U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights Thread

Hey there Sup Forums. I've noticed that there has rarely ever been a dedicated thread to the U.S. Constitution and I thought to just make one and have a discussion about them. I want to hear your opinions and/or thoughts about them and potentially shut down the Hill shills on here.

Constitution: archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

Bill of Rights: archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_3OyrGWl8
youtube.com/watch?v=0sNWbiAMf80
classroom.synonym.com/founding-father-wanted-constitution-change-20-years-11735.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping my own thread

Bump

I hate how the libtards are trying to make the 2nd amendment into a "militia only" thing. We hardly even have militias anymore! And the ones we do have get harrassed by media and police.

Fucking commies trying to take our rights away. Dont these retards know that the freer the nation, more economically wealthy it becomes?

its late night saturday in the usa. try again during the week. good thread idea

ill leave you with this
youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_3OyrGWl8

What is there to say? We got most of it right. Prohibition was a big fuck up (and I don't even drink) and instead of freedom of religion we should have banned all of them. But overall we have done a pretty good job.

pic related shuts them up pretty easily

Well militias are a thing legally. There's 2 militias today, the organized militia (National Guard) and the unorganized militia (Practically every citizen).

Exactly. Although, you could consider the national guard as a militia, however they were absorbed into the department of defense in the 70's (I think) so they aren't a militia anymore.

I'd take out birth citizenship rights for non-citizen children, set the voting age to 25 plus owning land.

Clarify that 'general welfare' clause too.

For starters.

Overall, amazing document though. Nothing since tops it.

The National Guard is one or two legally recognized militias. They are the organized militia. The people are the unorganized militia.

youtube.com/watch?v=0sNWbiAMf80

might wanna upgrade ya O.S. there, burger
classroom.synonym.com/founding-father-wanted-constitution-change-20-years-11735.html

The constitution, the bill of rights, and the lot are all going down the tubes drumpfarts. Get used to it. The twisted irony is a police state is exactly what we need to keep you bigots in line ;)

>That would mean that the constitution would have been revised back in 2009

Good thing that was not the case... Obama would have torn it apart almost quite literally (assuming he would have still been elected)

Are there any examples of the 2nd amendment in action like the Battle of Athens?

The constitution need to get a modernization, especially when it comes to the election system.

I personally don't know of any. The purpose of that amendment was to ensure that the people could overthrow the government (should it become tyrannical) and establish a new government of the people. I remember back in either high school or middle school, one of my teachers explained this in class, but said that the U.S. will never become a tyranny, therefore this amendment should be repealed

the bundy ranch. there were a shit load of federal bureau of land management "soldiers" with swat gear in a shit load of trucks that were going to clear the area but there were a gathering of locals and people who showed up that banded together and some had guns on their back or legally on their hip and the feds fucked off. some were on literal horse back as well with flags in their hands.

>will never become a tyranny
>a tyranny

kill yourself please

also, your teacher was literally a fucking moron

Thank you. this case seems to be promising when defending the 2nd amendment in arguments

I never said I agreed with him m8. He was, actively trying to manipulate young minds to his agenda.

There doesn't need to exists historic evidence for the defense of the 2nd amendment. If anything, the significant lack of evidence of its necessity is a testament to it. A massive armed populace discourages massive societal overhaul.

no problem m9. and the opposite would be any protest ever including ows(which was bs and a diversion tactic to take eyes away from audit the FED) but you get the idea
and i love this pic anytime anyone asks "oh so youre lawyer now or something? do you know more then the supreme court?"
you can say yes i do bc i understand english and i know how to read

Good point friend but I think these cases help legitimize your claim if mentioned would they not?