Why did Australia, Canada, New Zealand develope a different accent to the British?

Why did Australia, Canada, New Zealand develope a different accent to the British?

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/33652-americans-brits-accents.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably the
>

Canadians sound like yanks. Kiwi's sound abit Aussie with Moari tones.

What about Americans accent how did that change

inbreeding

Millions of different immigrants from Ireland, Germany, France, Netherlands, Sweden etc who adopt English and their accent influence each other to make regional accents depending on the amount of certain immigrants in that area.

I cant figure out New Zealand though so its literally just Brits with a few Irish there.

why do Queenslanders say School, Cool and Pool like fuckwits

Americans aren't anglo

Ay fuck you mate

Nah Maori accent is really distinct from regular NZ accent. Ours is actually closer to Saffers than Aussies

keep cool bro, he's just a tool

Do Canadians actually pronounce the u they put in words like color
Like flour colower

The English accent changed just as much as any other over the same time. You're comparing offspring of a common ancestor, not children to a parent.

No youre a fuckig idiot eh bud you fuckin burger mange tabernac american merde

Anglo is cultural, y'know, since most Britons are ethnic Celts at the end of the day with some Germanic admixture. Don't delude yourself

The "American Accent" is actually closer to how English used to be during the 1600s.

The current "British" accent is a result of nouveau riche commoners during the industrial revolution attempting to sound posh. Dead serious:

>livescience.com/33652-americans-brits-accents.html
>It was around the time of the American Revolution that non-rhotic speech came into use among the upper class in southern England, in and around London. According to John Algeo in "The Cambridge History of the English Language" (Cambridge University Press, 2001), this shift occurred because people of low birth rank who had become wealthy during the Industrial Revolution were seeking ways to distinguish themselves from other commoners; they cultivated the prestigious non-rhotic pronunciation in order to demonstrate their new upper-class status.

The first Australians were drunk all the time. Their accent is the result of a drunken slur passed on to their children.

excuse me, but how the the British accent change from the American one? all indications are that the British accent was basically the current American accent, or close, in the 1600's and 1700's and changed to the shit it is today.

Yeah it's pretty retarded. I also hate how they say 'h' as hayche.

>Americans
>white

this

but thats how it is fucktard

The New Zealand accent was developed in Schoolchildren.

these children may have had an english father, welsh mother, irish teacher, Australian nanny, and so on. the combined frequency of these different accents being heard on a daily basis came together to form todays kiwi accent.

The Australian accent is that different to the Cockney accent. The drawn out Australian accent is due to the heat, you can clearly see evidence of this when one travels further north or inland and notices the accent becoming more drawn out.

Explain...?

The 'h' in 'h' is silent. You fucks sound like that black kid from malcolm in the middle whenever you pronounce it.

well we did it just to piss off the brits
and boy does it piss em right off

Not sure, do we sound british? I thought we sound more scottish than anything.

You sound more swedish.

Nigga, you're divided by thousands of Miles from the Mainland. We were literally divided by a river and developed different accents.

Most of you sound the same as Americans t b h.

Australians who speak proper English sound exactly like Britons. The local accents and lexicons are just different.

Brits*

Neither are the British

The more I drink, the more I sound like a stereotype. When I'm sober I have a generic sydney accent with slight Queensland influence because my dad grew up there.