Dragons BTFO

dragons BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_bombing_during_World_War_II
youtube.com/watch?v=rm3bGKMYM_w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gulf_War_military_equipment
youtube.com/watch?v=yYOBKVyrnXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imagine how useless those dragons would be if they had a dozen of those catapult arrow things.

>imagine how useless jets and bombers would be if anti aircraft guns existed

You fail at analogies.

Imagine how useless that ballista would be if the dragon wasn't flying straight down its line of sight

Looks like sound logic to me user.

slowpoke.png

I didn't watch the hobbit, did they really kill him?

they actually kinda are. do you think people simply invade their enemies airspace if they have the capabilities to shoot you down?

He doesn't shoot the dragon so much as the dragon says fuck it and doesn't dodge. for more drama.

The post refered to numbers not existance. Knowing that the dragon is really the only advantage she has, it would be sensible to have a fuckton.

If Dany insists on riding her dragons into battle, why the fuck doesn't she wear any armor?

She is the Chosen One. The Gods will protect her.

>implying a dragon could ever dodge a toothpick flying at the speed of sound at him

What?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_bombing_during_World_War_II

Do you not know what SEAD is?

We're talking about anti aircraft which didn't exist during that time retard. Follow along

See the problem is that dragons can apparently fly quite low and melt stone. The only reasonable place to mount those would be in the courtyard or on top of the towers.

The former you can fly low to avoid and the latter you can also fly low to avoid. Or hell as the dragons proved they can hide in clouds and come down for a quick swoop attack and retreat to cloud cover.

Wait until it's night time and stay in the clouds only coming out for strafing runs. Good fucking luck getting a bead on that.

*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=rm3bGKMYM_w
dragons BTFO

That's different, because planes fly ridiculously high and you can build more of them. A dragon can't hurt you unless it's well within ballista range.

In the book lore a surprising number of them end up getting killed in combat. Even one of the original 3 who conquered Westeros to begin with took a bolt to the eye and died.

You're fucking retarded. What was the 2003 invasion of Iraq?

They didn't have anti air retard. Follow along. We're talking about anti aircraft

>if they have the capabilities to shoot you down
the whole point of sead is exactly to act upon that and destroy your enemies air defense

>That's different, because planes fly ridiculously high and you can build more of them. A dragon can't hurt you unless it's well within ballista range

That dragon can fly at higher altitudes. And it can probably drop rocks.

>Iraq did not have anti aircraft guns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gulf_War_military_equipment

god that show is so fucking bad.

The earliest known use of weapons specifically made for the anti-aircraft role occurred during the Franco-Prussian War of 1870. After the disaster at Sedan, Paris was besieged and French troops outside the city started an attempt at communication via balloon. Gustav Krupp mounted a modified 1-pounder (37mm) gun — the Ballonabwehrkanone (Balloon defence cannon) or BaK — on top of a horse-drawn carriage for the purpose of shooting down these balloons.

>Sup Forums isn't imaginative enough to weaponize dragons and adapt to the enemy

What is your fucking point
>kuwait
>zero anti air
What is your fucking point

>Goatfuckers trying to shoot down bombers that operate outside of the effective range of their AA guns.

k.

steady now you cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=yYOBKVyrnXs

You say that but I spent my entire time watching it imagining the cast of Generation Kill was there instead.

I'm not sure if I like it or the more amusing story I was watching in my head.

The Targaryens certainly aren't. Especially not Danaerys Targaryen, who has so little awareness that she's flying into battle without armor. I think people are complaining that with the way dragons are used, they shouldn't be anywhere near this effective.

Iraq uses soviet era tech and US of burger uses future technology what is your fucking point and what does this have to do with dragons

it's just fucking bad m8.

And who do you think carries out the majority SEAD strikes?

I'll give you a hint: flying machines

why are the dragons in this show so boring?
the hobbit sucked, but smaug was a fucking thrill, I can tell you that

This has to be b8

>at the speed of sound

You don't know much about anything, do you?

>Why are large firebreathing lizards ridden by some bint less interesting than sentient and malicious magical creatures created by an evil angel

I don't know.

Realistically all she'd have to do is fly above their firing angle and then descend from on high since it has a pretty obvious design flaw of not being able to shoot directly above it or track a target that flies over it very easily. Hell even a strafing run would be effective as all the dragon needs to do is fly at a oblique angle and suddenly the man trying to hit the dragon has to account for both his slow and heavy projectile's drop while also trying to lead the dragon enough to hit it, which given the speeds involved would be fairly massive. It would be a very challenging shot and the dragon would also have to play along and not make any sudden movements because while the bolt was in air the travel time is so high the Dragon/Rider would have time to react and compensate.

The only way you really could use this successfully is if the Dragon Rider was an absolute moron and tried to fly straight at you which gives you enough time to line up your shot and eliminates an entire axis.

Also imagine if there were two dragons or maybe even three.

Bismillah brothers

Until the mountain teleports on the ship and starts firing it like a fucking gatling gun.

Why did she burn all of the grain? Is she retarded?

Yes.

Figures it would be Meme Man who works the ballista

The Dragon was her fucking armor, other than the ballista which they didn't know was there, it was immune to arrows, why wear armor? When anything capable of piercing the thing between you and them would btfo of it anyway?

Why don't they use wildfire bolts and arrows?

give stream link plz

no torrent, my ISP monitors that shit

It was just outside of King's Landing, why wouldn't you burn the grain? It's just going to allow them to hold out a siege for a longer period of time.

It's not like they could've won that fight and got those carts around KL to Dragonstone.

>dragon is really the only advantage she has
k

>The Dragon was her fucking armor

>her plot armour you mean, her ass shouldve been thrown off and the war would've been over with Bronn the Dragonslayer getting his castle.

>defeat dragons from same animation design with same weapon and animation design
Pretty sure Bard survived the same way Bronn did
D&D do it again

Yeah, and a Dothraki horde that will fuck up any of the current armies on an open field.

free popcorn

You're as cucked as Jaime kek

Oh boy, seedboxes or vpn's are waaaaaaayyyyy too hard to get.

literal army full of savage horsemen , not looting the enemy food supply after bitching about the Tyrells no longer being able to supply food.

My question is, even if Danny wins or loses, whats her plan to deal with the Dothraki savages, now thoroughly unleashed on Westoros.

The Unsullied aren't that much off an issue.

Smaug had dialogue and lots of loot to protect.

He was actually quite a good connversationist.

not his fault he couldn't buy love, or masturbate, and was a singular death machine.

It was pretty dumb for them to not be instantly manned at the start. Just minor plot stuff because they couldn't have Dany lose here.

they will be good for the economy and cause no crime and rape at all

What, are those horsemen supposed to just grab a handful each and ride off? There's a reason that supply was in a long slow moving line.

Vale heavy cavalry will fuck dothraki up.

>3 dragons vs thousands of planes
>dragons have to be relatively close to the ground to attack
>planes can drop bombs from miles away

3K unsullied defeated 25K dothraki, or more. Jaime has, at least, 30K with his army. At best? 60K, I'd say, or anywhere between. He took 10K from the westerlands garrisons, he had at least 5K besieging Riverrun(the number required for such a feat) and had a fresh Tarly join him who "inspired other reachman lords".

This is obviously more thought than the Showrunners even put into this this entire episode, however, lets go into detail what Dany is dealing with. At the start of her Horde, she had 100K Screamers.. Disease was, by all means, a huge risk to any army of this period. Considering Dany was stuck on an island for at least a fortnight (takes about ten days to travel from dragonstone to casterly rock, if not more). She did not leave until news of Casterly's falling had reached her, so I could believe it had been twenty days or even a month.

To be on an island, with no food, with a standing army of 100K who have a penchant for open wounds, death, and battling amongst each other? They had also brought along the entire dothraki horde, that's more than a million people! Dragonstone simply could not hold that many, even the soldiers, the entire army would have been broken up. But let's assume they didn't.

Lethality off the field was just as dangerous as on the field, even greater so during the Middle Ages. An Army of 100K, even victorious, would lose thousands from a day of fighting.. About 20% of its standing force, usually. So that's 80K left, but wait what about all that attrition? well as i said off the field is to a degrees 1.3 times more lethal than on the field, so her army would be left with MAYBE 50K soldiers after all of this, but this isn't taking in account the Dothraki's wild penchant for death, when they lost 17K against merely 3K unsullied. That's a death count of over 50%, terrible for any army. So assuming similar numbers since the Lannisters are the best trained and certainly most soldiery class of fighters within Westeros (cont 1/2)

the ballistas will be with the armies. Dany can use the dragons behind the lines to disrupt their logistics and movements.

If that thing killed the dragon I'd probably just drop the show desu. Ancient godlike beast of legend shot down by a fucking drunk with a crossbow. Nah.

holy shit how do i turn this off

Dany is left with about as many men that Jon has. Truly pathetic. Take in account that there are no supply lines in real armies of the time, especially Danaerys' Dothraki, they would have to raid and rape along the way. There is really no stopping that, and was even encouraged in Europe during the late-middle ages. So you see, Dany has killed and harmed Hundreds of thousands of lives, rather than simply attacking one Keep and winning the war in one masterstroke... And used her wildly overrated force and wasted it. Now, if you want to talk about realism and battle strategy some more, if in this world piles and piles of bodies get buried upon each other and lines do not move... Why would the Dothraki not pile up as they charged through the Lannister line? Sure yeah Dany attacked a hole in their line, but she also rained fire mostly on the baggage train after that (full of the food her army desperately needed lol) and it would be simple enough for the Lannisters to readjust and form a wall around their own flank. They had reserves, and were right next to water, which the simple dothraki do not like. The dothraki had no armor, nor did their horses, and being impaled would not break a line. There are two men there, and they'd push the horse back with their shield and keep fighting, but this time, with a horse infront of them. After two charges, it is impossible for the horses to do anymore, as they've now formed a wall. This is retarded, but so was the battle of the bastards, eh? Anyways, charging like that is death anyways. The reason why the Dothraki are dangerous, and so were the Scythians, Huns, and Mongols.. Is because they are ARCHERS ON HORSEBACK. They can pick away at the Lannisters... But the way you beat that is with ARMOURED KNIGHTS. What did the Lannisters have? Oh yes from the words straight from Twyin Lannister's mouth, he prefers two to one foot to horseback. So while there were none in the scene, they SHOULD have had at least (2/3)

She already has plot armor on.

>D&D rewatched Desolation of Smaug for this weeks episode
Waiting for a magical invisibility piece of jewelry

at least 15K to anywhere around 30K horse back, trained, armoured soldiers which would munch threw Dothraki inferior steeds, which you know, the Dothraki EAT. The Dothraki prefer horsemeat, and they're about the only resource they had on Dragonstone. They would all almost be gone, and Dothraki don't fight on foot either, so they'd be fucked. Purely fucked. There is no Scenario where both armies survive, but, Jaime would inflict a deathblow to Dany's chances to ever win the war. She would have inflicted savages on her supposed people, and this victory would be a Pyrrhic one and would possibly be seen as a rallying call for the rest of the houses against the tyrant fire-queen. Plus, to move this army of this size, it'd be seen from everywhere. She'd need at least ten thousand ships, she'd have to mow through any villages or towns in the way, why would the Lannisters not be ready for her attack? Why would there not be multiple trains going varying directions, incase of this? How the fuck did she even know where they were, if she didn't know Euron's movements? None of this makes sense and now that I've thoroughly cucked this immense show through a few paragraphs I'd like to sit down and revel in how stupid D&D are. Say what you will about GRRM, but he'd at least have fucking killed that Dragon.

I will be dropping the show if thats the case. Torrenting it now, so we will see.