WWII photos

come and join me, lets share some interesting photos of the war and discuss who had the coolest shit

heres the ratte
german design of a super tank. it was never produced due to extreme cost, and the highly likely scenario of allied bombers taking easy aim at it...pissed hitler off right.

but it would have had a huge naval cannon and some smaller cannons like the maus had, and of course some AA guns to have some protection against the hoard of bombers it would no undoubtedly attract, even then, if bomber didnt take it out, its massive size and weight would have. combined with its obvious weight issues, the fuel comsumption would have been too costly to make this tank viable and successful. ultimately, the maus design won hitlers attention.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KjVE1XLNDJI
ww2gear.com/default.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

super lorin
a proposed jet interceptor with an odd design, as the germans were know for.

with the jets mounted on the back wings

A really interesting idea, but the problem is, such a large thing would be too heavy to transport, it would be the main target of every enemy airforce.
I think the Nazi Stealth Bomber was the best.

rheinmettal-borsig waffentrager

a special artillery carrier/tank destroyer

3 were made, however its excessive weight and high cost were too much for the ever-desperate germans.

Wait, are the /k/ommandos invading Sup Forums finally?

yes! the horten ho 229 was a sexy beast

it was supposed to be a fighter too, think of all the varients they would have made for such a versatile and revolutionary design

nah, if anything im Sup Forums

another pic of the horten ho 229
alot of people wrongly call it the gotha go 229
...and they can fuck themselves

sherman calliope

amazing little thing...essentially a portable rocket launcher like the wurfurhramen or the katyusha

this is a cool one, this aircraft proposal came from blohm and voss, a ship builder.

it was supposed to replace the aging stuka dive bomber.

heres the nashorn, or also know as the hornisse

tank destroyer with an open back, made its debut in kursk i believe. like most experimental tank destroyers that went into kursk and never came out, it was simply too complicated. broke down more often than it was shot at.

another pic of the ratte

notice the 2 wirblewinds it has built into the hull

I'm /kpg/, i rarely touch anything outside of there from within Sup Forums except some of the classical and metal threads

panzerschreck

the old call of dutys always had one of these in every mission

This thing would hava been redered useless by the square-cube law of engineering.
It would have sunk right into the ground.

I remember those days.

kpop general??? you fucking what mate?

Its just a running meme on /k/ that Sup Forumsfags shit up threads about stuff by derailing discussions on stuff like this by starting a conversation about nazi policies when everyone is just trying to learn about how much armour penetration different rounds for the nazi flak 88 had.

Theres a lot of bleed-over from Sup Forums into /k/ but not vice versa.

Honestly if you start this thread there it might run up to post limit over the course of 2 or 3 days.

panzerfaust "tank fist"

these brought death upon any armor that came within range

Which is partly why it didnt work.

Also too big for bridges and most roads, and its not manueverable enough to avoid artillery fire or air attack.

Even assuming it managed to close for combat with other tanks, it would just be a giant mostly-immobile cannon-fire sponge.

i never went to /k/ but i'll check it out

whenever i make this thread here it usually gets to the 500 mark. tonight i started it late tho

I'm no filthy race mixer but dem aesthetics i can appreciate.

I guess this was the only way Hitler knew tanks from his days in WWI.

He simply could not imagine a tank beeing fast and maneuverable.

Fun story on why the german rocket was so much bigger than the american bazooka.

They captured a group of americans and during interrogation demanded to know more about this rumored shoulder fired rocket the americans were cooking up.

The americans gave them outlandishly large (for rocket tech at the time) measurements on its diameter and range.

They said the bazooka that was going to be coming onto the battlefield soon would be a 6 inch rocket with a 300 yard range (it was a 3 inch rocket with a 100 yard accurate range)

So the nazis actually built a rocket similar to those diameters and specs in order to keep up.

fuck that its no shame to mix with hot ass asians i'd do it in a heartbeat they were honorary aryans for a reason

she's trying her hardest to look white

ha! thats awesome.

bet those americans feel shitty tho they helped the germans make a damn fine weapon

It's the half caste child that suffers.

Sorry to be off topic so here's my contribution

Krauts liked their race cars

its fine b

and only if you raise it wrong. sure alot of people say mixed kids have no sense of racial pride, thats false. teach them to love and respect both their cultures and to bring out the best in both.

i sound like a fucking shill

some kino

Degenerate. Stop posting this shit.

I think it was more of his megalomania showing through.

When the original line of panzer designs were ran it was done on the orders of his generals and advisors, and the series was noteworthy for being the first mass produced armor line that utilized rapid manuever warfare.

As the war turned against him he began increasingly micromanaging his military and preventing his quite frankly highly competent staff from making decisions.

As soon as hitler began dictating design features everything turned into this cartoony amatuerish obsession with colossal size and wierd only useful in 1 or 2 situation type designs.

Once politicians begin trying to fight wars things get pretty stupid pretty quick.

thats a cool one
saved.

heres my current wallpaper

soviets leading the charge

Psychological disassociation with a further mixed child will find it increasingly difficult to relate to an ancestor of theirs.

Take for example an negro mulato attempting to relate to say a Norman anglo ancestor with blonde eye etc. This is why you always see mulattoes associating themselves more in SJW movements and allying themselves with BLM and hating whites.

There's also the issue of biological developed disorders resulting from mixing as well.

Birds of a feather flock together.

I'm mixed race myself but thank fuck pass more for white

Actually they were highly praised. It made the germans waste a ton of money and supplies trying to research and manufacture something that was obscenely over-engineered for what it was needed for. (Something germans excel at)

In the crippling resource shortages germany was having at the time it probably shortned the war by a little bit.

a rare colorized photo of the panzerpugwaffe

Lippisch P.13a

THE.RED.PILL
H
E
R
E
D
P
I
L
L

If only jet engines came earlier....

they actually made a model for that thing??

thats something the aliens from independence day would fly, the fuck were you thinking hans!

Upper right image of nazi moon base is from the so bad its good comedy movie "Iron Sky"

no idea on the context of this one

Flying beatles of Nazi Germany, few people know of those, even fewer know about the whole volkswaffe.
True scary stuff, forced Roosevelt's hands, this whole business

short video about those
youtube.com/watch?v=KjVE1XLNDJI

>pic related

i want to believe...
the belle project is interesting...do you know more about the bell?

m8 that's what (((THEY))) want you to think!

Remote controlled anti-tank mines.

Had a 300 meter wire spool connected to a hand controller, you could drive it into a tank or use it to wipe out a machinegun nest (had like a 100 pound bomb inside of it.)

They broke down a lot and werent ever made in very large numbers to begin with.

First jet aicraft ever made it's maiden flight in my city.

Source?

The Panzerschreck was developed from captured bazookas on the eastern front or from North Africa. They used the 88mm rockets from another anti tank gun that was already in production. The Panserschreck was a much more effective design and the bazooka was later redeveloped as the war went on. Not the fault of American designers, just a lack of experience with smaller AT weapons.

those were remote controlled tank destroyers.

Not much, it's pretty fun stuff to read about even though it could be bullshit. I remember one thing about a missing sub loaded full of mercury (which was apparently used to power project similar to the bell) and how it went missing or got sunk near the cost east of britain.

A book titled "The Panzerschreck" made the claim that the germans wanted such a large rocket because they believed the lies of some captured soldiers that such a weapon was going to be put into use by the allies soon.

my fav

>, however its excessive weight and high cost were too much for the ever-desperate germans.

Story of Nazi Germany. Everything they developed was inpractical while the Soviets and Americans focused on practical designs that could be mass fabricated

i figured that, pretty expensive altough considering the cost of an enemy tank, more than worth it.

Americans developed Northrop N-1M first. Turns out these designs were too expensive and impractical for the 40's. Ho-229 was going to be almost useless as a bomber, it could only carry a small payload

i love wunderwaffe projects, i wonder how much of it was fair dinkum as fuck though?

I heard a similar conspiracy theory but it was about how the nazis had figured out "red mercury."

Red mercury being this fictional conspiracy theorist magical fairy dust that somehow enables radiation free nuclear sized yields in tiny packages.

Depending on the shoobity doobity level of the tinfoil hatter talking about the stuff is granted various mystical properties ranging from hiroshima sized detonations in a device the size of a pack of smokes to being UFO fuel.

if i recollect correct it was to be a fighter first

alot of it was either too expensive, but viable, or too expensive, and would blow the fuck up

like the triebflugel, that would blow the fuck up just look at the damn thing

Its a combination of nazi desperation causing them to try anything that might work and post war chest thumping by the allies meant to make the enemy they had defeated seem even crazier and scarier.

"Gee it sure was a good thing we defeated those crazies and thier doomsday weapon building mad scientists!!! Man, crazy stuff, got there just in the nick of time boys, GO USA!"

>Ends WW2 by inventing nukes

Haha lovin it, another i remember was the 'vacuum bomb', an explosive that was supposed to disrupt air fighters, most probably another Goebells propaganda project to demoralize the enemy.

hilarious

>and capturing all those mad nazi scientists and japanese medical staff who did horrible mengele-tier shit for their own projects

fucking hell that thing would be terrifying nonetheless to behold if it was hurtling towards you as a soviet

The Fliegerfaust, a German surface to Air Anti-Plane rocket

>however its excessive weight and high cost were too much for the ever-desperate germans.

Panther, Tiger, Elephant were all too expensive and overengineered too. Nazi tank engineering was terrible they would have been better off focusing on Panzer III and IV rather than spit out 20 prototypes that all turned out to be fucked

>Ho-229
Northrop N-1M was developed long earlier

>panzerschreck
reversed engineered American bazooka

biggest joke of the war. To use this gun; 3800 men took 4 weeks to prepare the site. 1500 men took a few days to assemble it. 250 men were required just to fire it. Assuming no breakdowns (kek), it could fire around a dozen per day and after 300 shots the barrel had to be replaced (250 test shots and 48 actually used in combat ruined the original). Each projectile was shaped slightly different and had to be shot in a specific order because of the physical changes to the barrel from firing the artillery. Someone more well read on the topic could detail it further, I wish to know more about this just because it's so fucking ridiculous the project was given the go ahead. Maybe the Nazis should have put this effort into making some Winter uniforms instead.

Tiger I was a complete piece of shit and the Nazis knew it, which is why they stopped manufacturing them even before Normandy. The only reason you faggots have fascination with it is because every Hollywood movie and computer game sets up the Tiger as some climatic encounter but in reality Western allies only fought 3 of them from Normandy to Berlin. It couldn't drive on 90% of the bridges of Europe and the engine was at 95% capacity just trying to move it. Complete piece of shit

soviets did it better later

We have a history board you faggot, stop shitting up Sup Forums with unrelated topics

>Metal gear Solid Hind D helipcopter boss fight intensifies

Anyone have a thing for trains? I need pics of that fabled of that wide as fuck civilian luxury train the Krauts had planned.

anyways:

DRG 19.1001 train circa 1941 Hitler

>Tiger I was a complete piece of shit

thats fighting words.

poor tiger ;_;

>It's not even friday

oh yeah sorry bro i didnt mean to interrupt another thread of how we should all gas kikes and call people niggers...

See
Post war once the euphoria of victory ended and citizens of europe were faced with the devastation left by it questions began getting asked about if some of the more excessive acts against germany were really necessary.

Some people legitimatley wanted to put some of thier own officials in with the SS officers on trial in nuremburg.

So a big propaganda push was made to paint the nazis as cartoonish scifi style bad-guys building death rays and shit.

Also, a large amount of top-secret tech had been captured piecemeal. Britain, the US, and the soviet union hoarded it all, and nobody wanted any of the other sides to figure out just exactly what kind of edge they held in what fields.

Disinformation campaigns about flying saucers and sound cannons based off of obscure fringe studies that didnt pan out were an excellent tool to disguise the real stuff they were developing based off of nazi-tech.

The UFO meme was a disinformation campaign designed to make it look like the government was hiding something.

They were, jet aircraft and assorted nuclear experiments and what not, just not aliens.

Or do people really believe aliens showed up and just so happened to look exactly like 1950's era scifi comic book depictions?

Wow textures were shit back then.

When did that get patched? I assume sometime around 1990?

hes bullshitting the tiger i is universally hailed as one of the best tanks of ww2 it was just a little complex is all. hes just butthurt trying to say everything nazi was shit. lmfao

Where my T-34 fanboys at? best tank of the war

>best optics
>light aluminium engine
>diesel instead of petrol
>much more reliable than German tanks
>85mm could knock out German heavy and medium tanks
>very cheap and simple design, easy to replicate, 50k tanks made over the war
>excellent power
>wide tracks excellent for muddy Russian Spring while German tanks sank
>doesn't freeze in Winter, Germans had to light fires under their tanks to warm them up in winter

Yeah, they covered that up too. My grandpa worked for NASA during apollo and there was "this german team" who nobody was allowed to talk to and were under heavy guard all the time.

Because they were all former Nazis and nobody wants to admit half the shit in the program was from them.

The germans should be proud americans landed on the moon, they did it in a german rocket.

was the pic i posted from a game? idk mang

>no money to cop a sexy as fuck Luftwaffe jacket

how much?

I'm talking about real life fuccboi. We went from black and white to color in the 30s I think at least some people got it patched in before others. I'm wondering when real life's textures stopped being so shit.

i dont want to shit on it but soviet tank commanders who drove the land leased shermans all said the shermans blew the t-34 out of the water in every aspect. and the sherman was assssssssss

That's Erich Hartmann's bf 109 right?
>Black rose on nose

Again with the shit textures but this photo looks way more recent! Maybe Russia hasn't patched in better textures yet? Something to do with the Soviet Union?

trains are so therapeutic for the soul.

can we do both?

Actually the cannon that required special shells each time was the World War 1 Paris gun... though a rumor has it that the Nazis actually were stupid enough to build a second one during world war 2.

Everything else was pretty accurate about how impractical it was, though it did destroy an underwater underground ammunition dump despite it being under 30 feet of water and 10 feet of cement.

Patton's doggo. 3 days after Patton died.

im pretty sure they never made actual models of the me p.1101/92 so i think the photo is just computer made

leather jackets don't come cheap, hell my motobike jacket was a few hundred dollarydoos

bahahahahah

ww2gear.com/default.aspx

Bullshit you think I can't tell real life from the computer?

Hungarian tankers.

The DESIGN of the t-34 was better. The manufacturing not so much.

Keep in mind T-34's were being built in factories in a warzone under frequent bombing, some literally rolled off the assembly lines and went straight to combat before theyd even been painted.

The shermans were made in the US where nobody was hungry, matierials and supply lines were utterly free and un-disrupted, and yeah, there was a sense of urgency in the Sherman's manufacturing but not a "the enemy is only 12 miles away from the factory" level of urgency.