How can people actually claim to like this show with a straight face?

It's so bad it was cancelled twice and then banned from rerunning for a couple years because the ratings were awful because no-one liked it.

It's essentially a glorified kids show (it's even rated TV-PG too as in 'Cartoon Network show' PG not 'King of the Hill PG, which is clearly for adults despite lack of mature content) with mumbling try-hard dialogue, unspeakably terribly and unwatchable animation, ridiculously cliche and boring plots, booger/fart jokes and random seemingly "kid-oriented" musical numbers and movie sequences that are mind-numbing even for both mature adults and your average McFarlane show viewer. There's virtually nothing really that redeeming or really even interesting about the show at all.

Adult Swim may be bringing it back at 4 AM because they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for filler programming, but I guarantee you, the ratings will be so bad even for that slot that it won't last longer than a couple weeks.

It was good.

>It's essentially a glorified kids show (it's even rated TV-PG too as in 'Cartoon Network show' PG not 'King of the Hill PG, which is clearly for adults despite lack of mature content)

Why is this a bad thing?

You turned one of my favorite teen shows into a meme. Why did you turn one of my favorite teen shows into a meme?

It's one guy behind all of these "Home Movies sucks" threads isn't it?

For the same reason that Regular Show and Adventure Time shouldn't be on Adult Swim. There's a difference between Cartoon Network "TV-PG" and King of the Hill/Simpsons "TV-PG"

watch it as an adult and you'll see it sucks. your nostalgia goggles are blinding you from the truth

I don't like it either, but why do you care so much?

It's good. You're just acting like a bitch because
>Muh Toonami

its weird how adults will watch children's shows or "adult shows" but complain about shows that aren't inherently for adults only. Why does everything have to be a private club for you? some people don't laugh at the show which I understand. For me it was "slice of life" done right. at-home conversations are generally not filled with swearing and edgy-hitler-humor like F is for family or family guy, especially for 8 year olds.

Because it almost bombed Toonami back in the summer of 2012 and 2013 when it aired as a leadin. It literally got less than 100k viewers in a primetime slot when Family Guy reruns often came close to 4 million. That's fucking pathetic.

I watched it as an adult and its still enjoyable.

I'm starting to believe this, too

I've personally seen no less than seven anti-Home Movies threads on here within the past month, with the same talking points about why it's bad (the animation, dialogue style, ratings, etc.)

And do you actually give two fucking shits about this new Toonami?

>try-hard dialogue

I know what you're attempting to say, but the problem is: It's easier to write "try-hard" than it is to say what you specifically dislike about the dialogue. So, explain what you meant.

i am neutral about this show. never was a fan but i don't hate it either

Fatso's takin' my money back...

I liked it. The terrible animation grew on me after awhile, sort of like south park's terrible animation. Coach McGuirk and those two best friends got some laughs out of me

I have a DVD of the thing in the living room, and it still holds up. It's an early-ish example of fast-paced observational comedy in cartoons that sacrificed animation quality for relatability and fast turnaround. There are better cartoons that did the same thing earlier and better (Dilbert, Duckman), but that doesn't mean Home Movies and Dr. Katz deserve to get grilled for looking bad.

Again: why'd you turn Home Movies into a meme?

it's the toonami threads and/or summerfags

IMO first season is one of the greatest things to ever air on television. All seasons afterwards are significantly less funny. This is because the first season was very improv-heavy. It started getting way more scripted and therefore way less funny season 2, although the show has amazing moments throughout all 4 seasons.

Agreed. Nobody ever seems to rate Season 1, but it's my favorite.

Season 4 may be my favorite. Jon Benjamin has yet to top some of the best Coach McGuirk bits from that year.

They should get all those shonen Jump anime off of it, too.

WELL IM
CURING DISEASE AN HELPIN BLIND PEOPLE READ
DONT TOUCH THAT MILK WITHOUT TALKIN TO ME
IM A SAVIOR TO THOSE WHO CANT SEE WITH THIER EYES
DONT MESS WILL ME OR YOULL GET PASTEURIZED

but it has Jon Benjamin in a main(ish) role so it cant be bad.

Yup

It's even the same OP image every time.

Louis Louis > Franz Kafka

This

Anyone else remember Dr. Katz? That was excellent. Home Movies was a nice next step from that. H. Jon Benjamin was based then as now.

It has a great payoff wich is more than what I can say about korra
It's actually a welcomed change from the usual shit we get. I hate the fact that every animated show has to be either a comedy, a shitty adventure/action show or a bitter "adult" comedy.
Animation can be literally anything at all and we get more limited than Hollywood blockbuster movies

I wish invader zim was an adult swim show

He is just a maaan warrior of words taking a staaaand.
I checked out the creators music and it isn't as good as the music in the show which pisses me off

I I knew this series was polarizing, but Jesus fuck, you are saltly, my friend.

That's a hilariously bad opinion

It suck

spaghetti time