myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

RUINED
U
I
N
E
D

I get it she's cutting her hair to show how unstable she is. But still, this is the biggest sin of the run for now.

the biggest sin is that it's all pretty bad

>le "King's Batman is bad" meme

>the biggest sin is an OC cutting her hair off

waifufags were a mistake

It's an effective way to visually convey how unhinged she's become. She definitely looks less attractive, but that doesn't make the design worse.

agreed

what happened to the art?
this looks like cheap marvel stuff with everything shiny

I'm still waiting for this series to become good.

come on now it doesn't bother me that much.
Never said that. I agree with you.

the pacing is totally fucked

this is by far the worst book king's written, even if it isn't offensively stupid

Ivan the god Reis is on art duties.

Gotta agree. The zero issue was a huge let down and had me worried. Entire thing felt like pages were missing throughout but I was willing to write that off as Snyder's influence on King.

First three issues were amazing but at issue 4 the story just runs off in some direction without explanation and its never looked back. Issue fives ending narration just added more to that and this preview for six is making it even more clear that the faults of the zero issue were all King.

King really wasn't kidding about Duke only showing up in the cave, like for fucks sake, he doesn't do shit in this book.

For me it's less about OH NO MY WAIFU, it just, how does a perfectly trimmed buzzcut show you're unhinged? I could understand if she cut her hair in the style of Hank, but...

god it's almost cruel to give use these one shots with good art before back to Finch/Janin

I hate that Gotham Girl has these crazy life-sucking superpowers and is still a damsel in distress for the whole fucking comic. You wrote fucking Kalista, dude.

Dyke grew up super fast. Kid is like 40 now.

Why is she green, though?

>how does a perfectly trimmed buzzcut show you're unhinged?
It literally happened in real life.

Duke has been drawn wildly inconsistent in regards to his apparent age since day 1. Sometimes he looks 14 and sometimes he looks 24.

>Waifu was solely created as a love interest for another stale OC
>Okay
>Has officially gone mental after killing her bro
>I can work with that
>She literally hears voices now
>Fine with me
>She's trying to kill herself
>It will be fine
>She cut her hair
>OVER THE FUCKING LINE!
>It will grow back tho-
>RUINED FOREVER!
Waifufags need to hang from trees.

I don't waifu her, but the shaved head look is just ugly.

>I mean,
What did she mean by this?

Something something Hispanic Duke

It was hilarious when we saw that new 52 Julie Madison had tattoos and the "muh purity" autists all came out of the woodwork.

>solely created as a love interest
Stop reading right fucking there. Everything else is completely invalidated because you're stupid as fuck.

It's not ugly, just a look that doesn't suite her which is kinda the point.

The best part about this run is that it's weeding out people with taste from contrarians.

Britney's shaved head wasn't the confirmation that she was mental, it was everything else she did leading up to it.

My point is, it's a cheap way of going OOOOH SHE CRAZY

I actually can't tell which side you're on. This run has been kind of divisive, so you'd be able to label either side "contrarians"

a comic using visual shorthand! why i never!

>She definitely looks less attractive
Bullshit.

I like her with a captain hat

comicosity.com/interview-tom-king-on-gotham-girls-future-in-batman/
>TK: That was set up from the very beginning with the idea of Gotham Girl that she would be a romantic interest for Duke. The original pitch was like, what if Robin fell in love with Supergirl? Wouldn’t that be fun? I mean, yeah, that’s an easy pitch! What a crazy dynamic it would be.

>But of course, since it’s my comic, I have to add some tragedy to it. In my version of Supergirl, every time she uses her powers, she dies a little. Duke knows this about her and of course doesn’t want her to use her powers. He wants her to save herself first. But I don’t think she ever will.

>So, it adds this tragic aspect to their relationship — if it becomes a relationship — that you’re falling in love with someone who wants to save the world, but in the process she’s killing herself. What does that do to you and her? I think there’s something interesting there.
As you were saying, faggot?

There's no issue with a comic using 'visual shorthand'. Short hair is just not "visual shorthand" for crazy, and it seems silly to imply that.

this, it's more about she being like a cancer patient with her powers killing her

Cutting your hair as a symbol for great life change is an old trope though

this is a much more interesting road

i love it

Moments like these are beautiful because they remind you that just because you THINK someone is wrong doesn't mean you should be a complete dick about it.

Why do the crazy ones always have to shave their hair?

2cute

BTFO

If they wanted to create a meta love interest for Duke, why not make Gotham Girl black also? Why did she need to be white? Why can't we have a black man going for a black girl? Why is it always a black man going for a white girl?

>spats

FUCKING RUINED

This pretty much confirms she will die soon

On a scale of 1 to 10, how triggered are you by this?

King said they had plans for through issue 25 "and beyond"

Jesus Christ, Sup Forums

I like the shaved head

There I said it

As a black female it bothers me a bit, but not much.

she comes from a rich family

>As a black female
Prove it

>why did she need to be white
Because she's a crazy white bitch.

Wh-why?

So they're doing this troupe? Is there even another love interest for Duke to compete for his feelings and possibly save him from Gotham Girl?

Black kids volunteering for mysterious government experiments has some undertones Kind probably wanted to avoid. and part of the deal with the Gothams were that they were privileged rich white kids who thought they could save the world

because I asked nicely

You're probably right. I hadn't accounted those details.

Can't you just believe me? I just find a bit annoying that in almost everything, including comics, there's this stereotype of the black guy always going for the white girl. Although, to be fair, there has been a lot of new TV shows where you've an independent and empowering black woman charming the handsome white guy. So i think that TV producers, at least, have acknowledged this and have been trying to mix it up.

He had like two in We Are Robin

>Cute blondie get blacked and shaved
Goddamnit, King. I'll read your run, but i'll do it in disgust.

That just makes it hotter

JUST
U
S
T

I'm black too and I couldn't give any less of a shit about that.

You're probably a black dude who craves white pussy.

I crave hot chicks user

"Sup Forums will never turn on King for writing Batman"

>turn on King for writing Batman
More like "cringing at how badly he's fumbled the ball." Nigger got his shot at the Big Game and choked like a little bitch.

This obsession is getting out of hand.

>you will never look like this much of a faggot

>I know
>I know
>I know
Was that a nod to Vision's wife?

The last time that happened Sup Forums was still pissed about it.

>GG is Whor done right
I dig it

>shorts under the skirt
DROPED

Fucking snowmelter. Once they go white, take flight.

But it does take basis in actuality. There are reports of the government tricking black people under false pretenses. Like you think its a flu shot but its an experimental drop or vaccine.

I honestly would have found this acknowledgement refreshing.

that's what i meant by undertones, the story is about them being idealistic and Gotham crushing them not evil government stuff.

>joke
>focused on batman
>crazy

I think there's going to be someone she'll get along with.

/x/

Think of it this way. If they introduce a black male character, why do they have to make a black female character to be the black guy's love interest?

If Duke was Mexican, would you care? If anything, it's just another example of a trope getting overused lately. Nothing more than that.

In the end, it doesn't even matter. And now Linkin Park is playing in your head.

Im just saying i would have liked to see it, but i can see why this backstory wouldnt be appropriate for a black character.

Tuskegee Syphilis Study

bump

Because she's decaying. Start with issue one, the King run's been fun.

dropped unless she evolves into Lady Quark

Batman's green too. It seems to be some sort of zombie variant.

Just die Duke.