Costumes thread. Post cool and interesting costume designs in comics

Costumes thread. Post cool and interesting costume designs in comics.

They really need to go back to tech based Rogues

Technically movie but this costume is pure sex.

I agree.

I think the AOU outfit is best. But yeah that indeed was fantastic.
Yeah some dislike the added red above the Star, I love it.

New 52 Weather Wizard didnt look half bad honestly. Didnt much care for Captain Cold or Heatwaves meta look though. They looked better in the flashback pre transformation

I have a fetish for black and white costumes.

God please let Mera's movie outfit be exactly like pic related.

The costume they gave Cold during the Amazo Virus arc was really sick though.

The Rebirth Batman suit is the best Batsuit.

The belt is a work of art and it makes me not miss the underoos for the first time. The purple cape lining is the best addition to Batman's design since the yellow oval.

Eh, not a big fan of it myself. But then again thats a containment suit

I agree 100%

EXCEPT WHEN THE COLORISTS BETWEEN BOOKS CANT GIVE 2 SHITS

I think I'm the only Sup Forumsmrade that likes the original costume over the nu52 costume.

Yes also pic related.
And you're not alone my friend.

Posting some of my fav New 52 redesigns.

Cliff went pretty edge under Morrison.

I prefer it. But then again I'm a huge fag for Morrison's Animal Man.

I just love the look of the inside out Superman t-shirt on Bizarro

I'm not going to apologize for this.

Silver on Wonder Woman is really underutilized.

I prefer this Azrael costume.

Fuck yes my dude.

Michael Lane was grossly underutilized. I'm glad to have Jean-Paul Valley back, but Lane was a great character.

1972 best year all years

Rogues dress to a tee.

I don't understand why they included the Bolland design and the Strazynski design but not Agent Diana Prince

I concur

New 52-4 is the best costume.

Favorites...
1 & 2.) Fabok = Rebirth
3.) DCEU
4.) Red Son Injustice
5.) Maybe Earth One.

Pic related would be my ideal mixture, Fabok or Rebirth for the body.
Boots are Power Girls from Kingdom Come/
Gloves/Gauntlets are from JMS's run.

Does anybody else like this costume?

Depends on the artist, Opena there makes it look great.
No matter what it looks better then the yellow & blue.

If literally anyone but Booth draws it, I love it.

Booth makes it look like shit though, which is funny considering he designed it in the first place.

a classic upon which there is no improvement

This is the Smallville Batman design. Key things to note.
1. This wasn't the first costume he wore. He originally wore something closer to his original costume before changing to this.
2. His costume is outfitted with red solar light for beating down Supes.
3. He isn't wearing a full helmet, instead he has black greasepaint on the bottom of his face.
4. In the comics, his dialog is in black slightly scratchy bubbles, indicating that he is using a more threatening voice akin to Bale's voice in Batman Begins.

Why wasn't this in any of the Captain America movies?

Idiocy.

Dude looks like a Space Sheriff

Like a bat wizard

Ew, no.

He's got a weird "w" on his dick.

They couldn't decide if they should do an armored cod piece or a heavy kevlar crotch region, so they did both and neither and it's fully awful.

Kelley jones is great

Man I love her Red Son outfit

I thought it stood for Wumbo?

Quitely's Superman, with his hearty fabric textures, short cape, and noble bearing has long struck me as the ideal rendition of the character.

Costume thread and no Scarlet Spider?

Step it up Sup Forumsmrades

best on screen batman costume

fight me faggots

Whatever happened to her? Did she die?

>Those squiggly red and white lines
>dark red lines over dark blue

Now this is over-design

>Now this is over-design
That is not a flaw, simplicity is cancer.

Needs MOAR pouches.
POUCHES FROM POUCH DIMENSION!

What do you think of pic related Spider-Man?

Pretty cool honestly and the spider emblem is pretty clever

I agree. It also reminds me a bit of Arachne.

It's so fucking sexy. It's the ideal armorfu

Remind me again why he needed armor?

Gladiators yo!

Meant to reply here

Name O N E (one / un / uno / odin / 1 ) thing this suit did better than the Affleck suit, the Begins suit, the 1989 suit, or West's suit.

Because it looks cool.

let him move his neck

>this GOAT design will never be seen again
Just end my suffering

>simplicity is cancer

I was going to jokingly tell you to kill yourself but you clearly have no fucking idea how design works, so instead, go read up on design.

Less is more. This is objective fact in everything. If you can deduce something to a simple but striking and recognizable silhouette with distinct colors or a distinct pattern (Spider-Mans red and blue vs. Punishers skull) and have it be recognizable, you have a good design.

Overcomplicated shit is shit. Caps AoU / Civil War suits are overdesigned and suffer from it.

West and Affleck can move their necks fine faggot, try again, round 2 (two / dos)

One? How about not making him look like he bought a Batman Halloween costume.

>implying segmented overdesigned hockey pads are in any way better to solid colors with simple sleek elegance

Something about tims robin outfit just really works i cant put my finger on it

Reminds me too much of inverse Venom

I'd choose Batman halloween costume over bootleg action figure design anyday, senpai

muh nigga

Wrong Scarlet Spider, nigga

Both are cool, senpai.

No it doesn't simple bare minimum stuff does not look half as badass or as well realized or realistic in live action.
I would look like a cheap garage Halloween costume.

Then explain why Batfleck, Cavillman, Every Spider-Man EXCEPT FOR THE GRITTY TASM1 ONE, Black Panther, and Deadpool all look great.

Cant do it faggot. Overdesigned tacticool garbage is garbage, fuck off. These characters havent stood the test of time because they look like operators, they stood the test of time partially because they have instantly recognizable, simple, great designs.

Faggot.

>Then explain why Batfleck, Cavillman, Every Spider-Man EXCEPT FOR THE GRITTY TASM1 ONE, Black Panther, and Deadpool all look great.
All these designs are detailed and more designed then their comic counterparts.
And the TASM1 suit was phenomenal.

Um, Bull. Shit. The cowl is garbage which makes the head look weird, the logo is lost in the busy design, and it looks like someone spray painted motorcross gear. Keaton and Baffleck are the top 2

>And the TASM1 suit was phenomenal
Ignoring that this inherently makes your opinion worthless its a good suit but not remotely close to phenomenal and should only be an unlockable in video games

Thats not the point you fucking faggot, at all. You can rip the designs from comics to movie 1:1 and it'll look fine as long as you dont make it for cheap you dumb fucking cunt.

Spider-Mans costumes, every single one barring TASM1, was just his comic design with some added textures that are impractical to put on paper, but the overall costume is nigh identical in design and silhouette. The colors are in the same location, the theory of the costume is the same (skin tight acrobatic leotard).

Afflecks costume is just the Miller TDKR Batman without his trunks, nigh-fucking identical, the only changes being added gold to his knuckles and bat-fins. Thats it. And it looks GREAT.

Deadpool is identical to his comic version but not as skin tight, and it looks GREAT.

Shut your dumb fucking mouth you dont know what you're talking about.$