Europe's problem is language

If everyone were speaking English, lots of companies would relocate to the areas with cheaper labor costs, thus making GDP per capita more equal. Plus, it would give Europe a common element of society and thus a common identity.

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2016/08/20/politics/donald-trump-african-american-voters-virginia-voting-rights/
youtube.com/watch?v=pSPvnFDDQHk
youtube.com/watch?v=u4vlVEigntQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0l5tuvSJaCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A man's true homeland is his mother tounge!

okay but not english

either latin or german fuck the island niggers

>okay but not english
Did you look at the map?

>Croatian language

Sides in orbit

yeah its disgusting

Europe problem is EU
And the partitocracy system

The map is ridiculous..

/thread

It is reality. It has nothing to do with England but with pic related.

i will accept it if the british are separated from their land and turned into a second class slave caste

The map is true and Europe's problem is that people thought you can have a political EU without a common language. You cannot.

With current trends, english will also be most spoken second language here in Estonia by 2020.

Not even 15% of spain can 'speak' english.

And it will remain like that.

EU has to be kill. After that something good can be done.

But before we must have a decent political system.

>Not even 15% of spain can 'speak' english.
>And it will remain like that.
And you guys wonder why your unemployment rate is 20%+. You do know that all countries in Europe which do well economically have a high proficiency in English, right?

Greece has one proficiency of over 50% in English
Don't talk bullshit lad, there is no real correlation between a state's economy and their average knowledge in English

Irish is a second language in Ireland. Let that sink in.

of course not. English is a good lingua franca because it is simple, and there is a need for such a language. Otherwise english should generally be shunned and anglo american culture rejected and controlled where it can

For some languages is harder, we share few lexic with 'germanic' languages.

That its quite a big number.. how can that be?..
They don't dub?

This.
EU is a failed project and language has absolutely nothing to do with that, go back to suck Mohammad's cock, OP.

>Irish is the second language in its own country

Hell no, can you imagine how many brazillians would find this board if they all spoke the same language as us?

>implying chinks can into english

I have no idea to be honest my friend
But I remember seeing some map which stated this on Sup Forums a couple of weeks ago

>Be Germans
>Wants to adopt English
And when you thought Germans can't be more cucks, they post this.

>globalist shill
How about kys

Question about the European Union:

Now that Britain is leaving the EU, will the EU still translate documents into English? This autistic American likes to read government documents as a hobby, especially ones relating to the constitution and the general framework of government.

>Not even 15% of spain can 'speak' english
Sounds like Spain is a shithole full of morons. In other words, nothing has changed.

fpbp

I doubt that Austria or Switzerland house any US troops.

Well fuck you too.

What rank do you think native American or Aboriginal languages are in America and Australia?

>it's another germanocuck worships the EU episode

:(

Ireland is still in the EU, so yes.

I'm learning German Ludwig Müller

No English was already widely used for trade before WWI. Globalization was a bigger thing in 1910 than in the 50s or 60s.

Scots, it's time to leave the Isle of Pakistan and come home

Come home, white man. Come home.

A Fucking Mudslime

I think they are counting troops stationed at embassy.

That is exactly what is happening. Look at how many businesses are moving over here to the Czech Republic (at the very least BSCs).

I have a job that was once done in the UK, making 1/3 the salary the person was there to do it. Isn't capitalism fun?

Good to know.

I'm afraid that Ireland will one day make grounds in making Irish a majority language again and then replace English all together, giving little reason for EU documents to be translated into the English language.

Of course, this sperg will probably die of nutritional deficiency from eating tendies every day before that ever happens.

Feels good to have a job that can't be outsourced.

>everything must be tuned for muh GDP
Kill yourself. That you are a cultureless pig doesn't mean we all should be.

>there is no real correlation between a state's economy and their average knowledge in English

There is actually a strong correlation between the level of proficiency in English as a foreign language in Europe and the country's GDP per capita.

Greece isn't even an exception. Even though it has big economic problems, it is still richer than the Balkan countries and several Eastern European countries.

>Now that Britain is leaving the EU, will the EU still translate documents into English?

Actually, there has been a suggestion to make English the only official EU language post Brexit. The reason it now might have a chance is because once the UK leaves, no country would really have a significant advantage over the other by adopting English as the official language. Documents would still be translated into local languages, but English would be the only governing legal language.

fuck off commie

>Feels good to have a job that can't be outsourced.
What do you do?

This dude says I am a ruthless capitalist.

This dude says I am a ruthless communist.

So advocating English as a common European language makes me a double-ruthless capitalist-communist?

>two people can have two different opinions to thing you're an idiot
Is that such a deep thought for you?

>2002
>recent

I'm going to go with Brexit politician.

>ireland
>irish
made me kek

Financial services. Your average customer here hates foreigners so they can't shift it to India. Ironically I work in fraud so I mostly speak to foreigners anyway.

>Financial services
>I work in fraud

Sounds about right.

Its too late, my friend. They're already here.

Yeah, if you need face to face time with clients it will be hard to outsource. But since my position is mostly internal (and also dealing with suppliers rather than customers), it was very easy to outsource.

Usually my job is done by an engineer as well...but you know, I'm cheaper than an engineer too, so why not let me do it?

>languages that are not their mother tongue
>irish
pretty sure thats their mother tongue. Might not be their first language, but fuck you.

Learn English and like it. We don't tip for foreign-speak.

Eat shit EuroNiggers xx

Funny isn't it?

mother tongue
Pronunciation: /ˈˌməT͟Hər ˈtəNG/
NOUN

The language that a person has grown up speaking from early childhood.

>TheAntBattle.jpg

>thumbnails

>Financial services. Your average customer here hates foreigners so they can't shift it to India. Ironically I work in fraud so I mostly speak to foreigners anyway.

How can this not be outsourced? I am serious, isn't this a job which is one of the most likely ones which will be outsourced or robotized via software?

It's not actually entirely clear what means what. Some places consider mother tongue to be their parents' language regardless of what the children have grown up with, and some consider it the language they grow up with. One place, it might be Singapore if I recall correctly, actually call English their first language because it's the most important one even if it isn't actually the first language they learn.

Even in the scientific community you see people using different definitions. It can really be quite confusing.

>It has nothing to do with England
Don't be retarded. The British Empire got the ball rolling and the US has continued it since 1950 with its superior fire power.

>It's nothing to do with England that their language spread around the globe in the first place
Stupid Kraut retard.

>no country would really have a significant advantage over the other by adopting English as the official language.
Except Ireland, but their many disadvantages would easily level the playing field and then some.

>german
kys

The map you posted actually reinforce the fact that there is no correlation at all.

>Greece higher than most.
>France quite low for the second most relevant country in the EU
>Romania higher than Spain, Portugal and her western neighbours
>Baltic states being more relevant than Poland and Italy
>Etc.
>

>>Greece higher than most.
I already said that Greece is still richer than most Eastern European and Balkan countries. And before the crisis 2008, it was among the richest EU countries.

>>France quite low for the second most relevant country in the EU
11% unemployment, complete chaos on an economic level.

>>Romania higher than Spain, Portugal and her western neighbours
Wrong, Romania is just as bad off in terms of English proficiency as Spain and Portugal. 31% vs. 27% is not signifcantly different. You would have a point if Romania had 60%.

>>Baltic states being more relevant than Poland and Italy
They are actually, they have very good GDP growth and are among the Eastern European states which are projected to do very well.

>>Etc.
What etc.?
The rich countries in the EU are Germany, Denmark, Austria, Sweden, Finland, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium. So you are seriously saying those countries don't have a higher English proficiency than other EU states? Do you even know what correlation means?

>Don't be retarded. The British Empire got the ball rolling and the US has continued it since 1950 with its superior fire power.
English has only been a commonly spoken second language in Europe since the 1950s. Only certain elites could speak it before 1945.

And it only became necessary to speak for business and engineering and science purposes in the 1980s.

An universal language in Europe is a close reality

>sad part, it's going to be arabic.

Nah, I like the diversity of Europe. Almost every European country has a rich and distinct culture that should be preserved and appreciated.

>English has only been a commonly spoken second language in Europe since the 1950s
That's because Europeans are uppity arrogant faggots who should know their place. Takes them a while though which is why your thread is needed.

>UK and USA take over the entire planet
>"SACRED BLUE WE ARE STILL SUPERIOR"

gb2 mongolia

Alright, you talked about correlation between GDP per capita and English proficiency so:

>(Bad English) France, Italy, Spain
Higher than 30,000

>Portugal, Greece, Slovenia
Higher than 20,000

>Baltic states, Czech Republic, Poland
Higher than 10,000

You were right about Poland, I honestly thought they were richer than that.

But kiojima prodict the language DISEASE. Dangerous for all ONE language.

Factor in GDP growth and economic dynamics into GDP per capita, and you will see very clearly why English proficiency has been extremely important in the last 15 years.

It is just common sense. English proficiency allows for more internationally minded companies, for growth in tourism and for more chances in science and engineering.

>That's because Europeans are uppity arrogant faggots who should know their place.
Nope, the reason is that people did not need an internationally spoken second language before globalization started. People were learning languages of neighboring countries, if they lived in border regions.

We have troops in Russia and China?

>>sad part, it's going to be arabic.
Fewer than 1% of Europeans speak Arabic. Fewer than 0.1% of non-native Arabic speakers speak Arabic

... but it's going to be the universal language, right?! Because of all the Pashtun speaking Afghans, Paki speaking Pakistanis, French speaking Africans and Turkish speaking Kurds which come to Europe!

>people moved to the cities during industrialisation

But we gotta remember the 6 million of the gorta mor

Language is culture.
Faust in english sucks.
Shakespeare in spanish sucks.
Voltaire in german sucks.

There are concepts that can only be formulated in certain language.

You have to be a fucking globalist kike to impose a single language on Europe, even here with the republicans it did some damage, a lot of people have lost their connection with their ancestors.
We must preserve our identity at all costs these days.
Learning multiple language is fine, but people must keep speaking french in France, if you come to France to make business you better learn the language.
Even if you come for tourism and are unable to say at least "Bonjour/s'il vous plait/pouvez vous m'aider/Merci" you can fuck off because sure as hell I won't give a fuck about you.

THis map is bullshit, France don't have US troops on its soil since 1966.

Europe's problem is the EU. We don't mind a trade union, we don't want the political crap, the corruption and the bureaucratic nightmare it is.

>Not getting America to pay to defend your country

>Language is culture.
And that means you cannot learn English?

>Faust in english sucks.
Ok, so?

>Shakespeare in spanish sucks.
And that is why Spanish people should not be speaking English... because they should only be able to read Shakespeare in Spanish? I don't follow.

>Voltaire in german sucks.
Ok, so?

>There are concepts that can only be formulated in certain language.
Which ones? How does that have anything to do with learning English? Or are you saying people should read English because there are concepts which can only be understood in English?

>Learning multiple language is fine, but people must keep speaking french in France,
You understand that this is contradictory. So you learn English, but you should not be allowed to speak it in France?

We don't want the fucking EU!

Fuck you, Merkel

Don't you mean Arabic, Ahmed?

Occasionally Navy ships visit Hong Kong. I don't know where they'd get Russia from. Probably the whole map is full retard.

At least we don't have to be their lapdog like you whenever they have the urge to destroy some irrelevant shithole and destabilize an entire region for the kikes.

>We don't want the fucking EU!
And that is why?

Do you want borders to GErmany? If yes, why?

If you don't want the Euro, why?

If you don't want to trade without tariffs e.g. with Italy or Germany, why?

What is it that you do not like about the EU? I have lots of criticism about the EU, but I don't want to get rid of it entirely.

>Ireland
>Irish
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>uk
>only 95% of population is able to hold a conversation in English
Shameful.

no, it's because of the rate in which they reproduce, together with their isolationist ways of preserving their culture.
Add to that the low birth rate of original european inhabitants, and that becomes a matter of time.

It may take some time, but it's inevitable at this point.

But don't take me wrong, I root for you germans, your people contributed a lot for the progress of humanity, during the golden century.

Breaking : Felons!
edition.cnn.com/2016/08/20/politics/donald-trump-african-american-voters-virginia-voting-rights/

Islam by the numbers
youtube.com/watch?v=pSPvnFDDQHk

The documentary the Clintons don't want you to see.
youtube.com/watch?v=u4vlVEigntQ

Unaired Illuminati Kidnapping Children
youtube.com/watch?v=0l5tuvSJaCQ

Why is that so amusing schlomo?

English is Ireland's first language and while there are poles chinks frogs and Nigerians etc in Ireland there are still more Irish speakers than speakers of other second languages given that it's learnt by most schoolchildren

What's your deal?

>And that is why?
It's because Austria has no right to say anything in the EU. We are overruled by german RefugeesWelcome-Cucks.

One Example:
Germany is allowed to have border controls on the border to Austria… because it's Germany and Germany can do everything they want.
And Austria is not allowed to have border controls on the border to Italy… because Germany doesn't want that.

We have the Euro, so it's too late, there is no way out of it.
But it would have been better if we never joined the Euro. The Euro failed and i don't want to pay Greeces debt.

Euro failed, Schengen failed, Dublin failed, Maastricht failed.

>Plus, it would give Europe a common element of society and thus a common identity.

Why do you want a "common" identity ? Why do you want to destroy what's left of our diversity ? And when i say "diversity" , i'm not talking about 3rd world invadors...But real diversity.

Why do you want a federalist europe when we have so little in common ? Sure , we are european cousins...But , language barrier aside , we don't have the same history or culture....

Why not be good neighbors instead ? and opt for a europe of sovereign nations ? Why should we copy America ?

Just look at America. Multiculturalism is an utter failure over there. Just like it is in Europe. Everything they have imported to europe. (ideologically speaking...) has been a fucking cancer.

We're shooting ourselves in the foot yet you still want to emulate them even more ? That's the EU's final plan. Federalism. Destroy differences. No more french , italian or polish...Just english (or maybe arabic). Seems like they're also hellbent on destroying the white race. (indigenous europeans).

We will never have a common identity.

Sorry, but it is not the Arabs who are a problem in Europe, it is the Turks. Turks outnumber Arabs by 20 times in Europe. And their birth rates are just as high as Arabic birth rates.

The problem ethnicities in Europe are Turks, Kurds, Chechens, Afghans, Pakistanis, Algerians, Tunesiens, Nigerians, Moroccans, and Albanians... as well as Romanian gypsies.