Western Art and Music Thread

Post the best anti-degenerate, pro-Western culture we have; classical art and music.

Voted #1 comfiest thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y

youtube.com/watch?v=sPlhKP0nZII

youtube.com/watch?v=k_UOuSklNL4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F11flfiB1q0
youtube.com/watch?v=gTKsHwqaIr4
youtube.com/watch?v=j2Wv5AvqzfE
youtube.com/watch?v=UR-wEbZqT1c
youtube.com/watch?v=6-i1ESIRKdA
youtube.com/watch?v=pzViilLH-B4
youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs
youtube.com/watch?v=xacflWZig8c
youtube.com/watch?v=-HujjNQPv2U
youtube.com/watch?v=jAerHOMBcB0
youtube.com/watch?v=JyC7WBuyQYo
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI
youtube.com/watch?v=z7rxl5KsPjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bumpeng

Classical music is, in fact, absolutely obsolete. I prefer Hip-Hop, which is today's classical music.

What about classical art?

Looks pretty vapid and bland and corny. Graffiti is real art, bruh, if you know what I'm saying.

will any anons suggest me some classical guitar musics!

Western painting post Renaissance blows always anything produced in the rest of the world. Even today unlike in music or science, there is no non-White master of the brush.

Why is this? Is painting a relic of cro-magnon man and uniquely done best by European genes?

you mean classical rock written for a single guitar?

what is this shit on the pic? looks as if some stupid child drawn it. Is THIS art in your burger mind?

I'm curious, has there been any actual, recent good western art music created within this decade? It almost feels like I've listened to everything worthwhile that's older.

I've heard that some experimental metal band's making ground in art music schools but I forget their name and haven't bothered listening to them.

you are the shit-posting king

Here's American artwork.

>reminder that this was carved out of fucking wood.

He's posting that as an example of something that isn't art, you retard. He said POST-RENAISSANCE. A cave painting isn't post-renaissance.

Die in a hole, Ukraine.

This is Sweden's finest work: the cross dresser

Jazz is effectively White now
>pic related, the movie Whiplash

I'm not sure, but there are different "interpretations" of classical pieces by different musicians.

See following:

youtube.com/watch?v=F11flfiB1q0

You know you can do better than that, Sven.

Your countrymen painted pic-related.

Never seen it before

Have some more.

Not a painting but

Where's that?

Fuck, meant to post the bigger one.

Not sure picked it up in one of the other threads or one on /wg/ I'm on mobile so that's my only one.

Makes me think of Saint Peter's Basilica, though it's probably not the same.

Post art you fucks

That dog being there really pisses me off for some reason

Especially when you just KNOW it shat in the corner somewhere.

for its time, this was ground breaking. Just the idea of expressing ideas through man-made images is what makes French cave drawings important.

PhD Student in the history of art at a western university, back home til September. AMA

>1735
people shat in the corner somewhere too

Finally switched to my computer
1/?

2/?

Ground-breaking in it's time, yes.

What I hope, however, is that things like pic related will remain incredible for many more centuries to come.

/?

Kek

4/?

5/?

6/?

7/7
Thought I had more

keep mosting mih niqa

I always imagine the world in an epic WW3 war falling apart in a nuclear apocalypse while listening to ave maria..

Maybe you can answer this also, how exactly did modernist artwork that requires a splinter of the skill to make overtake classical art styles?

Or maybe it never did. I'm pretty uninformed on this.

>Submitted for the exhibition of the Society of Independent Artists, in 1917, the first annual exhibition by the Society to be staged at The Grand Central Palace in New York, Fountain was rejected by the committee, even though the rules stated that all works would be accepted from artists who paid the fee.

>Marcel Duchamp resigned as a director after the Society refused to include in the exhibition the Fountain — a readymade in the form of a urinal and signed with the pseudonym "R. Mutt." The incident pointed out that the exhibition was not truly open.

WHAT A TRAGEDY

>Fountain was displayed and photographed at Alfred Stieglitz's studio

>Stieglitz was born in Hoboken, New Jersey, the first son of German-Jewish immigrants Edward Stieglitz (1833–1909) and Hedwig Ann Werner (1845–1922).

WHAT A SURPRISE

"What's the matter, goy? Those hateful 'artists' don't appreciate you making a mockery of art? Don't worry, (((we))) can help you out :^)"

youtube.com/watch?v=gTKsHwqaIr4
youtube.com/watch?v=j2Wv5AvqzfE
youtube.com/watch?v=UR-wEbZqT1c
youtube.com/watch?v=6-i1ESIRKdA
youtube.com/watch?v=pzViilLH-B4
youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs

youtube.com/watch?v=xacflWZig8c

I few impressionist ones for school but not as high quality

Anyone /triptych/ here?

Also, have some Wagner.

youtube.com/watch?v=-HujjNQPv2U

youtube.com/watch?v=jAerHOMBcB0

Kekked the first time I learned of this song.

David Russell, Christopher Parkening, John Williams, Julian Bream, and Andrs Segovia are a great start.

You have anymore architecture?

At least we got some cool art out of the downfall of Rome.

thank you user

isn't christopher parkening the guy with all the turtle necks?

youtube.com/watch?v=JyC7WBuyQYo

This is a phenomenal question! It is often asked but rarely understood.

Here's some fun videos to watch that are somewhat right. PJW is less right.

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI

Basically, when you say the words "modern" people think recent, right? But modern in art history means "anything after Manet's 1863 displays at the Salon". Some argue that you can only call things modern until contemporary, which is the early 70s, but that's opinion, not fact, IMO.

Generally, art styles follow an ebb and flow that reflect the cultural and political changes throughout a nation's history. After the establishment of the Impressionists in Paris, anti-establishment, anti-Salon, anti-Academie (Academie [in France but existed in other places under other names] essentially the board of directors of a nation-state's investment into the longevity and critique of art) allowed others to follow suit.

"Modernist" art became more about the literally paint on a canvas. It then became about the message behind the paint, and what the paint could convey about paint on a canvas. Then it became about the artistic process. Then it became about the process itself. Then it became the "concept" of the process.

This process began in the larger West probably 1890s, 1900s, and increased in intensity whenever a bunch of faggots would try and start a new movement in a cosmo area of Europe-usually Paris. By the 70s we hit the stage where it didn't even matter if it was a line on a page, or if it was a blank sheet of paper. The point was "what was the process of making this art? What does it say about x?"

It became a way for nu-males of the 20th c to feel enlightened and pretend to be sophisticated by over-analysing nonsensical, talentless art, b/c they all bought into it for so long. And if they admitted that the art they praised was indeed shit and vapid, what does that say about the connoisseurs?

Dream Theatre, Liquid Tension Experiment, Pucifer, Porcupine Tree, Dominic Fresca (for mind blowing solo guitar), Spocks Beard, just to name a few technically great progressive rock bands.

for you, my friend.

Palatine Chapel in Aachen, for our boy Charlemagne.

Carolingian>Ottonian

Haha many of these guitautists could meet that description. But yeah he is.

I had a chance to see this painting in a museum recently and it really struck me.

>Americans such as the stoic man clutching his red Rome guidebook, accompanied by his wary wife, considered themselves the heirs of ancient Greek and roman ideals, emulating their democracies and architecture. Yet Bierstadt's painting documents the decline and fall of ancient Rome's monuments.

Someone should make a new version of this painting, but with a white person visiting a fallen European city now filled with Africans and Muslims.

Thanks needed a few new ones
went over to /wg/ and found a thread will post highlights
1/?

mikhail perkhin, 1891

rate

Also, I should add: just b/c people's taste went to shit and they began championing things that were ultimately subversive, you shouldn't stop the analysis there.

I earnestly believe that those who supported modern/contemp art enjoy the undermining of western values and beliefs. I believe they do it b/c they hate the West, and are glad to deconstruct our sacred art (and other things) into meaningless and vapid husks.

It's also believed by many academics in the community (myself included in the believers) that modern art, since it is vapid and useless, can have its wealth be artificially created/inflated to ridiculous and unimaginable lengths. Therefore, no one can claim too much wrong-doing when someone pays 100 million for a person's photograph of their faked picasso.

That is how and why modern art is probably a front for money laundering.

2/?
sounds like a clip from montey python at 6:30

That's really sad, in my opinion. This devolution of the artistic process seems to have been motivated by a perceived "lack of meaning" in the majority of the artwork produced.

I mean, look at pic related. St Catherine, painted in 1598 by Caravaggio. I won't go into it now, but the story of St Catherine contains plenty of meaning and feeling, much more than could be derived from most popularized "minimalist" art nowadays.

WE WUZ AUSTRIANS AND SHIT.

3/?
It went to shit when they decided art wasn't about beauty or admiring nature or form but political statements through the most outrages means

4/?

Most prog rock is great, and many prog artists are influenced by classical music.

5/?

6/?

It's good to see that there are some Canadians with some common sense. I imagine it's a bit suffocating at times surrounded by so many "progressives."

7/?

Caravaggio is one of my favourites. He was probably the closest thing to a Sup Forumsack in his day. The guy was a crazy fucker who didn't give a fuck. Wore his sword around town when he wasn't allowed to, told people the 16th c Italian equivalent of "fuck you, I do what I want", duelled peopled, killed at least a few people and never saw jail bars for murder. He got tossed in once or twice for suspected brawling.

Man was a legend and GOAT. His art was also on-point.

8/?

Americans have no taste

9/?

youtube.com/watch?v=z7rxl5KsPjs

10/10

looks pretty. Makes me wanna put a cup on it.