Alien

you think we'll get another alien movie that doesn't portray humans as absolute retards?

No. Movies can't really handle more than one completely fantastical element.

>Sending incompetent gay mercs into space instead of 6ft underground

>nobody wears helmets just incase there's biological threats (by chance, the spores)

>spores are created inexplicably from black goo

>one guy has an alium in his spinal cord, the other one in his stomach (?), no real consistency

>One of the characters is supposed to be a faithful, religious man, yet there's nothing to lead us to believe this beyond the few bible quotes he tosses around

>yea bro, look into the egg, its fine lmao

>Two people die from slipping on blood

>David somehow kills a newer, better model of android

>David somehow inexplicably sneaks another fully grown alien onto the ship

>David wants to destroy humans, despite humans making all the things like art, music, philosophy etc, that he clearly holds dear

This movie was a fucking shitshow, held together by the seams of Fassbenders performance and Kurzel's score. Someone needs to stop Scott.

>you think we'll get another alien movie that doesn't portray humans as absolute retards?
It would be a short film, so no.

I watched covenant recently and was a little disgruntled to see that it hit most of the same beats as AVP:R, a terrible dogshit movie reviled by everyone. I guess the cerebral veneer and Ridley Scott seal of approval mean more to people than the content. "Canon" and "non-canon" media has been a blight to creative entertainment.

I loved the collateral damage in this

>xeno grappling with a guy
>shoot xeno in the head
>acid blood melts his face off

DELET THIS

Prometheus literally was my biggest movie letdown ever, I had such high expectations for it, but the trailers were incredibly misleading.

Covenant was't a better movie by any stretch, but it wasn't equally disappointing because I didn't have high expectations in the first place.

Alien 1 wasn't short

>one guy has an alium in his spinal cord, the other one in his stomach (?), no real consistency
Didn't one go in one guy's ear, and the other one in the other guy's nose?
Brain-stem/spine and lungs would make sense, then.
As much as any of it does.

I think this movie wouldn't have been such a letdown for me if it was named just Prometheus 2 or something like that. I expected Alien dammit, not a fucking sequel to a mediocre movie that is prometheus. I guess it's my fault for believing it would be something more like Alien or Aliens.

why can't I see anything in this ?

They were both disappointing. Trying to fix things by adding aliens to Covenant... lack of aliens was never Prometheus problem. I agree, Prometheus let me down bigtime, I had zero expectations for Covenant. Writing a good script must be difficult.

>David steps onto the ship for first time
>thirty minutes later
>M.U.T.H.R. is accepting his security codes

>doesnt understand David is also Weyland Yutani property

Is the prometheus trilogy turning out to be the ultimate brainlet filter?

Meh, should've been more restricted.

>David somehow inexplicably sneaks another fully grown alien onto the ship
i think it was the 3 second facehugger raping el chingon maricon

yeah it's not any better of an explanation but still

district 9

So did they have an explanation as to why they couldn't fly to part of the planet that wasn't in the hurricane?

humans being retarded is the most realistic part of this movie desu

>The christcuck captain witnesses David practically shaking hands with the albino ayy
>still follows David into a creepy dungeon
>"is this [obvious egg] safe"
>"yes"
*sticks head in egg*

>prometheus trilogy

You poor fool. You haven't heard yet.

Hexilogy

You're living proof of it.

>colonization mission
>they for some reason have a shitload of weapons with them

>all those citizens will be upstanding and no criminals will exist
You can't be that dense

they were all handpicked for the colonization and most of them are fetuses

don't need full auto rifles to make sure citizens stand in line

How about Alien Advent? What is it about?

So if David create facehuggers, why are they on the crashed Engineer ship?

;)

>don't need full auto rifles to make sure citizens stand in line
Eh, in that case please explain reality away.

I can actually see Ridley Scott doing this kind of shit when asked about this by the writers and producers.

Because the local fauna of an unknown planet can shit people up?
Try to land in the middle of the savanna without weapons and see how you fare.

I think this movie is fucking great and you are plebs that cry for everything. Grow up kids.
This movie is dedicated to true artists, fuck off OP.