Why don’t the machines just use cows or other farm animals instead of humans to generate power...

Why don’t the machines just use cows or other farm animals instead of humans to generate power? Those animals won’t resist.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_pendulum
youtu.be/7KcPNiworbo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because then it wouldnt be a movie

they did it out of spite and a giant fuck you to humanity.

Our brains operating in the matrix provide more energy than a dumb cow.

Because that level of reality is also a simulation. You didn't understand the movie at all, it seems.

fuck me I live only 10 minutes from there

IM A FAN REALLY

People have done the math and using humans to generate power this way isn't feasible. So, it's just a movie right.

The whole principle is flawed anyway, so chill out user - Matrix movies are 'just turn off your brain'-tier.

if you masturbate in the matrix do you jizz in real life?

cause if you do, that pod's got to be lik 90% cum

>Those animals won’t resist
That's what the machines thought at first

They where wrong

Or build a wind farm.

Because the cows might become self-aware like Neo and use the Matrix to their advantage

see:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxXjsQbCZR8

This is the answer I choose to believe
I figure it like they were at the far left of the spectrum to start, physically unable to hate humans by their programming, then went so far right they broke through the scale and are now physically unable to do anything but hate humans with such absolute fucking vitriol that they'd actually pull this kind of shit even if it isn't really that beneficial to them, just because they're giant robot assholes
If the big machine face at the end of Revolutions had revealed that to Neo as their motivation the whole time the movie it would legitimately have retroactively improved the entire series

this if we're going off the second renaissance, there was a war that led to their enslavement.

I refuse to watch anything that supports what you just said, comedic or not

Because it was supposed to be usin humans as processors. But to avoid a lawsuit, they changed it to power sources.

They did it because the wachowski brothers are literal faggots

>tfw the globalists want to make the matrix a reality if it isn't already a reality

we're all doomed

It's not that you can't generate energy using humans, it's that the energy it would take to run the systems and keep the humans alive would be far greater than the amount of energy you could generate via the matrix system.

My understanding is the original script/concept was that the machines used human brains as processing power, this is why the matrix existed, also why Neo existed, etc etc.

Conceptually makes more sense this way.

>brothers

MMMM offensive much?

It's statistically likely that we are in a simulation.

Even if you don't believe in any of the other arguments for being in a simulation. It is a near statistical certainty that we are in one.

wow shocking that a mentally ill 4channer thinks a work of fiction would be improved by making it more sadistic and grim dark

this

there were already too many people confused by the story already. They had to dumb it down.

sounds like they went from right to left

Why is the matrix supposed to be bad? It's comfy and fulfilling compared to living in the caves with no sanitation and under constant threat of death.

>Even if you don't believe in any of the other arguments for being in a simulation. It is a near statistical certainty that we are in one.
pffft no

It's also statistically likely that you're a faggot

This is correct. The Studio Jews forced them to change it to being about energy.

Based on what, faggot?

This. The retardation on this board has reached peak levels. Holy fuck. Retards.

I thought zion looked like a fun time

will to truth is a hell of a drug.

How the hell are super intelligent computers gonna need average people for "processing"? Even my fucking smart phone is way faster at computing than any human that has ever lived and it is the size of a hand.

because the machines want an excuse to keep mankind around

The energy farming was a secondary thing. You aren't going to generate much power from people even with that many. A nuclear plant or two could have generated as much, if not the same amount, power as the human farm did. And they don't really have to worry too much about nuclear fallout and all that should worse come to worse.

The primary thing was putting them in the Matrix, since the machines came to the conclusion it was impossible for them and humanity to live side by side.

That's what this whole scene is about
tl;dr the matrix being a bad thing is more of a grey area than you'd assume

they probably needed humans for that one part that machines can't simulate like solving retarded captchas

this scene aged like milk

It's the simulation hypothesis.

Ultimately, all we need is that one advanced civilization be interested in creating a simulation.

From here, we have a bunch of premises that all lend credence to this. One of which being that any given "thing" belongs to the average.

So, the fact that humans are interested in simulations means that it's likely that most civilizations are also interested in simulations at some point in their existence. There's no reason to believe that we are unique in this regard.

>desu, I don't want to type it all out. Just read it or watch videos or whatever.

why you type like reddit scum?

Why did this seem like such a kids movie?

How do you know what reddit scum type like?

seen other anons here point that out.

Don't believe everything you read, you gullible little rat.

>It's statistically likely that we are in a simulation.

it's statistically likely that you don't know how statistics work

This is what happens when atheists realize intelligent design is more plausible than the big bang.

>Even my fucking smart phone is way faster at computing than any human that has ever lived and it is the size of a hand.

brainlet confirmed

Those were the redditors.

You can't really compare it like that. While reading this, your brain probably does more work that your smartphone will have done in total before it breaks down, and more efficient by several orders of magnitude too.

i bet you thought that was really funny when you posted it

why was the matrix simulated in real time?
Doesnt make any sense energy wise

It simulates lifetimes until (presumably) 1999+
Then the crops are resown, meaning new timeline inside the matrix

I'm not sure how one can "type like reddit scum".

What shitty writing .
You're right OP

>we create a simulation as lifelike as the matrix for reasons
>the inhabitants of our simulation start making their own simulation, for the same reasons we did
>the inhabitants of the simulation made by the inhabitants of our simulation start making their own simulation
r-relax guys, we're a-all real, we're at the t-top!

They explain it in The Animatrix

The cow Architect tells cow Neo that it became too hard to program the Cow Agents so they had to scrap the cow Matrix and just keep the human one.

The matrix breaks down to three components, Mind, Body, and Spirit.

The machines needed humans because they had spirit. Eventually though, the machines became spiritual creatures in their own right, as demonstrated by the indian girl on the train that neo meets.

they are more advanced than humans and they know its unethical. humans suck but animals should be protected, good job machines

Because the machines are too humanly emotional and did this Otherwise, they'd have completely ignored humanity and blasted off into the rest of the universe and not looked back. More likely theyd have just used up all resources in the solar system then moved on to the next until the Milkyway and Andromeda were all used up.

POO spirit

>for reasons

Upvoted and lolled good sir. We intellectuals need to stick together.

Human brains were actually used as *processing* power, i.e. computers. Either the machines couldn't create a synthetic alternative, or consciousness is an emergent property that would've appeared in any sufficiently advanced collection of neurons. Whenever a character implies humans are used to generate electricity, this is an in-universe misunderstanding.

Brains are smart, computers are a fast stupid. Your smartphone can calculate the first ten thousand prime numbers inside a second, but this doesn't actually require intelligence, just shitloads of rote division. The pattern-matching algorithms your brain applies to sensory data are absurdly more advanced than anything you'll find running on silicon.

This. Machines were treated like hell from before the actual events in the movie; there was war and they won.

Fuck off.

Maybe because humans have more complex brains that generate more electricity? That's just my guess

Ahaha. Fuck i hate Sup Forums glitchy capchas.

Here comes a retarded commie who thinks left=good and right=bad

Originally the robots used human brains as RAM but the studio changed it to energy because they were afraid it would be too complicated for audiences in the ancient year of 1999 to understand.

>the entire world is fucked up because humans can't stop being retards
>machines still can't not care about them
>put them in pods and take care of them their entire lives

Matrix is the ultimate end of Asimovs three laws

shit, the first matrix was literally Heaven

>phone posters

Because if humanity hadn't been enslaved there could be a third option that was neither shithole nor slavery.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_pendulum

You do realise how quickly those universes would contract, right? Real-world interactions are chaotic. You'd need a star-sized supercomputer to simulate a glass of water being sloshed around.

whats your point retard?

hocus pocus your cock is your bum

you can change captcha back to old one

it just werks, no glitching

>redditors actually fell for the simulation meme

It's literally flat earth tier.

The more simulations there are/will be the less likely you are to be in the real world

thats not what my post was even about.
even with the old captchas YOU solve a captcha and a machine can't solve them so it needs ahuman brain to do it.

How do you know there's a bunch of simulations in the first place?
Protip: You don't, and if you believe in the simulation hypothesis you are quite likely mentally ill.

ya best start believin in large-scale simulations... YER IN ONE

>How do you know there's a bunch of simulations in the first place?
watch
youtu.be/7KcPNiworbo

>How do you know there's a bunch of simulations in the first place?
I don't. I didn't claim to.
Maybe we never advance far enough to run them.
Or for some reason people just choose to not run these simulations.
If we do or if "we" did though we're more likely to be in one as long as more than one of 2017 is run.

>implying left to right isn't always the logical starting position if you aren't a sandnigger
It's a meaningless example anyway, it could have been up to down, low to high, 0 to 100, you're the one reading politics into it

Are you autistic or have alzheimers? You can click on the post number that is quoted to go back and track the conversation, reddit visitor.

The original idea was that the machines were using the humans brains as CPUs

no you're the retard here. fucking spastic learn to read

>that vid
>can't even list all that is wrong in the first 30 seconds because there's literally too much cringe starting out

>simulationfags still ignoring

>all-powerful sky wizard? Heh, no kid, it's actually an all-powerful supercomputer.

Computers were just started to become mainstream during the Matrix. The Studio Jews didn't think people would understand concepts such as CPUs or Processing Powers...etc. So they made the script change to energy because people understood energy.

Basically the original idea was that people were used as supercomputers. Machine & Man created the Matrix which was only way for them to live together without mutual destruction.

You need a better sense of humor.

Why are you so angry? user was helping you out. You shouldn't skip meals when you are over 25, user. That makes for a cranky babby.

i just jumped into the chain to explain to you what that post was about: it was to show how to choose captcha because someone complained it was glitchy. i guess you're the other guy he quoted that said it was "retarded", so maybe he thought you were complaining about it.

All the animals are dead. There was a massive apocalyptic war. Its like you giys didnt even watch the animatrix.

so explain to us brainlets what was before the big bang.
can't do that?
thought so, retard.

>super advanced ayys can't possibly build that
they can

>Its like you giys didnt even watch the animatrix.
you're right we only watched 2 garbage matrix films we're not going to slog through a 3rd

>You'd need a star-sized supercomputer
so? you DO realize that our current tech is completely irrelevant right?

if we get to that point in a thousnad years or more, it means we could be living in a simulation right now.

wdhmbt?