Atheism

Are non-nihilistic atheists to most deluded demographic in the first world? Literally all of their beliefs from materialism in the brain and finite existence make life objectively pointless. That whole argument about making a better place for others doesn't make sense when the universe will eventually die from entropy so nothing mattered and all ends up being forgotten.It seems like every other counter argument I see just violates their whole beliefs and begins to sound like theism. "We don't know what happens there might be something." I'm just going to say it your beliefs say the brain is made from nothing but cells. These cells function off of nothing more than chemical reactions. There is nothing special about "you."

TL;DR I don't think atheism is stupid just atheism that tries to pretend anything matters is stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

clinical-depression.co.uk/dlp/understanding-depression/all-or-nothing-or-black-and-white-thinking-and-depression/
youtu.be/AO1igh1bQEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No counter points? How sad.

then what is the "point" of a religious life? getting to go to heaven?

The idea of having a point with religion is that a "you" actually exists. Also life would be infinite even if you go to hell making the actions of actually affect something. Think of the whole if a tree falls in the forest and nobody heard it would it have made a sound. I thought I made all of these points very clear, but even then you still haven't said why atheism isn't a subcategory of nihilism. You just tried to change the subject to a connected subject.

Yeah
But even nihilist atheist make fun of atheist that have "morals"

Example
Max Stirner called this out on Marx

Consider the claim moral realists are making. They generally claim there are invisible properties in the world not detectable by our usual tools of science, properties of an entirely different sort than the usual “is” facts of science.
These are mysterious “ought” facts, and there is great disagreement about what they are or how we know them.
Now that is a strong claim.
An extraordinary claim, we might say. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, right?

So what is the atheist’s extraordinary evidence for this claim? Usually, it’s something like this:
“I experience a world of moral facts. I feel very strongly that rape is objectively wrong, and charity is objectively right.”
“Almost everybody believes in moral facts. It’s just obvious. Until you can prove there aren’t any, I’m justified in believing what people have always believed: that some things are really right or wrong.”

Do those arguments look familiar? They should.

Atheists are skeptical of these arguments when given for the existence of God, but they are credulous and gullible toward these arguments when you replace the word ‘God’ with another mysterious thing called ‘moral facts.’

This was brought up by Max Stirner during a debate with Marx and other atheist causing them to have a falling out

actions actually*

lol

I mean that truth seems pretty objective.

>atheism is a bunch of things that I say it is
>I just proved atheism is bad
>atheists BTFO

tilting at windmills.

>I am an active member of the Atheist community
>Atheist community

christianity is literally just the "christian community" atheism is a religion

So atheism isn't the lack of belief in God/gods? So you believe in a soul that continues, but not a god? You believe intelligence goes beyond chemical reactions, but a spiritual diety doesn't exist?If you tell me I just described you I'll back off.

This is like the 15th time I've seen these threads. No one gives a shit. Even if someone gave a shit, it's an utterly pointless and stupid question? If nothing matters why live? If nothing matters, why not live? Equally valid questions with a different answer from everyone. And even if your brain is nothing but a bunch of cells hoping to replicate on a miserable planet, 3 and a half billion years of development to do exactly that isn't what I would call "nothing special". Happy? Satisfied? Enraged? No one gives a fuck.

Are non-atheistic Christians to most deluded demographic in the first world? Literally all of their beliefs from spiritualism in the brain and infinite existence make life subjectively meaningful. That whole argument about making a better place for others doesn't make sense when the universe will never die from mystical realms so everything matters and all ends up being remembered.It seems like every other counter argument I see just violates their whole beliefs and begins to sound like atheism. "We know what happens there is definitely something." I'm just going to say it your beliefs say the brain is made by god. These cells function off of magical god reactions. There is something special about "you."

TL;DR I don't think theism is stupid just theism that tries to pretend everything matters is stupid.

atheism is a lack of belief in gods. nothing less, nothing more. whatever else you attribute to it is simply your projection.

If you didn't give a fuck then why did you reply?
So you believe in a soul that continues, but not a god? You believe intelligence goes beyond chemical reactions, but a spiritual diety doesn't exist?If you tell me I just described you I'll back off.

> Literally all of their beliefs from spiritualism in the brain and infinite existence make life subjectively meaningful.

> That whole argument about making a better place for others doesn't make sense when the universe will never die from mystical realms so everything matters and all ends up being remembered

litteraly what

Your actions actually don't matter in the least.
Muslims take over Europe?
No biggie, God will just punish them after death.
Leftists take over the world?
Blacks literally start to gas white people out of spite
Why even bother?

And by "why bother" I mean why shitpost on Sup Forums instead of joining the monastery.

but the OP makes sense to you? because it doesn't to me. it's one big strawman.

I really wamt to know how what this guy is up to these days. I wonder if he ever made it to Japan.

I believe whatever has the most compelling evidence at the moment. but that's always up for revision as new findings are made.

> are physicists the most deluded demographic in the first world? Literally all of their beliefs from materialism in the brain and finite existence make life objectively pointless. That whole argument about making a better place for others doesn't make sense when the universe will eventually die from entropy so nothing mattered and all ends up being forgotten.It seems like every other counter argument I see just violates their whole beliefs and begins to sound like theism. "We don't know what happens there might be something." I'm just going to say it your beliefs say the brain is made from nothing but atoms. These atoms function off of nothing more than particle physics. There is nothing special about "you."

If you answer your own questions at the start of the thread, and you already have your mind and made up on what atheism is and how it works, why make a fucking thread about it we've all seen before and don't care about?

In addition this whole "I must be remembered forever or else it's not worth anything" is the reason you are struggling with depression:
clinical-depression.co.uk/dlp/understanding-depression/all-or-nothing-or-black-and-white-thinking-and-depression/

What the fuck is an "active member of the atheist community"?

Like what do they do? Do they gather and talk about god not existing? why is being an atheist the defining characteristic of their personality?

That's kind of true.
my "strawman" has the most evidence.
>...makes sense to you? Because to me it doesn't.
See me referring to atheists as deluded.
I was looking to see if somebody could change my mind. Also why did you type that if you don't care.

>see Nietzsche's "true world theory"

I'm not a Nietzschian (Catholic actually--just to get it out of the way) but his concept of a "true world" I think applies here. He tried to apply it to Plato and Christianity but he also applied it to mass collectivist movements (e.g. nationalism, communism, etc.) I think a lot of these types of atheists you mention end up finding purpose in their politics which is probably why there is a trend amongst atheists and liberal politics. Their behavior is only rational in the sense that they're seeking meaning elsewhere other than religion and that can be found in these movements I mentioned, it doesn't necessarily have to be politics.

Check this video out when you have the time.
youtu.be/AO1igh1bQEY

Agree with Brazil bro. Maybe I read it wrong, but it didn't make sense at all.

I wonder how life turned out for the fedora in the OP

Moving to Japan to make crappy pixel art for Basement Dweller Panty Raiders or whatever terrible indieshit him and his fellow shut ins had planned always seemed like a terrible idea.

>true world theory
Their true world theory is nothing but delusions they decided upon. All of their systems that they dedicate themselves to will eventually die, and that makes it futile.

>trend amongst atheists and liberal politics
But there is also trend between christians and cults

sure is alot of book writing going on in this thread.

why do nihilists feel the need to communicate their ideas to a bunch of animated meatbags anyway?

fucking losers

Yeah, except most world religions have dealt with the very issues you bring up, bro.

Catholicism, for example, deals at length with original sin and free will. It also has an incredibly simplistic concept that eradicates all of your points:"faith without works is dead".

When you combine that concept with Augustine's Just War Theory, you essentially have an answer to your post.

You. I like you.

(Seriously, I kek'ed pretty hard)

TWT's are the mind's way of guarding itself from nihilism. I didn't say the TWT was rational in itself, I said their behavior has rationality behind it. They worship science in the same way the theist worships their deity. Scientism is a religion.

>trend between Christians and cults

Cults aren't religions and there's no direct correlation. Go to India and tell me how many cults you find based on Hinduism. There's also a lot of cults based on UFO's, statism itself is a cult. You don't have a point.

I mean't in how they act. You treat a group that is not christians like they are all bad and no one should trust them like you have done to with the atheists.

>I don't understand scale.
American education everyone.

Just because something doesn't particularly matter relative to the entire universe, doesn't mean it doesn't matter at all on the human scale.

also this, moral realists are full of shit.

Yeah sure we can bring up that question too.
Seems pretty hypocritical to me, but let's see if a nihilist can write a book about why you're wrong.

Are you saying that's wrong? Are these actions on my part or other Catholics baseless? Am I supposed to be more tolerant? What's your point here?

No, it doesn't matter on the human scale. The human scale is just a grain of scale on the galatic scale. There is nothing to suggest purpose in the observable. This sounds a lot like some people that are full of shit.

Being at the monastery is work. Literally everything else is a pointless waste of time since it doesn't bring you a bit closer to your real goal, which is going to heaven.
All the time you've spent shitposting at Sup Forums matters about as much as masturbation.
Do you really expect Jesus to stand-up and say "great work bashing Niggers and kikes on that imageboard kid, I will prepare a special place to you right next to me". If you think there is a better way to spend your life as a catholic than being a monk then you are delusional.

Oh nothing it just seems religions now the days are hiveminds. It is wrong because you 74 68 69 6e 6b 20 79 6f 75 20 61 72 65 20 72 69 67 68 74 20 77 68 65 6e 20 79 6f 75 20 61 72 65 20 77 72 6f 6e 67 2e 20 44 65 6c 75 73 69 6f 6e 61 6c 20 61 73 20 61 6c 77 61 79 73 20 63 68 72 69 73 74 66 61 67 2e

OK. Well I'm out.

I don't just want to get into heaven. God is first but the bible says you can be happy. I want to be happy because I'll be sitting somewhere forever to mule over those days spent in this universe(I'm not exactly hopeful on the whole getting into heaven thing).

41 75 74 69 73 6d 20 63 61 6e 20 61 63 74 75 61 6c 6c 79 20 6d 61 6b 65 20 79 6f 75 20 73 6d 61 72 74 65 72 20 74 68 61 6e 20 79 6f 75 20 74 68 69 6e 6b 20 62 61 6b 61 2e

>41 75 74 69 73 6d 20 63 61 6e 20 61 63 74 75 61 6c 6c 79 20 6d 61 6b 65 20 79 6f 75 20 73 6d 61 72 74 65 72 20 74 69 61 6e 20 79 6f 75 20 74 69 69 6e 6b 20 62 61 6b 61 2e

Wow, life really does make sense if all you want it to be trapped for all eternity doing nothing but remembering things that had no meaning or value.
Human life is just a tiny piece of time compared to eternity, it matters less than your morning fap to your entire life. What you are saying is that sitting in an empty room reminiscenting today's masturbation is a perfect way to spend the rest of your life.

44 6f 6e 27 74 20 79 6f 75 20 73 65 65 20 79 6f 75 72 20 64 65 6c 75 73 69 6f 6e 2c 20 63 68 72 69 73 74 69 61 6e 73 3f

>I still don't understand scale
Thanks for proving my point.

Do you think a bacterium sitting on a grain goes, 'oh noes nothing I do will effect the universe in a relevant way, better just stop what I'm doing'

it's what the OP wrote you dumbfuck except from the perspective of an atheist. it doesn't make sense because OP doesn't make sense.

68 6f 77 20 73 6d 61 72 74 20 79 6f 75 20 6a 75 73 74 20 63 6f 70 69 65 64 20 77 68 61 74 20 49 20 73 61 69 64 2e 20

Who says I'll be trapped in a room. Who says I won't exist in the next life free from the laws of this universe as the bible says God created the laws for this universe.
>I gave a cry of astonishment. I saw and thought nothing of the other four Martian monsters; my attention was riveted upon the nearer incident. Simultaneously two other shells burst in the air near the body as the hood twisted round in time to receive, but not in time to dodge, the fourth shell.
This?

there's also a trend among christcucks and liberalism. adopt third world babies, support all religions, give to charity.

problem with most of pol is they get to define themselves and who their enemies are. anyone that doesn't fit their definitions is simply ignored.

Everyone is religious, even "atheists"

>6e 6f 2e 20 6e 6f 77 20 67 6f 20 6b 69 6c 6c 20 79 6f 75 72 73 65 6c 66 2e
You'll never know, user.

Yeah the bacteria might as well stop what he's doing because he will serve no purpose and have no eternal affect. Nice job comparing yourself to a bacterium.
>atheists are still this deluded.

>religious, even "atheists"
61 74 68 65 69 73 74 73 20 61 73 20 6e 6f 20 67 6f 64 20 74 6f 20 62 65 6c 69 65 76 65 20 69 6e 20 64 75 6d 62 20 66 75 63 6b 2e

effect*

If you won't go to Heaven you will exist in Hell which means laws of the universe won't be as bothersome as eternal torment. It's not like the choice is: a) heaven, b)hell, c)fantasy bullshit you just wrote. It's a)Heaven b)Hell c)Purgatory (which means Hell, then Heaven).

>43 68 72 69 73 74 69 61 6e 73 20 61 72 65 20 73 74 69 6c 6c 20 74 68 69 73 20 64 65 6c 75 64 65 64 2e

>Yeah the bacteria might as well stop what he's doing because he will serve no purpose and have no eternal affect.

The same applies to you. Unless you're praying, fasting, doing charity work etc. right now, which you aren't.

>c)fantasy bullshit you just wrote.
54 68 61 74 20 69 73 20 74 68 65 20 61 66 74 65 72 20 6c 69 66 65 20 66 6f 72 20 79 6f 75 2e 20 4d 61 64 65 20 75 70 20 73 68 69 74 2e

>He's so obnoxious and full of himself he thinks using a bacterium in an allegory is somehow belittling.

You don't need an eternal effect.

>fantasy bullshit I just wrote.
Someone hasn't read The Bible.

what are atheists deluded about? you keep saying that as if it proves something

>religious people are deluded

Show me when it says in the Bible that there is anything other than Heaven for good folks and Hell for sinners. Fantasy Bibles like what Moron read and shit like that don't count.

Just because it isn't conducive towards human existence doesn't mean that isn't the way it is.
We could just be an evolutionary Cul-de-sac.

>Show me when it says in the Bible that there is anything other than Heaven for good folks and Hell for sinners
41 66 74 65 72 20 6c 69 66 65 20 69 6e 20 6e 6f 74 20 72 65 61 6c 2e 20 57 65 20 6a 75 73 74 20 64 69 65 20 6f 66 66 2e 20 4e 6f 74 20 65 78 69 73 74 69 6e 67 20 61 66 74 65 72 20 64 65 61 74 68 20 73 6f 20 74 68 61 74 20 74 68 65 20 63 79 63 6c 65 20 6f 66 20 6c 69 66 65 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 70 65 61 74

In the old testament everyone just goes to Sheol.

No, if the bacteria felt happy and actually could feel the effects of his happiness forever then it should be happy, but it can't.
You said a bacteria did something, and I saw pretty objectively that it's stupid. You do the same thing as the mindless organism even though it's pretty clearly a flawed action. I would say in this situation your allegory was belittling.
If I don't understand you, and you're doing this for my sake you are seriously autistic.

Having to put all your posts in the converter sure makes you seem smarter.
Which is the opposite of what that asshat was expecting after death.
You won't feel the effects of happiness from shitposting on Sup Forums tomorrow, let alone for all eternity. Unless you are working towards an eternal life right now, whatever you are doing is as meaningless as that bacteria.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true. Yes I'm an atheist and also a nihilist and I don't see any alternative to this philosophy unless new data is found.

Btw. this doesn't mean that you have to be an ass all day. We are still social beings and we should live according to our programming. It doesn't matter if it means anything or not, your chemistry should guide you and tell you how to behave.

I think it's important to be able to switch between a human perspective and a more hypothetical meta perspective depending on what we want to find out.

>Its pretty clearly a flawed action
How?
What does it do that is flawed?

>seriously autistic
Not really it just shows how ignorant you are for not knowing what I am saying. 63 68 72 69 73 74 66 61 67 20 67 65 74 74 69 6e 67 20 62 75 74 74 20 66 75 63 6b 65 64 20 62 79 20 6c 6f 67 69 63 2e 20 49 74 27 73 20 6f 6b 20 66 6f 72 20 79 6f 75 20 74 6f 20 62 65 20 64 65 6e 73 65

131 157 165 040 163 165 162 145 077

>A person cannot have a purpose unless literally the entire fucking universe has a specific purpose planned out for their species.
Perhaps you are simply incapable of coping with difficult truths, like the one where the observable universe doesn't rotate around you, where purpose is something you have to create for yourself as opposed to being assigned to you. In addition, species survival and improvement is a perfectly reasonable goal since it exists on a scale we can comprehend and work within. Why worry about a universal purpose when we are currently incapable of effecting events on the scale of the very large?

There is no need for pretending that things matter, what really seems to be needed is a reduction in narcissism. Things on a scale that we can actually function in matter, things like self improvement, species survival, conservation of non-renewable resources, etc matter and exist on a scale we can understand. The entire universe on the other hand is unimaginably large, unimaginably old, and will continue on for an unimaginably long period of time.
>There is nothing special about "you".
Of course there is, each individuals perceptions are slightly different, different people have different potentials for self improvement in various attributes. If there were nothing special about anyone, we would be a completely homogenous species with no characteristics differentiating one individual from the next.

My fantasy bullshit is my interpretation of Heaven.

>My fantasy bullshit is my interpretation of Heaven.
102 145 143 141 165 163 145 040 151 164 040 151 163 040 171 157 165 162 040 155 151 156 144 040 155 141 153 151 156 147 040 165 160 040 171 157 165 162 040 164 162 165 164 150 040 167 151 164 150 157 165 164 040 171 157 165 040 147 151 166 151 156 147 040 141 040 143 162 141 160 040 141 142 157 165 164 040 151 164 056 040 104 145 154 165 163 151 157 156 141 154 040 111 144 151 157 164 056 015 012 015 012

>My interpretation of Heaven is fantasy bullshit
We guessed as much.

>my interpretation of Heaven

It's called "fantasy". Also in heaven you will realize how everything you've done until now is meaningless like I've stated in my first post.

Off I go to magical fairy land

123 167 151 164 143 150 151 156 147 040 164 157 040 157 143 164 141 154 040 152 165 163 164 040 160 162 157 166 145 163 040 164 150 141 164 040 171 157 165 040 141 162 145 040 141 040 155 151 163 165 156 144 145 162 163 164 157 157 144 040 147 145 156 151 165 163 056 040

did you just learn about hex or something? heres your (you)

He is probably using temple OS and is sharing his revelations with us.

This board is full of autists

>find out the whole universe doesn't revolve around you
>FUCK LIFE I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF!
Are christians the most immature people on the planet? The views they project on non-believers really say a lot about them, they're like some bratty little kid who quits the basketball team because they can't be captain.

After Jesus died people left Sheol. Please just read The Bible. I think I will feel the effects eventually.
It continues despite reasons that I stated.
>He doesn't know a certain process, so this proves he is ignorant.
The autism is too strong.
You can't create purpose for yourself. You are just as bad as the aforementioned moral realists.
My not using quotes for fantasy bullshit was a mistake. I should have known you people would grab at straws.

>knowing how to use goolge is autism

>After Jesus died people left Sheol. Please just read The Bible. I think I will feel the effects eventually.

You might as well believe that your today's morning fap will matter when you are 60. It won't in the least.

>My not using quotes for fantasy bullshit was a mistake. I should have known you people would grab at straws.

It it fantasy bullshit. Quotation marks or not.

Yeah, authentic atheists are rare. Not surprising because embracing nihilism prolapses the spiritual anus.
The likes of Dawkins aren't serious atheists. Dawkins is only in it for fedora bucks from his book sales, and he's wrapped up in the warm blanket of academia and celebrity. That guy is gonna shit bricks on his deathbed as the darkness swallows his soul. Too much intellectual pride to turn to God, but I'll pray for him.

Wanting to use something just to prove a point and continuing to use it after your bad point has been noticed is really stupid.
41 - A
42 - B
43 - C
44 - D
45 - E
46 - F
47 - G
48 - H
49 - I
4A - J
4B - K
4C - L
4D - M
4E - N
4F - O
50 - P
51 - Q
52 - R
53 - S
54 - T
55 - U
56 - V
57 - W
58 - X
59 - Y
5A - Z
I know what they're doing though.
My morning fap (I don't fap) would matter as it may affect my day, which may affect my week and so on and so forth.

>You can't create purpose for yourself.
Why? Why does every purpose have to be some grand celestial purpose on the absolute highest scale possible? Why do you just point blank refuse to accept that any other kind of purpose exists? If I have a kid my purpose is to love and care for them due to the intense emotional connection I have with them and the fact they're inevitably going to die some day no matter what one day doesn't detract one iota from that, the fact you can't understand this basic aspect of human psychology just show's how completely stupid you are. Humans aren't rational beings, no not even atheists, atheists are just marginally more rational then you because they're capable of understanding that feels =/= reals. Just because I feel like my life has some grand celestial purpose doesn't mean it actually does, I just want it to.

tl; dr: get a brian moran

>invent a purpose
>believe in invented purpose
>I have a purpose
>atheists don't believe in invented purpose
>atheists BTFO

>My morning fap (I don't fap) would matter as it may affect my day, which may affect my week and so on and so forth.

How the fuck would it affect your week in the grand scheme of things? It won't affect you in a slightest way.
1. Stop deluding yourself
2. Quit Sup Forums
3. Join the monastery which will help you achieve eternity, which is literally the only thing that matters
Anything else is either stupidity or hypocrisy.
Shitposting on Sup Forums instead of living a pious life is risking eternity to gain something worthless. It's comparable to not going to work just to fap.

Stirner knew Marx personally? Wow
Did they screw

>3. Join the monastery which will help you achieve eternity, which is literally the only thing that matters
All except this since the fucker needs to out in the real world not a religious fantasy one. He needs to go and survive in the worst city's in america because he becomes a man.

>He needs to go and survive in the worst city's in america

Extremely unlikely unless God made him bulletproof.

Christians know the world does not revolve around them. It's atheists who think they can paint on the world their own special meaning, forget they did it, then live in that world that now appears to revolve around them. The honest ones realise it is futile and kill themselves, go mad, or accept God.

I'm not saying atheists are wrong I'm saying atheists who believe in something are wrong. Please prove to me why there is a purpose.
>I know feels=/= reals
>I treat my "feels" like "reals"
>I am more rational than you
What the fuck.
If all memories just disappear how can you say there is a purpose. You are just just going to go and do something that nobody will remember that would matter. How can you say I am the one being irrational and not realizing critical data.

>people can decide what they want to live for
>ARROGANT LITTLE SHITS, THEY THINK WORLD IS ALL ABOUT THEM

Top kek.