Does a libertarian government regulate food & drugs?

Does a libertarian government regulate food & drugs?

Why does the government need to regulate food and drugs?

Autism the post

To make sure they aren't poisonous and that you know what you're putting in your body.

You're trolling right? How can you be this stupid?

The regulation of drugs isn't working now, so why should the government waste money on it?

>a good idea has problems
>lets give up entirely

Are you even capable of thinking beyond black and white terms?

I'm really not.

So you bootlickers are too stupid to buy non-toxic food? Is that what you're telling me?

Two markets. One unregulated - cheap and risky - another regulated. Tack on the governmental cost of regulation directly on to the drugs. Allow private insurance companies to do what they already do.

But still ignore the potholes because that's a goddamn unsolvable conundrum.

this is now an ancap meme thread

If the idea isn't working, it's obviously not good. Not to mention that the FDA barrs perfectly good drugs that are freely sold across the world because of they dont meet their ridiculous standards that only big pharmaceutical companies can meet.

Liberals are truly retarded

>boot lickers

You don't know what that word even means.

Then you change the program, you don't get rid of it entirely. Not regulating food and drugs is seriously pants on head retarded. That is third world shithole thinking.

Just eat your own food

If someone is selling poisonous food then it can be proven to be reckless endangerment or manslaughter or negligent homicide in a court of law. No regulation needed you cuck

You're on here defending paying the government to hold your hand for you, I think you're the one who doesn't know what it means.

Private safety companies exist and actually do their jobs in determining the safety of food and drugs. Goverment regulation companies have acieved nothing aside from preventing actual life saving drugs from being accessible in the US

Lmao an-cap retards will never cease to amaze me. You want everyone to grow all of their own food?

Guess what retard, you might not know why you're getting sick, why you got cancer or why your body is gradually getting less healthy. It's not like you eat food and instantly know it's toxic.

The government is supposed to perform services at the demands of the people for their collective benefit. You know, like roads and making sure that your food isn't killing you.

>The government is supposed to perform services at the demands of the people for their collective benefit.

It's pretty convenient for them that they have bootlickers like you who don't have the mental capacity to fathom alternative ways to obtain the same services. Especially considering one of those "services" is education.

Of course since intelligence and income are positively correlated I'm guessing you don't really care since other people are paying for them.

>Goverment regulation companies have acieved nothing aside from preventing actual life saving drugs from being accessible in the US

There is no reasoning with you people. It's insanely outrageous and ignorant claim after claim without any shame. Do you honestly believe that the only thing effect the FDA has had is making certain drugs inaccessible? You're beyond saving.

>Does a libertarian government regulate food & drugs?

No.

The
>hurr durr muh poisons
argument is absolute horseshit and everyone knows it.

If your product is filled with arsenic or some shit and you kill someone you can be held liable in court. There is no reason you need a massive bureaucracy to micromanage what you're
>allowed
to sell and set up completely arbitrary standards that you have to meet or else.

Plus
>what are underwriters

>put a for profit company in charge of food and drug regulation
>doesn't expect the food and drug giants to just bribe them

You're setting it up to be more easily corrupted.

>regulate
Fucking bootlicker scum

I'm done wasting my time, enjoy wishing for unregulated food and drugs and not understanding the consequences.

>for-profit companies can be bribed to lie
>but the government is a bastion of honesty and integrity

Why can't you just admit that the only reason you think the government must perform these services is because you're intellectually lazy?

>le everyone who disagrees with me is just a big dumb stupid idiot maymay

There will be industry associations that rate them. Do you think they will have an incentive to make their customers sick?

And so you have no argument. Good to know

The irony is that there's nothing more intellectually lazy than dismissing everyone who disagrees with you out of hand

>he says for profit regulation might be more at risk for bribes
>You say he's a stupid head
>he has no argument

Apollogies, misread part of your previous post. The govt is also at risk for corruption, but at least it's publicly accountable. Perhaps you could say so are for profit ones due to their depenence on the market