What did Sup Forums think of this, I surprisingly never knew it existed even though I know what the cartoon is

What did Sup Forums think of this, I surprisingly never knew it existed even though I know what the cartoon is.

Other urls found in this thread:

its-not-its.info
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

somebody post that earthbender gif

Because it sucks. I can give the list of reasons if you need them.

its hailed as really really bad movie. even if you watch it objectively. you knowing about the source I can only imagine what you would think. I never watched it just telling what i have heard from various sources. Not a fan of the show so never cared to see the movie. even my niece and nephew who where the age the film was aimed at said it was a piece of shit.

it's not even one of those movies that's so bad it's funny. It's just bad and boring.

Can you fucking stop this "Hey guys check out this shit I didn't know existed for 7 years" meme? You're retarded if you think it's funny.

>its hailed as

My film club has an annual "bad movie month" where we all vote on 4 movies to show for the month

TLA is almost always shown

This isnt even bad enough to be funny. It's just pain. Not even funny people can make it worth it.

There are a few funny moments, mostly having to do with the awful fight choreography and camerawork, but the entire production is so sedate and boring. All the actors were pretty clearly phoning it in, almost to the point of monotone. About the only thing to be said is that it's kind of surreal to watch ATLA's original plot being conveyed in the most incompetent possible manner.

Basically, it's not like Dungeons and Dragons the Movie, where you have Jeremy Irons orgasming with every single line of dialogue. It's just boring and painful.

Remember that M Nite claimed to be a huge fan and watched the series with his daughter. I can only assume he and his daughter havent spoken since and its ripped apart their family.

>its ripped apart their

There's a reason you've never heard of it and no one ever talks about it.

Second best M Night comedy.

Not everything needs to be live-action.

I liked the head tattoos in the movie. That's about it.

Still better fightscenes than LoK.

AAAAANNNNGGG

THE AREN'T EVEN IN THE MOVIE ANNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

>Basically, it's not like Dungeons and Dragons the Movie, where you have Jeremy Irons orgasming with every single line of dialogue

I mean you do have Senior Fire Nation Correspondent Aasif Mandvi trying to play a warhawk lunatic general despite being one of the friendliest-looking people in Hollywood. It's a feature-length version of the "I'm a rebel, Dottie" moment from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure but not played as a joke.

It's nowhere near as good as D&D, but it has a couple hilarious scenes.

problem moron?

its-not-its.info

Mind you're own business.

what're you fucking retarded?

the baller-ass fight scenes were one of the only redeeming qualities of LoK.

>standing stock-still and shooting element hadoukens for 5 minutes until one contrahent keels over
>baller-ass fight scenes

The secret twist ending is M Nights career was dead the whole time.

OH

MY

GOD

It is almost on the level of Dragon Ball Evolution for how bad of a movie adaptation it is. And thats just how it relates to the source material. Even if it was 100% committed to being a faithful live action adaptation of the cartoon that wouldnt fix the bad acting, the stupid casting choices, the weird up close shots, and the fact they couldn't call it Avatar: The last Air Bender because of the James Cameron movie of similar name.

If you liked the actual show and have some beers and a few friends handy Id recommend it for a laugh but thats about it

Only good thing about Korra was Zaheer and Tenzin.

>standing stock-still and shooting element hadoukens for 5 minutes until one contrahent keels over
You just described ATLA fight scenes. LoK fight scenes would be the same, but with more punching.

what's first best?

The whitewashing of the chocolate skinned water tribe just annoys me so fucking bad. And they made Zuko a fucking poo in loo too

Holy shit, that fire nation warrior. What is he even doing? That shit is golden.
If the source material was that beloved and the movie wasn't such a boring mess, we could have a collection of hilarious scenes like this. But who would even bother.

The film achieved one thing, though. It's so bad, not even contrarians pretend to like it or make up some bullshit about how brilliant it is.

They made the fire nation entirely poo in loos.

Better than them casting "we wuz kangs" as water tribes, though.

White washing ruined it

Hm, that would be difficult and I don't know any actor like that, but some black or metisses have blue eyes so it could work.

They should just have taken south east asians tho

Water tribe are native/inuits. But you just know current america would make them black.

You gonna regret knowing about it, OP

I haven't seen it but it's shit.

Oh my fucking god

You missed all the shitstorm surrounding this movie?

>that tiny single floating "rock"
Gets me every time

Look at that goofy ass fire nation warrior, swinging his sword in the air, not knowing what the fuck to do.

I kind of feel bad for the Aang kid actor though.

RIP Noah Ranger's job.

At least Princess Penis got the Asami gig because of this

Probably got picked on at school.

I think he gave up acting after The Last Airbender.

>Be a child martial artist.
>Dad sends video of you doing cool stuff as part of the castling call for Aang.
> M. Night doesn't think you need acting talent or lessons to act better.
> Tells you to have little or no emotion when filming when you joke and pal around when you're not shooting.

>Go back to earning more black belts when hollywood didn't pan out.

>castling

Just use indians, instead of making them FN.

>Jon, I'm live at the Water Nation Temple and I can see the riots going down below.
>Can you tell us what it looks like, Aasif?
>Jon, the more important matter is that I just killed a fish.
>...I'm sorry, what?
>Yes, Jon, I just stabbed a fish in a bag, and now the sky has turned red.