First picture of Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

superherohype.com/news/381321-first-look-at-gabriel-luna-as-ghost-rider-in-marvels-agents-of-shield
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ew he's old.

No bike, no GR.

he looks like John Tuturro

Literally crying from happiness, my favorite character finally on screen.

S'alright.

Still don't like how the MCU is breaking apart.

how so?

It will only disappoint me. Would rather see Robbie or any other GR on netflix or a movie. This? Can't wait for Daisy to take him under her wing....

Casual spotted.

we went over this before & during his run

Deal with it, user. GR as a twink in a car never worked.

is Agents of Shield good at all?

With that attitude we'll never get cool Ghost Riders like Devil Rig, Shoba, Shark Rider or T-Rider. We wouldn't even get the slade family.

he looks touched

Nope.

You need someone like good-times Aaron for that, not whatever sjw was making this book.

Stay ignorant and fucking die if you like Aaron over Smith.

>Smith
Who?

Not bad, but I'll reserve judgement for his actual Ghost Rider form.

It's kind of worrisome that this was just as big a surprise to Felipe as it was to the rest of us, so he probably wasn't consulted as to what live-action Robbie will do or say.

Why is he in AoS, goddamn it, it shouldn't have been this way.

Troy and Abed going Ghost Riiiding

AOS insider here. He has known for months.

No white stripe in his hair?

>No bike, no KR.

No horse, no GR

Not my ghost rider

im suprised noones done a ghost rider drive crossover. especially since theres so much crossover material

He's a weaker character than Johnny or Danny and can't even keep a comic above cancellation levels. There's no way this doesn't flop.

Looks alright

>can't even keep a comic above cancellation levels
Like all GRs

Put the Helmet on, never take it off.

Ghost Rider was one of Marvel's biggest characters in the 90's

Especially since...

Hes not getting his own show user

Robbie? Why? I mean Robbie is okay but is pretty bland compared to Johnny.

He better have a cool looking skull/helmet/engineblock face and not just a regular flaming skull

This is what worries me most.

Johnny is connected to the Cage Rage the same way Hal Jordan is connected to Green Bacon Man.

Both are going to be put on adaptation ice for the foreseeable future.

>they didn't give him the gay white hair streak
Pleasantly surprised, desu. He's also not a teen, which should be cool.

That leather looks like the cheap plastic hollywood leather. Couldn't they get a real cow or something?

Otherwise looks good. Can't wait for the helmet.

>no liking Aaron run of GH
Hell even Way ghost rider was better than Smith GR

A casual wouldn't even know who Robbie is.

Yeah.

And the Fantastic Four were Marvel's biggest characters in the 60s. Times change.

Ghost rider run during civil war managed to pass the 25 issues and it was written by Daniel Way, check mate

Can't wait to see how bad the effects are.

The CGI effects in AoS have been pretty good for the last couple of seasons.

I'd say almost to Netflix levels, except used much more sparingly.

Their practical stuff doesn't escape broadcast tv quality, but that's what they are, so.

It got better after they were allowed to use Hydra twist and been great since then.

Agents of SHIELD isn't canon to the MCU and there's some rumors that the netflix shows may be made non-canon to the MCU too.

Citation needed.

>source myss.moe.gov

I think your bait may have been too subtle.

Fucking, Netflix is a distributor.

Shows distributed via Netflix are being produced by same guys who make Agents of Shield.

>I'd say almost to Netflix levels, except used much more sparingly.
Are we watching same shows? AoS does not shy away from CGI, while Netflix has gif related for the most part.

Right, but Netflix also contributes with a more steady money stream, which allows them lots of carefully controlled VFX.

Daredevil had a shitton of them you didn't notice. JJ had a much much lower budget.

>JJ had a much much lower budget.

Nothing in JJ ever looked as bad as the CGI when Stick cut that Yakuza guy's hand off.

I've seen MadTV sketches with more believable limb removals.

Pretty sure they all have the same budget actually. If I remember right, which I might not, the budgets are all 50 million total.

I get that teen actors of decent quality are hard to come by, but christ...
Whatever, it's nice to see Robbie in /something/ again, even if it's not a fucking comic.

Daredevil had backing from DeKnight productions, since Steven DeKnight was showrunner for first season.

And it doesn't excuse your completely off the mark criticism of AoS.

Maybe so, but the Nobu fight had lots of unnoticeable CG.

I don't think any of the Marvel shows have consistently bad CGI (except one or two cases per season).

The Flash and Supergirl have way worse effects, but since they are lighter, they can get away with it without breaking the tone. Darker shows have to be more careful to avoid silliness.

this leaves out Arrow, but they can barely afford actors, kek. Everyone else is playing to their strengths pretty well.

It was $200m for the first wave of defenders (excl. DD S2), but they divide it up how they see fit. JJ and LC will be cheaper for sure.

Can we get a Tryrannosaurus-Rex-with-rocket-fists-flying-on-a-fighter-jet-as-a-skateboard Ghost Rider instead?

Robbie is so overrated it's not even funny. He's just a generic, stoic lead. The only draw was Moore's artwork and the style.

>And it doesn't excuse your completely off the mark criticism of AoS.
What criticism? The only thing I said is that these two seasons were on point for the most part.

Only Lash really stood out to me as weird.

No, Jones had a lower budget due to the fraught production it had. They kind of rushed it out.

There's a reason why the show had almost no action scenes.

>I don't think any of the Marvel shows have consistently bad CGI (except one or two cases per season).

I remember season 1 of AoS having some rough CGI in places, but S2-onward it got a lot better.

Eh, me getting deluded because I am rather protective of AoS since everyobdy just shits on it and there are no real discussions outside of threads when it's on air. It's a Disney thing that is genuinely underrated, it's nuts.

You say that like Way didn't pull numbers

I watched the first few episodes and couldn't stand much more of it.
Like they turned Coulson from his dorky guy who was also really competent at his job into this b--b-b-b-bad to the bone badass, complete with shades and a cool car that he refuses to allow anyone to touch.

And then there was the hot hacker girl who was special for some reason.

It was just too many cliches too fast.

Yeah, first half of the season is pretty bad due to many circumstances. It gets much better.

I think either after Daisy gets shot and they find Kree body either after Ward gets revealed as Hydra it get infinitely better.

It's not underrated. It's legitimately terrible.

EVERYONE acknowledges the series got off to a really rocky start. The series starts getting good at the train episode halfway through the first season. Seasons 2 and 3 were consistently good.

He looks like Slipknot

If it were on Netflix I'd give it another go

Lies. I watched all the way up to the end of series two and it was still god awful.

I'll admit that it settled into its own character rather than just aping the MCU... but that character wound up being unbearably dull and poorly written.

I'd actually argue it got worse. At least when it was finding it's feet I had a small amount of hope.

If it was on Netflix, it wouldn't have had any DVD release.

Hasn't Netflix shown to actually increase DVD sales?
No one buys DVDs blindly anymore.

Isn't AoS on Netflix?

I think he means available for streaming, not that it's a netflix original.

wait that's MCU ?
Didn't even know they wanted to bring GR in, i guess he's got such a bad reputation on screen with the Cage movies

I'm like a season behind is it worth it to catch up?

Fuck someone beat me to the joke.

I think Netflix releases everything on DVD except the Marvel shows.

Wish they'd found someone a little younger, but if he's already in shaven-head mode, I'll assume Eli's presence has fucked with him a bit. The gear itself looks good, but Rider-Mode's skull helmet is needed for full judgement.

Right now I'm trying to keep an open mind on how AoS!Robbie might be different from Comics!Robbie. I still want Gabe to be a factor.

Robbie's actually getting a new book in November, with Felipe Smith and Tradd Moore both coming back to write. So, there's that.

Why does he look middle aged, can Robbie not suffer for once? I'm starting to think he had worse luck than Parker

>Luna revealed that he will perform the flame-headed version of his character, which will be augmented with VFX.

>“...It’s a combination of CG and also some marking on my face so I can do some expressions.”

>Expressions
>Flaming-Skull Helmet didn't do expressions

Classic GR flaming skull incoming.

superherohype.com/news/381321-first-look-at-gabriel-luna-as-ghost-rider-in-marvels-agents-of-shield

They better give him the fucking scars and/or white streak/10

>make the helmet in a fireproof material
>light it on fire
>shoot the scenes

How cool would it be?

The teasers for Robbie mentioned his brother, so I imagine Gabe will be important to his character.

>Arrow can bareley afford actors
What? The cast is pretty impressive especially for a CW show.

Well I mean Robbie Reye's outfit is not that hard to adapt. Any cosplayer could make it

I think that if I see one more nigger in a life-action movie that I will shoot myself.

Agents of Shield is still shit, surprising no one.

The heat would cook his head inside the helmet.

How is it still on air? Who the fuck here keeps watching it?

Hes not lying. Feige said AoS isn't canon and so did one of the actresses. In regards to Netflix they said the movies are canon to the shows but the shows aren't canon to the movies. They don't want children to hear about them and watch them cause Disney is trying to keep it family friendly.

First half of S1 is boring but ends up having some pay off, then it gets watchable and from time to times even fun
The rest is alright, mind you in a kind of Arrow S2 alright (wich means mediocre to good in some moments)

Looks like shit to be honest.

I'm sure you can fit more than that up your ass.

And yet it's still better than most of the movies.

Bye

Like fucking clockwork
wew
o
w

>the gay white hair streak
You know he only had that for 3 issues before he shaved it right?

Just a joke because of the embargo and lack or Merlin as of late.

They still pay him as a regular, so it's not a budget thing.

They better not change it in comics

Who cares. Season 3 and Agent Carter season 2 aren't getting bluray releases so it's not canon.