It's pretty well established that if interstellar aliens arrive we are fucked either way

It's pretty well established that if interstellar aliens arrive we are fucked either way.

Okay

It kept me watching until they said Russians are the bad guys again.
Well, fuck you too, USA, I'm gonna pirate your shit.

Which is why we shouldn't be sending any signals out into space.

Space is the big leagues and you can bet your bottom dollar if their are aliens out there we are NOT prepared to encounter them

>11.11 release
>unite the world together and give up all weapons or die

WOW REALLY FIRES UP MY SYNAPSES

Why are you afraid? Hasn't the most technologically advanced raced spreading around the globe the best thing that's ever happened?

> implying aliens exist
Aliens destroying humanity is a scary thought , but it would be even more scary if they never do. Earth and humans are completely alone in the universe.

THE BLOODY RUSSIANS

because due to the laws of thermal dynamics nothing is immortal and needs to compete for resources to continue its existence.

Because of this we know that all life is ultimately based upon the competition for survival.

In the competition of survival, only the smartest, most ruthless, and most depraved creatures succeed.

From what we know of the universe what I have said would be true for all known parts of the universe.

Therefore ANY and ALL aliens we encounter, regardless of how they present themselves or what they CLAIM to be, will in actual reality, have our destruction and harm in mind.

The two greatest threats to ALL of humanity right now are being discovered by alien life and creating an AI

You didn't read the novel, did you?

nope, reading is for faggots.

>Resources are limited
>So we should stop thinking about getting off this dying rock because a metaphoracle white man might be out there

No, we as humanity need to continue to focus on creating the AI because honestly human beings are just a stepping stone to a more perfect organism.

We would never survive in space but the AI might

aliens wouldn't need to conquer earth. We already have 3d printers.

Now imagine 3d printers 300 years from now. I'm talking printing elements at an atomical level. They wouldn't need resources or anything like that.

We'll die either way according to you so why not continue with any and all astronomical efforts?

>Therefore ANY and ALL aliens we encounter, regardless of how they present themselves or what they CLAIM to be, will in actual reality, have our destruction and harm in mind.

Not necessarily. I think it's likely that if they were traveling on an interstellar level we'd probably have nothing they want in the first place. At best they'd come down just for the lulz of it to see what we're like and gather some samples and shit. At worst they'd gather some samples without us even knowing and then destroy the planet instantaneously. We wouldn't even know there was ever aliens if they come with the intention of destroying us.

>The two greatest threats to ALL of humanity right now are being discovered by alien life and creating an AI

Holy kek you're a memer. Maybe in the long, long term. AI is much bigger threat, but is really only a problem in a globalized world.

Futurama already did this

no hes backing up his claim we shouldn't be sending signals out into space looking for alien life, not that we shouldn't expand into space.

expand, grow strong, and hope by the time we meet another space faring species its on even or better terms.

radio signals dissipate after like 3 light years.

Any signals we sends take 50 years to reach the closest star which has no planet. By the time we reach anything we may very well be advanced enough.

in theory yes.

i personally agree its probably not as big a risk as many think, nor as set in stone the other species will be hostile.

i however also understand the very technology of a space faring race might simply be something we cant understand due to its advanced nature, and thus what we think is possible compared to them is likely skewed and if they are hostile, even if we are already a space faring race they might still dwarf us in power.

but eh, lets roll the dice, or more so, the dice is technically already rolled so we might aswell keep it going.

These are the countries that will lead us and make all the decisions if we ever get invaded by aliens. Thank you affirmative action

just read the 39 page story this is based on.

it's actually about a linguist who develops the ability to know the future from working with the alien's bizarre written language (in which events in time are perceived simultaneously)

the story is really about how she "remembers" the entire life, and death, of her unborn daughter, and yet still chooses to act out the life they'll spend together.

it's pretty cool.

Someone should Photoshop turkey using FaceTime.

You mean lithography/printing which we already use with CPU's which are basically 3D printers.

>nor as set in stone the other species will be hostile.

Are you really so du-

Are you really so confident that the aliens won't be hostile that you are willing to bet your life on it?

If I handed you a gun and told you to pull the trigger on yourself but not to worry because it wasn't loaded, would you be willing to bet your life on that?

this guy gets it

reading fiction is for faggots

>Are you really so du-

either insult me or dont faggot.

>Are you really so confident that the aliens won't be hostile that you are willing to bet your life on it?

not really, but like i said it was never up to me, and its already been done and will most likely to be continued to be done.

its simply not set in stone they will outright want to genocide us or even conquer us. it is a possibility though yes and we should be using more caution.

but we really arent.

>If I handed you a gun and told you to pull the trigger on yourself but not to worry because it wasn't loaded, would you be willing to bet your life on that?

like just a random person off the street for no real reason? no.

but obviously depending on the vast amount of details that might go into such a situation i cannot say it would be a no every time, though most likely most of the time.

like i said, the dice technically have already been rolled. might aswell see where it leads instead of simply hoping if we dont roll another the first will land well.

>might aswell see where it leads instead of simply hoping if we dont roll another the first will land well.

you clearly are if you cant understand a simple analogy.

nice ability to pick a single statement out of everything i said BTW to warp it to entirely what you want. you'd make a good politician.

its not, for what i gathered in the last 20 mins by google searches, the movie is about not reacting to what is perceived as already lost, about not fighting to turn things around to your benefit, accepting defeat

Basically HEXAGRAM 23

Sounds cool and deep in sci-fi/ancient mystic literature(which are one and the same), cause the writer is god so the events ARE fixed, but in real life its just an extreme way of cuckold thinking

Also, as usual with current mass media, all these "deep futuristic ideas" are just vessels for hermeticism