DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio hosted the panel consisting of Batman writer Tom King, Batgirl writer Hope Larson...

>DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio hosted the panel consisting of Batman writer Tom King, Batgirl writer Hope Larson, Detective Comics writer James Tynion IV, Doctor Fate writer Paul Levitz, Blue Beetle and Scooby Apocalypse writer Keith Giffen, Action Comics writer Dan Jurgens and Wonder Woman: Year One artist Yannick Paquette.

>Another audience member asked when the Legion of Super-Heroes would return. The answer wasn’t clear but we were told that when it does one of the writers on the panel could be writing it.

Anons, are you ready for Levitz to write Legion again ?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/02/5-or-6-comics-written-by-people-of-colour-yet-to-be-announced-the-dc-rebirth-panel-at-baltimore-comic-con/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It'll be Didio.

Source: bleedingcool.com/2016/09/02/5-or-6-comics-written-by-people-of-colour-yet-to-be-announced-the-dc-rebirth-panel-at-baltimore-comic-con/

I wouldn't mind.

But what about transracial people? Fucking racists.

Rucka probably indentifies as a strong black woman.

Nah, Greek. At least what he thinks is Greek.

He would probably have a decent grasp on rotating the team rosters for every arc or so. Wouldn't be surprised if Giffen was his co-plotter.

STOP WITH THE LEVITZ

Memeing aside it's most likely going to be King. They want that franchise to succeed after all.

Can't upsevitz the Levitz.

Could he handle both Batman and LoSH?

>yfw the book turns out to be Batman and The Legion of Superheroes
>It's about a young Bruce going to the future and inspiring the formation of the team

>Dan, this relaunch has to go perfectly.
>Got it, Diane. Tell the Batgirl fans to go fuck themselves again.
>Perfectly, Dan. We can't afford any major crapups like last time. Do you understand?
>So... security needs to keep the Batgirl cosplayers outside the hall?
>This isn't just your last chance, Dan, it's DC Comics' last chance. You screw up again and we'll stop publishing, move to animation and live-action, and fire you.
>I understand. Security keeps the overt Batgirls out, body cavity searches weed out the infiltrators trying to get in, random stops throughout the convention hall will -
>We're putting the Batgirl writer on your panel. Don't fuck this up.
>What's he like?
>Get out of my office.

slkafsalksakhsfksjakkljsakdnsajnsafkfsahs NO.

>King writing LOSH
I'm ready for the suffering
Do you think he'll insert his own experiences with child soldiers into it

Me too user.

>Anons, are you ready for Levitz to write Legion again?
Please no. Not after the Nu52 stuff. It's clear that Paul wants to get away from the Legion, and he is more than welcome to stay away.

Drove my Chevitz to the Levitz
But the Levitz was dry

What?

>Tynion IV was asked what drew him to Detective.
>Tim Drake.
kek

>Lastly, Yanick Paquette was asked what it was like working with writer Grant Morrison. He noted that he’s used to never knowing quite what he’s talking about learning this as far back as Seven Soldiers: The Bulleteer. He recounts a time where Morrison sent in a script in different fonts with blank pages. Paquette emailed his editor that the file must have been corrupted and his editor Peter Tomasi noted that it wasn’t corrupted and that it was just Grant.
the absolute madman

>Do you think he'll insert his own experiences with child soldiers into it
When doesnt he make everything >muh war?

>Paul Levitz was asked about his work on Dr Fate and noted that as a child of Polish immigrants, this book has become a personal statement for him.

You're a dirty fucking Jew. Not Polish.

>He then noted that in the Wonder Woman Earth One script Morrison’s notes said to create a scene of “centuries old sex anthropologists and have it so the reader knows what they are.” Paquette knew exactly what he wanted but wondered how the &$@# he was going to draw this.

Fucking Morrison

Darkseid War: Green Lantern

>Finally, an audience member asked the all-white panel about the possibility of more diversity, writing-wise, from DC Comics.

OH, BOY. HERE WE GO, GUYS. HERE WE FUCKING GO. HEY, GUYS? LOOK AT ME ASKING A REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION SUCH AS THIS ONE. I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE IN THE ROOM KNOW THAT I HATE WHITE PEOPLE JUST AS MUCH AS THEY DO AND I MEAN LIKE COME ON. AM I RIGHT? DEATH TO AMERICA.

So far that's the least angsty and war-related thing he's done

although if you think too much about it it's still a little depressing

Larson and Levitz are the only ones who don't have a lot of stuff on their plates.

But with Jurgens on Action Comics, Rucka on Wondy, and Ethan van Sciver on HalCorps, it seems like they'll go with Levitz. Also, and obviously, because his Doctor Fate run will conclude right before JSA/LoSH/etc.

>getting this triggered

Yes, I am triggered. Next time put a fucking trigger warning so I know not to read this fucking thing 'cause there is always going to be a fucking retard who thinks he's so smart asking that moronic question. Every fucking panel I watch some low testosterone motherfucker or perhaps what's even worse an obese dyke asks this question. Fuck.

So a Tom King Legion would have more pointless deaths, more of Earth being a corrupt shithole, likely a revisit of the Braal/Imsk war, and more of Winema "President Asshole" Wazzo being a passive aggressive jerk because nobody will think of the children.

.... Why does everyone want this?

Get over it

Make me.

I hope he's versatile enough to not write EVERYTHING like that

He'd be better for LEGION anyway

>I hope he's versatile enough to not write EVERYTHING like that
I cant take another 5YL/Reboot Legion Lost. Let these crazy kids from the future be happy for once.

>He'd be better for LEGION anyway
Again, everyone says this, but I guess L.E.G.I.O.N has always been a might darker and more cynical than its parent series.

A Batgirl cosplayer wrecked him at a few panels the past couple years. They rewarded her with an IPad last year.

Because he'll make me feel about it, it won't be just a bunch of pointless bullshit, and he'll somehow make it inspiring?

I would pay money for a L.E.G.I.O.N. series written by Tom King

>Tynion or Larson
So Tynion is actually better on a team book, and Larson would be fine if she can balance out the preppy upbeat stuff, because the legion is pretty preppy and upbeat.

>wrecked him at a few panels the past

More he wrecked her after she obsessively stalked DC panels, and then the rest of the Internet white knighted her.

Out of that list I think I would take Paquette

Tynion is unlikely, since he's still tapped for two Boom Studios series (and he's on Tec, a biweekly).

Larson might be slightly more likely, but she's a supernoob at DC. Also, IIRC, she's stated that she doesn't want to get too invested into DC stuff and still wants time to write OGNs.

It sounds bad but I don't really want anyone else on that panel. Several have had their shots, and King just doesn't seem like he'd suit LoSH.

Let it go. Let it the fuck go.

>the legion is pretty preppy and upbeat
Is that really true? I've read nearly all of the Legion's library, and I find they fluctuate in tone as the current story demands.

I think people only think of the Legion as preppy and upbeat is because of the Silver Age stuff.

I think they have a moderate-to-high level of preppiness and upbeatness in any incarnation. Grim stuff, to me, is really painful with the Legion. But you have probably read more Legion than me, so I guess you're better placed to make the ball.

Fuck off idiot. I was at one of the panels. You probably weren't.

You're not wrong, in that they do have a certain preppy vibe, but that's usually just during the slice of life bits.

If you're looking for a darker Legion story that isn't dedicated to beating you up and taking your lunch money, there's always Universo Project.

Boo-fucking-hoo. Cry more, ya whiny pissbaby.

Sexual Harassment Tinya.

It's definitely not across the board. Gates is the opposite of preppy.

>pissbaby

You need to kill yourself, degenerate.

They are for some reason ashamed to be jews. It's something that I noticed a lot. Same with Bernie Sanders.

>Gates is the opposite of preppy.
If not, then Ti'Julk is the preppiest commie ever.

What's the appeal of the LOSH anyway other than "being a comicbook expert and not a normie" kinda of deal?

Waifus.

If only the book was well written.

I find it really appealing conceptually and it has superb character interactions. I am not sure I have ever read a Legion run which I thought fully lived up to the theoretical potential but it has some pretty great highs all the same.

King has pitched something else, something personal at DC, according to him. He's already busy on a biweekly Batman and is also writing a novel, so it won't likely be King.

> something personal at DC
"Diary of a former CIA agent"

Enjoyable character interaction between tons of likeable characters. Seriously, there are so many, you're bound to get attached to at least a few of them.

Interesting setting that's a part of the DCU, but also separate enough to do its own thing. The visual style is nice too.

Fairly creative array of powers and use of said powers. Legion battles are usually a little more strategic than the typical cape brawl.

... And yes, plenty of waifus and husbandos to drool over, if you're so inclined.

Is it about the "why aren't there more women writers" thing?

It'll be a Bill Wilson ongoing rising out of the "I am Bane" arc in Batman.

"Bane: How It would be done in in the real world, not like CIA had any similar experiments, it's just a coincidence" by Tom King

At the risk of sounding unduly crude, is Tinya like, trying to tempt Jo into a tittyfuck with this outfit? I don't care if it's the future, this is the kind of thing you wear when you're trying to tell your boyfriend something.

The LoSH just has so many amazing parts to it. Like a fair number of the heroes are actually just regular, if proficient, citizens of superpowered worlds.

If Levitz writes the Legion again, then that will show DC hasn't learned anything. Legion deserves a relaunch with a bigger current name to have a chance to be big again. Levitz has already done enough for the franchise, it's time to get some new blood.

Though it is emphasized that the one who join the Legion are usually prodigies who are more powerful or better at using their abilities than the rest of their race. Imra and Nura for example.

Speaking of that, as iffy as Threeboot was, I liked the idea that Gim(Colossal Boy) was from a race of giants, and his power was that he could shrink. Like this for two reasons, 1) this race was created when Bizarro-Brainiac made the place huge because he's the reverse of Brainiac, which is the most COMIC BOOKS thing ever, and 2) the concept of Israel(where Gim is traditionally from) being populated by giants is hilarious to me for some reason.

Dawnstar is best waifu.

>odds of King Legion improving

PLEASE GODS ABOVE

Didn't Levitz say he was done for good at the end of Reboot?

Geoff, pls.

I'm a little torn on Dawnstar. I like her, but I also like her Reboot counterpart Shikari. I kinda want to merge the two together so that Dawny is a cute bug-girl who dresses like a Native American.

can lev control what parts of him get big
if you know what i'm sayin

> I kinda want to merge the two together so that Dawny is a cute bug-girl who dresses like a Native American.

Yeah, like it really shouldn't be that hard to fix

best OTP in comics btw. i dunno how i don't have more pics of them

Thanks Sup Forumsmblr

Much as I'm rooting for Dawny and Drake to make their relationship work, their angst about not being able to fuck leaves me kinda scratching my head.

Like, I dunno, it's the 31st century, and there's all sorts of crazy tech floating around, AND you two are friends with one of the greatest scientific geniuses ever, and you also know a very powerful witch who has experience in matters of cross-species relations. Y'all can figure something out.

Plus it's the second relationship like that in the legion.

Shut up Wildfire.

Yeah, the aforementioned Mysa and Blok.

Dawny and Drake should call them up for a couples night and get some advice.

Or get together like that fanfic story where Mysa and Dawny get it on while Mysa emotionally links everybody so Blok and Drake can feel it too and then Mysa lets Drake possess her so he can go to town on Dawny in her body after which Mysa swaps Dawny and Drake's minds so they can experience what it's like being each other while she and Blok cuddle and it all ends with a fancy breakfast and everything back to normal.

You can't say they don't use their powers creatively.

this is what i'm talking about when i complain for more crazy sex shit, it's the 31st century FFS!

Well. Okay then. I guess they could do that.

Just about every Legionnaire has the potential to get their freak on. Goodness knows these teens are always fuckin' to begin with.

legion fans = thirsty perverts

shooter was right

>legion fans = thirsty perverts
That's comic book fans in general, user.

Also, Shooter is one to talk. I read your half of Threeboot, you dirty old bastard. Please stick to editing.

Yes, and?

Levitz writing Legion is the lesser evil. He's not fancy, but he understands the characters and won't burn everything to the ground just to make it "his".....

The only cavet I would place on letting Levitz write Legion is that he has to bring back Star Boy and Sun Boy from the dead and unmaim Mon-El; all three of which was done out of spite for DC canceling Legion in favor of doing Justice League 3000.....

Undoing the last arc is easy: Wildfire's crew eventually make it to the future, in time to intervene in the final Fatal Five fight and save Dirk, Thom, and Mon-El

Didn't someone (Kirk Boxleitner or one of his equally sick fuck friends) keep complaining that they should make Drake a detachable dick for his containment suit?

It was Jesse Baker not Kirk Boxleitner; he even asked Fabian Nicieza about giving Wildfire a retractable dick when Legion Lost launched as part of the New 52. Freaked him the fuck out.....

shooter himself was a massive pervert

>Levitz writing Legion is the lesser evil.
That's fair. Better the devil you know...

>The only cavet I would place on letting Levitz write Legion is that he has to bring back Star Boy and Sun Boy from the dead and unmaim Mon-El; all three of which was done out of spite for DC canceling Legion in favor of doing Justice League 3000.....
Thankfully, Rebirth makes this even easier than if you just went with Lemire JLU's method of ignoring that shitty ending and acting as if it didn't happen.

>detachable dick
Why? I mean, Drake did learn to make himself solid from Quislet's training, so that could just happen again. Granted that was during 5YL and failed to go anywhere because of that stupid Bounty thing, but still.

You are misremembering: Quislet made Drake solid, but his new solid form was literally on fire and gave Dawnstar minor burns when they touched. Which drove Drake further into despair as he refused Dawnstar's desire for physical contact because he was afraid he'd burn her alive

And that was during V3 (and was undone in the final issues of V3 when Quislet got written out). V4 had Drake MIA until the last 11 issue and stuck inside Sun Boy's corpse and Dawnstar was catatonic for the bulk of those issues (she did recover just in time for a reunion but blinked out of existence early on in End of the Era, while Drake lasted until the very end due to him being in Dirk's corpse

... Oh. That's way worse.

Goddamn, fuck that Sun Boy plot in 5YL. Dirk got shat on so hard for no apparent reason.

>short-term precognition
Despite Nura occasionally doing some precog CQC, I feel she doesn't do it nearly enough. She needs to do it more, cause it's fucking awesome.

Speaking of Dawny and Drake, Wildstar from R.E.B.E.L.S vl2 was an exercise in surreality.

She seems like one of those fan-fic characters who's supposed to be the child of two canon characters, but she's from the present era, a thousand years before Dawny and Drake even exist. That's just trolling.

Also Starhaven exists in the present era? .... Okay, sure. There's a bunch of winged Native Americans living in an asteroid belt in like 2012. Comic books.

>She seems like one of those fan-fic characters who's supposed to be the child of two canon characters, but she's from the present era, a thousand years before Dawny and Drake even exist.

I guess the big problem is why would they leave their kid in the past.

No joke, I would be okay with it if that were the case. It would just make the whole thing even funnier and more comic book-y.

LOSH already has time shenanigans going on all the time, so why the hell not?

So what are some good LoSH recs(if there is any)?