When did AVGN peak?

When did AVGN peak?

Also before people claim this isnt Sup Forums related, the guy literally made a feature length film

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UM9Huf3vBL0
youtube.com/watch?v=kqOJhvjqA8g
youtube.com/watch?v=3eFKqcdJh6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=4Kc3JqVIIJA
youtube.com/watch?v=o61VEG1nHKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5LiFCKbPN-c
youtube.com/watch?v=pBT11qKUWv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

did you get banned from Sup Forums or something

>the guy literally made a feature length film
So did Mel Gibson, but we still can't discuss antisemitism here

Silver Surfer was his best

Quality is in waves, karate kid was shit but tmnt was god tier. Odyssey was poo poo swordquest was nice.

He peaked when you were 14
I don't think it's possible for you to show someone over the age of 25 an AVGN video and have it hold up, even the ones that most people agree are his best

I'm guessing somewhere after the ROB episode, James was BIG back in the days, literally one of Youtube's 10 most subscribed back in the day

>When did AVGN peak?
Very early. Within the first 18 or so months, back when the anger wasn't so forced and unfunny.

Around 2007-2008. As someone else stated, it's kind of hard to not grow out of it.

Ghostbusters.
C O N G L A T U R A T I O N

AVGN episodes range in quality.

But this.

youtube.com/watch?v=UM9Huf3vBL0

When he wasn't called AVGN.

that takes me back.
when youtube wasnt a convoluted fucking shit mess of a website

Back when 70k subs was top 10 of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=kqOJhvjqA8g

It was awful, stop having nostalgia boners.

the start of 2011, when he made day dreamin davey/star wars and got his new audio set-up which showed how much more tired and raspy his voice is.
he even has pleb opinions about his own videos, the ROB review is his favorite AVGN video.

whoops, misread OP and thought he meant when did james start going downhill
plumbers don't wear ties is when he peaked

I still like AVGN, cinemasscre is mostly trash though. I bet those niggeres don't even like Dredd.

Can we all agree that nothing will ever top Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

this was the actual GOAT youtube channel layout

rip 2005-2008

Ruins your channel*

Alright, this is Silver Surfer

I rewatched AVGN recently, well episodes 1-100 anyway

And it still makes me laugh

>james calls himself a film making guru

>woops i forgot to correct the colors guys, sorry it's all red now ahah

Watcha wearin' James?

How often does Mike beat James?

Do you ever think mike fantasises about killing James, sewing his face onto his own, and trying to live his life without the wife or daughter realizing it's actually mike? I do

youtube.com/watch?v=3eFKqcdJh6Q
He's going to lose it one of these days.

Why is James a guest on his own channel?

>farfromsubtle
It's a shame what happened to these guys

They found the bodies yet?

Pure Jameskino:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Kc3JqVIIJA

I don't know when he peaked but it started to get weaker after the 100th episode. I hate how he hardly talks about the game anymore and just does a bunch of slapstick and special effects.

>that takes me back.
to the past, to play those shitty games that suck ass?

His console reviews were always his peak

That ROB video should have been the last episode. It's an awful episode and it is somehow he and his wife's favorite. He seems so proud of it, and it feels like a blueprint to the abortion of a movie he made. Fuck, Irate Gamer did a better video years before. youtube.com/watch?v=o61VEG1nHKQ

>It's an episode that I personally worked hard on.
What the fuck? His wife helped him make that garbage episode.

Wait what?

I love the Festers Quest episode

It's the only decent episode on that list.

I dont agree at all since James has made a tonne of good episode since 100

>Nintendo World Championships
>Bible Games 3
>Schwarzenegger Games
>Atari Sports
>Tiger Electronics Games
>Big Rigs
>Crazybus
>The Crow (maybe the most underrated episode)
>Paperboy
>MMPR

>Nintendo World Championships
With Pat the NES fuck? No.

Wow.

Pat is so strangely awkward

He seems like the type of person that would pretend to like you and talk shit about you behind your back.

what is Mike's problem?
seriously, is it a condition?
is he autistic?

Power glove episode is kino

It's the eyebrows, he has evil ones.

You know he would. I heard they had a falling out with that fucking idiot.

Dark Castle is relatively new and one of his best. Seaman is up there too.

Hard to say.

youtube.com/watch?v=5LiFCKbPN-c
This episode is so fucking awful. Pat wrote it, I believe.
>Bio Billy

Was doesnt James just do more console reviews?

He owns hundreds of consoles

Justice for Bootsy when?

Mike fucked him and he couldnt handle the 10 inches

Because Boar James isn't just a fanfic.

It peaked in 2008 or so. After 2010, it was already going downhill.

wtf

I've yet to receive an answer, but why is Sup Forums obsessed with taking down James? He's one of th only good reviewers left on YouTube.

The hate has shifted to mike recently, and for good reason. James never deserved it.

His video formats reviews are pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=pBT11qKUWv8

not James, Mike is insane

THIS

>Implying the Jews deserve anything less than fire and brimstone

>Ryan shows up to ruin it

delet ryan

This. I could listen to james talk about technology for hours.

Fuck he just appeared out of nowhere.

kill yourself

Did the Irate Gamer ever man up and admit he's a liar in regards to the AVGN fiasco? Last I knew he released a video absolving himself of all blame and then made a bunch of ghost videos.

Is that Joe Satriani

The Jekyll and Hyde Revisited video or the Plumbers Don't Wear Ties video.
My favorite AVGN episode is the first Jekyll and Hyde one, and he's not really screaming angry there. He's just melodramatic and whiny about something no one cared about. That was the whole joke early on.

Give details.

i don't know but when it's usually james by himself i still usually check them out

>When did AVGN peak?
Season 3 and 4
NES Accessories, Bible Games 2, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties and Winter Games especially

Nowadays he definitely enjoys the behind the scenes and special effects stuff more than scripting and joke writing.

At least he still enjoys some aspect of it rather than loathing it entirely like the Nostalgia Critic.

When was the last time you rewatched AVGN 1-100 user?

Behonest

Most of the crap James gets is ironic. But Mike is definitely a creep.

>video about PlayStation 1
>discuss Nintendo 90% of the time

AVGN didn't really get angry until TMNT and that was only at the very end as all the bullshit from playing the game built up inside him.

HAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HIS HAIR?

They are seriously the biggest Nintendo fanboy shills I have ever seen. Literally ever video is muh Zelda, muh Mario, muh Nintendo is the greatest ever. There was even a Mike and Bootsy plays episode where you could tell Mike was getting seriously pissed Bootsy wasn't agreeing that Nintendo was the greatest thing ever. Bootsy loves Sega and Mike hated that.

Almost agree with this. Classic nerd had a raw aesthetic that has since never been captured, but S2 (first joining Screwattack) takes the cake for me because I don't think there was a single weak episode (probably Independence Day, but that was like a quickie). It was the most consistent. Ghostbusters, Sega Shit, Silver Surfer, Nintendo Power, Texas Chainsaw/Halloween.

S3-4 was James' perfect marriage of filmmaking trade applied to video game reviews. The format was perfected, and some of his most hilarious vids ever where from this era, as well as most personal (Castlevania), but there were a few duds too. He was probably still good until right before or after ROB. Funny how him making the movie was such a recognizable quality shift.

Monster Madness was still good during the movie though, until Sequel-a-thon 2, maaybe MM8.

they are basically "original is always" best about a lot of shit

This

Castlevania series

>Almost agree with this. Classic nerd had a raw aesthetic that has since never been captured, but S2 (first joining Screwattack) takes the cake for me because I don't think there was a single weak episode (probably Independence Day, but that was like a quickie). It was the most consistent. Ghostbusters, Sega Shit, Silver Surfer, Nintendo Power, Texas Chainsaw/Halloween.

I remember watching these as they came out on Screwattack. I think it was the summer after I finished High School. Then I'd rip them to my iPod classic and watch them travelling to college.

Think I'll rewatch them for some comfy memories.

Underrated episodes:

Dragons Lair
Odyssey
Action 52/Cheetahmen
Atari 5200

FOR NIMOY
FOR NIIIIIIIIMOYYY

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

I really wish this dude would fuck off to his own channel.

I think ROB The Robot was the peak.

I did like the Ghosts and Goblins episode and Ikari Warriors -- and some others -- but it's become too over-produced.

The memories are real. I didn't get into his videos until late 2007, and just watched his YouTube uploads for a while before catching up on Gametrailers with his most recent episodes. Good times.

The TCM/Halloween episode is such a perfect realization of James' aesthetic I love it.

>I love it.

For some reason I read this in James' voice from the Castlevania episode.

>It looks like the shit stain that's at the bottom of my drawers right now
>Batter up, bitch boy
>You were totally on the ball, right on the money. Right on my ball!
>Get that nerd, Leather

>It's not chocolate, nor is it poop, it's shit!
>Halloween, Halloween. Just in case you didn't see it the first time.
>It's fucking Meatwad.
>You suck, you suck, and you smell like poop.

They're so good.

>thegamejew
What did he mean by this?

Chris Bores gave up, voted for Trump, and then had a kid.