Why don't girls like comicbooks anymore?

Why don't girls like comicbooks anymore?

When did they ever like comics?

Because girls only liked comics cause they were the next popular thing. They invade it, try to make it all about them, then the next big thing jingles its keys, and they run after that franchise, completely abandoning the last thing they loved.

All the female characters are super conservative and hate men, so normal females can't relate to them and are turned away.

Because the Comics Code killed everything but capeshit

>giving a shit what girls like
>about anything
>ever

They do though

Not enough gay shipping bait.

because they have grown up.

Same reason they don't like you.

Are you kidding? More girls than ever are into comics.

Get out of here, entire staff of Marvel.

Why should they?

It's true tho, compared to the, like, .5% of comic readers being girls in past years, anyway.

Because comics are fucking gross nowadays.

Maybe if they published more books that we could actually relate to, like Hellcat and Squirrel Girl, we'd actually read them.

>Why don't girls like comicbooks anymore?

But we do.

Girls do like comics. It's just that unlike Sup Forums we actually like GOOD comics.

Is Kamala still relevant?

Girls read more than boys these days, in a few decades more women will be into comics just by virtue of reading being less popular among men. Scholastic comic books like Smile and El Deafo are huge amongst little girls.

Yes. She's on the Avengers. She's on television. She's making cameos left and right. She's the number one digital seller.

She's a fucking superstar right now.

because actually reading comic books don't give them attention

She's going to appear in the MCU isn't she?

It's the ones who go around spouting that are shit.

I actually had to help host a dinner for my cousins and I discovered one of my cousins, one of the younger ones, being 16, was a huge comic book geek and had about 2-3 friends around her age that had similar interests.

She primarily reads Joker books. Not Harley Quinn, not Batman; Joker books.

One of her friends is heavily into Archie and Fantastic Four and another one liked comics I couldn't tell the title of.

Don't fucking bother with cosplayers, though. Most of them don't know shit from chocolate and are doing it to flaunt it. Especially female cosplayers.

Oh, and male Overwatch cosplayers.

...Man, I wish I had my ex back so I could argue Emerald Twilight with her again. Those were the days.

> Guys in comics
> Nobody ever gives a shit what they wear or how fanservicey they get

> Girls in comics
> Every possible costume they wear becomes a huge controversy over "THEY'RE COVERING UP AND SURRENDERING TO THE SJWS" or "WHY DOES SHE DRESS LIKE A SLUT MUH MALE GAZE"
> Every little thing that happens to them or that they do is overanalyzed through a shallow, dumb political lens
> rarely exist as actual characters, more often characters that make a specific point about "This is how a woman should be in comics"
> expected as a woman to have a "political opinion" about all this and get shit on if you don't

to be frank I'd hate comics too if I had to put up with this shit

Probably in the same way Cassie Lang has. In a way that shows she will never ever have powers or appear in an impactful way in that universe.

Who the fuck likes comics these days?

This is pretty much true, though.

Not speaking for the collective, but there is a weird majority. And by majority every female acquaintance I've been introduced to in the last decade...

That goes into something because it's trendy... and drops it quickly when the next popular thing comes along and suddenly people are paying attention to that.

At least back in the day you could high five a chick that cosplayers Fiona Vi when she spoke about EQ and how she was sad WoW was taking over.

Nowadays, the girl that you talked to about Attack on Titan three months ago doesn't even remember she was a "huge fan" and dropped it because suddenly another trend was emerging.

Not because she didn't like it that the story was going in shitty directions, but because it just wasn't popular anymore with the community.

The only fucking constant I see with girls is that Kurohitsuji never dies.

Did they?

Early 2000s.

Why don't guys like scrapbooking?
Who.Fucking.Cares.

I assume vidya made scrapbooking popular among men.

Do Harley Quinn fangirls count?

Most of her fans are probably 20-something year old dudes, though

I know for a fact most of her fans are teenagers and 20 something women.

I know this one Muslim girl who started reading her. Along with a white feminist

I went to a Ms.Marvel book signing at the LCS, and it appeared to mostly be high schoolers.

That's not what females are like, that's what PEOPLE are like. At least people your age, which is probably 18-20.

What? Comics are more popular with girls than ever.

In 2015 maybe, but the trend is going out already...

I met my first ex 8 years back when she and I hit it off doing laundry on a weekday.

I could hold conversations with her when we were sniping how horrible Civil War was and why the Hell did I buy Marvel.

At that time, Batman RIP was being posted as the "definite replacement of Bruce Wayne by Grayson" and I'd rip into her for buying it.

She never had to fake it.

It's only been in the last 5 years or so where this trend of picking up things and dropping them like a fashion statement have become prevalent.

No one actually sticks with anything in the majority of females. The dudes I know at least have it as a hobby and invest time in it.

The girls really do treat it as a seasonal trend that would get them on the map. I feel that it's insulting that "chic" is how it's going.

Their interest in the subject doesn't come off as genuine. It comes off as... Superwholockian.

If you'd mind my language. I'm not sure if I went too far with that last word.

Women are only interested in things which are popular and that increase their social status. In other words women have no authentic interests or personality.

Cosplay thread?

>take greatest personal failing
>reverse it and assign it to all of the opposite gender
Cringiest thing I've heard all day.

They never liked them in the first place. In fact comics are currently at their highest popularity with women with all the PC trend

50s, 60s, 90s. If you are too young to know comic history, please shut up.

Oh yes, please tell me how Lumberjanes or Mockingbird are so great.

This is just blatantly not true.

More girls like comics now than anytime in history

I want girls and SJWs out of my comics

They're like a cancer that's infected the medium. No, that's not right - you can surgically remove a cancerous tumor or kill it with chemo/radiotherapy.
They're more insidious than that.

Comics were my sanctuary, my haven. Every Saturday I'd go down to my local comic book store and rap with the clerk there before going home to read the latest issues of my favourite characters. I was enraptured and enthralled. For a few hours a week, I was completely absorbed into the stories of the people that I cared about and connected with on a personal level.

Then women cam along and decided that it wasn't fair that we weren't spending that time grovelling at their feet and scraping for attention. So they decided that comics had to change to suit their needs and wants and fickle emotions and the people that I once trusted betrayed me and sold out in the hopes of getting some pussy.
From there it was simple market physics - once one group was able to apply enough pressure to have changes made, then another came along and another until now we've got a 15 year old black girl set to become the new Iron Man, Captain Marvel is a woman and Harley is the new ambassador for the entire fucking medium.
Never mind that the cinematic universes have allowed the infiltration of the most casual of casuals, all for the sake of appealing to new reader demographics and making a fucking buck.

This is probably what Caesar felt like when Brutus shanked him in the back.
And the absolute worst part is that there's not a goddamn thing I can do about it.

My hobbies are stamp collecting, numismatics and cooking. You'll never be as cool and hip as I am.

Also this. Everything women touch turns to shit.

they mostly read manga

the question is why they don't like cape shit

>Everything women touch turns to shit.
If that were true you'd be an amazing individual.

because of feminism and liberals telling them to hate everything that portrays women in an attractive way and that boys/men like

>ywn fuck Supergirl

Why live?

because of the nature of hypergamy. chad has other interests now.

I want to impregnate her with an infidel devil child

>I know this one Muslim girl

Post pics

You didn't disprove their argument.
Comics are fucking shit and that's why girls aren't willing to read through some 40 year old man-childs fanfiction about overgrown men in tights saving the world.

Girls seem a lot more drawn to anime interestingly enough.

This is the cringiest most entitled post I've ever read. It truly belongs in a cringe thread.

Tell me I'm lying then

Tell me that over the course of the last decade women and sjw's haven't infiltrated the medium and that concession after concession hasn't been made to keep them happy
Tell me that the greats of the industry haven't jumped shit because of the complete and utter betrayal of their fanbases and their stifling of creative freedom
Tell me that comics aren't trying to push 'progressive' agendas with homosexuals and transgenders

Tell me I'm lying

You know the wrong women, OP.

Sounds more like something Strong Guy would say.

My white, christian, recent college grad cousin reads it.
I had no idea that she'd ever read a comic.

I believe you user, comics have become more shity these years

Some women still do, others don't. Kind of like guys too, OP.

Sup Forums is full of guys and Sup Forums doesn't even read comics.

Female audiences are higher than they've been in years and female creators are more common than before. I admit, I don't read DC or Marvel much. I like non-cape like Archies or Jem better.

They like comic books. They just don't like you.

Oh look, this thread AGAIN.

I don't read much manga and I don't read capeshit because it's just that, trite shit. I hate when men assume I don't read comics because I can't talk current Big 2. Why would I when Fantagraphics, D&Q, 2dcloud, etc are putting out good stuff that I actually want to read that doesn't read like it's simply appealing to the lowest common denominator or trying to move books. It's always been that way with capes, but now they take it so... seriously.

Any book to recommend? Sup Forums isnt quite what I expected recs wise

Women are stupid and I don't respect them.
That's right, I just have sex with them.

>I don't read capeshit because it's just that, trite shit

How do you know it's trite shit without reading it?

>I hate when men assume I don't read comics because I can't talk current Big 2

The assumption is that you don't read big 2 comics, which would be true.

Not sure where you're starting but I really like -

Pyongyang by Guy Delisle
Ice Haven by Daniel Clowes
Megahex by Simon Hanselmann
Fante Bukowski by Noah Van Sciver

As far as capes go I like stuff like The Umbella Academy, Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, Elseworlds The Nail, and The Oath. With capes I tend to read more about a character I like than a continuity that spans across issues. Which reminds me I really liked new52 Animal Man and Wonder Woman for a bit as well (I believe I stopped reading after they both changed artists... it was a while ago.)

Yeah i have the same behavior with capes.
Thanks!

they do.

Silly, OP. Women don't even exist. None of you do.

If women don't exist, who did WTC?

It's all in my head.

There's tons, but what you count as comics (I.e manga/webcomics) and the 'quality' of what they have read gives you the impression that they don't 'read' comics.

Women have, in general, no love of any art; they have no proper knowledge of any; and they have no genius.

...does that mean you're a woman, user?

This desu fampia. I read about the old school She Hulk being a nonshitty version of Deadpool and bought the New52 trade book. Who fucking shows up to shit everywhere, fucking Hellcat. Awesome. Hopefully they and Squirrelgirl and Fem Thor make a supergroup called the Panda Ring and tell you that you have internalized misogyny and aren't a real nerd if you don't buy their shit

Call me when a fem protagonist gets treated like Wolverine or Bats and stands on the merits of her own story without resorting to shitty tumblr "yesallmen" feminism and I'll buy more new comics.

>New52
Your casual is showing

You're not, but you've got the argument wrong. Your possible and moaning about your safe space really is cringe but there is a huge force being wielded to change the nature of "geek" shit. There's this rising tide of Regressivism that's filling the void of Conservativism in Millennials. They want to censor shit they find offensive.

It's the same drive that most people have in power, it's human nature. "I hate X. You doing X over there pisses me off so I'm gonna fix you buddy. Don't think you can just close the door and do those things and say those words. I'm gonna get you and make it hurt so none of your little friends will dare do X." All assholes with power do this, you'll see a lot more of this in the future congrats from the "Left". The center has shifted and the people I described above will put themselves in the box of "Liberal" and "Progressive".

Why do you type like that?

>numismatics
what the hell is that?

I like comics and I'm training my stepdaughter to like comics too, it depends on the girl

>training
I want to make a molestation joke, but can't pick the right words.

I can't tell if you're a cuckqueen or a cuck.

Is there some study about this?
Comics industry (Marvel) want to give us Minority and women, but maybe they are like 10% of the readers.

Women have always liked comics. They just tend to like more variety than capeshit. Manga, indie, zines, etc.

The real question is why men tend to use "comics" to mean capeshit all the time.

Because let's be honest, women have no interest in anything beyond materialistic shit like money and jewelry.

Their inferior brains will never be able to comprehend not even something as juvenile as comics (and yes, my dear non-capefags, your comics would be laughed at by anyone who even reads something as mediocre as genre fiction), but art, literature, music, cinema, science, etc. Women are simply incubators not fit to be called human beings.

>Oh look, this thread AGAIN.

Why is there such a war over capes?

Indie books provide all the better content and diversity that newcomers and sjw might want. Why do they fight so much for books of lesser quality and diversity when they have so many books that already do it?

And why, whenever someone says they read comics, is there a bunch of people eager to test your knowledge in capes? I can spend my life reading more comics than you and never open a cape book in my life. There's even a chance i could have better discussions with how diverse m'y books are in content.

Indie books are ignored as if they don't exist.

It's that bitch from Austin that cosplays Marceline, she got a wedding choker instead of a wedding ring and she's raising another woman's daughter.
A total cuckquean.

when did you realize that you're so ugly the only reason a woman would ever date you is for the money you don't even have?

>Tell me that over the course of the last decade women and sjw's haven't infiltrated the medium and that concession after concession hasn't been made to keep them happy
Sjw's haven't infiltrated cartoons. Society is seeing more progressive values so naturally animation has reflected this, which is why we'll seeing more interracial couples and lgbt+ bullshit, but that's natural. We'll never get something like Gen Zed or a cartoon preaching Xi Xe Xir Xum the smell of a White Privileged CIS scum! or anything like that, cartoons will be fine.

>Tell me that the greats of the industry haven't jumped shit because of the complete and utter betrayal of their fanbases and their stifling of creative freedom
I don't know about jump ship, but the whole creation of 'Fandoms' has driven creators from their audiences pretty fast, don't fret over it though because fandoms are faggy. Even the SU people don't like their fans.

>Tell me that comics aren't trying to push 'progressive' agendas with homosexuals and transgenders
Marvels just gonna be kinda faggy now because that's the popular trend right now. In the 60's and 70's there were 'Blaxploitation' movies pandering to black people because Civil Rights were winning. Once the whole Nu-Civil rights things dies down and trannies are no longer special the push will dye down, or sooner once they realize sales or dying and they need to tell real stories for once.

I'm gay, but nice try cumbucket.

>I'm gay
It shows.

>How do you know it's trite shit without reading it?
Yeah I want to know that too, so I can know in advanced not to read it.
I mean, I KNOW that comics are shit. But I had to read them to know that.
Where does her fortune telling shit-detector come from?