I still don't understand how Tony took a tank shell to the chest in IM1 yet couldn't handle human fists in CW

I still don't understand how Tony took a tank shell to the chest in IM1 yet couldn't handle human fists in CW

He dodged the tank shell

Didn't the fight ultimately come down to Cap chucking a vibranium shield into Iron Man's power supply?

It was only the shield/Bucky's arm doing any damage
The punches were just disorientating

Didn't he dodge the tank shell?

Cap's pretty much a meta now, those aren't just human fists.

He was shot down by the first one. The real question is how the hell a tank hit him in the air.

Mk3 was built like a tank
Mk46 was built like a Ferrari

I don't actually know, I'm bullshitting out of my butthole

>I still don't understand how Tony took a tank shell
He didn't. It was an anti aircraft weapon ON a tank. The tank shell fired afterward missed.

well it was a Stark tank firing Stark rounds right, so it probably has super science on its side.

The better question is knowing he would be going into a battlefield where his own weapons were in play why didn't the smartest man in the MCU have anti tech countermeasures in his armor?

Reminder that MCU cap lifted a motorcycle with three women on it over his head with no apparent effort

Reminder that he curled an helicopter in mid-flight

Reminder that even his JOGGING speed is seemingly superhumanly fast

This.

I'm not entirely sure the tank was a stark tank.

That said, hitting Tony with only ONE round fired is ridiculously impressive.

>Reminder that he curled an helicopter in mid-flight
Not exactly. It was just taking off.

Maybe the one firing the tank was just that good? We don't know his story.

Could it be?

Literally every movie shows Tony making more and more mobile & lightweight armors, defense is obviously being downgraded to allow that

The MK1 armor moved so slow

This actually makes sense. It also makes sense in that Tony isn't Extremis enhanced as he was in the comic but rather just used Extremis to extract his cardiac arc reactor.

Literally everyone bitchslapped him in CW.
>tfw his ultrafancy armor gets easily squashed by IN SOVIET RUSSIA roboarm

It was an AA rocket. If that isn't satisfactory, it was an anti-personnel round (the tanks were occupying civilian territory, not engaging enemy armor).

Further as others said, MCU Cap and Bucky both have superhuman enhancements, and in the end it was only the shield and roboarm that did any real damage

Power levels are inconsistent

Like Tony's repulsor blast is strong enough to punch a hole through metal and concrete and shit like that, yet Sam Wilson caught one to the chest and lived to tell about it

>Didn't he dodge the tank shell?

When he was on the ground. Tony got shot out of the sky at one point. Although even then, it wasn't exactly a direct hit. He got hit down by the explosion, not the physical contact of the shell itself.

Well that's not even an inconsistency. The repulsor were originally designed for flight, one of the first scenes of Tony experimenting is him adjusting the repulsor power levels.

He turns it up high to punch through concrete and turns it down low when he doesn't want to murder someone.

Repulsors aren't operating on one strength level, he literally uses them as flight stabilizers, how is this not obvious?

>Like Tony's repulsor blast is strong enough to punch a hole through metal and concrete and shit like that, yet Sam Wilson caught one to the chest and lived to tell about it

You saying he or Friday can't alter the settings for repulsor beam intensity on the fly?

It was all stupid and they put very little effort into the whole affair.

Certain tanks can fire missiles from their cannon.

HEADCANON

>a bulletproof robot arm designed for the sole purpose of assassination
>against armor a few millimeters thick at best

YEAH WOW HOW DID THAT HAPPEN

Maybe he didn't want to kill Falcon?

This.
Tony thumped the shit out of Sam, but there's no reason to assume that was a full power shot. It's a safe bet that Tony has his targeting system set up to compensate for soft targets since he hasn't been going around killing people since the first Iron Man film.

>defense is obviously being downgraded to allow that

yeah nah, he stopped a bullet at point blank with his portable mech gauntlet which was thin as paper, it was even in the same movie.

You really don't have a great grasp of physics.

It was a flak
Also Cap punches with enough force to go through reinforced concrete

>headcannon
Usually is called gun turret

found the Sup Forumsntrarian

a direct hit is not only implausible but unnecessary, since AA shells are fitted with a proximity fuze, and the damage is done by the cloud of frag spread by the explosive. the frag is small and only designed to pierce lightweight aluminum, iron mans armor is made of a highly resistant and rigid material that would easily catch the frag, since the strongest thing that it is shown taking a direct hit from is a 20mm cannon

Because Civil War was as bad as AoU with a gray coat of paint that made people think it was smart.
They screened it at my college tonight and I couldn't believe people were excited.

And cap can overpower spider-man.
And he can stop the iron man armor mid-flight with one hand.

BUUUULLLLSHIIIIIT

>Power levels are inconsistent

They sure are.
Remember when we see spider-man stop a speeding car before it hits a bus?
Don't think cap can do that.

But he CAN overpower spider-man in a tug of war somehow

An argument can be made that Cap used the webs as leverage.

It's capeshit

Don't put too much thought into it

How so?
He was holding one end. Spider-man was holding the other.
How is that leverage? Moreover, how is that enough leverage to overpower a guy strong enough stop a car dead in the space of a foot or two?

Not to mention he's easily strong enough to stop the winter soldier's metal arm while cap just gets his shit pushed around by it

Spiderman was inexperienced. And even then cap had to trap him to stop him

lol please explain what this has to do with experience.

It's a straight forward contest of strength and somehow cap overpowers him

Cause Cap is from Brooklyn

>Don't think cap can do that.

Pretty sure he was pulling back a helicopter from taking off with one arm in that very same movie.

Spidey wasn't expecting him to do flips and didn't react in time 'cause he's inexperienced.

SUPERhuman fists.

But also, Tony's new suits being compared to a Ferrari is accurate, I think. He still would have won if wasn't for him not to kill Cap and that damn cliche at the end.

Tony uses Hulkbuster at airport fight

movie is over in 4 minutes

Im just offended that they didnt even attempt to explain it

reactive armor blows and chinks away while a man can just super human punch against the weaker gyro/pistons and hurt the occupant is the idea I think

there was several things about super durable beings having weak internal organs and seismic weapons were effective to some degree

He twisted the webbing around himself when he flip.

Nah, Veronica was designed to stop the Hulk, not anything else.

He could handle. He couldn't handle the metal arm and vibranium shield punching him so fast he could barely react tho.

Also, for several reasons. Mk3 was more resistant, less techy. Also Tony gets severely injured inside the armor if he gets thrown , which Cap was doing a lot.

If it wasn't for the shield, Tony would have won the moment he analysed Caps fighting pattern.

Because you can't stop America.

1) Cap's fairly stronk
2) Fucking Vibranium.

Because the MCU is poorly written

I can already hear people typing out how shit the DCEU is in response to this post

Because it's marvel and marvel can do no wrong

>Tony would have won the moment he analysed Caps fighting pattern.

He should have done that from the start and he would have won

Y'all motherfuckers just do not understand, his name is Captain America. He is powered by FUCK YEA

How did Rhodey not die from falling hundreds of feet in a metal suit to the ground?

Fuck getting Oracle'd, that's the real bullshit.

>Antman hits Hulkbuster with shrinking boomerang
>steps on it
"I thought it was a water truck"

>If it wasn't for the shield, Tony would have won the moment he analysed Caps fighting pattern.
This.

He wasn't thinking straight and only thought about it when he was clearly getting overwhelmed by Cap's flurry of punches.

D
I
S
N
E
Y

Not that i found that significantly more believable, but i think the iron man armor has a lot more punch to it than a chopper

And what good would that do? Now you've just got a hulkbuster that you can't see. stepping on it would not so much as scratch the paint
Good work atman.

And yet he's easily overpowered by the winter soldier while spider-man can hold him and have a conversation about it.

Makes sense

Dude, there's SO much more force from a 2 ton vehicle moving at high speed than a chopper trying to take off.
Physics. Mass times acceleration and all that?

I don't think you remember the scene.
Spidey webs him, holds him and then cap pulls him in and then does a flip (apparently because turning your body in the air somehow gives you more power than two feet planted on the ground) ans spidey goes FLYING.

I mean rationalize it any way you want. Basically cap's strength is incredibly variable.
Which is why he gets his shit tossed around by the winter soldier's metal arm and yet is fully capable of grappling close quarters with ultron, a guy who can knock thor on his ass

....What the fuck kind of logic is this?
It can keep up with the hulk in speed and power but somehow wouldn't be effective against lesser enemies?
Do explain

Hey, people fall out of plains and survive it. At least rhodey had iron man armor between him and the ground.
I buy it

inertia dampeners, that's why the armours an fly at the speed of a jet without killing the dudes inside. Note that this just is my headcanon, nothing in the MCU to confirm this, as far as I know

>Reminder that even his JOGGING speed is seemingly superhumanly fast
No, just that he can maintain high speeds for longer. He doesn't seem to be superhumanly fast, just superhuman in endurance.

Comic books.

There, I explained it.

CGI armor doesn't do as well.

Because Tony doesn't go around blasting his friends at lethal power settings.

Hulk's a rampaging beast that just comes swinging at you pounding which ever way he can.

A smarter group of enemies with different skills could conceivably come up with ways to incompasitate or off line the armor.

Tony's armors have never been about one size fits all situations.

>why wouldnt this armor designed exclusivly to 1v1 a rampaging Hulk work against a team with a telekinetic nut job, a fast flyer with projectiles, a shrinking and growing man, a long range bowman with trick arrows, and two super soldiers?

Simple. He was featured in a Cap movie. The guest stars always job to the main heroes and villains.

At least it wasn't the MK42. That armor was shit. Tony would trip on something and the suit would power down completely.

>
>Could it be?

Ooooh, I like this theory.

Did Scott just bring one of Cassie's toy trucks with him or did he shrink down a truck from the airport?

One from the airport I guess, considering the fireball of death

Hulkbuster was probably still under repair, considering Tony stopped right after Age of Ultron with his Ironman antics.

Ssssshhhhh! Don't point out the bullshit...

What's the psig of the Iron Man armor? Cap might've been faster, but if Tony could just successfully grab his wrists it'd be over.

Then again, if MMA has proven anything, nobody wants to see dudes grappling. Kung-Fu bullshit only...

Er, wut?

I actually hate this scene, it already looks silly, but is going to age like shit.

Sorry, intended for...

Because movieverse Cap is more like Ult Cap in capability than 616 Cap. He hits like a speeding vehicle.

That said, the only things that actually damaged Tony's suit were Bucky's arm and Cap's shield, both of which are not flesh and blood.

>Then again, if MMA has proven anything, nobody wants to see dudes grappling. Kung-Fu bullshit only...

Sorry, but it doesn't really matter how realistic grappling is, it almost invariably ends up looking like the two men are about to start tonguing each others asses. It's not fun to watch.

This is why Black Widow gets all the grappling moves. It doesn't look gay when she's doing it. Unless she's doing it with another woman, in which case it looks like the kind of gay that sells tickets.

Which means the Black Widow movie needs to end with her grappling with Madame Hydra.

Because grappling is lame and that's all MMA fighters do. Every fight is the same shit.

Cap was fighting with the power of gay love. gay love for the Winter Soldier/Bucky.

You mean the Black Widow movie that will never happen?

Maybe Captain Marvel will end with her grappling, I dunno, Nebula or someone.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that someome channeling the muhparentsforce lost against gay love. This changes everything

>Because grappling is lame and that's all MMA fighters do. Every fight is the same shit.

If it works, it works, that's the entire nature of fighting. Comics and other fictional media seem to have imprinted in the minds of viewers that throwing a couple of straights, elbows, and doing a couple of roundhouses is the extent of how a fight should be resolved, but that's because they generally go for flash, and that most artists and writers are fucking shit when it comes to depicting fights.

Boo hoo no one wants to see men in tights grappling

Yeah. MMA fighters can do whatever is necessary and legal to fight. But that won't make it not boring/uncomfortable to some compared to say boxing or fake wrestling.