The Crow Reboot Starring Jason Momoa Begins Filming Next January

screenrant.com/crow-reboot-jason-momoa-2017-filming/

Holy miscast Batman

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/crow-reboot-jason-momoa-2017-filming/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why does Momoa keep getting cast in these iconic roles? He looks like none of them, he can't act, and he's even too big for some of them (like Crow).

Isn't the whole point of the Crow to be a wiry, spooky guy? A giant muscle hulk is normal intimidating, not eerie intimidating

Funny, Sting was inspired by the Crow and now it looks like the influence goes both ways

Time to replace those life rounds with blanks, I guess.

This is like when everyone was fan-casting people for BvS Lex and it was a tiny pool of actors who were known for roles where they were bald.

Except this time it was the producers and they got him for long hair and angry-looking brows. Absolute madmen.

>Jason Momoa
Why would they cast him?

lel

Great post.

It doesn't need to be a reboot! Just make anew Crow movie! Fucking Hollywood!

looks like a gay lobo

>anew

I thought this was fake

It's not but your image is

As if every single sequel wasn't already a shittier retelling of the original movie.

Sounds like they're taking a shot in the dark with the casting!

Sam Witwer was BORN to play The Crow

I bet in the new Crow movie this time Eric Draven will be a big time rocker selling out arenas and shit. There will probably be a cameo by Bieber and Lady Gaga. Also his little side kick will be a nigglet. Guy of Gisborne and Black Ghostbuster will make a cameo as sleazy Hollywood agents trying to get Eric to go have an acting career

He would have been perfect as Lobo

How is he a miscast? Just because he's too big?

They should remake the Phantom and The Shadow with this guy as well.

Its funny because this is the kind of role he would be doing if he didnt get the Aquaman job

But hes still doing it anyways...

storytime the comic, do it!

This remake has a troubled history. They have gone through like 7 lead actors and a lot of money has already been spent on this film that hasn't even started yet. I think Momoa is kind of a last resort.

Wonder what Cavill is doing, I feel like isn't getting enough roles. That Superman curse, if it doesn't kill you, it kills your career.

Eric draven is supposed to be a goth looking punk. I mean punk in the "looks like he gets fucked in prison a whole lot" definition.
he's not supposed to be someone you'd take one look at and say "I shouldn't fuck with that guy." He's supposed to look like a fucking joke until you shoot him a whole bunch and he doesn't fucking die.

Was crashing and burning Conan not enough?

>Was crashing and burning Conan not enough?

Conan was decent. He didn't do a bad job in the slightest. The failure wasn't his fault. It was probably simple rehash fatigue.

Conan was not decent, Momoa has no charisma whatsoever and the whole thing looked and felt like a Xena episode that was passed on. I don't really understand Hollywood's obsession with this guy. The only thing he has going for him is the fact that he looks like what a 14 year old thinks a 'badass' should look like. Which I guess makes sense when you consider who this crap is targeted at.

UUUU

>Momoa has no charisma whatsoever

I love it when you guys state your opinion as if they were independently verifiable facts. lol

oh wow he drinks beer and is muscley. Even Vin Diesel has more personality.

It depends on your perspective I guess. As a remake to the movie yea he seems miscast. As a Reboot of the Crow property I don't see a problem as I believe Eric was a garage mechanic and not a rock bands lead singer.

On the current trajectory DCEU is headed I think having a back up plan is a good move. ESPECIALLY if you're Aquaman. Whoever the hell is playing Cyborg should probably have an eye out for side jobs as well.

>Even Vin Diesel has more personality.

Wait, since when does Vin Diesel not have a personality? He's as big a nerd as any of us are.

>Cyborg should probably have an eye out

Rimshot.

Why is roman reigns getting cast in everything lately?

Is this a Lobo movie?

How can you be miscast as The Crow? The character can be literally ANYBODY.

A cute quote and a picture of guzzling alcohol doesn't equate to be charisma, user.

It's proven by a track record and thus far he doesn't draw people.

>not Lobo
ONE JOB

IT CAN'T FRAGGIN' RAIN ALL THE TIME, RAMONA!

Because it's a reboot with the Eric Draven character rather than a new guy.

>Mamoa is crow
Well atleast they got his race half right.

>It's proven by a track record

lol. So he has no charisma cause he does poorly at the box office in a rehash movie that one time. Meanwhile people fucking loved him on GoT. Say Kal Drogo around one of the millions of chicks who watch the show and they're going to have a small accident.

But yeah. He's dull or something says the guy posting on Sup Forums.

>The character can be literally ANYBODY.

Yeah, but Draven is a twinky faggy looking goth dude. He's not supposed to be imposing at all.

He's the current Elba/Fassbender/Prat/Cranston

I think that would be Elba still but atleast that makes sense since he has talent.
Mamoa had a single successful role in which he was a borderline mute who did nothing but be aggressive. Conan died in theaters but now he's Aquaman and the Crow? Why? What makes him worth it to people?

Being a meme from some shitty HBO show isn't charisma.

He is dull, I don't care if tons of women like him because he is a walking romance novel cover. He belongs in endless direct to video Scorpion King sequels and nothing more.

Horribly cast.

Lobo?

Your opinion is your opinion. It's not a fact. I think I've already pointed this out for you.

>He is dull

lol

Why are you guys so salty over this? Dude seems chill as fuck. I forget though. You guys also think Vin diesel doesn't have a personality.

Not a bad one.

None.

WEW

>Conan died in theaters but now he's Aquaman and the Crow? Why? What makes him worth it to people?

I don't know. It's almost as if he were in a national phenomenon show in the interim period or something. But nah. That can't have happened.

What's up fellas? The guy's got heat.

I said he's a shit choice for Draven but he's got the shit ladies like....

Wait. I think I suddenly realize what this is all about.

Fuck I thought it was him. I don't give a fuck about the Crow.

>It's almost as if he were in a national phenomenon show
He's been dead for five seasons and no one fucking cares.

He gets fanmail on a regular basis from fangirls and housewives saying how much they want to fuck him. And the shittiness of the latest two seasons just makes his appearances stand out more.

>Momoa won't just fucking play Lobo

Let's feel hope.

i'd buy that if he had actually been required to act in GoT but the majority of his scenes were waving his arms around and grunting

>Dude seems chill as fuck
Who the fuck cares? What are you going to do, hang out with him? It doesn't matter how much you want to suck his dick, he will always be a direct to video talent at best. But then even the direct to video movies he is in are awful and he is awful in them. He can't save a shitty movie just by being in it like some actors can. He should actually just fuck off and stick to modelling or something before he does more damage to existing properties.

Except he's not, because they can actually act

Wait, do they actually think people are going to care about The Crow if nobody dies during production?

Unless they're planning on killing Momoa...

>People in this thread comparing Memea with Vin Diesel

I thought this was a Lobo fan poster from the catalog thumbnail.

fucker`s gona look like the main man lobo and sheeeeeiitt

Me too

But Conan was coming in hot off Khal's popularity and it bombed. His popularity as Drogo didn't translate into an audience, same as Clarke's popularity as Khaleesi didn't translate into an audience for Genysis.
In the end they're just two muscley ambiguous brown guys to these people.

They should've cast a woman. I'm serious. That would've helped differentiate it from the original, make it more unique.

Well at least nobody will miss him when he dies.

>no one fucking cares.

Do you know how I know that you don't know any women?

lol

>but the majority of his scenes were waving his arms around and grunting

That's still acting. It's not all dressing up like a fag and reciting Shakespeare.

>Who the fuck cares?

Wait, isn't this argument about you and your undoubtedly incel friends reeeing about Handsome McGee not having any charisma? Him giving off chill dude vibes *is* the argument.

>It doesn't matter how much you want to suck his dick, he will always be a direct to video talent at best.

Dude. You're really mad that someone else is chill and undoubtedly getting laid right now. How does that work out for you?

>His popularity as Drogo didn't translate into an audience

That doesn't mean he did a bad job. Both movies you mention were tired rehashes of old ideas. Instead of REEEEing about how they're bad people with no redeeming qualities (lol), you don't think reboot fatigue had *anything* to do with it?

Not even a bit?

Hell, I'm a huge terminator fan *and* a huge 12 fan and I took one look at buff Kyle and said "lol, no."

>a huge 12 fan

Shit. I meant to write 11.

I'm hoping, if this is a success they will go through adapting the actual Crow comics.

They tried in the original.

RIP Jason Momoa

Mamoa please go

>lol

Well Eric was actually pretty ripped in the comic so him being big isn't necessarily a problem. However Momoa is still miscast. Doesn't have the right face and voice for the role.

Ellipses are three dots.

Huh.
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's calendar must have been full.

>Van Disel
>big

>Van Disel

*Vin Diesel

They'll never make a Crow movie as sad as the book.

>They'll never make a Crow movie as Emo as the book.
Fix'd

>using the word emo
>2016

Gross.

>That's still acting. It's not all dressing up like a fag and reciting Shakespeare.
Jesus. I was with you until that. You suck and so does Momoa. His detractors suck too, no one's exempt from this.

>Ellipses are three dots.

Jesus, as if I can see how many periods there are on this phone screen. That's some next level nitpicking.

>You suck and so does Momoa.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

Watch, it'll come back.

ripped isn't buff. he's skinny/muscular as fuck not a body builder

With the Crow, greatest hero and halloween costume of the Emo Era.

Mamoa has a history of getting roles that should be solid gold and then getting shit ass scripts (Conan) and hurting his career cause of it.

At this point he's learned to have backup plans of backup plans

the good ol' Ryan Reynold method. Keep doing franchises until one sticks.

>screenrant.com/crow-reboot-jason-momoa-2017-filming/

Wouldn't bet on it. Screenrant is reporting the Wrap, and the Wrap isn't saying that the ongoing legal dispute has been resolved - given that it's over who actually owns the rights, that's kind of important.

They can set a date. They can even film and edit the thing. But if it turns out they don't own it, it never gets released.

Im surprised he hasn't done a comedy yet.

Just so long as he doesn't go the Vin Disel route and do the first comedy handed to him like Vin and the Pacifier he could have potential.

No matter. Now that Momoa looks great as the Main Man, WB can go on with the Lobo movie. Shit, they could also cast Danny Trejo too!

>Jason Momoa
Who?

i remember there was a production photo for BvS with Momoa in all black next to Snyder. he looked like a vampire. it made me kinda want him for Morbius.

but Crow makes no sense. he looks more like Lobo in that poster, anyway.

>Morbius
Too big. Morbius must be slender.

I think you're confusing goth with emo though I understand your mistake. Emo is kind of similar to goth, the difference being that emo is a lot lamer.

How were they similar?

>Just so long as he doesn't go the Vin Disel route and do the first comedy handed to him like Vin and the Pacifier he could have potential.

Um excuse me? The Pacifer is awesome.