Reviving Man of Murder Shitposting

So I re-watched Man of Steel.
My problem isn't Man of Murder, it isn't the mashed city, it isn't the Jesus allegories, it isn't "Stop invincible son" or "Maybe".
It's how the fuck was Jor-El ever friends with Zod?
He's a completely irredeemable remorseless bastard.

I don't get the sense that
>Every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people.
He doesn't even hesitate to wipe out the Earth when he arrives.
>"Hey Superman I'm gonna bury you in skulls and I killed your dad."

It's weird that Jor-El was friends with who was apparently a Kryptonian Supremacist. Unless maybe Jor-El is a horrible person too. He tells his son to go save the humans so I don't think so.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N5bB96Mwidc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>It's weird that Jor-El was friends with who was apparently a Kryptonian Supremacist
They both really had Krypton's best in mind. Unfortunately, Jor-El thought that meant passing the torch and Zod thought it meant life support/destroying any native hostiles despite the planet going down around them.

Frankly, I'm the opposite of you. I take issue with virtually everything you said except Zod. Zod was top fucking tier antagonist, I just lament all the other things and the fact that Zod's inclusion in Supes' introduction to Earth ruins any potential for EVER being the symbol of hope he's supposed to be.
>muh symbol of-
Yeah fuck you, there's enough goddamn darkness in this world. Superman's supposed to be a light in that darkness. MoS wasn't.

The movie showed that Krypton would casually terra-form all the planets the Scout-Ships were send to. They didn't gave a single fuck about alien life.

What brought Jor and Zod together was that they were free-thinkers/radicals that could see the problems of their society despite loving their planet so much.
Zod, of course, thought that best way for everyone would be for him to rule things.
Jor, of course, thought that there's was nothing more worth saving but his child. The very culture had become pure poison.

Happy?

In Grant Morrison's Action Comics run Superman existence and presence on Earth created and brought all the villains he faced.

Superman's always a magnet for trouble. Man of Steel didn't start that shit.

Lex would just be a rich asshole without Superman, Bizarro wouldn't be created or brought to the planet, Brainiac would pass by us without Superman, Warworld would have no beef against Earth and so on.

I like Michael Shannon's performance, I take issue with the material he's given.
I feel like the problem with Superman in MoS is the same problem with Aang in Shayamalan's The Last Airbender.

Wait- did Krypton make a habit out of wiping out alien life to colonize worlds? Is this why their colonies collapsed?
I was under the impression that the Kryptonian power set was the reason the colonies collapsed. Bar fights would level entire cities. (Yeah that's not actually in the movie now that I watched it again.)
I would read a comic about an anarchist society of tribal Kryptonians.
>Happy?
No not really.

I feel like you have reading comprehension issues man.
You didn't actually respond to anything that the other guy said.

Yes, when Jor Ghost is explaining to Clark about Krypton he mentioned this fact. The Scout-Ship would be send to colonize new worlds and terra-form them, but they had to build over a foundation. Then you see ships coming down and smoke coming up.

Kryptonians were dicks.

I think in comics, people were celebrating the death of Krypton shortly after the fact.

>lets revive the shitposting
>thread is mostly calm discussion
>the insultst are milder than my grandma's asshole
wew lad Sup Forums you guys really can't fulfill the op no matter what it asks

Here's the video:

youtube.com/watch?v=N5bB96Mwidc

Jor-El Ghost tells him casually that eons ago Krypton would colonize planets reshaping the environment to house them during their "expansion" era. That expansion bit there means take over. They even show tiny metallic soldiers raising flags to clue you in.

What stopped this shit was that population control was established back in Krypton, meaning that from this point forward any naturally birthed krypton probably wasn't seen with good eyes anymore back home. Thus the outposts were left to fend for themselves.

This is not a new idea. Pretty much all the great empires from our history went the same path. Seriously, every information about Krypton was shown in the movie and a lot of it comes from the Post-Crisis comics and our own history books.

Yes, they were. The Guardians were pretty much "eh" about the whole deal.

Daxam should show up in the future. It would be cool to see it.

The funny bit about the video is that Jor-El explains to Clark that the od's attempted coup was a GOOD THING that unfortunately failed and was little too late.

Both Zod and Jor thought that the Science Council was a hindrance. The only problem Jor had with Zod was that Zod wanted to keep the population control the way he saw fit and, you know, the whole no sex bit and natural birthed baby bit. That was it. If Zod had given up on the Codex Jor would probably high-five him and help him take over the planet.

>Everyone including his two Dads are telling Clark not to save the world
>He fights to save the world anyway
I guess this version of Clark could be worse.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, MoS Zod was an evil android in everything but physiology (and even then with the armor aesthetic for much of the movie I gotta wonder). In some ways he was the Ultron we deserved.

You really shouldn't use New 52 Superman as a defense of anything when even DC has gone "Okay yeah we fucked that up. That's done. He wasn't actually Superman. We're cool now, right?"

To extrapolate a bit further...

If Jor-El had helped Dru-Zod take over the Science Council and then devised a plan together with him to take with them the highest number of kryptonians they could and so that they could settle here on Earth, then once upon finally arriving Dru-Zod would terra-form the fuck out of us and birth only the kryptonian lines he thought deserved using the Matrix. So in a couple thousand of hundreds of years once they had strip-mined the planet Earth of all its resources they'd see themselves in the same crisis.

That's what Jor-El was against. He thought that the whole Kryptonian culture and way of thinking was wrong and toxic. Specially the population control bit. That's why Jor-El was almost glad that Krypton and any Kryptonian other than his son was going to die.

See how much of a dick Jor-El was? He was glad that his people and, specially, his culture, died with him.

Jor-El just really wanted to have get his dick wet. So the fact that Zod was against sex made him go against his best friend.

Man of Steel, at its heart, is about people who want to bone and sexless virgins that want people to remain sexless. That's why you all those imagery with dicks, balls, pussies and so on everyone.

Heck, Superman and Lois bit in the movie is all about this. Superman and Lois want to fuck each other so much that they'll do anything to accomplish that.

I feel like the story details left to fill in are better and more interesting than the story details actually in the movie.

Yeah, but everything you need to understand the movie is there. Jor-El just went against Dru-Zod because of his desire to secure the Matrix and hold the line on which lines could be birth artificially. And, of course, because of Kal-El existence, which Dru Zod thought of as an abomination.

This interpretation is perfect.
>everything you need is there
I suppose that's true. But theres all this other shit that I don't need that gets in the way.

But theres all this other shit that I don't need that gets in the way.

Yeah, that's definitely true also.

The only thing that i find weird about Krypton in the movie and that was left unexplained was that there were couples. Lara was Jor-El's wife and even had his surname, which this being accepted by everyone else. So you know couples existed. So why, i ask, since babies were birthed artificially.