Lets have a /ss/ thread

Lets have a /ss/ thread

A static shock thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n48RyNTHyz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who is this boy on the left, looks familiar

I hope the DCEU brings in Static Shock eventually. I really liked his cartoon and his powerset is pretty cool and is pretty unique, as it isn't a variant of super strength, super speed, super durability. He's a younger character so he could gel with Barry and Cyborg pretty easily, and he's got a built in fanbase because of his show.

That's Lil Romeo .

>I hope the DCEU brings in Static Shock eventually.

I want to see more Static too, but that's a pretty monkey-paw statement you're making. It's hard to even be excited for WW after that leak by one of the workers saying it was shit.

Where does Rubberband Man rank amongst the stretchy heroes?

Somewhere around Ms. Marvel probably

remember that time he couldn't read

There was an official announcement a while back that Will Smith's kid was going to star in a web series about Static. Nothing since then that I recall though.

infamous was a good game.

did not care for its sequels.

>Will Smith's kid

I wish they'd pick anyone else but him. But then again, he's the only black child actor in Hollywood, so I guess we're stuck with him.

>2020
Noice man.

But I loved the hell out of this show as a kid. I read the Rebirth of cool a few years ago and some other comic with him where these bounty hunter teens with high-tech weapons try to get him (can't remember the name though). I loved Static though, my fav hero after spoderman.

Gif not related

It was shortly after Smith was cast in Skwad, when everyone was joking that he'd use his pull to get the kid cast as Static.

And then it actually happened.

I like how Static has a poster of Black Lightning .

He has Dyslexia. It was a good way to explain it to kids who might have it

I heard he's actually good in The Getdown. Haven't watched it personally though

I liked the concept of several gangs all getting caught in the Bang Baby event. Also we need more Ebon

I was always disappointed that they never had Rubberband Man as a member of the Justice League during JLU

Are you kidding? Infamous 2 was great.

oh so you want /ss/?.

Darkness

Find a flaw.

His new 52 outfit is so disappointing

>Fuck yo cou-
>Filename
Nevermind.

the white mask really throws off the look.

I'd much rather they just put Static in more animated stuff. The DCEU is a train wreck that is doing nothing but poisoning every brand DC has, and that's the last thing Static needs.

I think Static is dead thanks to the rights issues like Apache Chief aka Long Shadow.

>No Teen TitansxStatic Shock crossover when TT was still good

SHIT, can someone refresh my memory of the last time Black Lightnig showed up. I think they tried to give him a book at the beginning of new 52 maybe. Was that it?

It was never good.

That was Static

Him and Blue Devil had a one off I think, they both appeared in Justice League too during auditions

What was Static? The new 52 book?

Is this one of the few shows in the DCAU that got retroactively decanonized by not giving it a DVD release?

>Him and Blue Devil
that's what I was thinking of.

>they both appeared in Justice League too during auditions

I didn't even see that. How'd he fail auditions? Is it the first few issues or something? I can look it up maybe with a hint.

Yeah, it was really short lived and the writer went on record as saying his story was highjacked a few issues in by the artist and editors, which I'm inclined to believe based on how much the focus shifted.

I have no idea when the last time Black Lightning had a book was.

How would not having a DVD release make it non-canon?

That's the ultimate declaration of apathy from a studio. Same reason why Agents of SHIELD is no longer MCU canon since season 3 isn't getting a physical release.

It was early on in the JL New52, Black Lightning and Blue Devil didnt feel right in the big leagues so they went back to small crimes and helping at a youth center or whatever. Element Woman was there, along with Platinum from Metal Men, Atomica, and a gold chick I cant remember her name

Wait, Static never got a dvd release? Thats fucked up might to download/rewatch.
Who cares about AoS? When is Daredevil finally getting a bluray release?

Might be pre-Flashpoint Outsiders, can't remember if he was in the new 52.

October. Europe only. Probably not going to release season 2. Really all the TV/Netflix side isn't canon due to apathy from Marvel/ABC/Disney not releasing dvds.

Is this some Sup Forums or Sup Forums meme? I've never heard this logic before.

If I can't own it and watch it when I want, it's obviously not worth watching and therefore, not canon.

I want Sup Forums to die

I'm Sup Forums all the way fag. I'm talking about canon here.

Is this mitosis?

>after that leak by one of the worker

This just in: fired employee lashes out at company!

>BREAKING MY COMPUTER WASN'T FUNNY, SHOVING ME IN THE LOCKER WASN'T FUNNY.

>implying the Hoop Squad isn't canon

If you like that concept, I suggest you read Blood Syndicate if you haven't already. It's all about a gang that got caught up in the Big Bang

Meme magic.

So what's the full extent of his powers anyway?

>Rubberband Man
>named after a T.I. song
youtube.com/watch?v=n48RyNTHyz0
>Rubberband man, wild as the Taliban
9 in my right, 45 in my other hand

It was a rumor that never got confirmed and it's probably dead now that they're talking about a Black Lightning show

Static Shock was great
>Black main character
>Gay white character
>Didn't feel forced

Magneto Jr

I don't beleive that song existed when he was made. If anything they have the same slang origin behind the name.

>tfw Static won't be any Titans related media in the near future
>tfw there's no update on the Milestone revival
>tfw black Spider-Man is popular
>tfw Static is going to fade into obscurity and there's nothing you can do about it.

>ctrl + f "stupid racism"
>0 results

I trusted you, Sup Forums.

>"Adam Evans is an original creation for Static Shock. The name "Rubberband Man", however, was used by a one-issue villain named Karmon Stringer. The character was named after the The Spinners song of the same name."
Welp. I guess he was named after a different Rubberband man song

It feels bad man I liked static shock some of those episodes are GOAT.

Seriously? You honestly believe it's going to be anything less than terrible with the abysmal track record the DCEU has?

Here we go again.

Still not entirely sure cartoon Richie was gay.
at least not yet :^)

They should being Gear into the comics. Just replace Rick with Richie .

70 HOURS IN MS PAINT LATER...

yeah the yellow is better