Best modern day military

What country does pol think has the best military? Not really caring about numbers, but rather quality of training and equipment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mx2UpGG4JEU
popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a18331/russias-military-tech/
thecommonsenseshow.com/2015/11/30/america-has-no-answer-for-russias-new-super-weapons/
defensesystems.com/articles/2016/02/12/russia-ew-capabilities-widening.aspx
nationalinterest.org/blog/russias-deadly-s-500-air-defense-system-ready-war-660000-16028
tldm.org/News22/RussiasShkvalRocketTorpedoIs3To4TimesFasterThanAnythingElse.htm
warisboring.com/russias-stealth-fighter-could-outfly-outshoot-american-jets-9edbae7da1ee#.r7x6z373c
futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/what-frightened-the-uss-donald-cook-so-much-in-the-black-sea/
youtube.com/watch?v=nHlwjo8EIfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Per capita
Israel
>in general
USA

America.
But if Hitler won the war, Germany would be extraordinary technically advanced.

I agree, not to mention how we would have excelled in science and medicine as well

Indeed.

>quality, not numbers
>merica
Just lol

USA

It's so far and away us that it isn't even a contest.

>fleeing from emu talks trash about US military quality

lmao in terms of tech we kick everyone's ass too you idiot. You think you're more advanced?

I'd have to say USA but i'm sure Russia would be up there too

I'm saying that American soldiers are shit tier

>Australian says this

You're fucking deluded and ignorant.

Remember rhodesia, remember the best soldiers of modern times
youtube.com/watch?v=mx2UpGG4JEU

>deluded and ignorantt
>Coming from americunt

Can't really out it that simply OP. Best in what area?

There is no best overall since the top 2 cannot defeat each other without taking the whole world with them atm (USA and Russia). There is no way one can invade and hold the other.

The rest of the world is shit.

Russia and USA have best equipment in the areas they have chosen to develop most based on their geostrategic goals a.k.a. Russia has absolute tech superiority in AA, hypersonic anti-ship missiles the US doesn;t develop at all, EW, supercavitating torpedoes, regular torpedoes 4x times faster than anything USA has, off-bore missiles and many others. Here are some links since many westerners are drunk with propaganda and refuse reality (albeit Sup Forums is a bit better educated):

popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a18331/russias-military-tech/
thecommonsenseshow.com/2015/11/30/america-has-no-answer-for-russias-new-super-weapons/
defensesystems.com/articles/2016/02/12/russia-ew-capabilities-widening.aspx
nationalinterest.org/blog/russias-deadly-s-500-air-defense-system-ready-war-660000-16028
tldm.org/News22/RussiasShkvalRocketTorpedoIs3To4TimesFasterThanAnythingElse.htm
warisboring.com/russias-stealth-fighter-could-outfly-outshoot-american-jets-9edbae7da1ee#.r7x6z373c
futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/what-frightened-the-uss-donald-cook-so-much-in-the-black-sea/

inb4 some butthurt US 12 year old tries to meme at me. It is normal to be inferior in fields you do not pursue (like the above) and superior in ones you do (like stealth, carriers and the relevant tech, etc.).

Repeat, it is normal to be superior in some areas and inferior in others based on the goals your military is pursuing.

Back to the OP. USA and Russia have the best military in the world, you cannot define it better than that and be objective.

>Australia
>lose to emus
>nogunz
>toy guns are illegal
>need a license to play and own paintball guns
>abo infested wasteland
>everything kills you
>no free speech
>certain video games can get banned for "violence"

What does this have to do with the armed forces?

You just said deluded and ignorant coming from an americunt, you insulted all Americans not just arm forces.

If you think your military is anywhere close to Americas you're fucking stupid.

Holy shit, you really went all out for this, thanks

Yes Americans generally are ignorant about the outside world. I have zero doubt that man for man, we would cuck the shit out of your minimum wage hillbilly soldiers

>2012+4
>not knowing that rangers lead the way
jabroni

My pleasure senpai. I still think Sup Forums should be a place for information and discussion instead of shitposting.

If you want a bit more info on the matter, here goes.

Remember the war in Georgia almost a decade ago? Al;l those pics of reserve Russian troops with mismatching equipment and uniforms looking like a rag tag bunch? Well, Putin saw them too.

Since then, Putin reorganized and modernized the Russian military. I am talking an almost complete overhaul. Soviet corrupt command staff was replaced with young, patriotic and highly educated officers. All branches received new weapons, vehicles and equipment. Barracks were renovated, violence between soldiers was reduced significantly, all veterans have guaranteed apartments and pensions for their families now, etc. so they are highly motivated.

Pic related is from Crimea where we saw fast acting professional soldiers with cutting edge equipment.

tl;dr: "Russia has shitty military" is a meme by trolls and overly patriotic idiots.

>that unironed flag

hard to say really
The United States military have some soldiers that are fucking huge beyond the point of evening being human. But I would say the average US soldier/marine is just as physically fit as any canadian or european soldier. Now it comes over to quantity > quality. You can have 100 insanely trained men put against 10,000 mediocre men and they would lose. Now thats what the United States would be, a huge military with thousands of troops thrown at the same physically fit and trained army, but since their is more of them they would win. Its the same reason why the Russians did so good on the eastern front, because the Russian Military would throw troops at the germans at such great quantities

>not knowing marines are first on the field and last to leave
>semper fi

Amerifat soldiers are useless for anything but calling air support, their hardware is ridiculously overrated and overpriced as well. Only thing they exceed at are sheer numbers of everything.

Let's just forget about Vietnam aye?

Thats interesting asf, I always did think the russians were one of the best but I never knew it was only from so recent

Rhodesians had more important things to do then ironing flags
youtube.com/watch?v=nHlwjo8EIfA

Lol, my uncle told me all about the American """soldiers""" in Vietnam

Thank you.

If you look at regular soldiers(no specops or any of that bullshit)and their equipment and training, they SUCK compared to soldiers from more advanced countries like pretty much every country in northwestern Europe and the anglo countries.

Well they were very good during the Cold War as well, but it all went to shit after the USSR broke up in 1990.

The next two decades were really hard for the Russian military, they had very few innovations implemented (despite their engineers coming up with them, there was simply no money to use them), there are pics of fields of vehicles just rusting and getting rekt by the elements that would make you cry. Pic related, there were dozens of soviet era subs just rusting to death in graveyards. Sad af.

Putin fixed most of it in the last 10 years.

half of those people were drafted hippies who tried to kill their CO's. Truly a disgrace to the US

USA without a doubt, a shame they dont put it to better use.

Think before you comment; who gave you that equipment?

Most of our men in Vietnam were conscripted as well

Would you prefer an endless supply of that burger for life or on demand sex with that girl for life?

Be honest.

You can thank our shitty politicians and corrupt leadership.

>posts a pic with foreign soldiers clearly displaying special operation patches
sure

Burgers mate, would make a chain restaurant with my endless supply with cheaper burgers than McDs while much higher quality, then be rich and get all the girls like that I'd want.

Ignore the pic. I just picked something I had on my computer. What I said is still valid.

That is sad. I have a lot more respect for putin now, militarily anyway

Israel

i agree

Without rules of engagement, Vietnam War would have lasted 15 minutes.

Same goes for every "conflict" since Nagasaki.

Notice that once upon a time terrorist suicide bombers were unstoppable.

We used to call them "kamikazes."

Now Japan is tamer than Belgium.

I mostly agree, he also raised soldiers and officers salaries multiple times, making military career very attractive to young strong men. But I doubt that most of Russian army looks like picrelated. Those are just the best trained and equipped troops, unlike the rest of Russian non-contract army.

Also if we put nukes aside we should consider pic related.

all it comes down to is money, not like we're sayn merrica "ubermensch"

>but rather quality of training and equipment.
Who cares? Not a single war in human history was won by training and equipment.

The IRA

I would go as fart to say that all of your armed forces couldnt take over a block in South Chi or Bompton or Norf Tulsa.

Aye. Take ISIS for example, if the gloves came off and a total war scenario came to the front there would be nothing left of any settlement larger than 2 people sitting on rocks inside of 24h.

Of course. There is a lot to be done still.

our specops are larger than most countries whole militaries though so your point is retarded

also our shit tier infantry are disposable and could still obliterate just about anything on earth assuming no rules of engagement (other than no WMD) what the fuck would any european country do against 100,000 retarded rape crazed 19 year old americans armed with M249s and grenades? die horribly

lol

the allied troops in the desert were more afraid of us than the terrorists

>Equipment, vehicles, weapons, logistics, and sheer numbers
USA, by lightyears. Literally the definition of OP as fuck.

>Quality of support troops
A toss up between US/UK

>Quality of combat troops
Probably Israel, maybe the Chinese.

Well, the United States will have ship-mounted railguns that can pierce anything, plane-mounted lasers which also burn away your vision in an instant, and infantry-mounted smart grenade launchers that can kill you behind cover.
Along with superior infantry armor, AI-controlled jet fighters that can react faster than humans and pull more Gs, and AI-controlled missile defense which is essentially perfect.
Plus we've been fighting pretty constant wars for over two hundred years now.
It's not even a contest.

Thank God for the Constitution.

What are these places? Never heard of them.

Read the OP, Tyrone.
>Not really caring about numbers, but rather quality of training and equipment.

You are mostly right, but Ratnik kit is to be produced en-masse. So most of the soldiers eventually will be Ratnik-equipped.

As for Armata - some say prescription solider is not well suited for it, but we will see.

Pic related - 100th Su-34.

The marines alone could conquer that barren shit hole you call a country

Ivan, that color is terrible.

USA
what a stupid thread, you could at least have said "besides the USA"

if so then ether south korea or japan

I'm seriously unironically considering joining the french foreign legion
talk me out of it

Sorry
>South Chicago
>Bompton (compton)
>North Tulsa

Its not painted yet, Swen. It first goes for industry trials( literally can it take off and land without exploding) and then, after all is signed - goes to painting.

Btw is this true that Ukraine is getting a "gift" for Independence day from Russia? Not really thread related, just wondering

kek
anyone who ever deployed alongside american soldiers will tell you just how incompetent and reliant on their tech they are. Take away their GPS they will get lost, take away overwhelming aerial superiority and absolute overwhelming Firepower in comparison to their enemy (like in any war with any developed state) and they hove no clue what to do. Just ask some of the ukrainian soldiers who just laughed in the faces of their american instructors, because they had no idea how to fight an evenly matched opponent.

I still hold that the MIG-29 is the sexiest fighter. Dem curves hhhnnnggg.

I was considering going to one of those "fly in a MIG-29!" businesses, but it is kinda expensive.

I personally dont think anything will happen. Vlad just wanted a reason to lower relationship and get away from negotiations with Poroshenko - well, he got it. Now he is more busy with patching budget for the next year.

Hvorfor? Kjempe for og med muslimer? Hva?

if you don't have a good degree then you have nothing to lose, go for it

Nailed it

Thanks for the posts. Very informative. If you have time/motivation, write more.

I personally wait for MiG-35 first flight, it might be something intersting.

Lol nah

I've trained with, gone on exercise with, etc, American infantry. They've got tons of snazzy equipment but their skills and drills are awful. Particularly lazy when compared to the bog standard British infantryman. Just watching them set up a patrol harbour was embarrassing, and they think that's normal. Not to mention the ranger tests which the slowest British paratrooper passed quicker than the fastest American paratrooper when we went against each other.

But it's OK because you've got numbers, logistics and funding sufficient to flop your fat self on top of an enemy until they suffocate.

>mmmph
>mmph
>mphmmph

That's just the undercoat.
Pic is how the last F-22 rolled off the line. I've also seen them painted entirely in the brown color when leaving the production facility.

so what is your argument? you've already ceded that our specops per capita would kill everyone on earth easily, as would our shit tier troops per capita. so you've conceded the whole argument.

europeans can't even police their own streets against muslim youths armed with shivs, you expect to beat retarded american infantry, with body armor and LMG...how?

christ i dont even think european military could beat american civilians in a gunfight, europe has little to no combat experience at all outside of being lackeys in american wars

British soldiers are very well trained and quite well equip. American soldiers are probably not as well trained ( But still to a good degree ) but they have more soldiers and have very good equipment.

IRA with their potato guns

looks like a PCB
fucking disgusting lmao

Sup Forums will still insist that the USA would "curbstomp" Russia, however our own threat analysis and intelligence shows us time and again that Russia's military advances in the last decade have been staggering to say the least. Everyone's heard of the two Ukrainian armoured battalions that were wiped out by 30 seconds of Russian artillery fire after being spotted by a drone - and the Russians are quite ahead in drone technology, also. 15 different drones in the Russian army (we estimate) compared to the two or three in the British army outside SF

Not being a dick but you wont be able to do it unless you have had military experience prior to joining, Plus you wil need to learn french so if your language skills are bad then that will be a problem. I'd honestly recommend the normal army

det norske militæret er noe tull og fremmedlegionen skal vist betale nok så godt
plus det er nok storre kjangse for å få skytt noen negre i legionen enn i det norske forsvar

America. No doubt

>what was rome

Read the OP you slow fucking nigger. Are you all this retarded over there? I'm starting to have second thoughts about moving to burgerland this year.

>using anecdotal evidence like a retard
>implying rangers are our best anyway

Europoors are literally cancer
Fuck NATO

USAF would fucking crush the Russians in a season

I haven't heard of it. Got the link?

>30 years war
>all the build-up of the swedish empire
>the conquest of the Americas
all trivalities of course

notice how the finnish soldier looks """"""white"""""

>what was alexander
>what was sparta
>what was frederick
>what was nearly ever war besides russia

>the war will be over by christmas
where did i hear that before

doesn't seem that way to me lad

>what does NOT matter to join the Legion

>your citizenship (if you are a Brazilian, Indian, Russian, Japanese citizen etc…) doesn’t matter
>your race origin doesn’t matter
>your religion doesn’t matter
>your knowledge / ignorance of the French language doesn’t matter
>your educational background doesn’t matter
>your qualifications doesn’t matter
>your social status doesn’t matter
>your professional status doesn’t matter
>your marriage / marital status or family status doesn’t matter
>your previous military or non-military background doesn’t matter

also learning french through immersion is part of the appeal for me

You buy most of our outdated shit, we help you fix it, and train you to use it... much the same with damn near everyone.

It makes me smile every time I look at it.

>soldiers that are fucking huge beyond the point of evening being human

This is laughable. Being huge does not make an individual a good soldier. Cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance and good skills and drills make an individual a good soldier. Having a weightlifters body is useless and counter productive. Steroid abuse is rife within the US army and they all get forewarning of approaching rug tests and therefore are able to avoid coming up positive, and so the "cycle" continues.

It was in a report from one of our STTTs training Ukrainian artillery. If you google hard enough you might find it, I'll see if I can find it now though I doubt it's anywhere on the surface (i.e. BBC or mainstream news outlets)

Ah, an angsty teen. Go away and pop some zits and maybe Stacey will like you

Anglo forces