Old cartoons that have aged well?

Can anyone give me a list of older cartoons (like 70's and 80's stuff) that have aged well?

The New Adventures of Batman and Robin and Adam West Batman didn't. Scooby-Doo, Thundercats, and He-Man are still decent. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE
youtube.com/watch?v=WA8OYMwqkM8
youtube.com/watch?v=AbCWHjzcyWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just watched he man last night. I forgot about the lessons at the end

The series as a whole is a little rough, but there are a handful of G.I. Joe episodes that are absolutely superb.

Could Skeletor work today or he just works as a 80's villlian, because today he would probably be just a edgelord skullface guy without the flamboyant personality

A bit too new but The Critic.
I liked most of the episodes and such detail went into the animation.

I don't know, my nostalgia goggles make it kind of hard to say. I guess anything could work when you can feed kids a blue jay and raccoon working at a park for a gumball machine and have them eat it up.

we need more flamboyant villains, anyway.

Pic unrelated, OP?

The latter is exactly how they made him in the 2000's reboot and most other modern versions of him.

and it sucks

Do kids even like flamboyants heroes and villians anymore?

The Real Ghostbusters

Garfield Venkman is 10/10

fuck the kids, kids are dumb.

The version of him in the recent DC comic was pretty damn cool. His origin was fucking metal.

>snake eyes break dancing

But they are the viewers and consumers thats why i fear crap like nuPPG it going to runing for years if the kids like it and buy merch

Why i read this in Skeletor 80's voice

What is his new origin user? is that the comic where he's aware of all the other skeleton even the one from robot chicken

Well in that one they go with that he was Randor's brother like it was hinted in the show. He gets jealous of his brother being king and conspires with Hordak to take over Eternia, shit happens and acid or something gets on his face while trying to conquer Eternia. Death comes for him and he cracks it's skull into the pavement.

OP here. Does anyone have any live action cartoons to add, other than the Adam West/Burt Ward Batman cartoon? We can go older if we have to, like Lone Ranger and Roy Rodgers.

Too bad most of the references are either outdated or will be within a few years.

Dan Abnett's Skeletor is awesome! He owns the whole comic book series.

Jem is my favorite 80s cartoon by far. The MLP specials and Rainbow Brite are also great.

Josie and the Pussycat isn't too bad in terms of 70s cartoons either. Likewise with Sabrina and the Groovie Goolies.

>Death comes for him and he cracks it's skull into the pavement.
That is the most metal thing i ever hear in my life. I need to read this

So, it's basically the same as the MotU mini-comic The Search for Keldor from the 1980s?

>Josie and the Pussycat isn't too bad in terms of 70s cartoons either. Likewise with Sabrina and the Groovie Goolies.
Did you like afterlife with archie?

Yes.

Yes but much more deep and meaningful.

youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE

This always is going to be relevant specially this year

I recall when I read this story that I compared them to Thor and Loki.

11/10

Modern movies rely too much on special effects and being more "action-packed" than the last movie to hit theaters, and it makes it all 90-150 minutes of filler and maybe 10 minutes of good shit.

More like Hamlet i suppose. The uncle that manipulates his young nephew.

Oh, sorry, I meant Keldor and Randor as Loki and Thor, respectively.

This is one of the best villain monologues ever!

Gummi Bears holds up really well, especially in the animation department. There are a few dated references, (for example, in one episode they raise a griffon baby and name him Merv), but since it's set in a fantasy world, it's not too bad.

TMNT, voltron, speed racer, Tom and Jerry, some bugs bunny, all of the "speedster" looney and similar toons like speedy gonzales, meep meep and so on.

I think Galaxy Rangers held up better than most 80s shows.

>Modern movies rely too much on special effects and being more "action-packed" than the last movie to hit theaters
People have been saying this for decades. In the 1980s, critics joked that the ideal action movie would be a 90-minute explosion.

When will Fleischer become popular again, like Disney and Warner Bros?

youtube.com/watch?v=WA8OYMwqkM8

"For years i fought in vain to wrest the Power from you, believing that i was the He-Man of the prophecy. But the Goddess chose you. Why? Perhaps i will never get my answer."

And then he drops the final challenge! Fucking love Skeletor here!!!

I like johnny quest and sealab 2020. You can buy sealab on amazon for like 25$

Maybe is because people are sick after decades and all the failed reboots just make people more anger at this

Galaxy Rangers had an awesome aesthetic that I wish would make a comeback.

Yes in their case i supposed to. But two siblings, fighting for the throne, or for power is a plot of other stories too.

>people are sick
We aren't people, user. People are the public, and the public don't give a shit.

True, but I think it's worse in the 2010's. My favourite examples are:

1) Either in Catching Fire or Mockingjay Part 1 (I forget which) Jennifer Lawrence shoots down a stealth bomber type jet with an explosive arrow (Dukes of Hazard ripoff), the jet crashes into a smoke stack or something, it crashes into another, and they hit the ground making a massive mess and kicking up tons of dust.

2) Every non X-Men or Spider-Man Marvel movie has at least one scene where trained soldiers or mercs shoot at each other with machine guns for at least 5 minutes and never hit anyone because the target is always running a few inches ahead of the bullets.

It's too much for me, but I like Rambo, Predator, and Alien type movies.

Then way GB tanked so hard and we both know is not because misoginy or all those awful 80's reboots

Critics in the 1980s were saying cinema is dead.

There's nothing new under the sun, including complaints about the present, which of course is always becoming the past, whereupon it automatically becomes someone's Golden Age.

What's GB? I was thinking it might be Ghost Busters, but it came out in the 80's so "all those awful 80's reboots" rekt it.

#2Philosophical4Me

>Then
>misoginy

Nice trips and sorry Im not a english speaker

And this October is coming the most long overdue 80's crossover! He-Man and the Tundercats!!! Can't wait for Skeletor and Mumm Ra's pissing contest!!

I'm diamonds right now. Now I just have to find a good website to read comics, because I won't buy any. They're too expensive for my taste, and there's not a shop around here anyway.

There was a Ghost Busters remake this year that make Sony lose 100mil, because it take him 3 weeks to make his production budget back and the advertising budget was like 200 so they need to make 350m to brake even and they just reach the 210m and they are going to be pulled off the theaters in a few weeks

Eternity War had a really corny 80's ending page. He-man remakes his sword and gives it to the viewer saying "You have the power"

Alright, so you were talking about Ghostbusters, even though the end of your sentence fucked it up.

I knew it would be a bust as soon as I heard about it, so I've never planned on watching it.

The movie is just mediocre. There no real plot or the movie was badly edited and the actor act they where improvising their lines at the end you watch the movie and ask yourself where all the money went

It was an awesome ending!! With He-Man breaking the 4th wall and offering to the reader the newly forged sword, inviting him/her to shout the immortal words, out of the lungs!

Yeah it was a good one. A fun nod to the campiness of the original cartoon.

This one.

youtube.com/watch?v=AbCWHjzcyWY I never watched Jem but jesus, there songs are still fire

everyone here should go buy the Mini-Comics collection that Dark Horse released, as it's really good(and dirt cheap), here's one of my favorite bits in it