Its going to be repeat of Dashcon, isn't it?

Its going to be repeat of Dashcon, isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lxAeAo7duYc
youtube.com/watch?v=LEDJgfYAw-g
youtube.com/watch?v=9KM2vpz179g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait, SU got their own convention? How?

Does SU even have enough going on to consider even having a con?

Mum get the camera this shit gon be good!

Since when was SUCon a thing?

A whole convention of people who are similar to me?

That sounds awful

Doubt it
DashCon was dead in the water because no one cares about Tumblr the website, they care about people on tumblr

Dashcon was dead in the water because the people organizing it were scammers.

Welcome to Nightvale was supposed to attend but the organizers refused to pay them so they left

This would be perfect for a /cgl/ banner ad.

I've already gotten my flight booked for it. Sure I'll be missing a few days of school but it'll all be worth it since I'll get to meet the Crewniverse and Castiverse all at once!
You guys wanna meet up irl? I'll be the guy dressed up as one of the Gems, but I haven't decided which one yet. I'm on the fence about whether I want to be Pearl or Smokey since I think I can pull off either character's look...

>non-profit

lol k

About a little more than one hundred people contributed on a Kickstarter of all things. It's gonna bomb.

Also this is the SU fandom, objectively the most vile fandom on the internet, so expect some money being pocketed or a hate riot occurring.

Beach city con orgy when?

I dunno, Sup Forums, you said the same thing about ponies, and look what happened there.

God I hope it's just like Dashcon, and I say that as a SU fan.

Think they'll have a urine-soaked gempit for people to sit in?

Is Bronycon still a thing?

I mean if it is, then I imagine pretty much all of the initial meme luster has gone and it's just a bunch of fetishists and collectors and shit.

>What will programming look like?
>It is too early to talk about the schedule with any confidence beyond the basics: panels, meet-ups, photoshoots, etc. Rest assured Beach City Con programming will be musical, magical, and memorable!

>Will there be an artists’ alley/vendors?
>We hope so! Again, it depends on a few factors, especially the success of our Kickstarter.

>Will any members of the Crewniverse be there?
>We are only asking for our basic start up costs in our Kickstarter. If it is successful beyond that, we can perhaps approach some of the members of the Steven Universe production team about participating in Beach City Con. Our main goal is to foster a safe, fun environment for fans to meet each other and celebrate, so anything beyond that is bonus.

So in other words, give us money and you can come hang out in a hotel for three days, we'll figure out the rest.

Holy shit, and this got backed on kickstarter?
SU fans really have no standards do they.

I'm a SU fan and I frequent Tumblr, but honestly I hope it ends up as Dashcon 2.0

It was hilarious seeing all the dumb stuff that happened there.

From what I call, the most recent one this year only pulled in 7600 people, 3/4 of the attendance from the previous, but they're blaming that on bad scheduling.

>Our main goal is to foster a safe, fun environment for fans to meet each other and celebrate, so anything beyond that is bonus.
So everyone's welcome except Ziamii then?

i'm not familiar with how big conventions usually are, how small is 7,600 people?

For reference: Fanime is considered top 5 and draws in 28k.

For comparison, the biggest anime conventions here in Minneapolis pull around 5,000-6,000. It's still bigger than nearly any con that isn't "one of the big ones".

I can't wait to see this go down.

Agreed. Fan cons are always a terrible idea and maybe this will put an end to the meme.

But bronies have had plenty of shitty conventions. Like that one where they almost killed Tara Strong

Explain.

Yes, please explain. I need the details.

I remember Russia did a Gravity Falls one and I think that went fine and dandy, probably because they're Russians or something.

please make a vlog

i want to see your face when you walk into an empty convention hall

Russians take cons very seriously. I met a Russian once and when he saw that the local video game convention didn't have signs on the front door he got very upset and lost his appetite for ice cream.

Slavic master race

youtube.com/watch?v=lxAeAo7duYc

>It's gonna bomb.
Don't you mean STEVENBOMB? X^D

I mean in theory they can work, like the cons surrounding The Office, but usually they're poorly organized and/or managedat best and downright scams at worst.

This can completely kill a fandom

I doubt anything could be a repeat of Dashcon. At least a SU Con would have a theme to it.

Yeah, but that's Russia. They practically made a cult based around Ratchet from Chip N Dale.

As long as somebody in Russia is a fan of something, they can be very efficient in showing their support.

I remember someone tried to organize one for the MUSCLE figures back in the 2000s. It fell through, but 4kids gave them screening room copies of Ultimate Muscle, so it's the only reason DVD-quality rips of the dub exist.

> 4Kids actually doing something good for once
I guess it was worth it in the end.

While I'm aware that Dashcon and probably this SU one are scams, it must suck if you're actually trying to make it work and only like 3 people turn up

I'm already dying of second-hand embarassment

>I can pull off the look of being really tall and skinny or being really short and fat...

What the fuck are you saying

She's an amateur shapeshifter

Last I heard of Dashcon was that the organizers were actually planning a sequel. Did anything materialize from that?

>I want to be Pearl or Smokey since I think I can pull off either character's look...
One of them is a twig, the other one is rounder than a beach ball

I'm a newfag and have only heard the barest stuff about Dashcon. Just what about it made it so bad?

Nobody gave them money forthat one

>it actually got a con of it's own
Fuck, I've seen this shit before. If this actually goes thorugh and it's not a complete flop then SU will be one step closer to actually becoming the next small horse show.

Please no, I don't want to jump ship again

Only about a dozen people attended. The only attraction was a ballpit. At one point, someone pissed in the ballpit. That was the highlight of the con.

Smokey is actually about Jasper's height. Her ratios do kinda make her look like a giant midget, though.

Width-wise, however, I am also confused.

Didn't Invader Zim actually get it's own convention at one point?
Conventions based on one entire show or one online community are always a bad idea, it's better off just having a genre based (Anime, DnD, Vidya) or general interest convention (as long as it doesn't go full hollywood expo like Comic con eventually became, at that point you might as well just call it a giant consumer show). If you're going to want something show or community specific, you might as well just make a panel at an existing convention.

I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO

DashCon made my sides fly high. Beach City Con better do the same

Just kill yourself then. Or get better taste in fandoms.

Our course of action is clear, then. To be on the safe side, we need a saboteur. Our very own ballpit pisser.

If I were you, I'd start scouting better fandoms. Once these fuckers get in, they're not gonna leave.

When I find myself in a tough spot, I always remember I'm not as incompetent as the mouthbreathers who organized this shit and my day gets insntantly better

I think a lot more people than that attended which is what made it so much more of a clusterfuck, then the organisers somehow managed to get them to cough up and extra $17k because they were going to be chucked out because the organisers hadn't paid their bills or something.

>This can completely kill a fandom
I'm pretty sure if the fandom and franchise can survive that whole shitstorm about that girl attempting suicide because tumblrites told her to because "Steven is too thin in this fanfic", it can survive a failed convention.

My city anime con usually pulls about 8,000, and I consider it a comfy medium-size.

We also had a pony con that happened twice before it got canned. I-I went both times. It was 2013 don't judge me.

That's the joke.

The entire post is playing up the stereotype of a cancerous fan to the extreme.

Thanks for the information. Gives me a lot of context about that one Rebeltaxi podcast from long ago.

Or the one in Vegas where the organizers ran with the money and didn't pay for absolutely anything.

Yeah, Dashcon had a good chunk of people. I remeber back before Dashcon Tumblrites would say shit like

HEY HUYS WHAT IF WE HAD TUMBLR UNIVERSITY XXDDDD

WHAT IF WE HAD TUMBLR TEXT BOOKS LAMO LOL OMG XD

And then it all stopped and died out when DashCon came

It was loosing ore and more people by the day. Which is pretty terible for a Con

It's pretty big
It doesn't get close to behemoths like SDCC and A/X but those are a league of its own.
Generally anything that pulls over 5,000 people is notorious

i hope something like this happens
youtube.com/watch?v=LEDJgfYAw-g

I hope we get a thing like the Ballpit.

Where its a small kiddy pool filled with water from a kitchen sink and store bought sand as well as Blow up trees and all of it is supposed to represent a beach

Dashcon 2: Electric Boogaloo

Who here is hyped for Ballpit 2.0?

Because in Russia if you actually scam a couple of thousands out of their money, you are most likely gonna be founf dead a week later

As it should be

Sometimes a con about a single show works. Gargoyles had cons for years.

Dear god, I hope this happens, and I hope to god it's a complete disaster. Dashcon was a glorious trainwreck to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=9KM2vpz179g

wait,wait,wait,hold the fucking phone

I just went on the kickstarter page and looked at the person behind it.This is someone's job to plan events.This is no secret,people get paid to plan events like SDCC and other major cons and that's all fine and dandy,but where it gets sketchy is the fact that the blonde behind the project can't afford to set up the con herself.So instantly with the 17k that's raised will be placed into her pocket at the end of the 30 days.

With this very specific niche,outside of payment of hotel services and rooms that are a part of the tier rewards,what can they really do besides pay all expenses for their guests?

Is this really going to be another ball pit situation?

Yes. Exactly. And all those idiots could have realized this, but they still gave 17k. Ball Pit Zwei here we come.

>objectively the most vile fandom on the internet
You are ignorant to the horrors of the world.

>they instantly bring out the 4chin boogeyman to justify their fuck ups

This is poetry of the highest caliber

Apparently during a celebrity dinner thing they served her eggplant, which she's allergic to.

They also sold people on meal tickets to a buffet that never happened.

No poo in the loo

But they are right, WE did that, WE made them promising guest appearances and then not paying for them, WE made them not pay enough for the convention center so they had to beg for more! ANd our biggest accomplishment was that they then had resort to the ball pit as a reward. That was all US!

Can't say I've ever heard of an eggplant allergy.

it's due to the specific proteins in eggplants.It's a pretty rare allergy to have,thankfully for people like Tara she's only allergic to the eggplant and not the rest of the family.if she were really unlucky then she could've been born allergic to potatoes,tomatoes,eggplant,etc.

>objectively the most vile fandom on the internet
There have been so many "most viles" that it just means nothing.

Baltimore here, our convention center has been getting kinda jewish lately and deterring the things it's built for, so that may also be it.

I hear Otakon is gonna be in DC next year.

Until we get a confirmed kill by the SU fandom, it isn't the most vile though driving a girl to almost suicide is still pretty shitty.

Hilariously enough BronyCon is running the same weekend. They got a new chair too so it is going to be pretty fun to watch.

How good was the Morrisoncon

>Not using question marks

Why should he use question marks!

Used to express doubt or uncertainty about something.

So glad I don't work downtown anymore.

Bronycon the year I did was kind of hilarious to see.
Just a sea of neckbeards and freshfaced wouldbe neckbeards, and the occasional traumatized parents with iron grips on their daughter's hands wondering what the fuck they'd gotten themselves into.

>someone gets beaten and sent to the hospital due to shipping nonsense

Screencap this.

If people are doing artwork there, I fully expect at least one person to be bullied out of the building because they draw Rose too skinny or something.

How would they do thatĂ·

Just answer the question?

He probably doesn't know, he just jumped on you to criticize.

you either die a hero....

Or you retire peacefully a forgotten has-been?

All I'll say about Dashcon is that this qt3.14 Night Vale cosplayer whose picture was posted to /cgl/ got me to start listening to "Welcome to Night Vale", and ever since then I've been addicted to podcasts.

It was also funny to hit the point where in the pre-episode introduction, the co-creator of WTNV brought up that they would be attending Dashcon as guests. Hindsight is 20/20, after all.

>a stevidot/gregpearl shipper walks into an SU-convention