What do you guys think of this movie? I just saw it for the first time

What do you guys think of this movie? I just saw it for the first time.

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/joel-schumacher-13804
youtube.com/watch?v=U4jGfqNMQdU
youtube.com/watch?v=iKuOEh-z26w
i.4cdn.org/f/LolicatGirls.swf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>walks around
>says stuff
>walks around more
>doesn't actually kill anyone except a nazi strawman
>despite supposedly "snapping"

it was really boring desu senpai

Best movie Michael Douglas did hands down

Deep down he didn't want to snap . He was doing his best to hold it together.

>best movie Douglas did
>not wall street

No

this tbqh w/ u my blood relation

just ok the first time, not worth a rewatch

in saying that I am going to rewatch it right now

I remember seeing this with my dad when I was like 10

I just realized...we will very likely have no such equivalent to watch with our kids

20 years from now they'll probably have redone that, Dirty Harry, Death Wish, etc with a bunch of women

How retarded can you be?

Does "snapping" only the equivalent of going on a mass killing? You fucking autist.

>Falling Down, a film by (((Joel Schumacher))), starring (((Michael Douglas)))

great movie whose initial message was subverted with the cuckholding at the end.

Some people just want breakfast.

Good movie, he snapped cause it's a social commentary movie about how fucked up the world has become now.

i'm looking for a movie to watch with my redpilled dad in a few mins. is imperium any good or is it just jew propaganda?

Gran Turino is the right answer, or pic related, Predator

It's about how dangerous right wingers are and it looks pretty emotive. Don't get much more jewy propaganda than that, my boy.

we've seen both of those already
lame. i was hoping that it would still be enjoyable like american history x

retard

>yfw death wish 2016 is a mad black tranny lesbian disabled woman killing the bigots who didn't install a black only wheelchair ramp in front of the welfare office

The Jew director had this to say...

>That was the point of doing it, to cause trouble, and also to make fun of the disenfranchised white guy stumbling around L.A. trying to find himself in a multicultural, multinational, multiracial world that he didn't understand. It's like, "Where have you been? Wake up! Wake up and smell the jalapeƱos!"

avclub.com/article/joel-schumacher-13804

You want a genuinely red-pilled movie? Watch Death Wish. It features based Charles Bronson gunning down muggers, most of whom are black (the fact that most muggers are black is actually mentioned at a cocktail party where a 70s-era SJW is mocked by party goers)

Also, this movie has a blatant pro-gun message. It's almost as if /k/ wrote this scene...

youtube.com/watch?v=U4jGfqNMQdU

It's worth a watch but it's kind of forgettable... it was a depressing movie for the most part

Isn't Schumacher a German name? As in 'shoemaker'

Schumacher is half-Jew. He's admitted it in the past.

>The Jew director had this to say...

All that shit aside have you seen the movie? It doesn't portray sweet minorities in a good way, not even da joos.

The most politically correct film of 1993

thats because jews arent aware of their own hypocrisy.

>All that shit aside have you seen the movie? It doesn't portray sweet minorities in a good way, not even da joos.

It also didn't portray White men very positively either. The man character was supposed to be viewed as a psychopath, albeit a sympathetic one. Oh yeah, and the Neo-Nazi shop owner was a walking stereotype.

Basically, the message of Falling Down is "don't resist, because it's a futile effort." The message of Death Wish is "It's a citizen's duty to resist when necessary."

I think it's about how the world is fucked up but you can find grounding in something worth living for (like family, children)... unless you're broken upon birth

That's pretty much what was explicitly spelled out in the pier scene. You're made to sympathize with Douglas at the beginning but as the movie goes on you realize he's actually an aggressive, abuse, deranged person which is why they built up another protagonist to sympathize with in the end.

I feel as if a lot of normal people will lose the ability to empathize with Douglas by the end of the movie but it really hit me personally as someone who's been in the psych ward multiple times and have lots of issues. You see these schizophrenics and bipolars who only want to be normal but like Douglas in the film they just end up driving away they people around them.

The Whammyburger girl was a QT 3.14159.

The main character was the white male detective :^)

Michael Douglas best movie hands down is "The Game" with sean I have assburgers penn.

The main character was Bill Foster, aka Michael Douglas. Duvall's character wasn't nearly as prominent.

My dad was the same as the main character in this movie.

I used to hate him growing up, it was like living with a drill Sargent, and he always wanted to "Teach" me things.

I took care of him when he died from cancer, and now I am glad for everything my dad taught me.

Not very many dads teach their kids how to shoot m16s and give them basic training at 12.

It's a pretty typical antagonist vs protagonist story in the least abstract sense the detective is the protagonist (though it could be construed as Douglas was the protagonist and the environment was the antagonist)

I like certain aspects of the movie, but I do not like the message or the ending. To me it's defeatist.

I enjoy it but I think the problem is you get caught up with "this guy just wanted some breakfast" and don't really notice all the "this guy had some mental health issues before today" type stuff

Disclosure was about fifteen years ahead of its time.

There still is one movie that I think will stand the test of time. Not like the PC star wars rehashes, or "epic" superhero movies they keep churning out.

pic very fucking related

>best Douglas movie
>not Romancing the Stone

I see the jews got to you two

I thought he was actually being a cunt in that scene. And at the Korean store as well. Just go to a different location, dude. He was in L.A., not some Last Chance general store in the middle of the desert.

But yeah, I liked the scene with the Mexican gang. Also, the part where he talks with the poor white caretakers was decent. I'm glad the director didn't make them some sympathetic mestizo family.

youtube.com/watch?v=iKuOEh-z26w

righteous

It is just a series of "cool" scenes that all feels flat and uninspired

Please, that movie was all about SJW, they just hid it behind really good practical effects.

None of the males in that movie get more than a dozen lines each.

Its a story about a bunch of women running from a pack of rapists with the help of thier white knight beta-orbiters.

I thought it was more about how folks can choose to either adapt or fight against our chagning world. With the secondary protagonist cop guy realizing his time was passed and was set to retire..... he was kind of a little bitch though desu, cowtowing to his wife, and the drastic changes since when he first joined the department.

Douglas was a cunt, but I think they could have seriously just left him as your average joe as opposed to suddenly having the "surprise" reveal that he's a psychopath.

idk, it was a decent movie, but I think the message was rather garbbled up through shoddy writing and poorly concieved scenarios that he kept finding himself in.

The guy could never really fall down when they decided he was a hated and deranged sociopath to begin with. I think that weakened the story and stopped it from being a cult classic.

Nail on head.

I think there's a pretty big escalation between the Korean store and the burger joint (besides the whole spic thing), he turns from rebelling against individuals to rebelling against systems, the not economically viable negro helps to cement this narrative pretty well I think.

Dude, I hate feminism too but you realize you're basically justifying slavery, right? Like, we're not muslims. Women should know there place but I think chastity belts and raping them till the shit out a non deformed future warlord is a bit fucked, right?

Besides, Max doesn't do it entirely out of kindness, it's predominantly pragmatism. and Carlize Theron's character wasn't all about "muh vagina", it was about doing the right thing and helping the sex slaves escape. The character coulda been a dude, but they made her a chick because I'd imagine it'd be easier to want to help women and empathize with them when you are one after the apocalypse.

And it was shot gorgeously, the effects were fucking incredible.

Honestly, I do wish it was just a film about a fed up cubicle worker trying to make his way home, finding himself in weird situations.

Man has mental breakdown because of what society has become. Wild unbelievable chain of events. Was entertaining.

The problem is that in a post-apocalyptic environment slavery and sex slavery are both easy to justify.

>>chastity belts and raping them till the shit out a non deformed future warlord is a bit fucked, right?
In the era we live in right now, sure. But Mad Max isn't set in the modern era.

It's a good movie. But the Nazi dude wanted to help.

flirty, unprofessional.

fair point...

but there in lies moral relativism. Look at how Australia handled its flooding compared to New Orleans.

Just because it's the end of the world doesn't mean we all become and act like niggers. Society wont get built back up again if we all act like Blacks. Sometimes folks have to take a moral highground regardless of what the worlds condition is in. Even during the Fall of Rome the "barbaric" goths didn't attack people in churches. True savages have no morals, and they do not deserve to rule our society.

I think I'm just trying to justify the interdiction of Max. I still think most of the few sane and non despotic people left in that world realize it's pretty fucked up morally.

I never said such behavior was justified, I stated that males were depicted performing such acts very deliberatley.

The message is that all males are just instictivley rapists or psychotic war crazed mobs and that the only way to keep them from behaving in such a manner is to put women in charge of them.

Its pretty important to also note that none of the males charecters depicted in this movie benifit from thier interactions with the women.

One kills himself so that they can become the new warlords, and the other gets what he could have gotten by just walking away as soon as his restraints were cut.

None of the many chase scenes in Fury Road got my juices flowing like the chase at the end of Thunderdome. Nor were any of the non-chase scenes as inspired as the non-chase scenes in Thunderdome.

I really don't get the love for Fury Road. Non disputandum, I suppose.

I don't even want to think about a Dirty Harry remake.

I see what you're getting at. I just never viewed it as a "man vs woman" dichotomy. They never really dwelled on the "we're strong womyn" bit except for with the old lady biker gang. Who even then, I don't think it'd be totally unrealisitic to have a gang of pissed off women going around shooting folks.

What about the bikers attacking the truck during one of the initial chase scenes?

You honestly have to admit that was a great piece of cinema. All practical effects, and none of the cgi bullshit of the modern age.

Signs with mel gibson was the most Sup Forums film

A movie about a purple pilled cuck.

I always knew there was something fucked with that movie.

Fucking stupid Jewish kikes.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Yes it does user, snapping doesn't mean holding it in and taking in only one kill, it means slaughtering hordes of degenerate normies. We must kill them all. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

;_;

I thought it was shit; I was extremely disappointed in it. Had heard some good and was even looking forward to seeing it.

>WHITE SOCIETY IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT IM DISAFFECTED AND NIHILISTIC NOW
>TIME TO BE VIOLENT RANDOMLY

Quintessentially blue

WHO KILLED THE WORLD
(Dirty stinky woman hating rapist men of course)

The whole movie was just battle of the sexes bullshit.

It did have some incredible practical effects, but honestly I could even get down with the plot as is if the movie titled MAD FUCKING MAX had bothered to give Max more than 16 FUCKIN LINES.

Movie shoulda been titled furiosa or something (but then it wouldnt have been garunteed to draw in the original mad max fanboys like myself)

I showed up expecting a mad max movie, I got a movie almost entireley about somebody else set in the mad max universe.

It was boring. He was just walking around and mainly doing nothing. The end was also predictable.

The golf course scene is good.

i just rewatched it yesterday and got the feeling it is more about someone acting out against the corruption he perceives around him and how actually trying to apply morals to our broken system only ends in you becoming the bad guy.

Right on point.

>charecter 1: im a middle class white male, if things dont go my way immah go nuts and shoot up the place cuz im craaaaazy!

Charecter 2: Im a big softie who gets bullied by everyone and my wife runs my life. Its not societies fault societey sucks dick, lol, just get over it and accept the new normal!

>secondary charecter 1: im a neo nazi lunatic who stockpiles illegal guns in my basement, I blatantly represent the conservatives!

Secondary charecter 2: Im a single mom, im the victim!

If I could rewrite it I would get redo the pier scene and get rid of the old fat cop, have the wife's charecter and the crazy guy have the pier scene, she spouts leftist platitudes, he rages about how that destroyed the country, then the brutally shoot eachother.

The movie ends with the shell-shocked toddler standing over the bodies of his parents representing the audience, and how both of these ideologies polarizing like they have towards extreme opposite ends of the spectrum has fucked over the 80-90 percent of us in the middle.

Michelle Pfeiffer's younger sister

I honestly think you and your kin read to much into this movie, it was great and had zero anti male messages.

If anything you could look at the war boys and say there was a strong message about the way men are treated as disposable objects and become lost when you remove their purpose.

But really it was just a great movie.

100% blue pilled movie which is very cleverly packaged as red pilled.

>Why didn't Max talk all the time.

I can tell you never watched the older films.

Also the only character that seemed like a real bitch feminist got fucking wrecked less than halfway through the movie.

I loved this scene
i.4cdn.org/f/LolicatGirls.swf

I'm so writing this screenplay right now.

I just want to buy my soda at a reasonable price

I just want my burger to be Murican

>Not very many dads teach their kids how to shoot m16s and give them basic training at 12.

>Father was a bit of a survivalist type. Not that prepper bullshit.
>Spent weekends as a 8-13 year old shooting a SKS and learning the ins and outs of various firearms. How to field-strip the guns we had. Tips on wilderness survival, and how to maintain a low profile when moving around the woods.
>Use to ask him where he got these skills, and he would never say.

I watched it on the Sup Forums stream and I quit after JEW JEANS because nothing could top it. It probably had a few other funny moments but I had work to do.

The Game

fuck, i was winning for 5 years

Thanks for making me smile

Ghost and the darkness hair style. Gordon gecko goes to Africa