So in the space of one issue we have

So in the space of one issue we have

>The entire Justice League being beaten, and Superman punched out,
By a guy who literally bought his powers.

>Batman breaking is no kill-rule by ordering someone else to kill Gotham for him
I guess he didn't do the deed himself. No wait, that's bullshit, he definitely broke his rule.

Anyone else who doesn't think the first Arc of King's Batman was pretty fucking shit?

To be fair, the powers that allowed him to beat the JL also killed him

Gotham Girl didn't even kill him. Gotham's powers killed him.

Yeah. He literally managed to go one round without seriously maiming anyone only to drop soon after. It was impressive for all of a couple minutes. In the grand scheme of things he's good for going up against an ultimate threat once. He's the ultimate one hitter quitter.

i think the subtext is just too much for you to wrap your little head around

But Batman didn't kill him. In fact, Batman was about to be die because he took the blame for pretty much everything Gotham was upset about.

As for the other thing:

>I completely lack reading comprehension the post

>King's Batman was pretty fucking shit?
It's been shit since the first Rebirth issue, senpai.

It's just that he did such a great job on Vision that people figured he'd do even greater things at DC (I mean FFS even DOGFUCKER shines at DC!).

Instead he pulled a reverse Soule and now we've got several years of Not-Supergirl and Black Robin to look forward to as they lead up to the ( semiannual ) Death of Batman. Joy.

>In fact, Batman was about to be die
Again. Just like he was about to die in the first issue. Because, in case you missed it, he's HUMAN! FRAGILE! MORTAL!

King's foreshadowing is about a subtle as a jackhammer enema.

He was great on Omega Men, too.
I think it's just a curse on Batman that makes author put out work far below their level.

this.

damn't, how did this cute waifu just shave her fucking head like that?! Lets all hope it grows back after monster men? That should be enough time right?!

>MUH ONE RULE
I love how people constantly hold this thing over Batman's head because of one line in one movie when it's been shown that Batman's taken out people multiple times over his 75 year history. Hell, Batman's even taken out people in that very movie trilogy.

Hairfags are the worst. We get it, you can't get hard unless a woman's hair touches her ass. No need to spam this in every thread

this

Using Vision as quality indicator for King. Not Omega men, not Sheriff.

Yes, this.

>Batman in the 80's

>not Batman electrocuting the The Mutant to death in TDKR

That mutant didn't die.

for you

Of course you fags just bring out the Golden-Age shit out of nowhere.

>well he did it a few times almost a century ago, it's totally fine if he kills now!

God, batfags are the worst.

literally my first post on her hair complainfag

Nolan's Batman didn't have a no kill rule.

snuffing out human life as if it's nothing is not the same as killing when forced to

He's already put out four separate great things at DC, one of which involved the Batfam. Personally, I think he just chafes under editorial restraint. He even said he couldn't go full introspective like he usually does for this one. (I'm still enjoying it personally).

This. He didnt even do it that much in the golden age alone, just a few times durign his first year.

Of course, if you read wikipedia instead of comics you get another impression.

King is a hack only good at writing no name characters and clearly chokes when writing major ones.

He should have stick at writing Vision and other no name characters like Kyle.

>, if you read wikipedia instead of comics
I see a comic here tho

>no name characters like Kyle.

> just a few times during his first year
I never implied he literally never killed.

Batman broke his rule in final crisis, when he tried to kill Darkseid. What a hypocrite.

he also broke his rule in the recent Snyder's run that most casuals seem to like

>Anti-King hivemind is now in full effect

As expected of Sup Forums

I don't think shooting a god of tyranny who is tearing down reality is in any way equivalent to shooting a common bank robber.

9/10 arc

/thread

>I didn't kill him your honor! Gravity did it!

it's not an excuse

Can someone story time the latest issue?

>GAIZ BATMAN KILLED SOMEONE OMFG
>OK HE INSINUATED THAT SOMEONE SHOULD BE KILLED AND DIDN'T DO IT HIMSELF BUT THAT'S JUST AS BAD GAIZ FUCK THIS WRITER

Read more Batman faggot this literally happens all the time now

>Hal Jordan
>Dick Grayson
>no-name

Gonna Storytime it all thus far tonight.
Possibly Son of Superman as well.

Are you an idiot? He was ready to let Gotham kill him to calm him down a bit when Gotham girl swept in to save him, Gotham then finished burning himself of what little life he had left (Batman didn't know how his powers worked until he was already bitch slapping the league).

>Superman punched out,
>By a guy who literally bought his powers.
To be fair we can assume his powers are magical I'm nature do it makes sense since supermans fucked against most magical attacks but for the rest yeah they got their asses handed to them especially Barry

>I didn't kill him your honor! He killed himself while trying to kill me!
I don't see the problem.

I do enjoy reading King's Batman, but I can't look too hard at the bought powers bit or I realize that it allows for something on the line of the first Authority arc.
Shit, how many Gothams could the Saudis field? Russia?
I like Supergod but I don't want it in my DCuckU, thank you very much.

Millar really didn't think out Seth when he made him an unstoppable monster that any asshole with money could put together and then no one else did anything like it

I meant Kaizen Gamorra's cloned sub-Superman goons.

At least those guys were weak as shit by Authority standards, the DC universe could take them easy

Already a thing. Since Rebirth brought back pre-Flashpoint stuff it means that Russia has the Rocket Red Brigade and the Russian Metahuman Corps, China has the Great Ten, Mother of Champions' children, and is currently building a second superhuman team, and the USA has the Human Defense Corps, all the anti-Superman shit developed under General Lane, Task Force X, and a bunch of government employed metahumans that either work on teams like Force of July, operate solo, or are integrated into regular military units.

Now imagine someone applying that MO except with Gotham tech.

OP has the reading comprehension of a grade schooler.

Did you watch Batman Begins?

Yes, he blew up a whole temple filled with people.

where did he say that he will never kill?

>there are people who actually like Percy's Green Arrow over King's Batman

Bruce says "I will not become an executioner," not "I will never do anything that causes someone to die."

And then he proceeds to betray the league and blow up the place, possibly causing many deaths.

he didn't plan for it to blow up, it happened while he was escaping and fighting for his life

And I'm sure he also didn't mean to let Ra's die instead of finding a loophole in his own morality and exploiting it like a hypocrite.
>I won't kill you
>But that doesn't mean I'll save you
Fuck you.

he saved him once at the start and Ra's repaid him by planning to destroy Gotham again

he did the right choice and didn't have to save Ra's from a situation he created

>China has the Great Ten
China's literally got New Superman.

>human defense corps

HOT DAMN! I loved that fucking mini and now it's canon again!

I one time went to a convention just dressed as a generic cod soldier, but I had an HDF hell invasion campaign badge and only three people got it.

Dude Seth was the peak. He had more powers than there are names for powers, he could do anything but bend reality basically, he was the agent of the most powerful and rich people on earth. He wasn't something that any billionaire could pay for. It was beyond even that.

kys my man

but the rule doesn't specify

that's becaue batman is shit

More like it's too protected to allow writers to go balls to the walls creative, after all the last thing DC wants is for Batman to suddenly stop making money.

no no, it's shit. The whole concept is retarded. The only good batman stories are the last joke and adam west's series. And the last joke is good because it's not a batman story at all. If you make joker a normal criminal and take batman out of the costume it would work exactly the same.
A man dressed in a bat costume battling a mentally ill man in clown pain presented like some sort of philosphical and existential struggle, with some of the silliest and camapiest characters created by DC that writers and readers love to pretend take part in some sort of deep and complex narrative.
It's shit and any attempt at writing batman will be shit.

You could say something similar about most capeshit, so why are you still here?

most capeshit is shit. Batman is the purest form of capeshit. The epitome of capeshit. The shittiest capeshit.

>Anyone else who doesn't think the first Arc of King's Batman was pretty fucking shit?

not completely shit, but very ok-ish. we all know that he can do better than some generic action blockbustr. This just felt without any heart

This, All Star Batman way better

Snyder keeps writing Alfred like a bitch, that will always sit wrong with me.

He writes Alfred like an actual character that cares about Bruce and is torn between wanting a normal life for Bruce and still being loyal enough to help him in his endeavor as Batman, way better than all the writers making him just an accessory to help Batman

Hello New52 baby. Im sorry Snyder made you think that his Batman was good when it was all mischaracterized and now you have Stockholm.

>no actual arguments

Casuals, when will they learn

>points out how everyone in the entire run is mischaracterized
>no argument

Admit it, youve read Snyderman, TDKR and TKJ and thats it.

all star batman > king's Batman

Keep trying, kiddo.
Not my fault you have only read Morrison

Snyder
>Bruce is Dickbats
>Alfred betrays Bruce
>hehehehe Chainsaws
>civillians sneak up on Batman

King
>Bruce is Bruce and loves his family and is dedicated to his crusade no matter the cost
>Alfred dons the Batsuit to help Bruce
>Prep time out the ass
>Batman pops up out of fucking nowhere and smacks Grundy's shit

Yeah no, stay casual

ONeil is the standard. Snyder doesn't write Bruce anything like that. King does.

You've never even read ONeil cause you weren't born yet though.

>>Bruce is Dickbats

This clearly shows how ignorant you are and how little you know about actual Bruce characterization

Except Snyder's Batman is way similar to the stoic but still caring man with an attitude of O'Neils time.
But keep namedropping people, you are going to fool the actual casuals that haven't touched a Batman comic before Dickbats,

>blew up a whole temple of ninja
>probably crushed some cops to death with his tank
>totally killed Ra's al Ghul

>killed Harvey Dent in the sequel

>killed Talia in Rises

BaleBat is a killer. Not a murderer like KeatonBat, and he tries harder to spare lives than Batfleck, but he's still a killer.

In fact, the only movie Batman I can think of that hasn't killed is George fucking Clooney. Unless I'm forgetting something about that atrocious film.

Snyder's Batman wasn't stoic but caring. Kings Batman is stoic but caring. Snyder's Batman is cracking jokes the entire time or being an autistic rage filled idiot. Bruce is akin to a samurai. He controls his shit and thinks internally unless he has something to say. You're a fucking idiot who hasn't read Morrison or ONeil and is pretendig that he has. You've obviously only read Frank Miller All Star if you think Bruce behaves like Snyder's Batman.

It was a great mini; too bad DC can't seem to get a war/political book off the ground these days.