I can't believe everyone loves Space Jam but Back in Action fell into obscurity

I can't believe everyone loves Space Jam but Back in Action fell into obscurity

It's a genuinely great movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pu7ouml_ljQ
youtube.com/watch?v=v2DpvKzXpvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People JUST didn't like it that much.

The ending nearly ruins the entire thing for me, to be perfectly honest.

Still, I think people are too quick to write it off as just "that shitty Looney Tunes movie", when there's some pretty good comedy moments in it. Even the human actors manage to get some funny moments here and there, from what I remember.

Bugs DOES have an incredible cross-dressing scene in it.

It's not a great movie but there really is no reason to hate it more than Space Jam.

I feel like it's almost too good. It's funny enough to be okay, and that makes it kinda forgettable. Space Jam is so completely outrageous and so distinctly 1990s that it has a lot of camp value to it. It's a movie where Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes play basketball with aliens, for fuck's sake. Back in Action is just "that Looney Tunes movie, you know."

What are you talking about, OP? I love this movie.

It might be hearsay, but I'd rewatch it sooner than Space Jam.

this movie was terrible. i couldn't make it past the half-way mark. it was unwatchable at that point.

Back In Action was way more faithful to the LT's spirit though.

I like it. The theme in the Las Vegas chase was my favorite.

Why arent there more lighthearted wacky as fuck movies anymore?

Been a while since i watched it, but one of the only scenes i remember is of Shaggy and Scooby getting mad at the dude who played Shaggy in the live action movie, and that was funny as fuck

Video For you.
youtube.com/watch?v=pu7ouml_ljQ

And video for you. Apologies for the crap quality it was the only one I could find.
youtube.com/watch?v=v2DpvKzXpvU

It's hard to sell to younger audiences now.
Idk, if Mr. Bean's last movie done good in theatres.

it's a classic
it's like Hail, Caesar
critics don't like movies making fun of Hollywood

Reminds me of The Muppet movies.
Over the top silliness, fourth wall breaks every few minutes, but somehow it didn't work as well.

That's the point, though. Back in Action was too similar to stuff we're long ysed to so its easy to forget while Space Jam was a mess but so out there in its premise that it got stuck in collective memory.

I have this movie on DVD and the fact that other people like it brings a smile to my face.

Critics were basically the main people who loved Hail Caesar.

hnnnnggg

I've never even heard of this until now

There's a reason it didn't do so well just fuck my shit up

>Being this underage

>long ysed to so its easy