Anyone else feel Frozen would have been better if they kept the troll prophecy in?

Anyone else feel Frozen would have been better if they kept the troll prophecy in?

I feel it gives more backstory to why Elsa could fear her powers. It also becomes a nice twist when we learn the "ruler with a frozen heart" is Hans, not Elsa.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/texts?&and[]=The Snow Queen hans christian andersen
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I felt that the "frozen heart" was referring to Elsa, in that she'd been told to keep closed off and removed from her emotions until Anna's sacrifice managed to "melt" it.

Although yeah, the trolls were fairly bad in the movie. Something to give them a bit more weight - pun not intended - would've been nice.

Looks like Periwinkle.

There's a good reason for that.

Peri model?

Because it is Periwinkle.

frozen would have been better without the fucking bizarre addition of exposition trolls.

The trolls exist in the original literature. They cause all the problems to begin with.

Since chances are good there will probably be a new female character in Frozen 2 to sell dolls of, I hope she resembles Proto-Elsa in some way. Too good a design to just toss out even if I like what we ended up with too.

but they felt so shoehorned in. i'm not familiar with the literature so it was so weird seeing them pop up.

archive.org/details/texts?&and[]=The Snow Queen hans christian andersen

I remember reading the trolls were a late addition so I presume the earliest, non-related scripts didn't include them.

Elsa's original costume was dapper as hell.

>Anna is told she can't get with a guy she just met
>No one has a problem when she gets with Kristoff whom she also just met
Everything about this movie was shoehorned in.

Not really. The trolls were at least during Onion!Elsa stages.

The difference is she and Kristoff only start dating, meanwhile her and Hans were going to get hitched right then and there.

The trolls sang a song encouraging them to get married.

That's literally what I said. Onion!Elsa was pretty late in development.

Or a magical snowman.

This Snow Queen/ "Elsa", would of been better.

he was the only fun part tho.

I remember when I thought this movie was going to be 2D.

And also an adaptation of Snow Queen.

frozen would have been better if there was no villain at the end. and the conflict with Anna dying is because she never grew to love any of the two male leads so she has no one to kiss only to get kissed by Elsa revealing her true love so then she gets saved by Elsa and that reveals that it was enough to have sisterly love.

You can't be fucking real.

>naming the villain after the original author

Deep?

That was the best design for a Snow Queen but doesn't really work for Elsa as Anna's sister.

Just make the Snow Queen Elsanna's aunt, and have magic be more prominent in the movie.

Maybe tease that Anna has plant powers or some shit, magic being hereditary and all.

Was there a sequel or something? I don't remember the left character.

We all agree the intro scene was pretty subpar to average, right? The part where Anna gets hit in the head before "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?" It never flew that well with me. It's too fast paced and tells us just enough about Anna and Elsa, but not enough.

On a slightly related noted, it's funny how everyone thinks "We Know Better" is a cute song. If they heard the second part of the song they wouldn't say that

That's Elsa's earlier design. See . It's supposed to be blonde but most fans draw her with black hair because at one point she did have black hair.

But they still don't get married. Anna learns to be less impulsive and be more aware of her actions. The trolls are shown as being sappy and pushy but not to be taken seriously.

It's okay. Not amazing, just okay.

What I wish is that they took more time to address that Elsa's actions don't get a free pass because anxiety and depression, and that Anna's been through some shit too. They put Elsa and Anna on all the merch and show them to be perfect sisters, but Anna was seriously neglected all the way up until she was 18 and one could argue she has anxiety and depression too, just expressed in a different way. Even the fact that Anna forgives Elsa or everything in the end could be seen as worrying - she might think that if she brings anything up or disagrees, she could lose Elsa's friendship.

It's kind of fucked up.

I kinda wish Hans wasn't evil. Just make him a regular prince who genuinely thought that it was kill Elsa or most of the kingdom dies. Even the ice curse still holds up, he thought he fell in love because princes fall in love with princesses, but he was just as mistaken as Anna was.
It's a movie about breaking Disney traditions but it could have gone farther and just not had an evil villain who sneers with glee at killing a princess suddenly.

I love everything about Onion Elsa. I would have felt so warm and fuzzy inside when she would have turned good at the end.

Onion Bubs > Onion Elsa

Keep this frony shit out of here, faggots
--MODS
MODS
ODS
DS
S

Not him but he's pretty right. Without Olaf, you lose a LOT of the fun. Anna is a shitweak protagonist, Kristoff is very flat himself and Elsa does very little other than panic and sulk. None of them are strong enough to carry the movie and Olaf helps distract from this by providing a few good laughs.

they're just nosy parents pressuring their son to settle down and give them some grandkids

I think Anna was a fine character, but the writing and story tried too hard to share Elsa on the screen. If they just took a step back to properly explore how she thinks and feels about her whole situation, it could've been fantastic (like I said here )

I also thought it was ironic for the movie that tried to focus more on the sisters' relationship than romance, Anna and Kristoff as a couple were one of their most natural. Just like how Tiana and Naveen, another great Disney couple, never got a proper duet together.

I feel like I like all the wrong things about Frozen, and the sequel's only gonna make that worse.

But Hans would have been a great ruler, did you not see the movie? Sure he didn't care about Ana and Elsa, mostly because of their incompetence made them ripe for a proper usurping but he did right by the people and knew what to do during a crisis, unlike Dumb and Dumber.
People really didn't get this.

Yeah, just having no one be the villain would've worked better. Also would've eliminated the question of "why was Hans pretending to like Anna even in that scene where the only one who could see him was his horse?"

Would an Evil Elsa sell more merchandise than the default Elsa?

Well, the horse is probably fully sentient, and capable of scooby doo style speech.

>It's a movie about breaking Disney traditions but it could have gone farther and just not had an evil villain who sneers with glee at killing a princess suddenly.

Just like with Maleficent, Disney only cares about bucking trends when they have the chance to empower and give more depth to their female characters. So Stefan and Hans being mustache-twirling, evil assholes of a trope is overlooked as long as the female characters can shine through.

I never heard the second part. I didn't see it on youtube, I just assumed they never recorded it.

Little Elsa and Anna were cute. Cute!

Among older fans? Probably. In general, doubtful. There's big money in catering to little girls, as there always is with Disney, and villains detract from that. Twice as many princess' means twice as many characters be heavily monetized into figures, dresses, posters, etc.