What's Sup Forumss opinion on phineas and ferb? Worth a watch?

What's Sup Forumss opinion on phineas and ferb? Worth a watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQSrQSDYZ6A
youtube.com/watch?v=_lqNlE3ywQs
youtube.com/watch?v=cA_SJhc1ebo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Give it a shot, yeah. The writing is incredibly clever and snappy.

its got 222 episodes
so i'd say give seasons 1 and 2 a shot and skip the rest
no i've never watched it

The early episodes are best, while the show is mostly about Candace and her slow descent into madness.

I don't particularly enjoy the musical bits in every episode. But the writing is very good.

It's a great show that ended too early. It's made by some of the original Simpsons guys and it is well thought out and funny.

It's damn good. It is incredibly formulaic, but it makes use of its formula to the fullest extent.

>ended too early.
Dude there are over 200 episodes.

The show started out good but get's boring later on.

I always saw glimpses of it and thought it was retarded, but lately I've been actually watching it and I find it to be quite enjoyable and sometimes pretty funny

So...yeah sure go ahead

I was good at first, but it got repetitive and too predictable too fast.

This. it's probably one of the hardest shows to get attracted to since it seems so terrible at first glance. probably one of the worst-promoted shows ever but it's an uphill battle sinc eit's hard to explain and the art is so stupid

>I always saw glimpses of it and thought it was retarded
That's what i always thought of it when it was airing. Would see my sister watching it and thought it was shit. Guess ill download the first few seasons and go from there.

The last couple years felt pretty forced, especially the shitty crossovers
I didn't mind the movie though

>I don't particularly enjoy the musical bits in every episode
Some of them were fucking great though!

It's funny you say that too, because for a while the show was phenomenally popular. It was everywhere for a few years.

Either Disney figured out how to promote it eventually, or the show is just that goddamn good that it became popular despite the advertising.

It get's formulaic after a while, the writing is great, but even that won't save you from getting bored.

Hope they don't fuck this up with their new Weird-Al show.

I loved how well it was written.
Also Doof is best dad.

I going to make you into a platypus

Best show ever!

I remember enjoying it a lot whenever I caught it on tv but I haven't watched it in years

Best Women in Childen tv series.

My favorite:
youtube.com/watch?v=HQSrQSDYZ6A
And the third one in the row,

Yes.
Yes, they were.

Intstant classic. Just watched the Mission Marvel crossover, and it's so far beyond any recent actual Marvel cartoons that it's kind of sad. As in, the action in the Phineas and Ferb version was better than the actual Avengers cartoon airing right now.

Reminder that PaF: Second Dimension is one of the best and most deep Disney Movies.

Saying something about their cartoons.

Doof is best character any episode.

Lovely Dana.

A comfortable and clever series.
Though I would have op'ed for a more exciting ending, but still nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=_lqNlE3ywQs

Ferb should've ended up with Gretchen.

....Ohh, MY!

It has a very rigid episode formula and is really good at playing with it. Also, even though it has a starting pitch of "lol brothers torturing their older sister while she tries to bust them," it's amazing how sincere it ended up, especially after the past decade or so of pop culture.

I know the showrunners worked on Family Guy in the past, it's like they were trying to make the opposite.

To be fair, it had a "holy shit Disney Channel actually has cartoons again" boost. I also got the impression Disney was using it as a marketing linchpin, but maybe it succeeded so hard on its own it just felt like it (and isn't that the best marketing of all?).

>Hope they don't fuck this up with their new Weird-Al show

The only way they could fuck that up would be if Nick or CN snuck onto the writing staff to sabotage it.

Every episode follows the same formula, but it's very well written and plays with the formula well. It's very good but you'll probably get tired of it before the end. Watch the first few seasons.

Why fix a 16yr to 18yr with a seemingly 12yr?
I'd preferred she had stayed witj what's his name.

>Thanks for the abominable ending Sup Forums

It's a lot of fun and the writing stays thoroughly entertaining all the way throughout. It has no clear drop off point quality wise but the show is extremely repetitive (by designe) and the songs get really annoying and usually have the depth of an ad jingle or are just a parody of an old pop song. In general I'd say it's pretty solid but not worth binge watching.
Pic unrelated.

Your thoughts and views are bad, and they bring great shame to you and your family.

Sorry, but younger males with older females has always been a kinda eww thing to me.

You prefer she got with someone, whom you didn't even bother to remember his name?
This is exactly the reason why she ended up with Ferb.

Yes absolutely.

It's got some of the funniest writing in a kids show from the last decade.
The characterisation is a bit slow at start with Doof and Candace being the main stars but by the end everyone's fun to watch. Don't expect to grow attach to the two mains for a while though.

As for the structure, it is formulaic but I wouldn't say it was repetitive. It's main shtick is that they've got a rigid structure to an episode that they'll kick about for humour and in-jokes.

The more you watch the funnier it gets so make sure you watch a good handful before you decide if you want to stick to it. However if you absolutely can't stand formula in any way and need drama, it probably isn't for you.

agree, the precoscious crush clichè is good just for gag.

Is it a societal thing?
Because no one minds if it was the other way round, but me and my gf got a lot of shit for that.
Even my parents advised me to break up and go for same age or younger.

Candace is awesome.

clever writing and nice nods to pop culture references for older audiences
gigantor/10
youtube.com/watch?v=cA_SJhc1ebo

Who's the best girl? Who has the best singing voice?

Vanessa her voice is divine.

The only girl not obsessing about boys.

Where did it go so wrong?

Man, Arin Hansen was a tubby kid.

It's weird. At the height of its popularity, Disney talked about making it their Spongebob. Spin-off starring the Fireside Girls was planned, a theatrical movie was in the works, and then they just completely dropped it. Sporadic episode releases and inconsistent scheduling. Go figure.

If there's anything that needs a wathcing guide its F+P. It's 200+ episodes

It ended pretty much exactly the right time. The end started getting very self-referential, which is funny for a bit but gets very old quickly. You only think it ended too early because it ended just before the downward spiral happened.

If they added another season, it absolutely would have been the worst season in the series. It might have been a bit interesting if they kept Doof at school. Maybe Candace's teacher when they went back to school? but it wouldn't really be the same show. Maybe a "Welcome Back Doofenschmirtz" season focusing on him and Candace? But following the boys at school would have gotten boring very quickly.

>Too early
>4 seasons
>8 years
>200 plus episodes
>Fuck knows how many tv movies

Really should of ended with Summer Belongs to you

Ferb is a pervert?

Ferb just can't control his horny level.

Oh, this is a story about a guy named Al

from what I heard the Doof being a teacher episode was a backdoor pilot for a spinoff, I wish that or the owca files had got a series cause I really liked post villian Doof.

Maybe we'll get to see him one last time in Milo Murphy.

I say it ended around the right time.

Seasons 1-2 were the best, Season 3 was still good, but Season 4 is when I noticed the show was starting to go slightly downhill.

If it had a Season 5, it probably would've gotten worse

The commercials for that show don't seem very promising. Kinda gives of the vibe of those P&F episodes that try to center around the boys instead of Candace.

I'm just hoping that the new series will be just as wonderful, if not more..

>And hope they keep the subliminal / intelligent jokes coming.

I know, it's so damn weird. I was really looking forward to what they were cooking up too.

I'm glad Dan and Swampy knew to fold it when they did, but goddamn I miss the days when this show was the biggest thing and was everywhere.

Those episodes are bad? I honestly enjoy it when they have Phineas and Ferb actually tackle a conflict instead of the writers using Candace as a crutch.

The boys always win. There's no suspense.

Why, are there a lot of episodes not worth watching?

>The boys always win. There's no suspense.
You could say that about ANY character from any series.

It's not IF they're going to win, it's HOW they're going to win.

They usually just walk forward smugly and wait for everything to go in their favor no matter what.

>The movie
>The specials/crossovers
>The various episodes where they're bailed out by Candace, Perry or Isabella.

Plus even if they always win, that's not the point of what I was saying before anyway.
I enjoy the moments when they utilize Phineas and Ferb as actual characters rather than plot devices.

I think it gets better the longer it goes on.

B-b-b-b-but...

not to be hyperbolic but this might actually be the best cartoon ever made

it was certainly the best show of its era, although that might not be saying a lot since it came from an era without many good shows at all

the biggest complaint is it sometimes feels repetitive but that in itself is kind of the joke

also here have some needlessly edgy fan art

>Vanessa and Dana were established as being on the high school swim team together.
>Actually shown to be friends later on.

It was probably just a coincidence and they just grabbed three random background characters plus Lacey for the special, but I like when things like that happen.

Well, they had a variety of BG characters due to the great world building, and were able to do what they wanted without breaking consistency.

>At least one BG pairing went right..

>Sister and friend dismembered
Who would put such a gory police photo in a news article? They'd just put up one of her school photos.

Still disappointed they didn't have the actors mostly use their natural voices for this.

Agreed, it would have been more natural..

>For all of them.

jesus christ, that picture of a decapitated candace bugs me the most, also why would ferb commit suicide?

>also why would ferb commit suicide
It's always the quite ones...

That Buford byline seems out of character.

Personally, I hated this show.
But I've never been autistic enough to write down why I hate the show so much.

>the rollercoaster track over the car

It's really one of those cartoons that lasted longer than it should have.

It doesn't help Disney XD runs this show six to twelve hours a day.

At least it gave Dan and Swampy work.

Still wish they didn't drop Jenny for budget cuts, I enjoyed the holy trinity of these three.

>Just because they didn't want to give Isszy's V.A two paychecks.

Season 4 was tired, but not stale. They didn't just phone it in, they kept trying to make the show good in some new ways, and it mostly payed off. There's a tonal shift between each season, 4 feels like a good next step after 3. It ended at just the right time.

I think if they hadn't shifted over to Milo Murphy, Disney probably would have kept the show going as a series of specials. Season 4 seemed to be making that transition anyway.

Well, Sup Forums will tell you it's great, and I can understand that viewpoint: the jokes, callbacks, musical numbers and such.

But for me I always found it incredibly, annoyingly formulaic with the same story structure used repeatedly, so that about 80% of the series is the same basic plot with mostly static characters. I never particularly liked it and found it overrated. I only got a kick out of the specials and the deviations from the norm.

Moreover, I'm surprised Disney kind of got rid of it after it ended. All the kidcoms get a series repeat in the afternoon for one or two runs before getting dumped at 3 AM. Did they shove it on XD? They did the same with Fish Hooks, but that had no where near the popularity or acclaim.

>Did they shove it on XD?
Yes. They still air a couple reruns a day on Disney XD.

>why would ferb commit suicide?
Guilt is a powerful emotion.

I kinda wish they do this anyway at some point. The specials were always really good.

>Did they shove it on XD? They did the same with Fish Hooks, but that had no where near the popularity or acclaim.

All of their animated shows were shoved there in an attempt to get people to subscribe to it. Phineas and Ferb has a pretty big presence on the network though as they just finished a marathon of every episode and they show several episodes a day.

It's a child's cartoon, and fit only for children.