X-thread- Your kid is a freak

Previous thread
Favorite Runs, characters, things you'd change? Come one and all let's have fun.

I could fix the X-men but Marvel would have to give me editorial control of 3 writers and 6 artists.

Would it be annihilation style run?

Nah, I'd just go Ultimate Spider-man on the franchise. All the current writers want to do is retell old stories so I might as well harness that with an actual reboot. By placing it in a universe that is 616ish but doesn't feature any other ongoing books I have free reign to make the Avengers/SHIELD/etc exactly as mutant hating as required for the story, from suspicion to trust to conflicting goals and back to trust

>as mutant hating as required for the story, from suspicion to trust to conflicting goals and back to trust

soo...the current universe.

Why did SHIELD turn so shitty. Before Civil War it had been a semi-heroic organization. I mean yeah, it was dickish sometimes, but it always had the best interests of the world at heart...

Was it because of Hill?

More like hilltler

In b4 this becomes a waifu thread

Who honestly thought that putting her in charge was a good idea? I mean the woman is a trigger happy bitch with quite a few issues.

At least at the end of the day, Fury always had the heroes back.

Except there are no continuity problems. When Cap is a fascist in X-comics but perfection personified in his own comic you get problems. When you have two separate Caps that is acceptable, like how Ultimate Cap is nutjob

I thought they were always incompetent with Fury and his boys being the only decent ones

please let iara live

she's a cutie

Wonder what ever happened to her and Hellion?

My headcanon is that Hellion broke up with her due to his ptsd flashbacks and his thought that no one should have to deal him

I want to see her and Wolverine have surrogate padre/daughter moments

She's got the "i'm a berserker who can't control her instincts" issues

what has she done wrong?

Which books is she in?

made in Jason Aaron's Wolverine & the X-Men, only other significant appearance was Spider-Man & the X-Men

I hate when they make Mystique into Apocalypse

Oh so she can change on whim? That's less exciting.

Um...

Civil War- Tried to enforce a law that hadn't even been passed through congress.

Post Civil War- Was generally wrong about everything and her actions were driven by a dislike of Stark before Dum Dum basically calls her out.

Director of SHIELD- Generally acts like a moron and tries to control the superhero community or restrict them. Also set up a reality where she brainwashes supervillains, disguising it as rehabilitation.

those seem like good things though

Yes and no. Really, she's such a new and not all that important character that nothing's in stone. Even her design is constantly changing drastically between books.

At one point in WatXM it was implied that she's doing a pretty shit job at getting her shark side under wraps and spending more and more time in shark form, so there's your fetish for you.

Do you live in a totalitarian state?

this shouldn't be so hot

something happened with her and hellion?

not yet

Just got back from work. I saw some people saying they want Beast-Sublime back, but didn't Morrisson's run end with Jean amputating Sublime from reality entirely?

also whatever happened to No-Girl actually being Xavier's nega-twin? My reading has been all over the place and I can't recall if No-Girl is still around after Morrison or not

>Why did SHIELD turn so shitty.
growing resentment towards the IRL US Government as people realized the 'war on terror' was being used to undermine civil liberties and set up even more surveillance on US Citizens and failing to produce the results promised re: the middle east.

as people lost trust in IRL authority figures, the fictional authorities figures got painted as more untrustworthy.

She and Hellion hooked up in Spiderman and the X-Men after he admitted that he had the best taste in women.

Sublime has still been around, but he has ultimately been forgotten. No. No-Girl was possessed by Xavier's sister whom he killed in childbirth and she has been around as a background character who managed fuck Quire up (One of my favorite things in the world)

too difficult to pronounce

If xmen style mutants started popping up all over the place right now, what you think will happen. How will the government act? What will Sup Forums do? I've been curious for the longest

Set them loose on the Middle-East