Post an image of a Simpsons moment that you feel perfectly represents its golden age

Post an image of a Simpsons moment that you feel perfectly represents its golden age

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a0xd7VH_tjk
dawolfey.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/dont-cry-for-me-im-already-dead-by-rebecca-sugar/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He could still make it.

"I really tried this time! I really tried! This is as good as I can do, and I still failed!"

Overrated episode.

>Something posted.

>Not good.

you are so beautiful, to me....

>What was it?

>"Post an image of a Simpsons moment."

Bullshit, it's a great episode.

"Big shoes to fill"

>Nowadays the gag would have Family Shit on the couch

>No, that's okay

Yeah, overrated doesn't necessarily mean bad.
I like it but I don't think it's anything close to how much praise it gets.

>"represents its golden age"

This episode hit too close to home

>They're implying you're not good anymore!

Your a faggot

Reply.

"I didn't think I was rehabilitated, but I guess they needed the extra bed."

"I'll get you beer baron"
"Noo you won't"
"...yes I will"
"won't"

It's a simple scene, but I love it

Anywho, do the Simpsons still do musical bits... I means apart from putting in pop songs for the intro

>season 11
>golden age

"GOLDEN AGE"? HOW DARE YOU!?

I'll have you know we've got Amy Schumer guest starring as the voice of Mr. Burn's mother in the Season 28 premiere!

We're just getting our second wind! You'll see! You'll all see!!

>Amy Schumer
I could only be less disappointed if it was... what's that girl's name... was on the daily show, somehow got her own show despite being one of the weakest parts of that show

Samantha Bee? I think they're saving her for Season 29

That's the one
I mean, The Daily Show didn't really stand out for the coanchors or whatever they were called, but she was the worst of a bad bunch

A great choice.

>one half has a bite mark
>other half doesn't

Pic related.

He got halfway through a bite.

DENTAL PLAN

siivagunner_alternate_universes.jpg

Man it's been so long since I've seen this unedited, I forgot how heartwarming this actually is.

youtube.com/watch?v=a0xd7VH_tjk

This, a million times this. It exactly represents the golden age, it's something that would never happen today. A comedic character like homer just calmly thinking about life

Damn some of these images are making me fucking sad. Not because of the great writing and heart they had. But what the show turned into.

Is it any good?
Could be worse could be the black chick and it could be even worse than that.
It could be Larry Whilmore.

>Is it any good?

I have no idea. You know how it's always said don't mix meds and booze? I take some medication that, when combined with booze in any capacity, causes some 100% fatal disease. Haven't had a drop in years, which I kind of miss.

Like this medication is all
>take pill in the morning
>have one beer for dinner
>dead
so I don't want to risk it.

>literally simpsons jumping the gorge (shark)

woah, it's a homer does something crazy episode

I know you guys going to kill me and call me "Underage" faggot.

But, I thought that guy was greg from steven universe for a minute.

I'm pretty sure Rebecca Sugar's style was highly influenced by The Simpsons.

Lisa needs braces!

Rebecca sugar was influenced by every media, just look at her show.
Can't go a frame without referencing some sort of material

>Burns

You need to get your eyes checked, user.
That's clearly Mr. Snrub

Jesus, user. What the hell kind of medication is that?

>a young white girl consorting with an old black man
Liberal propaganda

Beetus meds. Not bad enough where I need to take insulin, but it's a pill that's supposed to help control...something or other in my body, I don't remember anymore.

She's yellow.

its true that rebecca sugar is heavily influenced by the simpsons

she drew that one comic with the two brothers who loved to talk to each other in simpsons references

dawolfey.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/dont-cry-for-me-im-already-dead-by-rebecca-sugar/

this one

Its pretty nice

underrated post

Oh shit that was her?

>The Bart, The!

I really hate this episode. I know Sup Forums has a boner for it and I've never really understood why.

Season 7 was when the series began to show serious signs of fatigue. As far as I'm concerned, 8 is the last one actually worth watching for the most part.

Stuff that bothered me about Mother Simpson was the fact that it just seemed a little too absurd.

For comparison... the idea of Homer having a long lost brother who is incredibly wealthy isn't too nuts and is a format for a number of issues of brotherhood.

But bringing back Homer's mother using the reason that she's on the run from Mr. Burns and is caught in a ridiculous situation where she can't be with her family almost just seems cruel.

There are so many better ways to write about an absent family member - this just felt contrived for the sake of needing the mother to come back and disappear again. Never mind how terribly it treats Abe... the man who actually raised Homer.

I also happen to think it's a pretty poor episode in general.

tldr; one of the moments that The Simpsons stops being about a typical blue-collar suburban family and now has a family member secretly hiding from the law because of some absurd crime.

Feel free to shoot me down for my terrible opinion.

I've got to add that I know Simpsons is almost always absurd... but I don't think it's at its best when those things literally rewrite the dynamics of the family... the monorail for example - is a fun distraction - but it doesn't actually permanently make Homer a monorail conductor or make us reconsider his relationship to Marge.

When they could pull off references and dark humour without it being Family Guy teir

what i wouldnt give to be the goat

The only problem I had with Mother Simpson was the pacing was too fast, no real moments to breath, it should of been a two parter

That's it. I cannot work under these conditions.

Stealing this, thanks user.

>just now realize Springfield must be west of the Mississippi considering its proximity to deserts and mesas

This by far, this is what I first thought of.

Did you watched it in english? I watched it
as a dubbed version as a child and thought the same. I was wrong.

And that horrible act of child abuse became one of our most beloved running gags.

This is so ugly. Jesus christ. She can ruin everything.

Something about that ending always really gets me. I think it's a combination of the music and scenery, and how Homer could be such a well-written and relatable character back then.

>Look up the scene on Youtube.
>Copyright 1995.

21 years ago, Jesus Christ.