Do Sup Forums still loves Cass Cain Batgirl?

Do Sup Forums still loves Cass Cain Batgirl?

She always will be my waifu.

cass is fine but cassfags need to jump off a cliff

B-but I'm a cassfag!

I don't waifu her because I'm not a faggot but Cass was clearly the best Batgirl, much better than Babs or Steph.

Superboy belongs with cass.

Yes, we still do.

I call bullshit. Cass can't write.

So I heard she came back recently but they kinda fucked up her and David Caine's story by tying them to some shitty new villain. Have they appeared at all since then?

How do you know someone else didn't write it and she's not just asking the viewer to read it to her.

Basically this, they're worse than Babs and Stephfags combined.

She's one of the main characters of 'Tec atm. And is getting an arc focused on her after this one and the next one finishes.

She's in Detective Comics. Her father is now discount Storm Shadow.

Is it any good?

It's surprisingly entertaining.

Yeah it's alright.
I hope they keep the team together for a while, it's been pretty decent so far.

Best character in Tec is Clayface.

I'm honestly considering picking Tec up just for my man Clayface over here.

It's worth it. Clayface will be getting the co-lead with Stephanie in the next arc after the Monster Men crossover.

I hope that when Cassandra gets her arc that they bring back Marcio Takara for it. It's almost amusing how almost any artist that has drawn Cassandra also eventually draws Laura.

I want to give this a try. What issue should I start with to read some decent Cass stories?

Cass has little moments through each issue. She's getting a central arc after the Stephanie/Clayface one that starts in November.

But if you want a definitive reading list.

>Basically this, they're worse than Babs and Stephfags combined.
Why exactly?

That is not how you spell Stephaine Brown. ;)

I only know Cass from the One Year Later storyline where she came off as a huge bitch.

I didn't really like her. Kinda glad they erased her from existence with the Nu52.

That was character assassination, 180 degrees to all her other characterization, behavior, and capabilities.

Your post honestly looks like trolling, it's so focused on such a singularly unrepresentative period of the character. But...I know that there are doubtless people whose only exposure to her was said character assassination.

>Why exactly?

Because we had the audacity to post her occasionally and start a thread for her. Just do yourself a favor and ignore that cunt.

Cassfags are good people and are happy to help people read her stories. Hell stick around Im sure some one will share a link to her books in enough time

Don't tempt me.

Every cool thing that Cass has done in TEC happens off-screen. I'm starting to think that Tynian is trying to give Cassfags blue balls until her arc.

>Reading the first line of a book
>Is in the middle of the book

She just knows what the famous opening is and is trying to convince herself that she can see it. She's just playing make-believe that she has a normal brain. This panel is so sad.

the book could just have a lengthy foreword. some copies of the classics have a whole bloody essay about the book before you reach chapter 1

Cass will always be number one with Supes a close second

Her bastardization is actually part of why I dont read comics anymore.
The other reason is that I cant become invested anymore when everything is reset 2-3 years down the line.

I miss Cass Batgirl a lot.....

I think a lot of the reason Cassfags exist is that Cassandra exists as kind of a symbol of editorial/political/brand synergy bullshit messing up a story. Staying a fan of Cass is like an act of defiance against bullshit editorial pushes.

Well that and most of her series was REALLY fucking good, I still have every issue of Silent Running Volume 1 and it was money well spent.

Circa Puckett and Scott, yeah. Her later run was shit, and I can't stand Tynion's work with her. So I'd rather remember her fondly the way I do Matrix Supergirl and Conner Superboy. Things to pure for the dumbasses currently working in comics.

Bite your tongue Damien

They fuck her over by making her one of Batlesbian's lackeys. Cass went from wrecking everyone (except Jason Todd for some reason) to being Worf.

Its REALLY not. Just hold out until Tynion leaves like with Talon. Then maybe we can get tim Seeley!

Put Solo at the end, it has the crisis cass/tim's definitive end.

Her first 50 or so issues were good. The final 20 or thirty written by that faggot behind War Games was shit.

Isn't a Young Justice arc with her?

Like two issues, yeah. It's . . . okay.

Hence most and not all.
I would love to say all of her stuff was great but sadly it really wasnt

More like around half. But c'mon. She's worse than being a Mets fan. All you are in for is suffering.

Fresh Blood was good. So was the opening two arcs involving the Brotherhood and Slade/Rose. It's just the run fell off the rails when Destruction's Daughter arc began.

You know the words "it was" come up fairly often, right?

Cass Batgirl makes me think of Ladybug, both are White/Chinese mutts in tight clothes.

Does that make Tim Cat Noir?

No Azrael, but so far more entertaining the Batman.

prolly my fave Batgirl

Technically, I don't think we know Shiva's ethnicity.

>so pregnible

It was pretty good, user.

The big question is: is New 52/Rebirth Cass still half white, since David Cain is now Chinese? If Shiva's still her mom, then she's full Asian now.

But most of Sup Forums hates Steph, or at least, they are more vocal about it

I like her tho

I liked her when she was a supporting character in Robin.

Depends on her mother.I'm guessing full Asian.

That was from an issue of Superboy she guest starred in.

Does it matter?

Not to me.

I hate the name Orphan and I wish they would put bat ears onto her mask, but at least Cass is being written well in Detective Comics.

Is Cain full Chinese? Maybe he's half-asian?

That is one top-heavy Cass.

Yeah, the name and costume really need to change, but they are probably Tynion's ideas, so we just have to wait him out.

If DC gives Cassandra another ongoing, it cannot be Batgirl given the momentum is full-on for Barbara to have that. They cannot use Black Bat either because that name is copyrighted.

So for now I understand the necessity of why Cassandra is Orphan. However, they just had Jim Gordon wear outfit with a Cass-like symbol. If Gordon ain't using that costume give it to Cassandra but full-on mask.

How about Flamebird was a name?

That isn't a terrible idea since Bette gave up the name to have some terrible costume and codename. Some of JWIII's worst design work.

Hmm it's a possibility, but black and yellow seem to be Cassandra's colors.

>Loves Cass
>Hates Rich Rider

Gunn you confuse me

Cassandra Cain fans literally cared about Cassandra Cain and only her, ever. She was their goddess and waifu, and whenever she wasn't on screen there was constant bitching that everybody should be asking "where's Poochie?" They hated every other Bat-character and constantly boasted about how she was better than all of them, except that she couldn't read which made her adorably vulnerable but eventually didn't matter in the slightest. They couldn't decide if Cassandra was Bruce Wayne's favorite child or if he wanted to fuck her, they hated the shit out of Barbara Gordon and Stephanie (until Steph stopped being Batgirl at which point they pulled a 180 and both characters were goddesses who were being persecuted by DC.) The constant victim complex wasn't helped by legitimate fuckups by DC with Beechen's writing, but they absolutely would never shut the fuck up about how their perfect waifu, the only thing that ever mattered at DC, was constantly mistreated and needed to be saved by their loving caress.

But then Cass was ignored for years and most people either moved on or simply left comics so we don't have to hear about them anymore. So it's hard to understand how bad they used to be. I guess if you've ever heard about HEAT, you can consider them similar.

> you've ever heard about HEAT, you can consider them similar.

Um no. I don't think anyone ever sent death threats to Adam Beechen or Didio, didn't proclaim, "WE WON!" When she got turned into a babyface or returned in B&RE.

Maybe not the right thread, but is Harper dead yet?

No. She'll be showing in Tec soon in the Stephanie/Clayface arc.

What sort of delusional fantasy world do you live in, user?

And before Azrael.;-;

Cass is his waifu. I remember when he did that whole comic character fuck list and it was all crass jokes like "X seems like the girl you introduce to your mom then do'er up the butt" and "I'd make Batwoman straight" and then he got to Cass and was like "With the right artist she's one of the most beautiful women in comics"

It was certainly a large contributor for me as well though I still read a lot of non big two.

It's just really hard to care about these books when it's gonna be all for not as soon as some writer wants to push his waifu instead.

And Im not asking the universe cater to mine and solely mine but I shouldn't lose a book I like that's selling because of bullshit editorial reasons

>So for now I understand the necessity of why Cassandra is Orphan.

You know if it was just the new name I really wouldn't so much

Sup Forums just a couple years ago. Hell, a single year ago even.

David Cain is Chinese?

People of Multiethnic descent are tragically underrepresented in this medium. Stop the erasure now!

Dude, I was there. What you're describing is several yards beyond what went down. Hell, with some of the claims you're lucky to even be in the same ballpark.

In B&RE, he mentions growing up on the streets of Shanghai and doesn't look white when some of the artists draw him, so I assume so.

DC needs to kill Batkikelesbian, Harper Row, the black lark and gave Cass her own book.

I think Tynion IV confirmed he was a minority in this new universe too.

>coolest batgirl design
>also qt asian

There was never a chance that she wouldnt be my favorite

No, she went back to her college planet.

>then he got to Cass and was like "With the right artist she's one of the most beautiful women in comics"
Too bad the chances of a Cass Cain movie, as Batgirl or otherwise, are insignificant. It would be interesting to see if a true believer could make a good movie about his waifu.

>DC steals away Gunn by promising him Cass
Do it DC

>Cass Cain kung fu movie

I can only get so erect

That would be the biggest troll move ever and I would applaud with tears in my eyes.

DC would balk about making a movie about the Batgirl who isn't "iconic", but WB shouldn't give a fuck.

WB would probably be in the same boat as DC but for different reasons. DC seems to have a hateon for non-Babs Batgirls. WB would definitely see the merit in having Batgirl being the most popular well known Batgirl who is Barbra. Harley might prove the legs that the cartoons still have with normies, not to mention Batwest.

I think they can do more with Cain as far as movies go. Hell you can even keep the Batgirl twist for a post credits stinger and have Batman or Oracle show up with a costume all Nick Fury

What if we have Babsgirl....but she's crippled. Meanwhile Cass is in a different movie and they pull a Stinger where she's given the Gimpsuit.

Jasonfags and Timfags are the same way