So, was Weapon X actually Wolverine's idea?

So, was Weapon X actually Wolverine's idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon_Plus
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_(1950s)_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yep, and he was also the one who suggested that Charles form the X-Men.

Everything was Wolverine's idea. Especially the X-Men.

Sabretooth and Kraven were also in the original Avengers that Nick Fury formed when he wasn't in space, boning a black woman or about to kill Spider-Man.

Wasn't he the 10th experiment. X like the Roman numeral 10.

Yeah but you know... Wolverinewank.

No. He chose X because he already had the X-Men planned in his head. He even planned for the public founder to be someone with a last name starting with X and would pretend that Sabretooth was his first choice to recruit.

You know i actualy like the hole

"The program that made cap made wolverine and luke cage"

Thing

I sort of miss Deus Ex Wolverine.

He's been gone for a long time in comic book standards.

Is this one of those retcons that just get undone because people forget about it?

Can't stand unnecessary retcons.

Origins has him just follow along out of his own free will (after being coerced into it behind the scenes through the murder of Silverfox), so the Roman X thing doesn't actually cause a continuity snarl.

In the comic by Barry Windsor-Smith, he gets kidnapped by henchmen of "The Professor" and Dr. Cornelius and undergoes the program sedated; Claremont actually wanted Apocalypse to be responsible for the adamantium skeleton, so BWS added a phone call from the Professor's higher-ups into an issue.
So Wolverine being actually responsible for the Weapon Plus progam must be a later addition I missed, it's not in the original mini.

Did it make Luke Cage? I know it did Nuke as one of the weapons, Deadpool as a by product of Weapon X, Fantomex as one after Wolverine, and a Godgas as a weapon14 I think

>he spent an entire year stalking people with cool X names thinking it was all for nothing
>he sees the X on Xaviers wheelchaor and knows he hit the jackpot

It was a Loeb retcon from a couple of years ago.

kek

I don't think so.

Not sure how up to date this page is - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon_Plus

Yeah like weapon 9 or some thing was experimentions on prisoners

One, Wolverine needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Wolverine's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Wolverine"?

Fuck Loeb that fucking retarded faggot should kill himself

Marvel the House of the Ruined Ideas.

It's beyond my comprehension why Marvel continues to ruin their best stories with god awful retcons. Weapon X is one of the best Marvel comic books of all time. Why change something so meaningful and perfect?

After all these retcons, i consider Marvel as a rebooted Universe, even if it's not officially happened.

Was this actually a thing? Who else was on the team?

Wrong. Weapon X means Weapon 10 was Morrison bullshit.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_(1950s)_(Earth-616)

Oh. Right. That.

I miss when the Avengers of the 1950s were just Roy Thomas wanking off on golden age Marvel.

Have we taken that idea all the way back to it's inevitable conclusion yet?

Have we yet "discovered" that Logan was, in fact, the First Man, making him also the first mutant and the genetic progenitor to the entire human and ex-human race?

We can go further.
Wolverine was the first being.
He survived the collapse of the universe and the rebirth of the one he currently inhabits.
He was there at the Big Bang and floated through space unconscious until the Earth formed.

Wasn't Wolverine evolved from literal wolves?
Or have they retconned that

Wolverine is actually Galactus?

The wording there is so insulting to the reader.
The writer knows no one will like it

Christ. I never bothered reading this, and never will. I pretend it's not canon, if it even is?

>Have we yet "discovered" that Logan was, in fact, the First Man, making him also the first mutant and the genetic progenitor to the entire human and ex-human race?

Marville did, actually.

I'll take Morrison bullshit any day over Loeb bullshit.
Ow. Fuck. I forgot that story exited. That was toward the end of my days of getting X-men comics.

Actually. I do remember liking the artwork. But that Loeb story. Yeeeesh.
>Marville
Shit. Just when I thought this thread had dug itself a new low, we pop out into China. Can you get lower than Marville?

It's been black holed. Not even dignified by being retconned out, just treated as if it never happened in the first place.

The whole "other species of canine based humans" was stupid as shit.
I don't know how they thought that was a good idea

>Logan was, in fact, the First Man, making him also the first mutant and the genetic progenitor to the entire human and ex-human race
Shit. Why am I downloaded Marville to look this shit up? Well. It could be worse. I could go looking for those pieces of shit issues I bought back in the day. What? I was young. I didn't know be.. okay. I did. At least I should have.

C'mon. Give him a break. His son had just died. Or died like years before. I dunno. I can't hate the guy for the awful shit he wrote in the wake of that, but I can avoid it.

Loeb. The only comic book writer in the Universe worse than Bendis. Both of them work for Marvel.

Marville was a satirical non-canon book, tho.

Is that what this
>Logan was, in fact, the First Man, making him also the first mutant and the genetic progenitor to the entire human and ex-human race
is from? Or is that some other shitty book? I think I gave up reading Marville before Wolverine showed up if that's what it's from.

This is somehow shittier than I remember.

Aha. Found it. Holy shit. I gave up on this garbage long before this shitty Wolverine was an otter stuff.

As someone who has a biology degree and studied evolutionary biology in college, this is fucking painful. Mutated genes letting you shoot punches from the punch dimension is one thing, some fun in comic books. This shit Jemas is slinging as if it's some deep view on evolution and world history? Ew.

> Wolverine was the caveman inventor of democracy and was the only man to bring world peace until religion and patriotism destroyed world peace
I have no fucking words.

>that's right bub

this is worse than fanfic