So instead of discussing the sad fact that one of the greatest cartoons ever is ending...

So instead of discussing the sad fact that one of the greatest cartoons ever is ending. How about we discuss which upcoming cartoons will actually be good? Mighty magiswords is already confirmed to be shit, but what are some other catoons coming out that have a chance of being good?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/8/11/12445758/rockos-modern-life-nickelodeon-one-hour-special-announcement
variety.com/2016/tv/news/hey-arnold-the-jungle-movie-nickelodeon-revival-2017-1201794474/
ew.com/article/2016/08/08/nicktoons-rugrats-doug-ren-stimpy-reboots
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only one I can think of is the Samurai Jack reboot.

That shit's gonna blow Steven Universe out of the fucking water.

>catoons

Fuck off grammar nazi fuck!

What's with the cancelled meme

SU isnt cancelled, gumball is.

>Not using question marks

Its ending?

I'm not gonna write off magiswords just yet. there were some things I liked, some things i didn't like. It could probably get better as it goes on.

That Bunsen is a Beast cartoon might be okay. Looks like a tolerable My Gym Partner's a Monkey although I hear THAT show gets good in later seasons.

No, gumball is. i probably shouldve picked a different picture

Disney has a bunch of shows coming up in 2017

> Tangled: Before Ever After
> Big Hero 6: The Animated Series
> Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer
> Milo Murphy's Law
> Ducktales

>> Tangled: Before Ever After
>> Big Hero 6: The Animated Series
Well, there shits fucked up

Meanwhile Cartoon Network has (According to Wikipedia)

> Mighty Magiswords
> Ben 10 Remake
> Justice League Action
> Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs: The Series

Thats not unrealistic. Those two are very popular Disney films right now and money makers. So of course they would milk.

Its Disney.

>60% of new content is just reboots

What the fuck happened

Because its familiar and marketable. And they dont need to put as much effort into it.

Nickelodeon seems to be going for original shows though.

> Pinky Malinky (Nickelodeon Gumball)
> Welcome to the Wayne (Web show becoming tv show)
> Bunsen is a beast (Butch Hartman's new show)
> Glitch Techs (From the maker of Fanboy and Chum Chum)

I got faith in Ducktales but little in pretty much everything else.

Oh yeah, I forgot there making a special for Rocko, Hey Arnold, and a Rebooted Rugrats show.

I fucking hope you are right user...because ALL the reboot they have done are shit and if they fuck up with samurai jack then we can lose hope on ever having a good cartoon again.
at least zim has been relatively good for now.

> Big Hero 6: The Animated Series

Please be good please be good

What year is it?

Oh and lets not forget about the new Megaman show!

Yes! Fuck tumblr universe XD

Source? Heard nothing about this.

Rocko
theverge.com/2016/8/11/12445758/rockos-modern-life-nickelodeon-one-hour-special-announcement

Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie
variety.com/2016/tv/news/hey-arnold-the-jungle-movie-nickelodeon-revival-2017-1201794474/

I was off on the Rugrats Reboot, turns out that one is a maybe.
ew.com/article/2016/08/08/nicktoons-rugrats-doug-ren-stimpy-reboots

Thanks, Timbox has left me endlessly suspicious when I hear of something from the 90s being revived. Pretty excite, though.

>billy dilley
>created by Aaron Springer of classics sponge bob, samurai jack, korgoth, and Mickey Mouse shorts fame (as well as post movie sponge bob infamy)
Shit I

*shit I'm hype

I've got high hopes for Samurai Jack. Please don't let me down Genndy.

Also, Milo Murphy's Law is by the same guys as Phineas and Ferb, so that's already a good sign.

I don't feel like there's really a comparison there. Steven Universe is more comparable to a more static, low-key Avatar the Last Airbender. There's action in many of the episodes, but it's not a high-action minimal-dialogue piece like Jack.

>both Lous dead
>chuckie's dead
>fucking Stu is dead
Yeah that rugrats revival ain't happening son

user I didn't want to remember.

recast them

Mysticons might be good.

>Mighty magiswords
I want to cum inside the girl so badly.

I'm talking about the success of the shows, not what the shows are about.

SJ in general has more to offer then SU in terms of worthwhile content anyways.

>I'm talking about the success of the shows, not what the shows are about.
Then I don't know what the fuss is. SU isn't even Cartoon Network's most popular show. Apparently, The Loud House is outperforming it.

I think SU is more popular but it's mostly pirated rather than viewed on cable, or maybe the appeal is international rather than American. The internet presence is far greater than TLH.

Internet presence means nothing unless you're a tiny team with a Patreon/Kickstarter, not a show made by a studio on a $500k - $700k budget.

I mean, when cute animal videos can get a million views over the course of a couple of months, "e-fame" is really fleeting and for people like Andrew Hussie or Chapman Brothers to make a living off of it is more of an anomaly. Most animators have to resort to LP's or "My Movie Review" series just to get content pumped out.

>i probably shouldve picked a different picture
Yeah

They will recast anyone like The Powerpuff Girls.

>Pretty excite

>lets not forget

Upboat :)

Disney usually makes cartoons for their films and a lot of the time said cartoons are great. Fucking Aladdin was a staple of my childhood.

BH6 might do even better as a tv series than the film.

Looks dull. Can't stand the way this dude designs characters.

Source on Gumball ending? That's plain fucked up. I mean it's a good time to go out rather than become a shadow of what it was but as your OP so appropriately shows, things like AT, RS and SU are still on the air.

Why do the good shows die young?
I miss you Tron