Scouting

How many people on Sup Forums are eagle scouts?

How did it affect you?

Do you think scouting is important for a country?

>Do you think scouting is important for a country?
Ofc it is. It's like Military Service for kids, except you get raped.

>get Eagle badge
>join military
>instantly promoted to corporal

Star scout here. BSA has become daycare for autistic faggots. Philmont and other high adventure camps are still cool though.

It will help you get into college but that's about it. I'd rather just do volunteer work somewhere else and not get eye fucked by some horny old man twice a week.

I got to life scoit then I figured out playing football and banging whores was more fun.

I got mad respect for eagles. I even helped my buddy build benches for his eagle project.

but nah, capture the flag got old. I do wish I still had my bsa book though. that thing was fucking priceless

gay

I was a boy scout until my scout master offered to suck my dick.

True story.

Eagle here. I didnt know about the rape stigma until i was like 17 and it made me laugh because its so stupid. Theres only been like one reported case in the last 10 years.

But anyway, its totally worth it. It teaches you to respect your elders, how to work in a unit, how to be disciplined, and leadership. Not to mention stuff like first aid, roping, surviving with nothing but duct tape, and a ton of other shit. Just mentioning to an employer your an eagle scout gets you massive cred, and it helps a shit ton getting into college.

It was basically just a club where you hang out with your bros and learn a bunch of cool and useful shit, totally worth it

I am, it's a very good way to develop skills at a young age. I joined the navy and would have gotten an instant E4 promotion, but I already got an instant E4 promotion for my rating instead.

I'm an eagle scout, my only regret is that I wished I joined sea or venturing scouts earlier. Those are much more fun for older scouts since it gets boring teach you get scouts the same shit over and over again.

>surviving with nothing but duct tape

Literally the most versatile and easily usable product ever created. Are the scouts even trying anymore?

I made it to life scout but pussied out and was too lazy to get Eagle.

Wound up joining the Navy as an officer so it wouldn't have helped, but it still would have been nice.

I think it's good, but mothers get way too involved. It's supposed to be a boys thing, where they bond with father figures and learn to be self-sufficient men. Women ruin it.

I got the fuck out of Eagle, shit was pretty great. It didn't really do too much for me, since I already had good grades, ap calsses, high test scores, and I wasn't going into the military, so I didn't get much "benefit" from it as people see it. But I had a great fucking time in scouts.

>It teaches you to respect your elders, how to work in a unit, how to be disciplined, and leadership.

Yeah, I don't know what kind of faggot troop you were in, but we mostly just learned how good a time it was to light fires and cook over them. I don't recall anything about respecting elders at the very least.

>not being in the hitler youth

Went through Cub Scout and a Webelos... Started Boy Scouts but they were all gay so I quit.

>tfw they're unironically trying to force the BSA to allow girls to join

Not going to lie, girl scouts are a fucking joke, so it's no surprise that girls want in on boy scouts.

I've read about this. Why can't the girl scouts just put down the arts and crafts and reform their own organization.

Also, think of all the pubescent sexy times that would be happening in the tents on campouts.
>12-13 year olds with braces having sexy time with acne and period smells all over the place.

I had gotten to Life when I turned 18.
Delays and a small group of adult participants cost me my Eagle.
I had helped four other guys get their Eagle projects done.
After everything, it's just a program to get younger guys up and doing things, which is fantastic, but the badges and requirements make it more of a chore than it should be.

>how good a time it was to light fires and cook over them

We did that every weekend you dumb nigger. Our troop had like 75% eagle scout graduation rate, so we actually learned how to be men.
Camping is literally the most basic shit when it comes to scouting

Extremely faggoty uniforms. Everybody cringes when they see the local club pass by.

I'll agree on the uniforms. Our troop was pretty laid back about it though. We had tshirts made with our troop number on it. Those tshirts along with the standard green pants and a pair of boots took a little of the edge off.