Did Eddie deserve everything bad that happened to him?

Did Eddie deserve everything bad that happened to him?
Or was he just really unlucky?

>Did Eddie deserve everything bad that happened to him?
No.
>Or was he just really unlucky?
Not really about luck. Spider-man focuses on bullies getting their comeuppance, even if it's years afterwards. It's shallow writing, especially considering that bullied Peter Parker becomes bullying Spider-man when he gets his powers.

Nothing horrible happened to him beyond the death of his parents. It's his own damn fault that he's the symbiote's bitch.

the way you react when shit goes badly determines whether you deserve that bad shit in the first place. it's weird i know but morality doesnt respect the flow of time.

also i never noticed before he's got one pant leg tucked into his boot

He no doubt had the willpower and rive to fight off the symbiote but he gave in to it instead. He didn't deserve it and it definitely isn't his fault the symbiote got him but it is on him for letting it control him

>rive

Anyone ever notice that Peter never explained why he took the picture. I get why Eddie got pissed, but if Peter just explained that he was doing it to help his Aunt May I don't think he would have been as pissed as he was.

I always assumed it was a thing like Eddie wasn't going to listen no matter the excuse because "You're just making shit up and using your aunt as a shield, fuck off backstabber" kinda horseshit they were pulling out of nowhere for peter's supposed "Best friend" or whatever he was.

He just was his best bro.

what's with his feet?

Honestly this show really bad at character growth.

> Aunt May was always in trouble or dealing with Debt
>Professor Connors never had enough money for research.
>Gwen Stacy was practically non-existent for the first season.
>Harry was a little prick when he wasn't acting like a loser.

No wonder Peter was losing his shit, these people cant handle their shit.

He was friends with Peter. That Parker Luck oflatches onto more than just the namesake.

he's got one pant leg tucked into his boot

>the way you react when shit goes badly determines whether you deserve that bad shit in the first place. it's weird i know but morality doesnt respect the flow of time.

That's honestly the best way to put it.

He deserved much more for saying "bro" all the time. What a twat.

>oflatches

>Honestly this show really bad at

This would be the first time I've seen someone give criticism to this show, and bonus for it being done in a respectable and fair tone, too.

Most seem to be too nostalgically in love with this show, and/or too into the auto hate of Ultimate Spider-Man to do something like this, and so cordially so.

People who are bad with money don't just sudenly get good at managing it.

Dr. Conners was shown to struggle with funding, but I don't see how the fact that he was always on financial shaky ground is "bad at character growth"

Gwen Stacy being a supporting cast member is not an example of bad character development.

Harry being a prick and a loser and developing into a villain from that after his dad shat on him for being a loser was his character development.

You don't seem to know what character growth is.

The homo eroticism that Eddie had for Pete was beyond belief. I swear, I thought this guy was gonna come out or downright rape Peter. Everytime Eddie talked about Peter he acted like he was light or someshit then gets upset when he finds out he's human just like everyone else. I get both their parents died but Eddie was fucking nuts way before the symbiote.

>Most seem to be too nostalgically in love with this show

Most nostalgia usually goes for 90's Spiderman.

How is any of that bad? Also that's not even character progression, you are just outright stating what was currently happening in the show. The only bad character progression they had in the show was how quick Eddie went insane and had a hate for Peter. It felt too fast. Also the voice actor did not do a good job of voicing Eddie went he went full Venom.

>Dr. Conners

While I agree that the show didn't do the best job in portraying it, Eddie didn't go insane out of nowhere. He was shown as being off the moment he kept putting himself in danger, and it came across as downright suicidal.

He was trying to put his resentment of Peter in the backburner, but it ended up becoming too much and overwhelmed him.