New Avengers Vol 1 Storytime (Part 2)

Welcome back Anons! Now to give The Sentry an entire arc!

So, funny story. Turns out that New Avengers doesn't actually HAVE a tie-in to House of M. In fact, this entire arc was done while House of M was occuring.

So the plan is going to be do House of M tomorrow, and the day after do that "House of M: Avengers" miniseries that takes place before it in that universe, where Luke is a major character.

>"Logan's asleep on the couch."

For fuck's sake, you built an entire tower, and Wolverine can't even have a bedroom? Hell, give him a closet, he's small enough to sleep comfortably in one.

Oh yeah, remember these assholes?

If you recall, "The Crusader" was that guy that Luke beat during his tie-in to "Infinity Crusade" in his 90's series.

Remember that there WAS a team of Avengers in LA, but apparently people like Bendis think they weren't "the real Avengers".

>that "It won't suck itself" post

Okay, that's unfair. That joke is reaching, even for me.

IM NOT A FAGGOT DAD

Bendis likes to diss any heroes who aren't the most popular heroes.

Look, you can't say you broke into the mansion and beat up the Avengers, and expect people to get it. Zemo did that too, but made more of a show of it.

I like to think that Peter spend the time before Wrecker figured out they were there practicing some downright JoJo-esque poses.

Have you gotten a woman in the days you've been gone, son?

>I don't even know who you are
>You will

Yeeeaaaaaaaaah boi!

Unless, of course, they're HIS obscure heroes.
I mean, I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't like Luke and Danny, but they aren't exactly the A-List.

>>Who the hell are you idiots supposed to be.
>>Fucking Wolverine and Spider-Man are right there.

What is with this "give no fucks" attitude in this book?

I want to lick Jessicas sweaty feet

Not only that, he's MET Luke Cage before. He fought the Wrecking Crew when they made their first appearance as a team with the Defenders.

I like that the Wrecker's battle plan for this fight seems to be "throw them as far as he can".

Going by this page, you aren't the only one.

Spidey is fucking great in this

There's a reason people wanted him to write Spider-Man in 616.
But that monkey paw took a few years to grant.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Bendis never even READ the Sentry book, and someone just told him what it was about.

>"This is Paul Jenkins. He's a comic book writer. He created The Sentry."

I swear, if Bob starts getting the shit beaten out of him while Jenkins starts thanking the his artists and editors, I fucking quit.

If you don't get that reference, read Morrison's Animal Man.
Well, read the entire series, but the joke is from his HIS run.

>"Perky" Paul Jenkins
>"Sassy" Sal Buscema

Bendis, you aren't exactly Stan Lee. Get someone else to do some of his style of nicknames.

Bendis, if you're going to parody Silver Age style comics, you could at least match their pacing.

>"This is bloody insane, is what this is."

Just in case you needed to be reminded that he's British.

So yeah, apparently Enemy of the State DID happen by now, or at the very least, by the time THIS comic was made.

Random question out of curiousity. Does anybody know when it was first brought up in the Marvel books that Logan was a card-carrying Avenger now?

Falling into dirty diapers. With HIS sense of smell, that must be a new kind of hell.

Fucking hell, how tall IS this guy? Or have we just always been dealing with wonky perspectives?

It should NOT have taken this long for him to find out she's still alive. Call me crazy, but if you turn yourself in and confess to a crime, don't they at least check if said crime occured?

>"Well, in professional terms, your husband has gone completly batshit."

>that sandwhich

Signs how you can tell you're hungry. Your eyes immediately go to what the characters in your fiction are eating.

Who is the bald spanic guy?

Settle down, fatty.

>"I heard you got your head handed to you by a bunch of mutant teenagers."

Is that a Runaways reference, or something else?

Yes, I know there's only one actual mutant there, doesn't mean Bendis or the characters know that.

That's what McNiven thinks Luke Cage looks like.

Good job Spidey. Not like they couldn't have used your help or anything.

What a jerk.
With a nice ass.

>"I mean, I love my wife."

Wait, so in his head he imagines the TV saying how to convince your kids they aren't mutants?

>"We just want to help."
>Logan already has his claws drawn

Creepy as fuck
Anyway Veranke >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jessica

>"I think someone has been tampering with your brain without your permission."

Something something Jean Grey joke.

Well, that doesn't look good.

I get the feeling we're going to get a lot of comments like that when we get to Secret Invasion.

>"Usually, under this kind of physical attack, I would gleefully use my psychic abilities to unlock your mind FOR you..."

Psychics, not even once.

I feel bad for the guy now, it felt like he could stop being a villain now.

Man, it's really weird seeing a shorthaired Sentry, especially since all these covers give him flowing locks.

Remember, the nature of her powers means that they'll basically just believe anything she tells them, at least on men (with women they make them hate her, for some reason). They're surprisingly similar to MCU Purple Man.

Ew, fleshy-Void is just unpleasant to look at.

That's not how people usually stand up

What about lesbians and gay men?

You'd have to ask someone more knowledgeable about Jessica Drew.

>that photorealistic image of the Sentry

So what, is that what the Sentry is suppose to look like in real life? Is that a thing some famous comic did that I can't remember off the top of my head? Or did the original Sentry mini do that?

That looks like an expression of PAIN, not "weird".

I wonder what poor sucker they got up for that gig.

Original sentry mini.
I thought it was retarded as well.

For those of you who weren't around for those parts of X-user's threads, Mastermind was one of those Silver Age X-Men villains, who ended up basically being responsible for the Dark Phoenix saga.

>"Do you want your college credit or not?"

Well it's not like SHE'S responsible for it!

Huh. Things could be going better, I guess.

All right Anons, last part!

So at least he's going with the "I'm getting ideas for my fictional book by this real person" instead of "I created these people."

Honestly, all I can think of at this scene is the story where Alan Moore says he met John Constantine.

>Emma Frost has no time for your bullshit

>"Hey Brian, if you're just going to fill the entire page with text boxes, that means I won't have to do backgrounds, right?"

>those SHIELD agents in the corner are still firing their pea-shooters at the monster that took out The Thing and Black Bolt

>"You yanked my entire brain out of my body, but you're asking permission to borrow a memory?"

Just count yourself lucky she's not the kind of psychic who will make you into girls while she's in there.

So at what point did parentheses come to mean whispering in comics? As opposed to just smaller text, I mean.

>"HAVE AT THEE!"
>Said by Namor

Isn't that usually a Thor thing? I mean, it's not like he already said "Imperius Rex" in this fight.

>"Do you know where he is?"
>"I'm not the guy to ask, it would seem. But I'll find him. Guaranteed."

Unless Jenkins did something with him in his other Sentry works, he never does.

Do a lot of characters in the Marvel Universe who aren't X-Men have psychic defenses?

This last panel reveal that he'll be an Avenger would probably be a bigger deal if he weren't on the cover with them for the last four issues.

>still with the short hair

>Johnny Storm and Spidey making jokes at the end of what is probably SUPPOSED to be a dramatic scene

Okay, so this is what I don't get about this thing. Part of "The Watchtower" looks like it does down and through Stark Tower. Is that just the artist being creative, or do some rooms have weird black stuff going right through the walls?

What are people like wolverine and captain america even doing in this fight? BlackBolt probably could scream this thing out of the earthif the low strengh class people weren't on the way

And as we're nearing the end, I've got a question, see if any of you smart Anons can ask.

What was the point of that whole "part of the Avengers vs. The Wrecker" scene? We could've gotten rid of it, and make this a simple three-parter, you know?

And that's it for today, Anons! See you tomorrow as we begin our trip to the House of M!

Cap was there probably to help him find out what's going on, like he was at the start. Wolverine, though? Who knows.

Nope, nobody else really has to deal with them while X-men have like 50 at all times.

>BlackBolt probably could scream this thing out of the earth if the low strength class people weren't on the way

I don't even know why they bring him to team fights, he can never go all out with people around.

Even if he can't use his voice, he can still hit people as hard as The Thing, and has molecular manipulation abilities.
It's just that modern writers forget he has powers besides "muh scream".

I wonder if this is the same house

>bendis actually using his own continuity

I mean it'd be a first, i'd actually give him some major points for even remembering it