad, at least you got that little land back

It's wonderful :^)

thats why we've been really friendly with kikes since 1918 :^) our independence efforts reach to early 1800 tho

JUST

If only the eternal Serb hadn't struck, then this could've worked desu lads

A potential powerhouse maybe, but it was a shambles ever since the 18th century. I would have dissolved after the war without outside intervention anyway.

Who drew this shit map? Borders in Istria are fucked up.

I've always wondered myself, how do they get these numbers?

They ask the women

>The only rich country remaining are South Tyrol and Austria

Maybe because only Austria was in the western bloc after ww2 you dumb shit.The Habsburg empire was the worst empire ever, it could only last long because of the Habsburg's connections with other monarchies

not bad, desu, but we should also get half of bosnia

Women don't go pushing rulers on their partner's pubic bones

Ödenburg is Austrian.

Jawohl Kamerad!

>tfw your great-great-grandfather was an Austro-Hungarian Major-General
>tfw he was promoted to nobility by the Kaiser for acts of valor in battle
>tfw he was best buddies with the local archduke
>tfw your great-grandmother married in the archdukes carriage
>tfw Austro-Hungary loses WWI
>tfw everything is lost
>tfw you realise that you could have belonged to the elite of a powerful country

just kill me already

what you guys say? shall we do it again?

Dude, it would collapse anyway.Poles wanted to GTFO or unite in one country (what both Kaisers accepted durring WWI anyway), every nonhungarian in Hungary hated them (exept for Croats, but they were buddies for 900 years or so), Czechs were sneaky jews like always and wanted power for themselves, Bosnia was retarded like always and only Slovenians don't gave a fuck. Plus don't forget revolution of 1919 that Romania btfo (gusse what nationality leaders of it was)

because smaller states were needed for communism to spread