Comic

>comic

>have to wait a year for 12 issues

>Comics
>A story is completed within 300 pages instead of thousands

>manga
>have to wait a year for the plot to go anywhere

>Manga.

>It takes 4 chapters of characters sitting in a room and having flashbacks in order for the plot to slowly move forward.

>The weekly format is not helping them to tell more and better stories, is the oposite

I'm not sure why you put
>Comic
Like, the only complaint here seems to be of 12 issues a year.
But why separate COMIC like it was implied a story faster than an issue a month.

Does anyone here know how the single issue-per-month format has been working out since the beginning of digital distribution?

>Generalizations

>Something that will be done a lot in this thread

The Direct Market as reported has been on the rise for at least the last 5 years.

Why?

>Anime
>airs continuously for 13 or more weeks until it ends

Cartoons
>airs a full week, then hiatus
>airs a not her 2 weeks continuously, then hiatus again
>hiatus for 3 months then airs for another week, followed by a hiatus

T-thanks.

>being a cartoonfag
Not even once.

>Anime
>Ending

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over Dragonball playing on my TV, the new Naruto movie playing on my projector, while I download the new One Piece on my computer.

desu this is one of the biggest reasons im so happy about so many titles going bimonthly in Rebirth

I just hope we don't end up with a shitton of delays as artists struggle to keep up, Green Lanterns got delayed a week

>Plots going anywhere in manga

Man if you're going to pretend you're retarded you could at least use Conan so you don't look like a scrub. In general though it's rare as fuck for an anime to have that kind of longevity. Most shows are designed to end and even those that have content get shit canned quite regularly, just look at Bleach.

>Manga
>Characters never get off the fucking boat

this desu
even ones that gain tons of popularity and can easily be exploited for more dosh still ends

>tfw season 2 never list just keeps growing

>image comic
>have to wait months between arcs and forget what happened

Thanks Saga

How many anime can you think of that have actually had a S2 that was on par with S1 though? Let em go user. It's better that way.

Did you just suggest that Bleach has content?

It has heart user.

Most of the long running shonen like One Piece and Naruto

>manga
>the main character is scared of girls

Big O.

The only ones that really suffer from bad second season we're original content or had bad source material in the first place. Something good with plenty to adapt is likely going to be solid.

Girls Saurus is great.

Big O's second season is notable for being nowhere near as good as the first though

Log Horizon and Spice and Wolf had pretty bad second seasons despite both having plenty of materiel. The less said about how Haruhi handled that the better.

Fafner

It's also hella gay.

This is why I hardly ever read any ongoing runs. Just wait until they're done and read them then so I'm not stuck waiting.

It's not like there's a shortage of material out there.

WHOA DUDE YOU ARE LETTING COMICS GET CANCELLED WHOA

>have to wait a year for 12 issues

That's fast. The art must be pretty shitty, because usually you wait between one and six years for one issue.

K-on and yes i know you guys dont like it but i still say Season 2 > Season 1

>Spice and Wolf season 2
>bad

Everything up to hueco mundo is fine

user, they are already in kingdom of elves for few chapters.

Shit taste confirmed.
Endless Eight was perfect lead up to film

>Bande Dessinée
>Have complete story once per year with amazing art and segue to next book that leaves you interested but not mad for wasting your money.

Movie was fucking 10/10. I am reading LN right now and it gets really interesting.

It's a frogpost. Greentext shitposting is the entire point of the thread.

>comic
>not comic at all

Why can't the writers do humor for shit?

>comic book
>it's actually half comic half ad book

Big O, Big O, Big O

read another comic

>manga

>have to wait four months for a tankobon
>read it in a half hour

More and more non-shonenshit anime seem to be getting second or even third seasons these days, though they do it the British way where a new season can take years to come out.

It's weird how even shows that are mega-popular and based on long manga series rarely go more than 2 cour.

I get that you're meming, but I really do hate this argument. If they're going to release the story in tiny little bits over the course of 4 years, I'm not going to be able to maintain interest. I'm not morally obligated to buy your outdated floppy format shit.

Only when its moeshit that they dump a bunch of waifus in for the NEET/Otaku audience.

Perhaps comics aren't the format of entertainment media for you.

I read GNs. There's more out there than the capeshit you read.

>start reading JoJo
>it's better than any comic I've read this year
>stories actually end
>people stay dead
>by the time I get to part 8 part 9 will already have started

From Big O to Big 0?

I can jive with this sentiment.
I like self-contained monthlies.
wat

here's your reply

>>by the time I get to part 8 part 9 will already have started

Lol if you believe this.