youtu.be/CTJlmlZWWHA
youtube.com/watch?v=3eRjPvKnOmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2-HE6PgrSkI
youtube.com/watch?v=blDjU-W95II
youtube.com/watch?v=gqocrvv26eo
youtube.com/watch?v=j5s44A8uIEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YPkueaDxBuc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wrong, it's universal soldier day of reckoning, spl2 a time for consequences, and john wick

Dredd is barely passable

Pacific Rim needs to be in there cunto

John Wick had CGI blood so no matter how good the rest of it is, it is automatically disqualified anyway for being a cheap POS.

>no Mad Max
Kys

Best action film of the last 7 years:
Fury Road

This.
It's Mad Max.
And I enjoyed all those movies the op listed.

>Fury Road
>John Wick
>everything else

>No Raid or Raid: Redemption

3/10 bait made me reply

>no fury road
get a load of cuck commando here

pacific rim is literally the worst movie i've ever seen

>chink movies

I like subhumans beating each other too but no.

what's the scene you keep going back to?

for me it's this one
youtu.be/CTJlmlZWWHA

h-hey...

Fury Road had good stuntwork but everything else from the story to the script to the acting to the CGI was utter dogshit.

Man from Nowhere
The Raid 2
Dredd

In fact swap Dredd with Drive

Fuck off contrarian

Post some examples of good story, writing, acting or CGI from Fury Road.

I'll wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=3eRjPvKnOmQ

One of the best fights recorded desu

At least it has blood you mongoloid. Also every movie uses cgi blood except le ebin tarantino unchained.

>i'm 16 years old

that movie was fucking garbage

fury road was mediocre, tom hardy barely had a part

i.e. it was a mad max movie with next to no mad max

No way brah, you post some bad examples with your assertion.

What is every Mad Max excluding the first, you rampant retard.
Max comes and goes, and these are the stories of those he became involved with.
Get raped by my enormous screw dick

y-you too

>Fury Road was medicore
The 90 on Metacritic, universal acclaim, and six academy awards say otherwise

>Mad Max
>John Wick
>John Wick 2

>No Mad Max
>No Inception

Kys edgelord

>not loving Hong Kong action cinema
GET OUT

>Dredd 3d
Hasn't everyone forgotten about this "cult" "classic"?

It's a fucking action movie, not a goddamn period piece Oscar bait drama.

>using critics and the academy award's opinion to justify that your movie is well made
not an argument

it's 100 percent trash

Day of Reckoning was sicknigger.

This. The Raid and its sequel are GOAT

Escape From Space

>you will defend this scene

I bet you also think Crash or Force Awakens were good

In no particular order:

>Fury Road
>The Raid
>John Wick
>Hardcore Henry
>Inception
>Dredd
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Elysium
>Kingsman

Fucking come at me, you low test fucking niggerfaggot pussies.

Edge of Tomorrow had no good action.

I don't give a fuck if this is a Escape rip-off, it was entertaining as fuck and a thousand times better than Escape From LA.

Joseph Gilgun killed the braindamaged psycho role.

Inception is not an action movie, Hardcore Henry was mediocre, and Elysium was dogshit.

The rest are good though

It wasn't exactly a rip-off. Snake was supposed to space in the third movie.

The entire 3rd act of Inception was nonstop action, but I mostly put it on the list because I just love it.

Hardcore Henry was essentially a B movie, but it accomplished what it set out to do - be a mindless nonstop action flick.

Elysium was a mediocre movie, but the action scenes in it were fucking great, and I loved the aesthetic.

I think Kingsman had alright action.

Especially that church season, he just slaughtered those guys.

Fuck off. There is no way that movie could have been made for anything like that budget if they had to stop and mop the floor, change clothes, and plant a load more squbs.
It's a shame, yes, but it wouldn't have happened at all with bloodsqubs.

You're not fooling anyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=2-HE6PgrSkI

It's a scene that reaffirms Nux's belief in Valhalla, seeing his brothers ascend into a fiery explosion, and the non-believers being cast down to the Earth. In a brief moment, you can see his entire motivation light up in his eyes, as he kicks the car into fifth gear and is ready to suicide bomb himself for his beliefs.

They're older than 10 years now, but Crank 1 and 2 are better action movies than pretty much everything mentioned ITT, aside from Fury Road, The Raid and John Wick.

Honorable mention to Shoot Em Up.

Absolutely BTFO. Will that user ever be the same again?

>hurr look mommy im baiting again durr

the sandstorm looked like dogshit and was unrealistic as fuck, and was only there because miller wrote himself into a corner and had to save the characters with deus ex machina

your interpretation is more desperate than bvs shitposting

samefag

i didn't enjoy any of these movies, actors saved john wick to an extent desu

Shut the fuck up, stop lumping period pieces with midbrow award winners. Period pieces need everything but discouragement right now, nobody wants them made because everyone thinks their 'boring'. Its because no decent director has taken one on for 15 years and asking the normies that fund hollywood to enjoy a movie made before 2000 that isn't star wars or similar manchild magnets is impossible

>tfw when you'll never get another movie like Barry Lyndon

Top kek, have you ever been in a sandstorm? Sure there isn't usually lightning, but it's for cinematic effect, it's an apocalyptic setting so I'm willing to give it a pass for the otherworldly effect.

I'll take your desperate attempt at feigning ignorance as a tap out, but heck if you want to keep going let's keep going, name another scene and I'll blow you the fuck out again :^)

O-ok...

Your definition of "saved" is bizarro. The acting is what destroyed john wick. The atrocious plot might have worked if the actors had any ability.

It's like 11 years old now, but I think 300 deserves a mention.

>it's an apocalyptic setting so I'm willing to give it a pass for the otherworldly effect
you're an utter moron

>actors saved john wick to an extent desu
yes, all the english native speakers speaking shitty broken russian helped the movie a lot

Oh I'm laffin, you can't even make an argument so you start throwing out fucking ad homens to try and save face. I'd expect this on a website where usernames matter but you're on Sup Forums, not reddit kiddo, you can just leave the thread if you're wrong. No need to even apologize, I'll take your lack of replies as a "I lost" and I'll be smug the rest of the day.

Keep feeding me (you)s until you come up with a real argument, please. :)

i can't really disagree, i think i just give it a pass because i like dafoe and keanu from the 90s desu

>John Wick
>The Raid
>The Winter Soldier

Everything about this scene was utter trash
youtube.com/watch?v=blDjU-W95II

Good movie, great pleb filter for the many psueds who think they're geniuses for pointing out its historical inaccuracies as if it wasn't an adaption of a fantasy comic book or knowing that there wasn't monsters and the Spartans having slaves is common knowledge anyone who isn't an idiot already knows

>DUDE ORANGE AND BLUE LMAO
Fury cucks will defend this

The Matrix is still the best of all time, followed by Terminator 2.

Mad Max Fury Road:
>terrible cinematography
>no character development
>the "main character" says literally 3 lines
>the only interesting character sacrifices himself for the womyn we know nothing about
>unnecessary abortion scene
>filters - the movie
>fantasy-tier post-apocalypse, which looks retarded compared to the previous entries which were grounded in reality
>cannot hear a word Immortan is saying
>reddit-tier antics like "WITNESS ME"
>Valhalla is spelled with a W in the movie
>pointless CGI sandstorm that looked terrible
>obvious scenes that were meant to "pop out" for 3D viewers
>Immortan sacrifices his entire operation to acquire 4 women
>night scenes all have that terrible blue filter
I could go on...

Worked great for it, if it bothers you that much there is literally a B&W version

>Nux has finally completed his journey from a narrow minded fanatic (like you) to understanding more about the world, and how he needs to stop worshiping a man who only causes suffering to those around him.
>Sacrifices his life to save his new found friends, and give them a chance to make the people he once lived above a chance to have a better life.
>The daughters take the seeds that will one day help heal the world.
>With a good soundtrack including a more melancholy version of Nux's theme, the same song used in the sandstorm.
>And to tie it all together, an entirely practical effect with the rig flipping, one of the most dangerous stunts done in the movie, which almost killed the driver.

Hold on friend I'll get to you next. While (you) wait, how about you try to refine your argument from trash to slightly less trash

>no fun allowed

>tfw we'll never get a sequel to Master And Commander, or anything with sailing ships that isn't Pirates of the Caribbean 10: Jack's Impotence

>Nux has finally completed his journey from a narrow minded fanatic (like you) to understanding more about the world, and how he needs to stop worshiping a man who only causes suffering to those around him.
yes lets all feel for Nux but feel nothing when hundreds of other war boys around him are being killed for the sake of 4 women we know nothing about
>and give them a chance to make the people he once lived above a chance to have a better life.
they literally killed everyone else or left them to die in the desert, you imbecile
>The daughters take the seeds that will one day help heal the world.
oh wow this subplot was so poorly explained and thought out that I forgot it even existed
>With a good soundtrack including a more melancholy version of Nux's theme, the same song used in the sandstorm.
the entire soundtrack was mediocre, and without the drum portions it would be utter dogshit
>And to tie it all together, an entirely practical effect with the rig flipping, one of the most dangerous stunts done in the movie, which almost killed the driver.
it looked like shit and pandred to the 3d crowd

>liking bad flicks

you can do this for any movie

it's no excuse for dogshit cinematography

Edge of Tomorrow isn't largely an action movie. It's more like 60% sci-fi and 40% action.

No one's posted the GOAT Tom "Kino" Cruise movie
youtube.com/watch?v=gqocrvv26eo
youtube.com/watch?v=j5s44A8uIEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YPkueaDxBuc

Plebs, the fucking lot of ya

>Subjective opinion of a film student who would rather kill himself than not follow the rule of 3, despite it being only a suggestion and not an actual rule.
>Every character in the movie, save for the villain, gets character development. Furiosa, Max, Nux, they all change as people from the beginning of the movie. Just because there isn't ten minutes of exposition for each character doesn't mean there's no character progression.
>Objectively wrong, he has quite a few lines, even if they're mostly singular words rather than complete sentences.
>Contradictory argument after you said there was no character development, Nux sees more good in the women than in the Immortan.
>Literally nothing wrong with the scene, is meant to show anger and grief in the Immortan. Also a good segway between scenes with our protagonists.
>Nothing wrong with filters, its necessary to keep a movie filmed entirely in a desert interesting, and the film is beautiful in black and white as well. It was filmed for a filter.
>Says other films are grounded in reality when films like Children of Men exist. Everyone will wear gimp outfits after the apocalypse.
>You're literally deaf. Literally.
>Bitches about world building that involves characters saying anything at all, none of these were memes or sayings before the film came out. It's not the film's fault, it's yours.
>I never once saw it spelled like that, unless it was in subtitles.
>Sandstorm looked fine, and was some of the only CGI in the film.
>Only one scene did this, at the very end, for a second.
>Immortan wanted perfect children, all the roasties below were trash and ugly.
>Nothing wrong with the filter once again, also filmed during the day, an impressive effect.

No please go on. I need more (you)s

please don't remind me... I recently watched this movie for the first time. Reading that it kind of flopped made me so fucking angry

>1: The film establishes a lot of heroism around the warboys, they spend a lot of time with them in the beginning. The film is trying to show how good people can be tricked into doing bad things, and that if the army was allowed through, one of the Immortan's children like Erectus would naturally take over and nothing would change. The war boys are basically 'running on empty', so they'd not live much longer anyways.
>2: I mean the people below begging for water dingus.
>3: A subplot given as many scenes as it's relevant to the overall story, is meant to give hope, not to give some deeper message.
>4: Everyone I know disagrees, so you're either objectively wrong or subjectively wrong, but either way you're wrong.
>5: Bitches about one part of a much larger scene, proceeds to argue it looks like crap despite everything else being practical.

I don't even know if you're the original person, if you aren't stop leeching for replies and make your own opinions for once, instead of brainlessly listening to Sup Forums.

>film student
kek
>Every character in the movie, save for the villain, gets character development
wrong
what was pic related's character development?
>Objectively wrong, he has quite a few lines
nope
his entire performance consisted of grunts
terrible waste of a good actor
>Literally nothing wrong with the scene
it's retarded and out of place
>Nothing wrong with filters
they look terrible
>Says other films are grounded in reality
other films as in the other MAD MAX films, you moron
>You're literally deaf. Literally.
ad hominem as excuse for bad sound mixing & design
>none of these were memes or sayings before the film came out
yes they were you retarded underage kid
I bet you're one of those childish pickle rick posters
>I never once saw it spelled like that, unless it was in subtitles.
learn more about the movie you're failing to defend, retard
>Sandstorm looked fine
no it didn't
>and was some of the only CGI in the film
every scene had CGI because every scene had those terrible filters
>Only one scene did this
wrong
>Immortan wanted perfect children, all the roasties below were trash and ugly.
what a surprise, the MGTOW and /r9k/ scum like this dogshit flick
>Nothing wrong with the filter once again, also filmed during the day, an impressive effect.
thousands of films pulled of night scenes to much better effect

forgot pic

Actually, I'm glad that no other movies based on the book will be made because it will turn out to be utter trash in the current climate of producing Hollywood blockbusters. I would hate a terrible sequel to ruin that masterpiece. People are mostly plebs and won't appreciate movies like that so why bother.

The books are excellent and there's like 20 of them.

>This is the state of arguments on this shithole of a board

>1: The film establishes a lot of heroism around the warboys, they spend a lot of time with them in the beginning. The film is trying to show how good people can be tricked into doing bad things, and that if the army was allowed through, one of the Immortan's children like Erectus would naturally take over and nothing would change. The war boys are basically 'running on empty', so they'd not live much longer anyways.
hilarious
you unironically think that 4 women's lives are more important than hundreds of young men's lives
>2: I mean the people below begging for water dingus.
yep just ignore everyone in the convoy that they left for dead
>3: A subplot given as many scenes as it's relevant to the overall story, is meant to give hope, not to give some deeper message.
it's meant to give the audience another reason to root for the "protagonists" but it fails miserably
>4: Everyone I know disagrees, so you're either objectively wrong or subjectively wrong, but either way you're wrong.
Listen to the ost again then come back and say to me that it was anything other than shit.
>5: Bitches about one part of a much larger scene, proceeds to argue it looks like crap despite everything else being practical.
the other bits of the scene don't matter. it's like spending hours on a painting and then taking a giant shit on it at the end

>arguments: 0

Inception is a pretty good movie but let's not pretend it's anything but dog shit for action, it's almost michael bay tier w/ rt

I'm not the poster you were replying to, I'm just saying you aren't even attempting at making an argument for someone else to read but instead just reinforcing your own opinions. And it's a shit opinion that makes you sound like a shitposter faggot

Kinoisseur who also appreciates Frasier? Good man!

It was a pretty amazing dumb action movie.

GOAT stunt work and terrific special effects for it's budget.