Nightwing #4 Storytime

Time for the weeks dose of Dick

This page really needed some context for new readers.

Did not see that coming.

>'Wing
>the hand on Dick chest

Are we supposed to believe Raptor didn't make Dick his little cockslut?

Cute.

NEXT WEEK BEGINS THE NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN

KOBRA CULT?!

Wait no what what the fuck is this they had such a good dynamic fuck this shit why would seely do this.

NIGHTWING IS DEAD

Why is Dick so sexy?

Wait that's it? It doesn't feel like the Parliament got that fucked over.
Its pretty clear they'll still be around after this

I feel like I've seen her before but am drawing a blank.

Rise of Raptor is gonna be great

shouldn't an owl god have more feathers?

There is still the Court of Owls going strong. Parliament was just a new upstart offshoot.

Awww Damian and Dick friendship!

Best partner Tony coming through.

Well, that was nice.

What'd you guys think of this arc? Imho, it's probably the best thing Seeley's ever done. 7, 8/10 perhaps?

that was the perfect set-up to a tightrope gag and you blew it, Dick

Raptor is great, can't wait to see what the next step of his masterplan is.

I'm looking forward to the story where all of Dick's morally grey friends he's picked up from the past few runs band together to rescue him

I liked Seeley shitting on the Nightwing identity, but other than that it was an okay arc.

Do you think Raptor wants to kill him? I'm still not sure how bad he actually is.

Raptor seems very much someone who is eternally looking out for number 1, but in a way that extends to not offing someone he likes like because the person who thinks he's working for them wants it

I just want to say I really like how I've been seeing a lot of Kobra throughout the recent Rebirth bat-books. I thought they were pretty cool back in the day going against Flash and them popping up all over is really enjoyable.

It was good but holy shit fuck that last page they had a great dynamic why would you go and ruin it.

Have they been in Tec' or Batgirl?
I know they were the ones who brought down the plane in Batman #1 and i assume they're behind the Monster Men alongside Hugo.

I love Seeley's Dick! He knows his character very well! Another good Rebirth issue!

the way this plotline ended so abruptly made it seem like someone slipped King a memo that there was a DC-wide event on the horizon and he should fastrack things if he wants to avoid getting completely derailed in the middle of an important arc

I think they got a mention in Tec. when The Colony referred to them or something. Also Gordon Bats fought them right at the end of his time which I think may have been Tec.

>King
Seeley. But yeah it really seemed like the arc was rushed a bit for the crossover, the other books got 5 issues and Nightwing got only 4.

Yeah it's a bit rushed, but still not bad. Seeley also managed to set up some nice things for the next arc

Posting the solicits that came out for the next issues.

NIGHTWING #5
Written by STEVE ORLANDO and TIM SEELEY
Art by ROGE ANTONIO
Cover by YANICK PAQUATTE
Variant cover by IVAN REIS
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

“Night of the Monster Men” part 2! The Monster Men are stomping their way through Gotham City. How can the Bat-team face the monsters and the storm of the century? And when Nightwing goes behind the scenes to discover where the monsters came from, what lurks in the shadows may be worse than the monsters themselves!
On sale SEPTEMBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

NIGHTWING #6
AUG160199
(W) Seeley, Orlando (A) Roge Antonia (CA) Yanick Paquette (CA) Ivan Reis, Joe Prado

“NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN” part five! The hunt for Hugo Strange rages onward as the Manipulator rises and uses the citizens of Gotham City to shield itself from the Bat-Family. All while the monstrous version of Nightwing looms over Gotham City.
In Shops: Oct 05, 2016
SRP: $2.99

NIGHTWING #7
AUG160207
(W) Seeley (A/CA) Javi Fernandez (CA) Ivan Reis, Joe Prado

“RISE OF RAPTOR” part one! The Parliament of Owls wasn’t brought to justice like Raptor promised Nightwing-it was eliminated! Raptor’s methods have crossed the line and Nightwing goes to apprehend him. Upon his arrival he discovers Raptor’s true intentions and obsessions…
In Shops: Oct 19, 2016
SRP: $2.99

NIGHTWING #9
Written by TIM SEELEY
Art and cover by JAVIER FERNANDEZ
Variant cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“RISE OF THE RAPTOR” conclusion! Raptor’s true colors have been revealed as he takes Batman hostage! Nightwing will have to use every skill he’s ever learned to save his old mentor from the wrath of his new mentor.
On sale NOVEMBER 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

NIGHTWING #8-9
Written by TIM SEELEY
Art and cover by MARCIO TAKARA
Variant cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
“FACING DESTINY”! In this single-issue tale, Nightwing is being attacked in his dreams by Dr. Destiny, and the only person who can help him is Superman! But following Nightwing’s confrontation with Raptor and the aftermath of “Night of the Monster Men,” can Nightwing trust a Superman he doesn’t know—or will his lack of trust get them both killed?!
On sale NOVEMBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

They were mentioned so far in..
-Batman 1
-Tec 3 or 4(can't remember)
-Suicide Squad #1 backup
-Nightwing 2

and now here, don't be surprised if we get some big Kobra crossover soon.

Don't go trying to get my hopes up so much. I just like seeing them around.

This makes me so fucking mad.
I loved raptor as he appeared to be fuck this twist man.

That said if the oportunity it has set up with this superman bit turns out good i will forgive it.

>Upon his arrival he discovers Raptor’s true intentions and obsessions…
Raptor wants to force Dick to teach him better circus moves?

Damian hiding like a kid when mommy and daddy are fighting.

Wait is that Manbat?

Dick and Damian are so fucking cute together. spinoff when? Seeley said he'll be appearing in Nightwing more right?

SPYRAL SYMBOL?

Bruce is jealous.

Isn't Tiger the boss of Spyral now?

Who does Damian love more? Dick :D

Yep. Glad he and Dick are still buddies.

Dick is totally Damian's overprotective dad.Dick is a better daddy than Bruce.

Dick babysitting Damian and Jon spinoff next year pls

He loved Bruce more.

ahahahah exactly.

I like how Seeley mentioned the Kobra genetic modifications.
That was done by Greg Rucka in Checkmate, where Kobra was working with Egg-Fu to graft alien DNA to humans to create snake-men. That's literally the ONLY thing still around from that run.

I-I've never wanted anything so bad.

If that's what it takes to get 4 issue arcs instead of a six issue heavily decompressed arc so be it.

I honestly thought she was the lady from the Authority comics or something for some reason

Nightwing/Raptor absolutely happened

I trust based Orlando

I can't wait for the Rossmo drawn issues of Monster Men, it's gonna look so good.

A shame that Nightwing got stuck with the shittier artist.

I don't think Seeley wanted to do much with the Owls in the first place. This arc was all about Raptor, and less about the Parliament

>already dying
too little fanservice for you all?

Does every Nightwing storytime have a bunch of queershit acting like 12 years old girls?

Unrelated to this book, but Nightwing's been confirmed for Teen Titans cameos, talking to both Damian and Starfire.

Check it out, fellow Dickfags.

Yes.

Who's drawing Tec?

>wanting to read a cursed franchise

Why? Its patethic.

For the same reasons waifufags waifufag.

But they don't act like 12 years old fanic-prone girls.

Who?

Well yeah there are differences in behavior between straight men and gay men/a handful of straight women.

So fags are just patethic in a very speciphic way? That just happen to look like the behavior of a 12 year old girl writting fanfics?

>You can't really beat the view from a satellite orbiting Earth, right?

He's aware

I like how tight this arc was told a fun story and poked not!muh in the eye. Seeley seems to be going for an overarching narrative using smaller arcs as opposed to the mega arcs style

It was probably a 6-issue arc split in two for the crossover. At least the break here makes sense though

Eddy Barrows (formerly of n52 Nightwing ;) and Alvaro Martinez (one of the best of the Eternal artists).

You know it's gonna happen. There is no way it doesn't.

>and I owe that to you Bruce

Those feels.

By the way:

Kobra people were the one who took the anti-air missiles right before Batman #1. Either Strange helped them or was just tying up loose ends, but in any case, the plane at the beginning went down, causing the rest of the "I am Gotham" arc to happen.

>It's ok, she's not pregnet. I checked.