Hey Sup Forums, I am wondering what your opinions are on ADHD meds?

Hey Sup Forums, I am wondering what your opinions are on ADHD meds?

Ignoring your question, just came here to steal your image and send to my buddy

will irreversibly fuck up your brain. probably

They help, but are actually addictive like all psychological drugs used. This is actually a major current problem in psychology as half of the board that wrote and created the DSM-5 have massive shares and own drug companies.

AUTISM -- many such cases!

Ok, so what conditions should you use them? Me and my doctor are discussing using them. Nothing specifically yet, just the idea

The only alternative is nicotine.

I'm 22 year old, work in a Big 4 in audit, and take ritalin everyday.

The truth is, meds really work.

What do they do to you in particular?

you mean speed?
I was taking it every week for like a month
I mean it's fun but that's hard drugs so better not joke with that shit
and never EVER touch meth and bath salts (MDPV and so forth, mephedrone is ok actually)

Why not take up sport, you'll get the attention you crave, and a chance to blow off steam

Don't believe the Jew lies, ADHD isn't a real fucking thing

Good for marathon automobile trips.

SYOT

Vyvanse bro, two hour high, 10 hours of getting shit done.

ADHD is a scam. I was "diagnosed" with ADD and instad of giving me tranquilizers my parents told me to work harder because I was in disadvantadge. Seven years later I graduated highschool with a 8/10 average grade (with a 10 in two subjects).

I've had classmates whose parents took the easy way out and were drugged. They were quiet in class, yes, and their grades were a bit better, but you should have seen them; they were zombies. They zoned out and stared into the blackboard. To this day none of them has had a successful academuc career. This is because theese pills are tranquilizers that make you quiet, so you do not disturb, but not more efficient. Another thing to bear in mind is what happens once you run out of pills? The 'improvement' is not real, you become dependant and as such you are rendered useless without them.

From my experience and what I have seen, I tell you to stay away from that shit and make an effort OP, it is hard and takes time, but you can master your mind, you can cincentrate.

You're considerably more attentive, focused and motivated.

Also, it gives you some mild feeling of euphoria, the same that you get when you accomplish something.

>This is because theese pills are tranquilizers that make you quiet
You're talking out of your ass arab bro, shit like ritalin is the totally opposite of a tranquilizer, see

I was put on them as a kid by my mother until my father essentially kidnapped me and stopped her. I felt fucked up for a pretty long time afterward maybe 2-3 years but I'm ok now. Who knows really since I don't know if I'd be any different had I not taken them.
This is what worked for me. Turns out young boys aren't meant to be crammed in a chair all day at school and not allowed to play sports because your dumbass single mother is afraid you'll get hurt.

Hmm, maybe I'll try for 2 or 3 months. I really hate sports, but maybe.

terrible fucking idea

Meth, basically

>You're considerably more attentive, focused and motivated.
I don't think children should be forced to take these medications, but many adults with ADHD stand to benefit from them and their brain won't be impacted as much since it is fully grown.

Doesn't the male brain stop at 25? I'm under that age, but not being forced? Wise to wait?

for some people they are really good. a friend of mine has ADHD and says it really helps him. the problem is they get prescribed far too often.
kid doesnt listen like a well trained dog? give him meds.
kid doesnt go to bad exactly when the parents say? must be ADHD, give him meds.
he screams around because there is an awesome toy you wont buy him? sure, give him meds

Mine is different. I have trouble with reading and focusing on stuff like studying or what someone is saying to me. I have to ask people to repeat stuff multiple times so I can focus on it

It's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

I used to take them, they had little effect on me (tried 2 types), side effects were too annoying to continue.
ADHD was a fucking meme to me, I couldnt keep my concentration at school or work because I had no motivation or because it was too easy. Shit that I had to do just wasn't meant for me.
If you're having problems at school, you just gotta hold on and do the minimum for what you want to achieve. If you're having problems at work, change work. Or in all cases, find something healthy to grab your full attention and burn some energy in your free time (protip: sport).
Internet and video games are also a trap to us. You're very likely to become addicted to them because it's the easiest solution to many problems of ADHD, but an addiction will ruin your life (almost ruined mine, or ruined part of it i guess)

i also got prescribed ritalin but i stopped using it after i discovered cannabis when i was 16 then i totally stopped using them and only use small doses of cannabis a day which helps quite well and makes me feel normal

Buddy trust me, they aren't tranquilizers that they give

I love em. Im prescribed adderal at 25, and it's a helluva fun bit to abuse. Fuck consequences and potential damage. I love the godlike feeling of excellence.

It even effects me in non work situations, like playing vidya.

I take them and I know I will never be working at 100% without them ever again.

I was on 40mg vyvanse daily, then I stopped when school let out for summer. For about 2 months I experienced severe depersonalization, depression, and anhedonia. It was not worth the extra productivity at all. Additionally, while I was on it the previous semester, I would smoke weed on it fairly regularly and actually developed psychosis. (Full disclosure, it was kind of fun, but I wouldn't do it again). I would suggest looking into nootropics, not the crazy research chemicals but certain herbs that can help you. And exercise.

Crutch for a fake disease for children that weren't beaten enough.

Check out Neurofeedback Therapy, specifically the initial QEEG brain map done during the assessment. ADHD can be diagnosed at the organic level with this testing, if you really have it. There has also been enough research done to determine exactly what medication should be used based on the area of the brain where the ADHD manifests.
I have a son who was diagnosed this way who is also autistic and he used to have a severe speech delay. In the last year, with medication, clinical therapy and neurofeedback therapy, his quality of life has improved drastically. His speech and over all cognitive ability has improved from about a 3yo level to a 6yo level just in the last year. He had his first QEEG brain map done in July 2015.