Why everyone was so happy in 90s?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_1990s_recession
youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
youtube.com/watch?v=MZ4kXq3N0Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=d5XJ2GiR6Bo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they knew the PS2 was around the corner

Because the economy was fucking awesome.

Because we had President Bill Clinton in charge

MSM didn't have as much power to spread their narratives.

This.

Everyone had extra cash, the pc culture wasn't full tilt.

Fuck yeah.

Social media wasn't invented yet

90s were terrible.

4 you.

Yes.

WE HAVE THIS THREAD EVERY WEEK STOP REPLYING TO THEM

Awesome tech, little to no global terror problems, fun pastimes (which included playing outside with other kids and not too much video games) not being worried about negros and getting shot (fellow chifags will know that feeling) and young kids not seeing racial boundaries

this. early to mid 00's were the golden years of western civilization.

For Russians, yes.

no

because there was no internet or its access was very limited

>no social justice bullshit, the abnormal people had no means of contacting each other
>no normie pandering, normies looked at computers as "nerd" uncool things
>no jewbook shoved down out throats
>videogames had to actually put effort in single mode, story, gameplay and innovation in AI. today they just make 5 empty maps and open a server and let retarded children roam around it endlessly. also dlc

People were relatively well off in a stable economy. pop culture was a thing. No constant threat of mudslimes.

There isn't a single nigger in that photo

You put modern gaming well.

He was right all along

For most people. Economy went to shit worldwide.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_1990s_recession

Simple life. Less over saturation of media. No camera phones. Internet was basic. People were more comfortable out in public. Feeling that the future was bright. Kids still seemed like kids, not rude little fucking shits.

Despite what people try and claim, political correctness was not a thing in the 90s at all. It was perfectly acceptable to be openly anti-gay, anti-tranny etc.

Video games were better and more memorable too.

>Why everyone was so happy in 90s?

Why was everyone so happy in the 10s?

CAUSE BILL CLINTON WAS PRESIDENT.

For Americans, it was the years before left-wing political activism really took off.

One thing you'll note with American left-wingers: they are eternally angry about everything all the time. They literally aren't happy if they don't have something to bitch about (which they usually do in unproductive, incoherent fashion).

Feminism = shitty people acting shitty to everyone and accomplishing nothing.
BLM = shitty people acting shitty to everyone and accomplishing nothing.
Climate change doomcallers = shitty people acting shitty to everyone and accomplishing nothing.

Every left-wing activist trend is like this.

And that all really got started around 2002.

Not coincidentally, that was when George Soros entered the scene and started funding groups like MoveOn and DailyKos, who were (drumroll!) shitty people who act shitty to everyone and accomplish nothing.

Everything was better before the left-wing turned to activism.

Underrated post

forced smiles

repetitive is repetitive, and boring
this is why Sup Forums turned to shit

No internet, basically nobody had any fucking idea what was going on.

Ignorance is bliss.

this shit again?

Then he gets it home and he plays a load of DLC-dependent boring old shit. Back in the 90s we have Duke3D etc.

this

this is probably the only reason
not as many subhumans as in today's western civilisation

No black presidents. No female presidents. Nobody knew or cared about Islam. No web 2.0 and no blacks or women on the internet.

that picture was taken in a homogeneous society...op the answer is niggers, spics, chinks and poos all of these people influxed here exponentially in the 90s and early 00s causing us to be 60% and society to turn to shit

Screen capturing this post!
This is exactly why the 90's were so much better than evertthing there after.

KEK SAYS ONLY 90's KIDS WILL REMEMEBR BEST DURATION. BRING CLINTON BACK

e

-post Cold War high
-post Gulf War high
-tech boom
-terrorism was rare not a daily concern
-many hobbies growing but were still dominated by enthusiasts
-a great new secret club called the internet

It was an interesting period where there was so much new technology and new systems for people to enjoy, but before these were integrated and monetized and maximized for efficiency. There was a lot of experimentation. There was a sense that things were getting better.

quints cannot lie
quints pointing to dubs must surely be truth

Nirvana and Pearl Jam and n64 Goldeneye and less degenerate women and a responsible GOP congress that balanced the federal budget leading to an economic boom.

It was a slightly more shitty version of the 80s but now the 2000s 2010s we are completely fucked and never going back

No wars?

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA

Oh god not this fucking thread AGAIN

>You will never play vanilla wow again in 2004 for the frist time

The vast majority of us lived nigger free lives

modern benefits without having to wander through the result of opened floodgates

I think this goes in cycles - first cities were lost, then malls were lost. The trend is downwards though.

I partially think its a bit different because camcorders were uncommon and sort of pricy back then, where as now everyone and their mother has an iphone

probably because that's the point when the average person's income peaked.

Because 9/11 hadn't happened yet

I grew up in a suburb of San Diego CA. From about 96-03 there was a major change due to an influx of Mexicans. Before the mid-90s it was a nice normal middle class white suburbia. Then it transitioned and by the early 2000s I went to an auto parts store and they needed to pull a guy out of the back who spoke English.

Windows 95 was the shit.

Because the millennials wasn't old enough to bitch about every single thing

Why does this thread keep getting posted?

Cold war was over
Economy was doing well
Technology was exciting
Internet was evolving
Culture was cheesy
SJWs didn't have access to the internet and culture yet

Everything felt optimistic. Then 9/11 happened. And then 2008 crash happened. And now everything is bleak and pessimistic.

because it NEEDS to be talk about

/thread

This pic is deeper than you think...

Windows 95

Barring heroin addicts that is. I've never met a drug user who was genuinely happy after the honeymoon phase.

Phone users should have to use a different internet than desktop users.
Thats all Im asking for.
Two internets, one for phonies, one for us

>pure nihilism: the decade

>happy

lol?

>the undead starter zone

Did anybody else just chill in one of the decrepit empty houses listening to that comfy spooky music?

I wonder where that cash came from

Oh right Billy stole it from Russia

This, 80s were better.

90s was only good for babbies who draw 99% of their nostalgia from Saturday Cartoons. I would know I was one of them but the 80s was a far superior decade. 90s was the beginning of marxist trash seeping into early childhood development and programming and is responsible for modern millennials.

>needs to be talked about

>whatever NEEDS/should be talked about

subjective

why do you make this thread every month

t. synthwave kiddie

We're gonna have that 90s feel all over again pretty soon.

The 90s sucked. People weren't that happy, it was the most moody, emo and cynical decade in the modern era. The 80's was when people were happy.

youtube.com/watch?v=MZ4kXq3N0Lw

i discovered degeneracy through BBS's in the mid-90s. It took a minute to download a single high quality JPEG at 28,800bps over the phone, and that cost about 10 cents, but i was happy

Less niggers and muslim terrorist.

You mean, one for blacks, and one for non-blacks.

even the most depressing shit was uplifting in the 80s

youtube.com/watch?v=d5XJ2GiR6Bo

see 90s was, as he said, emo and cynical. it was fine for kiddies because we didn't know a better world but you don't have to go back far to see a truly high point in American history.

Britain was doing great too thanks to Thatcher. They didn't have the 50's like we did to look fondly upon because of austerity measures. The 80s were the best in Britian since the 1920s.

While I like a lot of grunge, it really was just some hardcore emo music. Gangsta rap, even the G-Funk stuff had a dark quality to it. Fashion used darker colors as a swing from the neon 80s. Even movies were more cynical that decade than the previous one.

Maybe only those who remember the 90s as their first decade see it as the happy decade. It wasn't.

>not posting 99 luftballoons

your not a synthwave kiddy who thinks the 80s is just kung fury i see.

Blah Blah Blah the 90's pasta.

>keep board distracted so they pose little or no threat to correcting the record.

Surprisingly effective.

I wasn't old enough to remember so I don't care.

the future seemed brighter, we thought that we were next to some sort of utopia, good times ahead, the truth being that the 90's were the good times and the future was garbage.

What happened?
Where did everything go wrong

Clintons and Democrats were based back then until they started to pander to black criminals and illegals in the late 2000s.

I'm an oldfag, so no. I grew up in the 80s. But I do love synthwave.

cause it was the 90s we were living in the pax Americana you kids will never understand anyone born after the 1990 could never understand

Knack was kinda cool desu.

Simple 4 button attack, roll, jump, special. But kinda challenging. Cool throwback. Definitely better than Shillzone Reloaded.

Happy Birthday Paulie

I was born in 88 and I remember in the 90s it literally felt like the end of the world in a lot of ways. No one wanted to look forward to a 21st century world, we all joked about Y2K but it reflected out sense of life as we know it ending and a scary tech filled future.

There was a huge environmentalist and economical spook looming which pushed societies towards more collectivist Marxist shit like the EU and federalizing ALL THE THINGS.

I sort of feel like we all expected the rapture on Jan 1 2000 and we were desperately trying to play good goy for the decade leading up to it. When it didn't happen every year post 9.11 was the CURRENT YEAR.

I think the western world is still waiting for it all to just end already.

i can respect that.

kek

The world started to go downhill in the 80's(late 70's in some countries)

50's-70's was the golden age.Simple people could achieve big things, people weren't wage slaves, a single husband could have supported an entire family with a few sacrifices, time for everything, a time when everything was fresh and new: streets, bridges, buildings, stadiums, no pollution, no minorities.

Maybe in fucking Serbia.

45-55 was pretty based but degeneracy and marxist rumblings started to take hold int eh late 50s with sexual emancipation and the (((Swinging 60s))). The 70s was mired in hyper-inflation and unemployment caused by the push towards manufacturing globalization and the drug-riddled Rock n Roll culture pulled over from the 60s.

The 80s was the conservative/traditional swing back to a better America with the twist of exciting new technologies and markets for white and made by white America. We were BTFO communist cucks left and right as their social experiments failed and went destitute. We were winning again and not apologizing for it.

The 90s were objectively worse than the 80s, but they were much better than anything in the 00s or recent times.

There is definitely the nostalgia effect that causes some bullshit claims about how great the 90s but it's important to remember that there are people alive today that don't remember a time when we weren't at war. College kids that voted for Obama in 2008 and graduated are well in to their 20s now and have never seen a good economy...so the 90s can certainly been seen as a period of optimism.

Because OP hadn't been born yet.

It's a data collection thread, notice how it's always posted by a different proxy