AQUAMAN #6 STORYTIME

AQUAMAN VS SUPERMAN AND BLACK MANTA VS N.E.M.O.

Variant

When i first saw this page i thought the use of a contraction was a mistake but the more i think about it the more i realise it works well here.

Fuck!!!!

Well done Arthur!!! This is how you treat with the US goverment lackey. Attacking a king, a state leader in diplomatic mission like he is a criminal.

Mera you are the best wife that a superhero could have!!!

>Lantern,Flash, and Cyborg
what a random trilogy

This is really fucking shit.

lmao

Its probably the weakest issue so far you may even be able to call it bad if you stretched it but its nowhere near shit.

This I like.

well, Latern/Flash (hal+barry; kyle+wally) is a very well established duo, but then he'd have left Cyborg out.

Manta you freaking badass!!!

Abnett really has a thing for killing characters with potential to be interesting

The end.
I'm liking this arc so far and giving Manta his own subplot was a great idea

Oh please, this hero vs hero fight is retarded and feels like shoved in, it's like I'm reading an early 00s cape comic where every asshole superhero is just looking for a reason to punch some other asshole superhero. The shitty dialogue doesn't help either.

Great issue by based Abnett!!!

Arthur teach a lesson to Supes, about what means to be a leader, instead of being a servant.

Yeah, I like it as well. Finally giving Manta some purpose besides joining anti hero teams and being pissed about his father being dead

It was a decent issue but it has 1 major flaw.
If you have not read the previous issues it seems really weird the way he is complaining about being the black sheep and whatnot. Having read the entire run so far i know he is simply at breaking point but to a new reader he just seems insane.

This could have been fixed by cutting out some of the fighting at the start for a few more pages of dialogue to establish what has been happening and arthurs growing frustrations.
It would also have helped solve the problem of supes seeming a little to much like an arsehole here.

Run has been fucking great so far but I'm really not a fan of government dog/dick Supes. ESPECIALLY since this is pre-52 Supes. He's acting completely different than he is in Superman or Action.

People always seem to forget batson is technicly still a member of the league arthur should have listed the 2 duos of flash/lantern and cyborg/"shazam"

i completely forgot about billy. he hasn't been around in ages i feel like

Jesus Christ Manta.

Is it my imagination or is all the art feel a bit cut off? Like each page was originally 20% taller and wider but it was downsized to fit on the proper comic page. I'd really like to see the pages being drawn in progress.

Why would some pick up issue 6 and then complain they don't know everything?

Looking real Neal Adams there Arthur.

Mera's got it going on. Atlantians into butt stuff?

He isn't though. He's probably on JLA with Lex now

Arthur you're venting, you know he's not even the Superman you knew and that New 52 Supes is dead.

Black manta is based

Manta you smug motherfucker

Mera best waifu

Aquaman was talking about the big seven

;D

>Loyal and True Trio
>Cyborg
I hate this meme

Marvelfag go home

He was in the league in superman rebirth. (Or was it action i forget)

Superman is written as very stupid in this book. I guess his reporting skills got rusty.

Marvelfag pretending to be a retarded DCfag to make DCfags look bad detected. Eat shit.

Because its a monthly publication.
You dont need to know everything but you do need to know the main points.
This did auctualy give the main plot points but with the direction the issue took it would have benifited from a little more exposition so the reader understood he had had an incredibly frustrating few days.

Hacks always write guest starring characters as stupid to make their starring characters look better. Oldest trick in the book desu.

Really user.
I mean yeah hes dead wrong this is a 4/10 at worst but saying he must be a marvelfag is pretty stupid.

but this is an arc though no issues tell stand alone stories anymore. No one with half a brain woud jump in in issue six and complain their lost its issue six.

Welcome to the modern readership

>Boo hoo!
>I'm the creepy fish guy nobody trusts!
>Wah wah wah!

Should change his name to Aqua-Pussy.

First time i've read a arc of Aquaman properly and i'm liking it, any recs on other good Aquaman stories I can check out?

Is that a fucking shark with robo-wings?

Atlantis you scary!

For telling the truth, Superman kind represented the defender of the american way, so even if his reaction a bit exaggerated, it's not that i couldn't see him defend US from what was supposed to be an attack from an advanced underwater civilization.

Detective comics is at issue #939 user.
How the fuck can you expect readers to know where the arc begins and ends are they to be expected to just wait for the next arc to start before picking up the book.

Mera why the fuck are you using your fists? He's Kryptonian. You're a witch. This fight really shouldn't last that long.

because trades don't exist?

I guess she'd rather try to convince him to stop while punching him than trying to do the dehydration trick she's been pulling against the soldiers and risk pissing him off even more.

does Superman even need water? he's a living battery?

I'm sure it'd weaken and irritate him. Wouldn't stop him from kicking their asses though.

Not for any of rebirth yet.
Also rebirth has been explosively popular people are going to be picking shit up all the time.

I dont mind arcs so far dc has done a good job of getting people up to speed on whats happening at the start of each issue (they really should just do recap pages like marvel though) including in this issue but without that context it just seems weird.

>Turns out N.E.M.O world domination plot was foolproof.
>Until Manta killed the boss, now all they do is fight Aquaman.

I so want that to be where this plot is leading to.

you're complaint doesn't make any sense especially since aquamans rebirth has only 6 issues new readers will start issue number 1

> every issue should be a jumping on point
>all comics should waste time explaining what happened last time
>arcs and continued plot lines are bad because new readers should be able to pick up any issue and know everything

is anyone else upset the king is dead I kind of wanted to read more about him

because the title page usually say "title part x of x" or some such thing?

I still have hope for sarks survival.

BASED
MANTA

I honestly don't see any other way it's going to go.

I knew he'd pull what he did within the next 2-3 issues, as of issue #5, it was just a matter of when.

He'll definitely run NEMO to the ground by diverting every single resource into killing Aquaman.

what are the chances the fisher king survives

Holt shit this is a fantastic cover

I hate when some charaters are bad written just to shine the Creator Pet.

I just noticed on the cover it looks like Mera is starring at supes ass in shock

This is Pre-Flashpoint Superman right? So Arthur doesn't really know him right? So why does he call him Clark and shit? Bitch you're not acquainted with this Superman.

how often is superman from other earths not called clark

>I-It's not like that.
>Really? Who do they sent after you?
Hmmm

>Superman handing out ultimatums
Wtf

That's something Nu52 Supes would say, not the original Superman.

Least of all to Arthur.

Writers have been writing New 52 Superman for so long they forgot how to write old Superman.

>Or else I'm placing Atlantis to the middle of a fucking desert.
So original Clark.

Quite often, actually.

I meant is his earth name not clark kent

Also, now Manta and Aquaman are both 'kings' of different organizations which should hopefully develop into interesting parallels.

>Superman getting rekt by fucking Aquaman

I've had enough of this. bring back Superbro.

He's being polite.

If he just no-sold everything Arthur did, it'd make him feel bad about himself, so Clark was faking it a little, taking a dive, so it seemed like a fairer fight.

Notice how he wasn't showing a single hint of being hurt by the end of their little dust-up?

Wasn't an especially good issue like the first 5, but at least the plot is moving along and having Supes be there to explain just how fucked Arthur's situation is worked.

Definitely on my favorite runs so far.

>that codpiece

Really?

You're the only one focusing on it you degenerate.

"Yes Arthur that's why I'm asking you what's going on here if you'd get off the rag for a damn minute."

It is disappointing how there's no real "conclusion". Multiple issues of arguing and fighting, and it "ends" simply because it needs to, while not really ending at all. Nothing was really accomplished.