Reporter Mike Strickland thrown in jail for pulling conceal carry on BLM

youtube.com/watch?v=nvpewGauNcc

Mike Strickland, a conservative blogger who was covering a BLM event in Oregon pulled a gun on what appeared to be some Black Panthers/BLM protestors trying to surround him. Now he's in jail with a bail set at 250,000 and 3 charges against him.

I'm unaware of conceal carry laws in Oregon, judging by the fact its oregon I'd assume they don't exist or are very strict. But desu, he handled it pretty well. Most people on here would probably go full Moonman, he simply pulled out his gun, said back off, and holstered it a few moments later. No one got hurt and he left. Pretty much the most ideal (in a legal sense) way of using your carry.

What do you think, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GjjhwQKcxVc
youtu.be/4raxGAg4fOg
kgw.com/news/crime/man-with-gun-at-portland-protest-charged-with-2-felonies/267984309
oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2016/07/portland_colleges_ban_man_char.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

technically he fucked up by drawing and not shooting. That's brandishing etc and its on camera so he's fucked.

I don't necessarily blame him for not wanting to get stomped to death, but he was asking for this.

BLACKED
L
A
C
K
E
D

When will Ameripoos wake up?

That's a stupid. What would the law rather him do? Open fire?

betas should not own guns
they are too emotional

ccw license holder here. You don't draw unless you're going to fire because your life is under threat.

waving your gun around, like he did, is criminal. It is also very effective. Zimzam didn't pull his gun until he was beaten half dead by Trayvon. He never brandished.

This falls under "you have to take your ass whupping." If some one is just going to kick your ass, then you're stuck with it. When your life is threatened, then you draw and shoot.
Fucked up, but that's the law.

His biggest lapse in judgement was thinking that the Cops and the Courts still allow white males to defend themselves.

The law is only there to make sure your Central Banker Masters have a steady supply of cheap labor. Defending yourself from niggers or other non whites could risk a domino effect where other whites start to stand up. Eventually they will want all white societies too.

The Central Bankers can't have that so they order their Cops and Courts to go as hard as they can on whites without waking other whites up.

he had 5 magazines of ammo plus a full round in his gun
WTF?

typical white boi gettin scared like a lil bitch nigga smdh

>a full round in his gun

is there such a thing of an half a round you dumb motherfucker ?

according to the video

>a black panther said "take out their guns and use them"

could that be what influenced strickland to draw () his gun?

it's not entirely clear to me whether he was talking about this event or the event a year ago when strickland's arm was broken

SOME ONE START A LEGAL DEFENSE FUND NOW

Typical Glock Fag.
Hey look, I got a GLOCK!

>This falls under "you have to take your ass whupping."

No. This falls under 'he should've started shooting immediately.' Too many videos have surfaced showing these niggers and race traitors attacking anybody who won't kowtow.

if you pull your gun, unless they find a dead nigger with a pistol in his hand, you're going to jail. If you foolishly admit that you brandished without a deadly threat, or someone gets it on tape, then you don't even have a chance in court.
He was asking for this, going to 'document' that rally like he did.
round in his gun is fine, 5 mags is ridic tho. If you're that fucking scared, you shouldn't be going wherever you're going. He'll be found guilty on all charges.

another video longer one and not edited by alex jones
the guy pussed out
youtu.be/GjjhwQKcxVc

>ccw license holder here
In what state?

That sure as fuck is not the law everywhere.

shut up monkey
don't talk that way to the white man

Generally it is.

I've got 3 licenses and go fuck yourself leaf look it up for whatever state you want. I'm not your bitch.

in florida, you draw when you're ready to shoot, not wave it in peoples faces,otherwise you are acting like a nigger which is illegal

This user is spot on.

youtu.be/4raxGAg4fOg

another longer video 8:30

He shouldn't have pulled it unless he had to shoot it, he had plenty of room to retreat and should have attempted that first.

Really dumb, what would have happend to him had the police saw him doing that? Prolly kill

99% of cases don't involve actually pulling the trigger. He's currently in jail, but I guarantee he's let off with no charges.

My state is fucking terrible when it comes to guns, and yet the law still states that no one even needs to lay a hand on you. If there's more of them than there are of you, or if the one threatening you is notably more physically capable (pretty sure this was put in so that some 5'2" woman doesn't need to wait for a struggle to start in order to deal with a 6'1" would be rapist), you can open fire as long as you feel like you were in danger of being killed or receiving grievous bodily harm.

Basically, if half a dozen niggers surround you, you can blast all six of them before they even do anything as long as you can say that you feared for your safety.

>gets charged because he didn't kill anyone

ok

No, he's not.

Don't give me this shit about "generally", or "in Florida", or "I've got licenses in 3 states".

It's one thing to say, "Don't draw unless the situation would warrant shooting if it doesn't improve when you draw." and something else entirely to say, "Don't draw unless you're going to shoot absolutely without regard to the response you get when you do draw."

One is perfectly reasonable, sound policy, the other is insane and unlikely to be law anywhere.

>he had plenty of room to retreat and should have attempted that first.

'He should have run like a bitch.'

FUCK YOU NIGGER APOLOGIST SCUM FUCK

FUCK YOU

He should've started shooting as soon as he pulled.

>He shouldn't have pulled it unless he had to shoot it, he had plenty of room to retreat and should have attempted that first.

So you should flee feral niggers and commies threatening you?

Doesn't the US have stand your ground laws?

I can't help it if florida is the best state in the world, but the law is pretty clear here on brandishing and self-defense.

>le "just retreat bro" maymay

American Law

He didn't open fire though, he brought it out and pointed it at them, which is brandishing and not self defense.

I'm from Texas and you can shoot someone for stealing your car stereo(you'll still get sued by the family-seen it happen) but brandishing and threatening someone with a gun? st8 to jail for that.

I'm going to need more than some random idiot on the internet's word to believe that drawing your gun to defend yourself against a clear and present danger becomes a crime if your attackers respond to the sight of the drawn weapon by fleeing or surrendering and you don't shoot them in the back or on their knees.

in this case though an "unrelated" group tried inciting violence at the blm protest. when can we consider the black panthers and blm terrorist organizations and put an end to them?

>demonstrating the ability to defend yourself isn't self-defense
Jewish law hard at work. This country is fucked.

You don't pull a gun unless youre ready to pull the trigger. What a dumbass. Now he'll be a felon and never be able to even have a firearm in his home again.

There's no brandishing laws here unless you're pulling your gun on a cop/firefighter/paramedic.
You can get nabbed for other shit if you're just waving your gun around, but brandishing in itself isn't a thing here, so it's legal to draw the gun as a deterrent and not fire because stating your intent and ability to defend yourself is not a crime.

Hmm. Gonna have to agree with Canada on this one. Although it might be likely I still want to see sources.

yeah because niggers arent shooting each other from moving cars like bitch niggas pretending their "gangsta nigga" fuck outta here nigger.

>muh guns
>can't even use them without getting thrown in jail

so much freedom

law regarding drawing your firearm is similarly cucked here in MN. you pretty much need to take a bullet before being legally defensible.

you're going to jail anyway, may as well shoot the nigger.

>in this case though an "unrelated" group tried inciting violence at the blm protest. when can we consider the black panthers and blm terrorist organizations and put an end to them?
when Trump gets elected.
>Jewish law hard at work. This country is fucked.
This is the long and the short of it. The laws aren't fair or applied equally.
>What a dumbass. Now he'll be a felon and never be able to even have a firearm in his home again.
that's exactly what I thought when I first saw this. He went in there all brave because he had a gun and got called out.
>so much freedom
freedom is just a meme. Yes, if you try and exercise your "freedom" you lose your job or go to jail, or get sued into bankruptcy.

jesus christ this country is fucked

its supposed to be a deterrent so no one has to get hurt

ITT: people who don't know how gun laws work vs. actual gun owners

You are only allowed to make use of your gun if you feel your life is in danger. Either use with intent to kill or fuck off.

The biggest mistake people make is thinking that "warning shots" are a thing. No, fuck you. Shoot or fuck off.

To follow up I started researching it myself and I don't see many anti-brandishing laws against stopping a threat to one's person.

I'm not entirely sure this, "Don't brandish," shit isn't spread word-of-mouth just as a scare tactic. There is mention of a duty to retreat and reasonable force and it seems this reporter met both of those conditions to warrant drawing.

So wait, are roof koreans illegal?
They're essentially just pointing weapons at people and only shoot if they come close enough.

Oregon is a shit fucking state

that's fucking stupid though.

we all saw the video, the people chasing after him fucked right off after he took out his piece.

Your laws are fucking stupid.

Honestly, after researching it I doubt he'll be charged with anything. Maybe disturbing the peace if they really want to try something vague.

But honestly he should have his gun(s) taken away if he's going to take it out and wave it around like that without a real imminent threat
That was full pussy mode

A fine and probation but jail time seems a bit much
I'm assuming they'll offer him some type of deal

No, the law is not stupid.

It's extremely common for idiots to wave around guns and accidentally shoot a bystander, or kill someone and the shooter claims he "just meant to fire a warning shot". These laws exist for a reason.

>no imminent threat
What?

>he had plenty of room to retreat and
he turns around and gets hit in the back of the head, killing him, because if there's one thing hoodlums like to do it's attack an easy target
they tried to surround him in a group, that says everything

if you're using a gun for self defense, i'd say if you managed to defend yourself without firing a shot you've used it well.

They'll drop charges once they see how he behaves in the video.

Hindsight 20/20? He should have put his hand on his weapon while still holstered to get the point across.

I live in a glorious stand your ground state. In fact, we have statutes in place in Georgia to allow you to show your firearm to stop a forcible felony in progress or for when you fear for your life. Georgia also doesn't allow civil suits if you shoot and injure or kill someone and its deemed legal.

This.

Nothing is going to happen to him. They'll offer a plea deal. He'll either take it or not. If he does it's a misdemeanor at best since "improper exhibition" of a firearm is a wobbler charge. If he doesn't want it they'll probably opt not to pursue since he met all the conditions necessary for the use of the firearm.

If the law actually works like this it is pants on head retatded. Hopefully the judge sees this. You do not want the law to ever encourage shooting. Even if you do want the law to stop people from playing tough guy and pulling when they shouldnt.

he may never be able to get a CCW ever again because of this

So what should he have done? Should he have yelled "I have a gun" or pull up his shirt to reveal the gun on his person?

I'd have to read more into it to make a decision on it but he sounds like another tard who would thinks shooting someone in the foot or shin is the way to go, going over his head that you only pull your weapon with the intention to kill in the first place.

I won't budge at all when it comes to our second amendment but I really wish we had free safety courses or something all over the place and encouraged people much more to take them. For a country where owning a firearm is a basic right, we have way too many retards.

unless he wanted to go to jail, yes. He shoulda have turned and run.

The shit happens anyway, so why bother? I would brandish a weapon so I wouldn't have to be killed by a nigger mob. He could have gotten beaten to death by the BLM, a person can be knocked out or their weapon taken away, but then again asshats would say "i wudda shot em..duuuuurrrr"
anyway,
white people are fucking donzo kek.

in a non-war time situation, if you want to avoid jail, yes.

If it's a felony charge? Maybe. Sleight maybe. Better than being gang raped by niggers, either way. But, more than likely, the DA will opt to plea deal it down to a misdemeanor (since like I said it's a wobbler charge) and he can have it expunged later. Or he can fight it and have the evidence on his side and most likely win.

I'm not sure what the laws were at the time, but there's a difference between open carry rifles and conceal and carry handguns.

Plus, the riots were coming their way. This dude went TO the riot.

No. He shouldn't have. I just looked and Oregon has a castle doctrine/stand your ground law. He didn't legally have an obligation to retreat before using his weapon.

Left as quickly as possible if the state doesn't have Stand your Ground laws
But if they attack you when you are fleeing and make you unable to flee, that's when he would've been good to shoot, even in most antigun states

Some places do, a lot of places also abide by "a duty to retreat". You can not pull your weapon unless you've exhausted all other means of situational avoidance. If you are forced to pull your gun it is for one reason, to shoot it, shooting to kill not to maim.

niggers can run, any white guy trying to flee them has zero chance of making it.

He's a blogger. It's his job to be there to cover those things.

see

I agree with you whole heartedly, unfortunately that's not how the law treats it...

no. they are pack animals and would have gone for the kill

>What would the law rather him do? Open fire?

That is the purpose of CCW. When it's time to draw, it's time to fire. Firearms aren't for scaring people; they are for protecting your safety.

Drawing was the right response, even if the law says he was wrong. Stating you have a gun or showing it in its holster can work, but it can also incentivize your would be attackers. It's not out, and it'll take precious seconds for it to be out, and those are seconds they can use to put you on your face.

Maybe if you live in some shithole communist state that's only pretending to be part of America.
My state has awful duty to retreat laws, but even then all you have to say is that you thought they'd chase you.

Only if he's charged and actually deemed guilty by a jury of his peers.

And this is extremely unlikely to happen unless you live in Commiefornia or Jew York.

It is though. You're just trying to stir up liberal hatred and/or scare tactics. It's necessarily good practice not to brandish until you absolutely have to. Which is what this guy did.

>blogger
>job
whatever you say dude

I agree, but you have to OPERATE within the confines of the law.

Doesn't matter how you "feel" about it. It's what he does so he has reason to be there. Facts stand despite your emotional immaturity about them.

if running puts his life in danger then what's the problem. u think nig nogs just going to let him leave?

By this measure, cops are constantly brandishing.

I was arrested 4 years ago for a public intox and the officer was drawing his gun as I turned around when I realized someone was yelling at me.

How long until we get tactical strategy guides on dealing with mobs of blacks within the framework of the law?

It would be funny if it went into heavy usage with reporters and others who are forced to immerse themselves in the diversity.
>you're going to cover Baltimore riots right? here, take this. don't tell anyone you got it from me
>"Dindu Crowd Control & Riot Manual"

He did. Drawing the weapon in a self-defense situation but not firing because the aggressors left isn't illegal.

I had a friend who was jumped by a black guy when him and his girlfriend were out drinking. My friend beat the living shit out of him, and broke the guys rib.
My friend ended getting arrested and they let the nigger go, then the nig tried to press charges.

So why don't police ever get arrested for 'brandishing' a firearm?

Then he should have fired. The only time you take your gun out is to kill, not to detour or to maim

see

There's nothing illegal in his actions.

He was charged with 2 felony counts of unlawful use of a weapon and banned from Portland State and Portland Community college campuses.

Dudes toast. I hope his blogger job pays really well because nobody will hire him once he's a felon
>and a nogunz forever
kek

kgw.com/news/crime/man-with-gun-at-portland-protest-charged-with-2-felonies/267984309

oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2016/07/portland_colleges_ban_man_char.html

If you need to pull your gun out it is for one reason, to end the life of your assailant.

and u are the kind of person that would let a gang beat the shit out of you. u are what we call a pussy. now make the world a better place and go hang yourself.

isn't that the point of guns? a deterant? we don't have nukes because we use them but if people know we have them less likely to fuck with us.

Typical low IQ nigger defending a group of animals ganging up on one person. You niggers only win fights when you pick on someone smaller than you, gang up on people, or suckerpunch. Bunch of fucking pussy faggots.

see

No one here has demonstrated in any way shape or form what he did was illegal.

>being arrested is the same as being guilty
Liberal detected.

Apparently it is, he's getting charged. Welcome to the left coast broski.

Looks like Oregon is just as cucked as Minnesota is.

>nevar 4get the /k/ommandos who dindu nuffin but still got shafted anyway